Freddy's Frozen Custard

Freddy's Frozen Custard Employer Reviews

Great Place to work
General Manager (Former Employee), Springfield, MOJuly 29, 2014
It is a great place to grow and develop. if you are looking for a company that is growing and developing then this is it.
Great food, great service with a loyal fan base.
General Manager (Current Employee), Goodyear, AZJuly 28, 2014
Freddy's is a fun atmosphere with very friendly regular guests. The concept is on the rise and growing nation wide.
great place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), derby kansasJuly 27, 2014
waiting on guest, running cashier, making custard, working drive thru
Productive and Fun
Greeter/Cashier (Former Employee), Gilbert, AZJuly 14, 2014
Pros: 50% off food when worked, nice co-workers and management
Cons: sometimes you're worked long hours with a 30 min or no break, low pay, not enough workers, sometimes very slow
Freddy's is overall a fun place to work. Freddy's was my first job, got treated well for the most part. It's the perfect job if you are in high school or college. They are very flexible with your hours.
Productive and fun workplace working towards customer satisfaction
Cold Line Crew Member and Trainer (Former Employee), Saint Peters, MOJune 22, 2014
Pros: lunch breaks, promotions, fun co-workers
Cons: low pay, no benefits
A typical day at work revolves around customer service and customer satisfaction. I am in charge of opening up the store, taking care of inventory, serving customers, training new-hires, taking phone calls, and maintaining the store. I've learned a lot of pleasing customers and doing everything in my power to satisfy them. I've learned good work ethic, – more... organization, and time management skills. My co-workers ended up being my best friends. We worked together as a team on every task and we all worked hard to satisfy our goals.The hardest part of my job was fulfilling multiple duties in a short span of time. However, if you set your mind to it, you can achieve it. The most enjoyable part of my job was serving my customers and putting a smile on their faces. – less
FUn but not worth the gas money
food prep, utility, dishwasher, Line Cook (Former Employee), Rogers, ARJune 12, 2014
Pros: half off food
Cons: shortbreaks, no health beneifts
Manger was new to managing , worked for low income, not enough hours (Only got 14 hours a month after resrtraunt started losing business)
Up-and-Comer
Supervisor (Current Employee), Euless, TXJune 4, 2014
Pros: free management meals, upper management has your back through and through, early close on christmas eve, closed on christmas, early close on the fourth of july. really good burgers
Cons: because my store is a franchise, the benefits are non-existent.
Freddy's is an up and coming brand based in Wichita, KS. It was founded by Freddy, a World War II veteran and so military discounts are higher than the industry norm and we close early on the Fourth of July. Not to mention we also close early on Christmas Eve and the store is closed on Christmas.

A typical day as a manager includes leading your daily/nightly – more... team of 6-8 staff through the busy periods and lulls expected from an upper class fast food establishment. Some micro-managing usually happens when upper management is present but that's to be expected. My store is a franchise so you will often see the owner on property who is a great guy and has his management teams best interest in mind.

I love my staff and I'm there for them 110% when I'm working.

The most challenging part of my job is having to effectively manage so many different personalities. It's a challenge but it is also immensely rewarding.

The most enjoyable part of my job is keeping my staff smiling and in good spirits, which I seem to be good at. – less
great place to be
Manager (Current Employee), Bryan, TXMay 20, 2014
Great environment, love everyone that works for the company. a great company to work for.
Great atmosphere to work in
Team Member (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 29, 2014
Pros: gained job experience, food discounts
Cons: very short breaks, didnt work with schedules for school kids
I learned ALOT of stuff while I was there and even bettered some of my math and communication skills. Management was amazing treated every one of the workers with respect. My co-workers were such an amazing group of people everyone helped everyone we all got along. By far the most enjoyable part of the job was communicating with all the guests I met – more... some amazing people while I was there. – less
Fast paced and fun environment to work in
General Manager (Former Employee), Springfield, ILApril 17, 2014
My typical day at work consisted of setting up the store for the day. That included sanitizing the custard machine, checking the night before's paperwork, counting the safe, and making sure that there was adequate staff scheduled for the day.
loved my job
Crew Member (Former Employee), Junction City, KSApril 14, 2014
Pros: great management and staff
Cons: hours being cut
loved this job just couldn't stay due to having to relocate for my safety from my ex husband. management was always there to answer questions or help when needed. down fall was there was always need people being hired so hours were getting cut on everybody. loved working with the staff.
Decent job, typical fast food restaurant
Trainer (Former Employee), Owasso, OKApril 13, 2014
Pros: 50% discount for employees, 25% friends/family, ability to move up
Cons: stuck-up management
When I first started I absolutely loved this job. All of my coworkers were great, managers were usually upbeat, and it was fast-paced environment. After the newness wore off, I realized that Freddy's as a whole was a bit pretentious by calling themselves a 'fast casual, 4-star restaurant.' Please. It's fast food.
Quick Service restaurant focused on guest service, hospitality, cleanliness, and quality.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Aurora, COApril 3, 2014
Freddys is a great place to work especially for new managers. I have years of experience so landing this job was fairly easy. They are growing quickly.
Poor
Cook (Former Employee), Springfield, MOFebruary 6, 2014
Freddys is a fast food restaurant trying to be a fast casual, management is terrible and they will fire you on the spot, even if you are at the busy part of a day.
Cool co workers to work with but bad management
Cook (Current Employee), Muskogee, OKJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: discounted lunches
Cons: sometime do not get any breaks
I really like working there cool place to work and all but the management is really bad here in muskogee
Fun
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 26, 2014
First job during high school it was fun and well organized also my coworkers were great all smiles
Freddys Fabulous
Cashier (Current Employee), Wichita, KSJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: advancement opportunities, upkeep on store items and mechanics
Cons: hiring techniques, training techniques
I love this job overall its been one of my best jobs management wise and the company definitely takes care of their employees.
I work 50 + hours a week, I manage all our operations, cost of goods and controllables, and manage a full restaurant staff.
General Manager (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, CODecember 28, 2013
Pros: meeting new guests everyday, building personal relationships with my staff, constant learning and growing, and a wonderful environment to be a part of.
Cons: short breaks, slower volume hours, and we are in a bad location for business.
I work day consists of dealing with all the money/bank runs drawer counts, petty counts, and so on. I manage all our inventory, take care of ordering, scheduling, cost of good, controllable's, and building maintenance. I have learned to maintain a great labor percentage line, quality control, staffing accordingly, building maintenance, operations, and – more... all about our P&L. I have a great staff, I have managed to push them to the best they can be by using positive reinforcement, intensives, and open arms. They have all learned to go above and beyond making sure every guest that walks through our doors has the best experience. The hardest part of my job was maintaining a good labor line and cost of goods with a lower volume store. However with perseverance and hard work I have been able to get my numbers where they need to and right with the numbers of our higher volume stores. The thing I enjoy most about my job is the fast paced, high intensity, and that the food industry is my passion, so coming to work everyday is a blessing and fun. – less
Managed high school kids
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Frisco, TXDecember 18, 2013
Pros: gained manager experience
Cons: had to strong of a corporate feel
It was a crazy environment trying to manage high school kids but I was promoted very quickly and hired on as the highest paid manager in the area. I was then quickly promoted to marketing manager for all three accounts in the area.
A great first job as well as career opportunity. Positive Atmosphere, Detailed Training and Communication
Supervising Manager (Former Employee), El Dorado, KSDecember 4, 2013
Pros: company discounts, health insurance, advancement opportunities, it allowed me to both involve charisma and work ethic together
Cons: monotonous, seeming gain due to personal relationships
After being trained and bettering my skills at the job I could expect an efficient crew to work with and great memories to be made at any time. This job taught me that being assertive and goal oriented mixed with a positive attitude leads to advancement and promotion within the company. Hard work was noticed and noted from all of my bosses throughout. – more... That shows that they're ability to choose their leaders and push people that have the skills and want to develop and refine them. The only part I disliked consistently about the job was getting scheduled for and having to work evenings more often than other managers. The best attribute of the job was simply learning that chances are made available to progress if you're willing to work hard and maintain a positive attitude. – less

1 2 3

About Freddy's Frozen Custard

Freddy's savory steakburger is inspired by the 50's style staple and reminiscent of an era focused on quality, cooked-to-order – Read more

Freddy's Frozen Custard Photos