Fred Loya Insurance

Fred Loya Insurance Employer Reviews

Growth Opportunites and great Entry-Level positions
Office Manager (Former Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: great opportunities for advancement within the company
Cons: salary is not too competitive
If you are interested in Property and Casualty insurance, this is a great place to start. Flexible schedules and great environment.
Productive Workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee), Marietta, GAFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: long lunch break
Cons: great deal of information to learn in a short time
Insurance Training, Learned about Selling Car Insurance in the state of Georgia and how to become certified. My co-workers were competitive and fun. The hardest part of the job was retaining so much information at one time, the most enjoyable part was teamplaying.
Fred Loya Insurance
Appraiser (Former Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: flexible schedules
Cons: no pay rate change
To begin with I enjoy working with customers and helping them with their needs on concerns. I learn to develop better customer skills and to succeed in customer service role
great work environment
Manager (Former Employee), auroraFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: always something to due
Cons: a lot of work for only two people in an office
I learned how to become my own boss in one year. The hardest part in my job was working with employees and customer due to we only had two people in the office working with calls and walk ins. But at the end of the day thats what made the day go faster.
on phone all day
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), El Paso TxFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: healthcare insurance
Cons: no breaks
repetitive providing quotes and taking payments all day. helping customers with endorsement quotes and with billing related inquiries.
able to obtain an variety expeirnce with the insruance field
INSURANCE AGENT (Current Employee), Lubbock, TXJanuary 26, 2015
Management was very organized and understanding with personal matters. Turnover rate is high so its hard to build a good team.
Fun and make a close family
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), San Angelo, TXJanuary 22, 2015
chill day at work
co workers are great
learned different policies
it was ok.
Total loss clerk (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: my ex supervisor was great, always very nice in checking in on the employ and seeing how everyone was doing.
Cons: the work is very repetitive, they don't really allow you to do much outside of your job assignment, really no training program, dictator-like environment
good place to work, as long as the HR likes you. employees talk more them work in most cases. very "high school" environment.
never consistent on rules, one minute they will enforce them then next no ones says a word.
Too much work not enough pay
CSR (Former Employee), South Houston, TxJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: ok pay for high school diploma, 40 hrs a week
Cons: no room for growth
I started as a Sales Rep and they would train us into doing claims work without increasing pay. Coworkers were fun to work with. Manager was too strict on us and would overreact on minor mistakes. I do not recommend working here. Also, if you go over your 40 hours even by just a minute, they cut your hours the next week down to 35.
productive
CSR/AGENT (Former Employee), Tracy, CAJanuary 16, 2015
cleaning up sales floors and fitting rooms
i learned how to do almost everything around the store cash handling warehouse... ect
the hardest part of the job would have to be working in retail during black Friday
the most enjoyable part was meeting so many new people everyday
Local success story that should inspire you
Property & Casualty Claims Department Manager (Former Employee), El Paso, TXJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: good training program
Cons: long hours
Offered me my start in the industry for which I am grateful for.
fun workplace
clerk (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXDecember 18, 2014
when working with outside workplace it was difficult to work when its rained
Pretty good work place to start a career insurance
Property Damage Adjuster (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXDecember 18, 2014
Pros: hour lunches
Cons: understaffed
I would answer phones and deal with customers that were involved in accidents as well as give them rentals if coverage was afforded
CSR
Customer Service Representative-Personal (Former Employee), Denver, CODecember 11, 2014
Terrible management, ethics and environment. Unprofessional, understaffed with no intention to retain staff. Six day work week with no flexibility in scheduling. Only requires personal lines license, do nt recommend working here.
car insurance
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 4, 2014
car insurance, issuing policies, making changes to policies such as adding drivers.
No Micro Managing
Subrogation/Arbitration Adjuster (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXNovember 21, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: under paid
This company is very laid back and easy to do but the chance for advancement to higher level management positions is slim. But you can move from department to department.
Starting a Productive Day
Customer Service Representative/Sales (Current Employee), Houston, TXNovember 9, 2014
Being a Fred Loya Employee been very Satisfactory. Starting the day by opening the office and working morning duties is very pleasant, helping customers the best possible in a friendly environment. Team work is very important in the office and helps keep everything organized and done on time. I learned to have a better understanding with our customers and co-workers by listening and explaining very detail, which is the most enjoyable part of the day leaving and helps the office run smooth. Management is magnificent we get all updates of company rules and procedures right away for us to apply them.
Slow paced working environment with little to no guidance.
Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Alamogordo, NMOctober 22, 2014
Pros: comfortable work environment
Cons: no guidance
Working at Fred Loya was a good learning experience for me, besides the fact that our manager/ supervisor was located in another city. I learned a lot about selling insurance and other related services. The management was good, if and when, it were present. I worked with great individuals who assisted me with the study material for my licensure exam. However, I did not enjoy calling a massive list of individuals soliciting insurance. The most enjoyable part of my job was giving customers insurance quotes and selling a policy after he/she accepted the quote(s) I provided.
Fast paced environment, good place to work.
California Region DRP Inspector (Current Employee), San Diego, CaliforniaOctober 19, 2014
Pros: company vehicle, gas card, vehicle maintenance coverage.
Day starts with review of emails/communication, claim assignments review, make calls and set up inspections, open calendar enter daily activities, travel from one location to another, answer calls, questions from customers and coworkers, take photos and write estimates of all claim related vehicles, visit repair facilities, re-inspect vehicles for additional damages, negotiate/discuss damages, repairs, labor rates and date of completion, at times, need to refer claims for further investigation or information on facts of loss, extent of damages, etc.
Estimates get reviewed by a supervisor, if over certain amount, or more than one supplement is created, payment authorization and issuance of check, this is a daily routine.
Hardest part of job is negotiating repairs, the most enjoyable part is
processing a claim and having a customer tell you they are happy with the service received by you or being able to assist a customers having problems with their claim.
Co-workers and management need to work in professionalism.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 12, 2014
Cons: work monday-sat without incentives nor overtime
Employees need to understand their position and act accordingly. My advise would be:
Attend a customer service training class.
Work with a more experienced customer service mentor on the team.
Review calls with my supervisor once per week for improvement suggestions.
Participate in outbound customer service surveying calls.
Sit as a call reviewer with team leads to listen to how they perform on the phone.

1 2 3 4 5