Freddy Frozen Custard & Steakburgers Employee Reviews

It was fun for a little while.
Cashier/ Trainer (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZAugust 19, 2017
As some managers left to other stores and hired new managers, the management system plummeted, dragging down with it, the fun atmosphere. It was a good job to gain experience from, but not to stay.
Pros
Discount on food.
Cons
Poor management, poorly distributed hours.
Great Opportunity
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Eagle, IDAugust 14, 2017
This was a really fun job. I had opportunity to advance to a management position within a year of starting, which was really cool! Working with guests was the best part of this job, as we get a lot of cool people that come in. It can be a very fast paced job, but in the end, it is pretty rewarding! I learned a lot through this job and I believe it'll help me get a long way in life.
Pleasent experience
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 14, 2017
Good work environment. Employees there are friendly I was there for a year and a couple of months. Over all the experience was pleasent. My pay per hour wasn't good though.
Pros
50 percent off meal
Cons
Childish GM
I didnt like it here
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 13, 2017
The management was all over the place & had drama. The hours were fixed & they weren't very flexible with their hours. The discounts barely made a difference with their prices.
Very productive and fast paced
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 12, 2017
Freddy's Frozen Custard & Steakburgers is a very exciting and encouraging restaurant to dine and to work at. It is face paced, challenging, and amazingly orderly.
Pros
Discounted lunches
Cons
Short breaks
It wasn't the best
Cook (Former Employee) –  Selma, TXAugust 12, 2017
Just a basic high school job with very interesting characters. I didn't like the job, but it's an alright job if you need one. Just be ready to learn the menu to stay ahead of the orders.
Absolutely wonderful place to work for yound adults.
Store Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZ then Tempe, AZAugust 11, 2017
•They hold their value high and build strong work ethic for the young community.
•AMAZING management who care for their employees, and actually invests in growth with the company.

Freddy's was my first job at 16 years old. It's amazing looking back on my experience, and realizing how many skills, capabilities, and culture that was obtained through my 5.5 years working here. Corporate is very involved, and holds true value to the name. Freddy's will always have a little piece of my heart, and a big place on my resume. I am so proud to have started as a little scared "cold-liner" and manifested over time into a confident store supervisor handling DSR, Cash counting, customer support/satisfaction, and keeping that Freddy's culture alive.

I highly suggest working here. ANYONE. The management will do anything in their power to prioritize any responsibilities you have outside of work, they actually WANT to see you grow in the company (and can potentially happen quickly). The greatest part about working at Freddy's Frozen Custard and Steakburger is becoming part of a family, who you will remember for the rest of your life.
Pros
Evrything
Cons
Average food, terrible management & work separation
Cold line (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COAugust 9, 2017
My experience with working at Freddy's was not enjoyably as I was hired full time and was lucky to get 8 hours a week. management was rood and mostly in the way as they found it acceptable to sit in the middle of a cramped work space and chat blocking and hindering employees from doing their jobs effectively.
Pros
discounts on food from Freddy's
Cons
breaks optional, rood management, insufficient hours
love working there
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZAugust 8, 2017
great place to work. Is one of the less stressful jobs I have ever had. It feels like a rel family environment. I would recommend this to anyone. The high management is always willing to help and cares about everyone.
Nice chain to work for
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYAugust 8, 2017
This chain is a good chain to work for because corporate is very helpful, the product is a very good product and with the right crew around you it is possible to succeed.
fun place to work depending on management
Interim General Manager/Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Mustang, OKAugust 3, 2017
fun fast paced environment .Biggest challenges are management staff. Very structured training for crew positions but management training (admin functions) too loosely structured
Pros
regular guests friendly enviornment great benefits
Cons
not the best monetary compensation
Fun filled but fast paced environment
Coldline (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAAugust 3, 2017
I had fun here. I loved working with everyone. I had plenty of training & if you made a mistake the managers took their time to help you fix it. Everyone talked with each other well to get things done. Though they did start cutting hours very quickly after a couple months so I quit.
sucks
Cold Line Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOAugust 2, 2017
too much is asked of certain employees. They make standards for one or two employees and if you are one of those employees you work as hard as two people making up for the people who do not have to help you work.
Pros
discounts
clean environment
Front of house trainer (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAAugust 2, 2017
new fast food place to GA, young supervisors, flexible schedules, competitive pay and raises are given as performance is seen to be improving, nice store manager
It's a Great Place to Work
Assistant/General Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 1, 2017
Freddy's is a great place to work. They are family oriented and work with your schedule. Padden is a wonderful boss, he really cares for his employees.
Productive and friendly work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCAugust 1, 2017
Freddie's was a good job, but the management didn't understand the balance between work life and personal life. The customers were friendly and mostly families came and ate there, I enjoyed the relationship with customers and workers that I made.
Pros
Good pay, good laughs, enjoyable work time
Cons
No free time
productive
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Loveland, CO 80538July 25, 2017
Great starter job, free shift meal and discounts when not on shift for friends and family. Well managed restaurant with quality food. Good staff and great possibility for advancement
Got free custard once a week.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Grand Island, NEJuly 22, 2017
Ir was great working at freddys. BOH employees got to use a huge grill to make food on for the customers. Ot was a very nice work vibe. Everyday my co-workers and I busted our bums to get everything dome on time to close. If we got done early, we got free custard.
Pros
75% off meals.
Cons
Short breaks.
Poor management
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 21, 2017
Poor upper management, no family time, job gets threatened almost daily, very unprofessional company to work for, district managers will instruct you to do something and then throw you under the bus saying they never told you to do that.
Pros
pay was alright
Cons
unprofessional workplace
Working for Freddy's was exhausting.
Trainer/Server (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSJuly 15, 2017
At Freddys I would typically work about 6-14 hours in a day. Most of the time when I worked a double shift I would only get about an hour break out of the whole day. Management made poor choices on hiring the people they hired. We as trainers have given many people extensive training because an employee could not do the job, therefore they were stuck to training lobby. My General Manager was cruel to many people calling them names and being hurtful. The hardest part of my job was working with the managers. The most enjoyable part of my job was the job itself.
Pros
25% or 50% discount
Cons
Managment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Freddy Frozen Custard & Steakburgers. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8