Fred Loya Insurance Employee Reviews

Stressful, no opportunity for advancement
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 14, 2017
No opportunity for advancement and if there is they will give it to someone who is very good friends with management or married to someone in upper management already.
Do not recommend to anyone that goes to school since they will not give you a day off during the week. Specially with the new office hours.
Very demanding they expect everything to be perfect if not you will get in trouble for it, and its not worth the pay.
Also they want you to lie to customers so the company does not get in trouble or get lawsuit, for what they are doing wrong.
Pros
Cons
Poor pay, Stressful, Unfair with promotions
Slow During Winter and Fast Paced in Summer, Worse manager experince.
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 14, 2017
The Job it self was OK. But management made it horrible to work there , specially the regional manager. The regional was the one that would approve you vacation days, raises, etc. the other managers seemed more like team leaders than manager cause all would do what the regional would say.
Pros
The Work it self was nice.
Cons
Very Short breaks and no lunches, management.
Great place to begin career
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 10, 2017
Fred Loya Insurance was incredibly flexible with my school schedule and was supportive when I chose to leave to complete my degree. Strongly suggest to anyone who needs a shot at a good job. Plenty of opportunities for advancement.
Very Great Company
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 8, 2017
I enjoyed every day working hard, since the first time in the morning, the time is running fast, we have to many clients, Have no time to boring, calling clients to do payments on time, selling insurance a lot,
My Manager is always helping us, WE are always learning.
Pros
working less than 8 hrs
Cons
short breaks to relax
My first job
Customer Service representative (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 8, 2017
I learned everything i know from my time with the company. and for that, I am thankful. I've grown as a person and as a professional, and I've become a more motivated individual because of it.
This was a fast paced environment.
Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Edinburg, TXAugust 8, 2017
Upon arriving to work I would check all my emails, and voicemails.
I would return all calls before lunch time. I would call our insured and/or claimants to request statements of accident that occurred.
Pros
salary
Cons
short breaks
insurance agent
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  TexasAugust 7, 2017
I learn a lot in the time i worked with the company. I do no recommend to stick for the long run. There is no room to grow. Other people get promoted not so much because of there merits more so because of the relationship they have with managers.
Pros
job security, weekly pay
Cons
no room to grow, a lot of nepotism
Productive and fun workplace
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Indio caJuly 22, 2017
Fred Loya is a great place to work at if interested in selling automobile insurance. They hire without experience and help you get licensed. Pay is not based on commission you get paid hourly, starting pay is at $14.00 per hour.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Schedule
Paid for own license
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 18, 2017
The atmosphere was fun the people who worked there became close friends. There were times where the job became too hectic and we had too many calls but overall i had fun.
Working at Fred Loya
Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 9, 2017
Fred Loya is a pretty great place to work at! It's very time consuming but the pay is good. It's mentally straining, but not physical. They are rather strict on dress code and company policies.

Want to know more about Fred Loya Insurance?

Ask a question
good company to get sales and insurance experience
Insurance Agent/ Customer service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAJuly 7, 2017
Management was not that great since the main managers where out of town in other locations. Had to meet sales goals which is not bad if you are looking for sales experience. Chill company mostly computer work and providing customer with quotes and company information. as well as some marketing
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Weslaco, TXJuly 6, 2017
I like the company but i had a problem with the manager and instead of she talking to me she went behind my back and told all my coworkers wat i was doing wrong so they could tell me i stead of her due to she was the manager i expected better
great work place
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJuly 1, 2017
The more you sale the more you make. The only two things that i didnt agree with fred loya insurance were. 1 you always have to wear a black blazer and black wheels no matter what the weather is like.2 the manager did not follow the osha guidlines.
very professional
HR Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 30, 2017
Fred Loya insurance company teaches you so many thing, how to be professional, how to treat customer, overall great experience to work with such a great company.
benefits
Cons
no raise
Stressful job environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 27, 2017
There is no work life balance, no commission, your hourly pay can lower depending the office. Manager rushes you to do your work constantly pointing at watch even when with a customer even tracks your restroom break. They are not equal managers get to use their cell phone in office and have no dress code while employees have to wear black suits and button up shirts even during summer. They do not care for employees all they care is about numbers if you are a hard worker they will not acknowledge it. At the beginning they tell you will work 40 hrs in reality you will get a write up for reaching 40 hrs usually end with 38 hrs or less no overtime or you get a write up. This company overall micromanaged by Regional managers and CEO doesn't care.
Pros
Hour lunch, they help you get licence
Cons
Healthcare, dress code, hourly wage lowered quaterly
Great
Agent Representative (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 26, 2017
Overall great experience and learned how to multitask and it offers opportunities to grow within the company. It could be stressful at times keeping in mind customers are upset before speaking to us.
Stressful and political
Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 26, 2017
Let's start with the most enjoyable thing: co workers and Jean Fridays. Most managers who are great with their employees do a lot more than they are paid for and are great teachers, it's rare you'll find a great manager but when you do they either end up in a better position elsewhere outside the company or they get taken advantage of while promoting other lazy managers.
Medical benefits is a plus, though you pay it and is taken out of your pay check. 5sick days and 5 vacation days.

Less enjoyable: lack of communication between managers, adjusters and clerks. There's always meetings in which all managers are always in everyday for hours so if you have a question forget it ask someone else or figure it out. Everytime there's a meeting the people that are involved within the work are excluded and expected to change their whole work flow based off of a meeting had. There's no understanding of each other's jobs. Some managers or team leads that are promoted don't even understand clerks jobs making difficult for communication and understanding for both parties. There are some team leads who want to manage everything you do like when and where you can use the restroom or talk to someone.
People are promoted due to who they know not how well they do their job or understand the job given to them. Also there are or were a couple of people who were treated differently because they were related to a manager or another authority figure.
HR is more concerned about dress code than the politics shown in the company. They refer to the handbook for unnecessary things in which we have
  more... an outdated handbook from 2011 that does not back them up.
You get thrown different jobs due to the turn over rate and lack of properly trained employees. You'll find yourself over worked and underpaid.

You mostly sit at your desk trying to figure things out on your own because everyone else around you was poorly trained and the managers are always in a meeting and the people who knew what to do are no longer with the company.

Hourly employees are not allowed overtime unless given permission from department managers but even then you have to watch your hours or you will get written up.

Clerks are looked down upon as we do a lot and yet are underappreciated.
There's really no room for promotion at clerk position unless you get your license then you can go on.
Pros
Co workers, jeans on Friday and some nice events
Cons
Stressful, underappreciated and management is lagging
Ok Company to gain experience but not a career.
Bodily Injury Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 23, 2017
They need a training team to further develop their new hires, current employees, and management. Over all it was a good experience in the 4 years I was there.
Pros
Family oriented company
Cons
No training materials
Customer Service Representative
Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 21, 2017
Not much to say about the company. My experience is only limited to one of the offices I worked at.
There wasn't much of an opportunity to effectively communicate with the manager. The good thing about the job was that it was challenging and very rewarding.
Very productive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXJune 20, 2017
A wonderful place to work. Ab environment where is full of motivation and inspiration as well as ambitious. A very good company to grow within the corporation.