Fred Meyer

Fred Meyer Employer Reviews

an overall pleasant place to work
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee), Burien, WAJuly 30, 2014
Pros: mostly flexiable scheduling, job security, pay raise by hours worked
a typical day at work was display maintenance and helping customers find what they need. It was a great place to learn about how to deal with the many personalities you come in contact with and it challenges and improves your memory since you have to remember quite a bit of item placement. My co-workers were friendly and helpful.
Fun workplace, lots of cool people to work with.
Sales associate (Former Employee), Kent, WAJuly 24, 2014
I enjoyed working here; there is a lot of oppertunity for advancement, union benefits, and competitive pay (vs ALL other jobs like this).
Fun place to be
Deli MSD (Former Employee), Clackamas, ORJuly 22, 2014
Pros: breaks and lunchs, friendly co-workers, fun place to work
Cons: closing dutie
A typical day was making, and preparing food for customers, helping the customers with the items they need. Being friendly and kind to people. Always cleaning when you have down time. I loved my co-workers we were always there for one another and got along very well. I think the hardest part was when it was closing time. it would take about 3 hours – more... after we closed to make sure it was perfect but we were only supposed to take about a half hour to close. That was the only difficult part. Other then that I loved it there. – less
Excessive Micromanaging
cashier/clerk (Former Employee), apparel departmentJuly 22, 2014
Pros: loved the customers, enjoyed cashiering
Cons: top heavy micro managing.
Now, we have to consider I had been " my own boss" as a classroom teacher, but they apparel manager, felt it was necessary to micro manage me and I am very self motivated. The pay raised were ridiculous, .05 an hour, and then .10 an hour. The working conditions at Fred Meyers are not good. I called in sick on Dec 17, 2005, and I was told if I didn't – more... come to work, I would be fire, I had never called in sick before in 4 years :(
My day consisted of working 7-8 hours a day, mostly cashiering, but when I worked Bridge Jewlery, I had to intake inventory and mark it and clearance it. I learned a lot about corporate businesses and how they run and also a lot about the retail business. This part makes me a great merchandiser and also I learned about mystery shopping, as I was mystery shopped myself. I have worked for Narms and I've done mystery shopping and many other jobs.
I had fun with the younger folks on the Fred Meyer staff. I taught them a lot about working in retail and being responsible. – less
Overall good work environment
Door Greeter/Playland Attendant (Current Employee), Portland, ORJuly 21, 2014
The most enjoyable and rewarding part about my job is getting to be around children all day. This can turn anyone's frown upside down. I am a pretty easy going person so I get along great with my co-workers and management.
Apparel associate
APPAREL ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Boise IDJuly 18, 2014
A typical work day consisted of standing at a cash register wait for someone to pay for something, or putting up new stock. The others I worked with were nice but I did not like standing all day. This was the most stressful job I've ever had. I did however learn how to operate the register and stock clothing so the experience was great.
Fred Meyer was like family to me, always will be.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Yakima, WAJuly 15, 2014
Pros: no free lunches. lots of work
Cons: health care for my entire family of 5 cost me $400 a month.
My work day consisted of overseeing all food depts. grocery, deli, meat dept., bakery etc. at any time I was responsible for 85 -200 employees. Very fast paste and extremely customer service oriented.
Fast paced enviroment and a fun workplace
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Everett, Wa.July 11, 2014
A typical day at work consisted of answering phones, processing refills and typing new prescriptions. Assisted the pharmacist when needed. Also included was operating the cash register and drive thru. I've learned a lot over the years, many situations that often had different outcomes. I've learned patience. Sometimes people just want to be heard and – more... have their issues resolved. I've had some great managers and then some not so great managers.The ones that have really cared about what goes on in the workplace are the ones that have made the most impact on the staff as well as the customers. Other managers have just wanted to get through the day and go home and didn't care, didn't want to get involved. I've been truly blessed with working with wonderful, close co-workers. Yelling, swearing customers had to be the hardest part of my job. Most rewarding part of my job would be the many years of service that I had provided to so many families. Calling them by name, knowing what they needed and being able to provide my service to them. – less
Well managed
Fruit Cutter (Former Employee), Milwaukie, ORJuly 8, 2014
Pros: some friendly people
Cons: training
If I were to review my last job it had its ups and downs on one hand it was a great working environment... On the other hand the training could use some help and instead of not helping when questions are ask put the time and effort to train your employees well enough not have someone else do it who just quickly went through the basics but not the most – more... important things. All in all the orientation was the best part – less
Varity
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Eugene, ORJuly 7, 2014
Pros: discounts on apparel, electronics, home items and food. insurance for partime employees
Cons: on my feet all day not aloud to sit down unless on break or lunch
Most always on a daily basis we were given a different tour to complete. I learned goal setting and time management skills. My co-workers were like my family they were very helpful and I liked to help them as well.
The hardest part of my job was being on my feet all day long and lifting and moving the heavy displays and fixtures.
The most enjoyable – more... part of my job was merchandising, the sense of pride when I had created displays. I also liked helping customers and solving their issues. It gave me a good feeling when I was able to find what they were looking for or something else that would work for them. – less
Fast paced, fun work enviorment
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Bothell, WAJuly 6, 2014
Pros: time and a half on sundays, and holidays, fun people to work with
Cons: not always enough hours
I had a wonderful work experience at Fred Meyer, I learned so many skills, But most of all I learned how much fun it was to go out of your way to make the customers feel special, While most of my co-workers avoided the customers, I really enjoyed giving them timely
service with a smile. I have numerous 100% customer service awards.
Fun workplace
Starbucks Barista (Former Employee), Fairbanks, AKJuly 4, 2014
I loved working for Starbucks under Fred Meyer. They offered me flexible shifts, awesome discounts, and paid weekly. I didn't get any discounts for Starbucks though and that upset me because I am a barista.
Fun work enviornment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Medford, ORJune 30, 2014
I would either be on the cash register or on the floor recovering. Customer service was the top priority. Management was fun and my coworkers were easy going.
unfair
Apparel Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee), University PlaceJune 30, 2014
Pros: good health benefits.
Cons: not enough hours
I didnt really like working for Fred Meyer, I mean they have great benefits, but they treated me poorly.
I woul work till 6 in the morning to 3 in the afternoon and sometimes i would work till 3 in the afternoon to 12 am.
The hardest part about my job was standing at the cash register all day. The most enjoyable part of my job was getting to know the – more... customers.
My co-workers were kind but some of them were rude. – less
Good temporary job.
Health and Beauty Aids Clerk (Current Employee), Center Health products aisles.June 26, 2014
Pros: great manager and work team.
Cons: no healthcare, totally unpredictable schedule.
Sorted and unloaded freight (hyster-trained). Moved products to aisles, unboxed and stocked products. Placed empty boxes in crusher. Operated handheld device for replenishment scans, price changes, backstock and inventory maintenance. Worked all shifts and clocked in and out - on time. Had no control over work schedule, but enjoyed my department manager – more... and work team. – less
Fast paced retail environment
Ready to Wear Lead (Former Employee), Spokane, WAJune 23, 2014
Pros: great coworkers
Cons: upper level management was lacking
Fred Meyer took very good care of me and my family. I found opportunities for advancement within the company and found it to be a both rewarding and challenging position.
Okay
Grocery Order Clerk (Former Employee), Redmond, ORJune 19, 2014
Management is horrible, co-workers are great, benefits are good
Cashier
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee), Beaverton, ORJune 19, 2014
Pros: okay pay, union backed
Cons: rude customers, poorly managed.
Long hours standing in one spot, cashiering and bagging groceries, customers were often rude. Coworkers are open about not wanting to be there.
Overall a good place to work.
cashier/customer service (Former Employee), Everett, Wa.June 16, 2014
Pros: compensation and benefits if you were a full time employee
Cons: short breaks, scheduling, days off were mostly split up
A typical day at work was one without incidence. You begin to recognize your customers and exchange pleasant conversations, I learned patience. I learned how to strive to better myself. I learned how to discuss situations with management. I had good co-workers. We all were able to ask one another for help. We worked together. The part of the job I enjoyed – more... the most was the inner-action between myself and the customers. I learned a lot of different things just from conversation. You can tell a lot about a person just from the things they purchase. – less
Great place to work!
Shoe Lead (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKJune 16, 2014
A typical day at work would be, bringing products out from the backroom, putting up displays, ensure that products are in the right place. Be positive when assisting customers, Knowledge of products, etc. Also had a strong support team. Got along with all of my co-workers.

1 2 3 4 5

About Fred Meyer

Fred Meyer Stores went out for groceries and wound up in Kroger's cart. Freddy's -- as the chain is known -- is a supercenter – Read more

Fred Meyer Photos