FRED MEYER JEWELERS

FRED MEYER JEWELERS United States Employee Reviews

Productive place to work
fred meyer employee (Former Employee), Boise, IDFebruary 20, 2015
I have learned a lot working for Fred Meyer. I have learned customer service skills, training, office procedures, filing, and what it means to work with a team.
Bad Work/Life Balance
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Portland, ORFebruary 13, 2015
Cons: plenty
Store managers are expected to work 10 hour days and work 2 swing shifts. Managers are also expected to outperform their sales staff while conducting business operations as well.

Avoid
Good Company
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Columbus, OHFebruary 10, 2015
This Company is great, and the people are wonderful. The hardest part is working slow days, the efforts to draw customers in from their grocery shopping isn't always easy. The Management is supportive and are happy to help develop you for growth within.
great new company
Store Manager (Current Employee), Lexington, KYFebruary 5, 2015
great company new ideals and great pay. good benifits and chance to move up in the company Great traning , managemnet was very good
An enjoyable workplace with great people
Sales Professional (Current Employee), Forney, TXJanuary 17, 2015
I find myself constantly learning new things. I find the jewelry business to be very intriguing, so constantly learning is enjoyable for me. I love to interact with people on a daily basis. In sales, everything can change in an hour- This is a challenging, yet exciting aspect.
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Springfield, ORDecember 22, 2014
Pros: job work/life balance, compensation/benefits
Cons: job security
Opened and/or closed department when scheduled to. Maintaining constant presence on the sales floor to address customer needs, and recommending appropriate items and completing purchases was all in a typical work day. In the nineteen years that I worked for this company, I learned a lot about jewelry. The hardest part of the job was overcoming objections. I enjoyed working for this company, the employees I worked with, and the job as a Sales Associate.
great co workers
Professional Sales Associate (Current Employee), Tumwater, WADecember 16, 2014
Pros: commission
Cons: on your feet all day
Its retail so its a challenge but you work with wonderful people and with beautiful pieces!
Fun place to work
Sales Professional (Current Employee), Boise, IDDecember 11, 2014
Great customers, flexible schedule/hours. I do not have additional information to provide at this time.
A great place to learn and grow
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Ogden utOctober 15, 2014
I enjoy working here. It has helped me learn about sales, and working with customers.
Selling high end jewerly.
Sales Professional (Former Employee), Medford, ORAugust 28, 2014
Pros: great work enviroment
Cons: short staffed
Great place to work, building rapport with customers and closing a sell on a product. Heavy clerical and logistical work with an enjoyable work enviroment.
diamond store
Sales Specialist (Current Employee), Mansfield, TXAugust 26, 2014
fun place to work. variety of jewelry. good team. reasonable prices.
There are no two sides to a story........if you have a assistant manager who doesn't like you.......you're done for.......period...end of story!!!!!!
Sales Professional (Former Employee), Fred Meyer at The Kroger Marketplace Willis, TexasAugust 5, 2014
Pros: good discounts & benefits, if you're around long enough to take part in them.
Cons: very much a "good old boy" environment, no due process or chance to prove your side of an issue. very political!
Only worked there for two months and was let go because a recently promoted assistant manager didn't like me. I have NO IDEA what story she dreamed up to tell the manager, but by the next day I was gone. I could tell from the beginning the assistant manager was very unstable, but a good producer so she was in a tight relationship with the manager. I was warned about her by other sales professionals, but never dreamed the assistant was so vengeful!!!!!! I don't know if it was jealousy or just some other issue of hers. It's not worth my time to even think of the situation, but just want others to BEWARE of this culture!!!!!!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Newberg, ORMay 12, 2014
Your reach may exceed your grasp today -- but there's not much you can do about either! If someone accuses you of greed, just shrug and admit that you've got desires just like everyone else.
Heavy stream of customers
Sale Associate/Auditor (Former Employee), Mill Creek, WAMay 10, 2014
Very attractive store front. Plenty of business and co-workers are fun to work with.
Energetic Work Environment
Manager (Former Employee), Quincy, ILApril 17, 2014
A typical day included coming in and opening the safe, pulling all the diamonds out and setting everything back in the cases. Opening the register and opening the gates. Then counting the diamonds piece by piece to make sure everything was accounted for. After all was accounted for then we would wait on customers and sell jewelry. Make sure all customers need were met.
Good Company to Work For
Store Manager (Current Employee), Bridgewater, NJApril 11, 2014
Pros: benefits
Good company to work for. Benefits are really good and start right away for management. Balance for work life and personal is ok
Poor leadership/ management
Manager (Current Employee), kentuckyFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: owned by kroger
Cons: poor pay and commision structure.
Poor upper management and company ethics. Multiple HR concerns within higher ranking management.
Competitive retail location, new to Texas, sales driven.
Store Manager (Former Employee), Richmond, TXDecember 5, 2013
Pros: great employees, employee discounts.
Cons: no work/life balance, constant sales pressure.
Fred Meyer Jewelers is owned by Kroger Co. New jewelry store concept in Kroger Marketplace locations only. This is a new territory to the jewelry division, and the company has very aggressive sales driven goals. With little marketing support, the manager is responsible to driving sales with little support. The job is demanding because of rigorous manager schedules during holidays and special events, and the demand to become involved with Kroger sponsored events. If sales do not produce from efforts, manager is held liable and can face termination for lack of store sales.
the company was good on a whole
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Grants Pass,OR,August 12, 2013
Pros: the benefits were very good.
The company on a whole is a good place to work. The department I was in, use to give training, in different areas of the job. But as time went on these were drop. In the department I was in you needed training. I believe there is still 2 course that you should take.
Strong Employer w/ Career Advancement and Sales Specialist Development
Sales Specialist and Management (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNMay 8, 2013
Pros: professional growth and developement, strong employer, great health insurance, fixes all mistakes
Cons: difficult goals, threats for not attainging goals
Strong Employer, wages need improvement and aren't realistic for someone supporting a family. Strong research and development and incorporates methods of listening to each employee. Constant contact with upper management and corporate. Receive training and support from every level of management. Difficult days were the slow days, cleanest of all jewelry stores in and around their class. Best days were the days you could positively change someone's life.

FRED MEYER JEWELERS Salaries