Freddy Frozen Custard & Steakburgers

Freddy Frozen Custard & Steakburgers Employee Reviews

Not a fun place to work
cashier (Former Employee), Killeen, TXAugust 25, 2015
Very poor leadership in upper management, do not take problems seriously. They tell you one thing and do the total opposite. Would never recommend anyone work for the company the management company that runs some locations is horrible.
Great part-time job with minimal opportunities
Cook (Former Employee), New Braunfels, TXAugust 23, 2015
Pros: Fellow Employees, Discounted/Free meals
Cons: Low pay, stress, minimal opportunity for advancement
An ordinary day at this place of employment consisted of prep work with items needed for the day. Prep work included cutting vegetables, turning on equipment, cleaning the store, and getting any other needed items set up and ready in there designated area. The rest of the day was a simple matter of preparing customers orders and keeping everything stocked and ready to be used. A truck arrived weekly and employees were chosen to unload it. This job was fast paced and required much skill with all kitchen equipment: grills, fryers, window station, utensils and the washer. Freddy's Custard had a very laid back and inviting workforce but at the detriment of a solid management team. The job was only difficult on highly busy days, which can be guaranteed on the weekends. These days REQUIRED a learned type of work ethic that included an extreme pace without losing the quality of what was being prepared. This job was enjoyable because of the staff. The people who work for Freddy's are very friendly and easy to communicate with. Also, the job of a cook can be very enjoyable once you become well versed with your duties.
Growing fast-food restaurant with family friendly atmosphere
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSAugust 14, 2015
Pros: Free lunch, decent money, eligible for benefits
Cons: short breaks, long drive, no work-life balence
Fun workplace environment with a feel-good atmosphere the minute you walk in the door. Fast-casual dining experience allows guests to enjoy a meal without the "fast food" environment. Freddy's prefers to get your food out correctly, rather than quickly, while still maintaining a lower ticket time than the average fast food restaurant. Decent benefits if you are able to work your way to the top.
Horrible place to work
Manager (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAAugust 10, 2015
Pros: Free food
Cons: No breaks, No overtime pay for management, high expectations for little compensation
Owners and upper management will cut any corner to save money. They will throw you under to save themselves. Completely disorganized no job security what so ever. Salary is extremely low for the upper management positions. All together this is a misrable work environment.
terrible
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 30, 2015
Pros: custard
Cons: salary, and benifits
This is a great place for someone who is just starting out in their management career. The franchisee cuts corners and then uses those corners against you. They do not set you up for success and will not develop you.
Did not receive what was promised after a year because they had finance issues
Manager (Current Employee), Tucson, AZJuly 18, 2015
Pros: Meeting people and making them happy
Cons: Freddy's did not hold up to their word on bonuses and medical
review stats from the day before and/or the week. Count drawers assign registers, check perimeter of the building, create prep list, assign stations on board, Learned CTUIT. Management needed more experience in Food Industry. Co-workers very young and inexperienced. The hardest part was training employees who were there for just a check. The most enjoyable was when we handled our busiest rushes without any issues.
Not a great place to work, overall very disorganized
COOK (Former Employee), Ocala,FlJuly 11, 2015
Pros: 50% employee discount on the great food there
Cons: Cons listed above
Since it is a brand new store, everyone is not used to each other and we would always stress each other out. I have a feeling it will get better over time but I would say working at fast food is not my cup of tea. Cons: The managers there say everyone 18 and up aren't supposed to get breaks but we do sometimes, adults get 15 minutes, minors get 30, Work schedule is very random, you get an app called when I work on your phone or on your computer and that tells you when you are supposed to report to the restaurant, You dont get much hours, what little hours you do get they let you off early, high stress environment for very little pay
Good job culture, managment is too personal
Kitchen Supervisor (Former Employee), San Tan Valley, AZJuly 10, 2015
Depending on the time I would either prep the store for opening or would work on the line making food.
Management lacks some professionalism when it comes to their employees.
This was my first management job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Hutchinson, KSJune 30, 2015
Pros: people, free lunch, breaks, vacation time for managers.
Cons: hours, cuts during slow months, benefits
started out as a cook then became a manager after three years, not the greatest job but had lots of fun and learned a lot about dealing with customers and employees. most days its like being in a zone getting the job done cooking is easy.
I loved the work, not the people I worked with.
New Hire Trainer/Cashier (Current Employee), Stillwater, OKJune 13, 2015
Pros: Lots of hours, great pay, awesome customer, traveling
Cons: The Management
While I loved working with firearms, and it was awesome being able to manage the store, run inventory, back ground checks, maintain the book work, and gain social relationships with reoccurring customers, the management was useless. The owners were drunks, overdramatic, and they spent more time worrying about drama than they did worrying about making any kind of profit or building relationships with customers to keep them coming back.
awesome way to earn easy money
Crew Member/Cashier (Current Employee), selma texasMay 26, 2015
Pros: they work with your shifts
Cons: the pay
working at freddys is great, prior to me only being there for a short amount of months. A day at work is super fun and easy managers are there to help you succeed not to fail.
Great atmosphere
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 16, 2015
Pros: Free lunch for doubles, great discounts and off days.
Good people, great pay and great guest. I enjoyed working there even though I was having a rough time in my personal life. They're very understanding and supportive. The guest are really put first no matter what.
Fun, fast paced, family style workplace
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Euless, TXMay 9, 2015
Pros: good discounts and awesome managers
Cons: benefits and staff shortage
I really enjoyed working there, everyday I loved coming into work. I learned how to better myself and my life even with the most simple things. I also learned how to adapt to new changes to everything. The management there are the best managers I know. They are fun and they are there for you when you need them. The work crew including the managers is like one big family. Everyone fits in there. The hardest thing about that job is honestly just showing up, as long as you show up you will have fun. the most enjoyable part of this job was a great work environment to work in.
Fast pace and fun
Cashier (Former Employee), San Antonio, TexasMay 9, 2015
Pros: 45 minute breaks
Cons: N/A
A typical day at work consist of helping customers enjoy their meal experience. I learned how to multitask efficiently and the managerial staff is great. My co-workers were wonderful the hardest part of the job is the lunch rush the most enjoyable part of the job is seeing happy customers.
productive place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Garden City, KSApril 22, 2015
Pros: Discount on food
Cons: pay
I enjoyed working there, I learned better communication skills. management could have been better. Co-workers were great. Hardest part of job was preparing shakes.
fun
Cold Line (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSApril 21, 2015
Pros: friendly, fun, clean
I had fun working at Freddy's due to its friendly environment and people that worked there. The average day was working at the casheer, cleaning the floor, working with the frozen custard and some times working at the drive through window. I was able to treat my work seriously while also having fun and socializing with my peers and management.
Needs work/Freddy's Frozen Custard
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee), Junction City, KsMarch 18, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: indecisive boss
The upper management and CEO's for the company are wonderful. The vision and ideals they share for the companies they represent are perfect. The Senior G.M. for this particular establishment created a harsh environment,that lacked culture or direction. However,upper management worked with the restaurant to resolve this issue. I learned a new system for inventory that was more intricate and detailed than I have seen in the past.The hardest part of the job was the lack of being assertive in decisions by my direct manager. I loved the job because of the guest services I was able to render and the staff I worked with.
Good Part time job
Trainer (Former Employee), Stillwater OKMarch 11, 2015
Pros: some free meals
Had a great time working here, people my own age, and a good manager made this restaurant a good place to work. The new store aspect allowed me to get raises and upper positions within my store.
exciting work place
Cashier/Sales (Current Employee), Nampa, IDFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: never a dull moment. lots of friendly people.
Cons: dealing with rude guests.
freddys is always filled with many guests who range from younger to old. on a typical day i will clock in, manage the register, assist the guests with their problems. clean tables, make frozen treats. make sure the bathroom are kept clean. stocking up the condiments.
Awesome
Cashier/Food Prep (Former Employee), Enid, OKJanuary 22, 2015
I really enjoyed working a Long Jonh Silvers in Ponca City, Ok. I worked there for 3 months before I gave birth to my child. They worked with me on my schedule and gave me plenty of hours. I worked as a prep cook and cashier. I got along with all the other employees.
Industry