Freddie Mac Employee Reviews

Awesome
Default Expense Analyst (Current Employee), McLean, VAJune 28, 2015
Freddie Mac is a well diverse company to work for. The culture is great. CEO is a firm believer of work/balance life style. The company allows parents to bring their kids to work.
fun people, very involved community, but some are very political
Desktop support intern (Current Employee), McLean, VAJune 24, 2015
Pros: the culture, the people, diversity, and the environment
Cons: political managers
A typical day at Freddie Mac would be me coming in, and checking my que for tickets. In order to complete the tickets we use remedy ITSM version 8.1 and Service Now. While at Freddie Mac I learned how to Configure users accounts using Active Directory, Microsoft Outlook, and Lotus Notes. I also help with new hire by provisioning of accounts and equipment responsible for the on boarding process. My co workers are very helpful and supportive when it comes to working with me. The management in my department is very "political" and straight forward. The hardest part of the job is time management because I can have many different task, but i enjoy working with different people of different ethnicity's.
Good firm
Information Security Analyst (Former Employee), VirginiaJune 22, 2015
Good work environment, learn a lot on the job, management is in tune with employees, great co-workers, requires lots of focus and attention to fine details, opportunity to grow
A good place to work
Technical Lead (Current Employee), Mclean VirginiaJune 5, 2015
Pros: Plan the day
Cons: Learn from the technical counterparts
A typical day at work starts with a scrum call and giving an update of what happened,what we do today and what we plan to do.
Productive professional place to work
(FHLMC)-Contractor (Current Employee), McLean, VAJune 5, 2015
My experience working for Freddie Mac is fantastic. Freddie Mac is a company I have always wanted to work for. My time was only for a year as a contractor, but was asked to stay a little longer due to my work ethic and the ability to accurately make strong decisions.
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Washington, DCJune 5, 2015
Freddie Mac is a wonderful place to work; it has a wonderful culture, and great all around. The balance between work and life.
Proactive, Diligent and trustworthy. Work individually as well as in groups. Easy to work with
Senior Consultant (Current Employee), McleanJune 2, 2015
Develop the test strategy/plan.
Understand the testing effort by analyzing the requirements of project
Provide Testing LOE's.
Ensure content and structure of all Testing documents / artifacts is documented and maintained.
Preparation of RTM, Test data and test cases.
Execute the test cases.
Open defects if any and validate and close the released defects.
Send daily execution status.
Attend daily scrum meetings, Sprint Planning meeting, Defects prioritization meeting.
Attend the regular client call.
Act as the single point of contact between Development and Testers
Business Analyst
Senior Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee), McLean, VAJune 1, 2015
Awesome place to work. I really enjoyed working here.

Corporate Data Warehouse (CDW) is a corporate repository that makes accessible historical and current business relevant data as of the prior business day.

The CDW's primary purpose is to centralize corporate data from disparate data sources residing within Freddie Mac's transaction processing and end-user systems into one relational database for decision support, management reporting, ad-hoc and trend analysis, modeling and data mining purposes.

Project scope involves using CDW data as proxy and building a new application called Loan Coverage Advisor (LCVA) which tracks all risk sharing instruments like seller and servicer representations and warranties
Productive.
REO Title Specialist/MFH Specialist (Former Employee), Carrollton, TXMay 25, 2015
Enjoy the diverse atmosphere. The people are cool to work with on a daily basis. I would recommend people to this company. Very nice employer.
Excellent employer
Remedy Analyst (Former Employee), Mclean, VAMay 6, 2015
Pros: A great working environment
Cons: The commute was long.
Freddie Mac was truly a great place to work. I was a contractor there for the past 2 years and was not eligible for their benefits, however the company has several perks including tuition reimbursement and first time home buyer programs. I worked on a project to identifying and validating Servicer defects with their non performing loans. The best part of the job was the people. Again truly a great place to work.
Productive Enviorment
File Management Consultant (Former Employee), McLean, VAMay 5, 2015
Pros: Great food. Nice people.
Cons: N/A
Great people that I worked with when it came to me looking forward to coming to work. My team was very welcoming from the beginning.
Manager/ Mentor was very helpful and great on feedback to make me better.
Excellent work environment
Business Analysis Manager (Former Employee), McLean, VirginiaMay 4, 2015
Pros: Beautiful campus, onsite wellness and fitness centers.
Cons: Traffic
Freddie Mac has so much to offer. Great benefits and pay, opportunities for advancement, and flexible work arrangements.
Good company to work for.
Business Analyst (Current Employee), McLean, VAApril 30, 2015
Its good company to work for depends on which department you work for. benefits and flexible schedules are really good things to look for. it has a great cafeteria too.
Great Place to Work
Loss Mitigation Specialist (Current Employee), McLean, VAApril 30, 2015
Pros: Everything you need in one place
Cons: Traffice getting there is bad
Productive and a fun place to work. Traffic coming from Maryland can be a little dicey. Overall very corporate and a nice place to work.
Agile Teams
Project Manager (Current Employee), McLean, VAApril 29, 2015
Agile teams are fun to work with and enhances life experiences if applied to personal life.
It was a good experience to work in Agile team and a competitive environment.
A great place to get your foot in the door but don't get stuck here.
Default servicing specialist / Mortgage examiner (Former Employee), Tysons Corner, VAApril 8, 2015
Like all mortgage/financial industry positions training is usually very poor. This position was no different. Supervisor worked from Texas while 80% of her team worked in Tysons Corner office and she was very insecure about this. She slowly implemented micro managerial tactics to know what and where we were at all times, even a daily log of how many loans we reviewed a day was sent out to the team. The plus side is the stress level is very low and the cafeteria is AMAZING! Imagine like all the options in a mall cafeteria. And a reasonable price. Down side is all the full time workers can work from home 2 times a week but contract workers can't.
Relaxed But Busy Workplace
Information Security Associate (Current Employee), McLean, VAApril 1, 2015
Pros: Great Work Enviroment, outgoing co-workers, relaxed work enviroment
Cons: Promotion is heard to come by, Upper Management issues
Freddie Mac (FM) is very lenient about work hours and flexibility. I would arrive at 7:30 AM for work, but most come in around 9 AM. First part of the day is a mix of answering emails and meetings and then would head to lunch. Lucnch could be anywhere up to 45 mins and then returned to work area for more meetings until leaving for the day at 3:30. The most enjoyable part of the day is talking with co-workers as a lot of good people work at this company. Very friendly and out going and will help you when you need it. Hardest part of the job is being stuck in meetings when you could be doing work.
ETL DataStage Developer (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHMarch 31, 2015
good place to learn; friendly management; challenging job; good perks; helping to co-workers;the most enjoyable part of the job
Financial Analysis in Operations Environment
Clearance/Settlement/Transaction Mgmt Senior; (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 24, 2015
Trade clearance, settlement and maintenance.
Changing environment and pressures.
Excellent work life balance
Great people
Freddie Mac
Operational Risk Management Specialist (Former Employee), McLean, VAMarch 23, 2015
I haven't worked at Freddie for a number of years, but remember the culture, the people and the working environment being top notch.r

1 2 3 4 5