Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center

Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center Employer Reviews

Amazing Staff and Patients
Practice Plan Coordinator (Former Employee), Seattle, WAAugust 4, 2014
I have never felt more complete in all aspects of my life then when I worked here. Everyone is on a mission for the patient and you can feel the positive energy every day.
Great place
Biostatistics Research Associate (Current Employee), Seattle, WAJuly 4, 2014
Great learning environment
Great people
Great office spaces
Research
Lab Manager/Research Tech (Former Employee), Seattle, WAMay 8, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule, good benefits, great people
Cons: low pay, grant based positions
I was involved in many different research projects at FHCRC. I learned alot about research and cell biology. The management and my co-workers were wonderful. The hardest part of the job was the unpredictability of the research. The most enjoyable was see the research we conducted make a difference in peoples lives.
Research Lab Aide (Current Employee), Seattle, WAFebruary 9, 2014
The work atmosphere is very laid back. Co-workers help each other out as much as possible.
Best job of my career
RN staff nurse - ICU primary care adult (Former Employee), Seattle, WAJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: learning
Cons: emotional involvement
Primary care from start to discharge. Best work enviroment with cooperation ever between all med personel.
Typical academia
Staff Scientist (Current Employee), Seattle, WANovember 15, 2013
Typical academic environment. Not so high salary. Need to write grant all the time.
x
Quality Services Compliance Manager (Current Employee), Seattle, WANovember 15, 2013
Pros: x
Cons: x
Would be happy to discuss in person. Current leadership communication needs improvement. Great repoire with co-workers.
Great place!
technical support (Former Employee), Public Health SciencesOctober 21, 2013
Pros: quality support staff, honest management
Cons: budget cuts
While budget cuts have me in the former employee section, I enjoyed the work environment. Every one I worked with had the same great work ethic, because we all know to work at this non-profit is a mission.
Beautiful campus
Research Technician II, Molecular Epidemiology (Current Employee), Seattle, WAOctober 17, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: budget cuts
Great place to work, flexible hours, beautiful campus and intelligent knowledge co-workers
Productive, yet fun and relaxed workplace
Program Assistant III (Current Employee), Seattle, WAOctober 15, 2013
It was great while it lasted. Layofff due to grants is expected in this field
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
Desktop Support (Former Employee), Seattle, WASeptember 8, 2013
Great place to work. I started as an intern. Everybody in the I.T Department took me in as I had been working there for years. Very pleasurable experience.
Great people and ideals.
Veterinary Technician Lead (Former Employee), Seattle, WAAugust 1, 2013
Working at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center allowed me to expand personally and professionally. I gained experience in team building and supervision. By working with staff and management at FHCRC I was able to effectively make beneficial and important changes in the facility where I worked. I am thankful for the experience and friendships gained – more... while working with this establishment. – less
good place to work
Postdoctoral Research Fellow (Current Employee), Seattle, WAJuly 11, 2013
I enjoyed working here.

Facilities and support are top notch.

People are helpful.
Repetitive Work, but Wonderful People
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Seattle, WAJuly 9, 2013
High throughput DNA sequencing lab
Processed up to 100s of samples daily
Start with raw DNA and process entirely from cloning to sequence analysis
Huge company
Lab Aide (Former Employee), Seattle, WAMay 15, 2013
Pros: nice cafeteria, nice environment
Cons: had to work in the basement
A nice place to work at. Great learning experience while I was in school.
Productive and collaborative
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Seattle, WAFebruary 6, 2013
Productive and collaborative. Great co-worker. Great seminars and career development committee.
The hardest part of the job.
SOP Administrator, Expedited Analyst (Current Employee), Seattle, WANovember 15, 2012
Pros: loyalty, integrity, hospitable nature, intelligent and considerate
Cons: you must drive me away from the desk to take a lunch or a break, i will forget my birthday, i will try to say good morning to all.
The hardest part of the job would be to know it is time to stop. I enjoy working and I push through obstacles often. It is my desire to challenge myself as the mere opportunity helps me improve my skill set and knowledge of the industry, I seek to take on more and by completing my tasks assigned, I improve. I have an excellent demeanor and nature for – more... any work environment and with my experience in a logistics, and clinical research environment, you would be hard pressed to find one to equal my drive, passion and vigor. Don't take my word for it. Please, see for yourself. – less
A good place to work, very good benefits
Senior Buyer (Current Employee), Seattle, WASeptember 30, 2012
Pros: a great place to work in a beautiful city
Cons: very bad traffic congestion
The day begins going through emails looking for problems and reviewing new incoming requisitions. Next would be running reports to work through delivery and pricing issues. Our entire system is running on PeopleSoft so everything is electronic. On the requisitions for capital equipment or maintenance contracts depending on the vendor and the amount – more... of money I will review the terms and conditions. If I find anything that I’m not conformable with I will negotiate with the vendor. From time to time I will get from a request HR to move a new recruit’s household and lab to the Seattle area. I’ll also get involved with projects like the identifying the equipment needed for a new clinic the center is building in Uganda.
In the years I’ve worked at this company I learned to work with a variety of people on a myriad of problems and issues. I become very comfortable using database tools and spreadsheets along with common sense to address these problems and issues.
The hardest part is to try and not get too overwhelmed with the work load. The most enjoyable part was working with the people. – less
Administrative Assistant ! (Former Employee), Seattle, WASeptember 21, 2012
Pros: culture
Cons: the funding situation
Fred Hutch is good place to work but because much of the reasearch is grant funded positions are not always permanent.
Good company
Research Technician II (Former Employee), Seattle, WASeptember 9, 2012
Really supportive company, great education opportunities. Rough hours, lots of stress