Freddy Frozen Custard & Steakburgers

Freddy Frozen Custard & Steakburgers Employee Reviews

Understaffed, Underpaid and Untrustworthy
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Edmond, OKDecember 8, 2016
Managers are incompetent and mostly hand out free food to fix most if not all problems, rather than actually address the issue. Working hard to get better raises is an understatement as well. The best way to get a raise there that was good was threatening to quit or making a deal with GM. Most days on the job required you to fill 1-3 positions if someone called out which usually happens on the night shift, while day shifts saw no change as you do the same thing everyday with no change. Even getting fired was hard as you would have to really suck at the job and call in multiple times to finally be fired. GM would constantly change schedule suddenly and lie about it
Pros
Ask for a promotion and they'll give you it
Cons
Untrustworthy GM, Incompetent Managers, Constant Scheduling Changes, Underpaid, Long hours
It absolutely sucks
Cashier/Stocker (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 24, 2016
Freddy's is not lenient, they are not kind, they are not fun. Now I know most jobs, especially fast-food and retail aren't generally fun, but this is definitely worse than one would think. Freddy's is terrible at communication, their training process sucks, and the management overall sucks and they're always quite rude or always gossiping about something. They cover quite a number of topics such as the stupidity of religion and politics, neither of which I think should even be discussed in a workplace. The "higher" employees are all mean and nobody looks like they're having fun.

You have to take written tests and pass all the training courses and if you don't you're fired.
I hate my job and it adds way too much stress in my life.

I don't actually get 50% off my meal, they give me 25% usually and I only get that discount it I got a break from my shift, which I usually don't.
Pros
50% off meals
Cons
A good job for quick, dirty cash.
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 13, 2016
This is a great place if you're looking for a job that provides quick, dirty cash as a high school or college student. A typical fast-food joint, so fast-paced and stressful rushes are the norm. Willing to work around personal schedule if you communicate and raises are an option if one works hard enough. My only complaint is that a good chunk of the employees at this particular location are not exactly the best influence on others: heavy drug users/drinkers (occasionally under the influence while working), teenage parents, high school dropouts and even ex-prisoners. Not trying to sound mean, but if you are looking for an environment where you can grow in a professional manner, this may not be the ideal location for you.
Pros
Flexible schedule, raises are an option.
Cons
Co-workers not the best influence on others.
Productive and fun workplace
Cook (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 20, 2016
A typical day at work is a really good place to work at. I learned how to do everything. Management is very good at their job. My co-workers are very respectful.
Pros
managers are very respectful
Cons
no insurance and no benefits
stressful place when the employees and managers are having a bad day
Cook (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 2, 2016
I would clock in and grab my apron tie it around my waist. Then I would wash my hands and get on the line. Most orders come and go pretty quickly and when the store is not rushed (have very few customers) i would check with a manager and then work on my chore of the day, which was usually cleaning the walls. After I clean the walls I help out on the line. If a coworker is having a bad day it tends to be pretty stressful because the don't listen when I am trying to get orders out. I get my break, which if it is a busy day, then my break is shortened. Usually it was pretty good for the rest of the day unless if it was a saturday, because then there was this one employee who always had to leave and I would be told to stay and close while he got to go home early. It wasn't something I liked but I got over it. My favorite part of the work day would be when I got to see that we (the team) had made the customer's day.
Pros
1/2 off food and free drinks
Cons
short breaks, never got a raise, and for 6 months was never able to got to a different station (stayed at the fry station)
Worst management of any food industry job
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  OhioJanuary 7, 2017
This company has the worst management team ive ever worked for, they promise you a management in training position only to later find out they hired you as crew and no chance to move up for 90 days while they hire managers from other companies right in front of you, along with promising you a full time job with full time hours and then cut your hours so they can hire high school kids to work 1 day a week at a lower wage. Management also cant keep people on task so you have to constantly switch positions while people talk and play on phones and get away with it. Mostly it seems like all these peopleare rejects that have been brought over from steak and shake who couldnt do their job at steak and shake. Run as fast as you can from this company because they just lie to you and you wont make full time hours unless you cover other peoples shifts and work 7 days a week.
Pros
Cons
Lying management team.
Muti-tasked Manager
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 21, 2016
I work hard everyday to achieve all that I can and try to do better everyday. I am always busy not matter what time of day it is. I've learned to have patience when it comes to working in the food industry. I've learned that I am a great leader and work very well with a team and work excellent with my management team. Communication is my best key to achieving and completing goals. The hardest part of the job is what each individual thinks is going to be hard, for me there isn't anything that is to hard because when you work as a team you can conquer anything together. Bringing happy guests back to the store because the love the experience they receive and having a happy staff working for you.
Selfish Management
FOH/BOH Trainer (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 12, 2016
I absolutely love the atmosphere at Freddy's as well as the job at hand. I always felt like it was a simple job for a fair amount of money. However, what i do not like about this job is Management is only there for themselves and to make money with no regard to the employees. also the procedure change so frequently that its hard to know right from wrong, and you actually get reprimanded for following what you thought were correct procedures. They will ask you to fix one thing and once you fix it in the next breath say that what you're doing is incorrect.
A good high school job doesn't mean it was a good job.
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 2, 2017
When I say the only redeeming thing about this job was the people, I mean it. My coworkers and most of those in authority positions were great company. They made the crazy rushes and the long closes bearable. The GM, however, was a different story. A good manager doesn't change the schedule when an employee has asked for the day off for her anniversary and the schedule has already been changed accordingly, without explanation. A good manager doesn't keep people employed who skip 9 shifts in a row. A good manager will help/lead employees through a crisis rather than watching and yelling. This manager did all of these things. Through it all, I displayed nothing but respect for the manager and the whole thing was a good professional experience. It certainly kept me humble and taught me to be level-headed in the midst of some, ah, interesting situations.
Pros
Awesome Coworkers
Cons
Everything else.
Fun but slightly dysfunctional
Coldline (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 30, 2016
Freddys is a fun, fast-paced working environment which requires every employee to start off on either Coldline (Lobby, Custard, Cashier and Drive Thru) or Hotline (grilling, frying etc.) The company highly values its customers and my coworkers/ management are very friendly. The main downfall of this job is an overall lack of functionality. I cannot count the number of times I've gone to work to discover that we ran out of a vital part of our restaurant such as: our signature fry sauce, ketchup, milk, malt syrup, containers for fry sauce/ketchup etc. In addition, my restaurant has become severely understaffed causing our General Manager to milk out as many hours as possible from the staff and disregard their availability. Breaks are also extremely limited (only 15 minutes if you work 5.5 hours or more, 30 minutes if you work 11 or more hours). Despite these problems, I thoroughly enjoy working with the staff and guests at Freddys and believe that my location will eventually work through our problems.
Pros
50% off of food, fast-paced, friendly staff
Cons
Short breaks, understocked, understaffed
Not so fun
Cook (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 13, 2016
it was okay working here but it was my first job and i did well it was just my co-workers that didn't really like me and verbally harassed me and one of my co-workers threatened to fight me after work for making one mistake but i did like my first job even though my co-workers were mean to me. I told my managers about the harassment and they did nothing even when it continued.
Pros
free drinks
Cons
no breaks part-time, bad management
Crowded
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNDecember 3, 2016
It was either to many people or too less of people. There was a bit of confusion as to where everything was. They also continuously ran out of important supplies like cups and buns.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Short breaks work long hours
Management is great if you are a favorite
Cook (Former Employee) –  Springfield MissouriJanuary 4, 2017
Nothing bad to say other than management picks favorites and if you aren't a favorite you don't get hours A typical day at work is fast pace you can get frustrated but if your good at what you do you won't have a problem
Pros
Great people always fun
Cons
Management and if your a person who likes breaks don't apply
Good job enviornment
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Euless, TXOctober 24, 2016
Dealing with the front end of the store, cleaned store and dishes, while also dealing with customer service and cash till logs with cashier duties. Management sucks but the supervisor has since left after I was already gone.
Pros
Not that stressful, great food
Cons
Not much room to move up
A handbasket
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMay 29, 2016
The store is going through a lot of changes due to continuous change in management for the last year however an overall fun place to work. Everyone cares about each other like a family and although they do want to be home when they are work they show that there is no where else they would rather be. Do watch out as there is one gentleman who if he doesn't like you it won't be long before you are gone, proven 6 times. The management team is told to stand around and only help when absolutely needed but that won't stop them from cutting your shift the second that labor starts to climb. All about the bottom dollar. Upper-management comes to visit often but is a dream send.
Pros
Familial, energized, caring
Cons
No free lunches, hours often cut, unorganized management, management told to not work
Very fun place to work for!!
Crew Member/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Shiloh, ILDecember 19, 2016
A typical day at Freddy's is like any other day. I've learned that you should serve a guest with respect. Treat the guest as if its family. My co-workers all get along well and we work as a family not a team. There is no hard parts at Freddy's everything is straight forward and to the point. The most enjoyable about the job is EVERYTHING Freddy's have to offer!
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Pay is every 2 weeks
First Job
Cook (Former Employee) –  Avondale, AZJune 6, 2016
I made and prepared everything that went onto a meal. Patties, buns, and everything in the fryer. I've learned a lot about food and hot to cook them and learned even more about the guest and how you should handle situation. The managers where great but the management was a little poor. Co-workers for the most part did what they were supposed to do. Every once in a while I would have to out them in line for them to help. The hardest part of the day was the rush, you have so many orders to do in a little amount of time. But the most enjoyable part was you can talk and have fun with your co-workers as long as you are doing your job.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Managment and rush hour
Run, run fast!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCOctober 20, 2016
Working for Freddys started out to be a good place to work but things changed so quickly. They do not train you properly and then expect you to do the job correctly. It's a live circus in everyone of their restaurants here in NC. They talk a good game but that's all it really is to them. They are a franchise to Freddys so the company is HCI...
Pros
Regular guest and coworkers
Cons
No leadership from upper level, unprofessional
Gave me more work experience
Cashier/Cook (Current Employee) –  Catoosa, OKDecember 24, 2016
It's multitask job I make a list what food products we have on hand and make a list of what need to be prepared and how much. I put boxes away in order on shelves lifting is required so weighing 50 pounds I also label as well and date items. The crew depends on me to make sure they have enough food and necessary for the day .
Pros
starting to learn magment skills
Cons
no benfits
Fine
Cook (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXSeptember 16, 2016
Bad management good people fun place to work but not the best bad rewards for workers who do the most in good hours lousy pay the harder you work the less reward you get

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Freddy Frozen Custard & Steakburgers. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8