Freddy Frozen Custard & Steakburgers Employee Reviews in United States

A good job for quick, dirty cash.
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 13, 2016
This is a great place if you're looking for a job that provides quick, dirty cash as a high school or college student. A typical fast-food joint, so fast-paced and stressful rushes are the norm. Willing to work around personal schedule if you communicate and raises are an option if one works hard enough. My only complaint is that a good chunk of the employees at this particular location are not exactly the best influence on others: heavy drug users/drinkers (occasionally under the influence while working), teenage parents, high school dropouts and even ex-prisoners. Not trying to sound mean, but if you are looking for an environment where you can grow in a professional manner, this may not be the ideal location for you.
Pros
Flexible schedule, raises are an option.
Cons
Co-workers not the best influence on others.
stressful place when the employees and managers are having a bad day
Cook (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 2, 2016
I would clock in and grab my apron tie it around my waist. Then I would wash my hands and get on the line. Most orders come and go pretty quickly and when the store is not rushed (have very few customers) i would check with a manager and then work on my chore of the day, which was usually cleaning the walls. After I clean the walls I help out on the line. If a coworker is having a bad day it tends to be pretty stressful because the don't listen when I am trying to get orders out. I get my break, which if it is a busy day, then my break is shortened. Usually it was pretty good for the rest of the day unless if it was a saturday, because then there was this one employee who always had to leave and I would be told to stay and close while he got to go home early. It wasn't something I liked but I got over it. My favorite part of the work day would be when I got to see that we (the team) had made the customer's day.
Pros
1/2 off food and free drinks
Cons
short breaks, never got a raise, and for 6 months was never able to got to a different station (stayed at the fry station)
A handbasket
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMay 29, 2016
The store is going through a lot of changes due to continuous change in management for the last year however an overall fun place to work. Everyone cares about each other like a family and although they do want to be home when they are work they show that there is no where else they would rather be. Do watch out as there is one gentleman who if he doesn't like you it won't be long before you are gone, proven 6 times. The management team is told to stand around and only help when absolutely needed but that won't stop them from cutting your shift the second that labor starts to climb. All about the bottom dollar. Upper-management comes to visit often but is a dream send.
Pros
Familial, energized, caring
Cons
No free lunches, hours often cut, unorganized management, management told to not work
Muti-tasked Manager
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 21, 2016
I work hard everyday to achieve all that I can and try to do better everyday. I am always busy not matter what time of day it is. I've learned to have patience when it comes to working in the food industry. I've learned that I am a great leader and work very well with a team and work excellent with my management team. Communication is my best key to achieving and completing goals. The hardest part of the job is what each individual thinks is going to be hard, for me there isn't anything that is to hard because when you work as a team you can conquer anything together. Bringing happy guests back to the store because the love the experience they receive and having a happy staff working for you.
First Job
Cook (Former Employee) –  Avondale, AZJune 6, 2016
I made and prepared everything that went onto a meal. Patties, buns, and everything in the fryer. I've learned a lot about food and hot to cook them and learned even more about the guest and how you should handle situation. The managers where great but the management was a little poor. Co-workers for the most part did what they were supposed to do. Every once in a while I would have to out them in line for them to help. The hardest part of the day was the rush, you have so many orders to do in a little amount of time. But the most enjoyable part was you can talk and have fun with your co-workers as long as you are doing your job.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Managment and rush hour
Growing fast-food restaurant with family friendly atmosphere
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSAugust 14, 2015
Fun workplace environment with a feel-good atmosphere the minute you walk in the door. Fast-casual dining experience allows guests to enjoy a meal without the "fast food" environment. Freddy's prefers to get your food out correctly, rather than quickly, while still maintaining a lower ticket time than the average fast food restaurant. Decent benefits if you are able to work your way to the top.
Pros
Free lunch, decent money, eligible for benefits
Cons
short breaks, long drive, no work-life balence
Horrible place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAAugust 10, 2015
Owners and upper management will cut any corner to save money. They will throw you under to save themselves. Completely disorganized no job security what so ever. Salary is extremely low for the upper management positions. All together this is a misrable work environment.
Pros
Free food
Cons
No breaks, No overtime pay for management, high expectations for little compensation
A generally fun and productive experience.
Cook (Current Employee) –  Owasso, OKMarch 11, 2016
A typical day involves general procedures in the food industry, preparing food, handling transactions and money, and stocking/cleaning. I learned discipline and time management.
The management is very dedicated and is very involved with the crew, which are also very dedicated to the job. The hardest part is all the physical labor that comes with the job. But the fun part is the people I encounter and interact with.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Inconsistent hours
cook trainer
Crew Trainer (Former Employee) –  Ponca City, OKSeptember 17, 2015
they hired too many people and cut the hours of the people who had been there the longest to compensate for the new employee hours. The pay was minimum wage and to be cut from 30 hours a week to 15-20 hours a week was a big cut in my budget that I could not live on.
Pros
friendly co-workers
Cons
no breaks, hateful managers, no benifits
Fun, fast paced, family style workplace
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Euless, TXMay 9, 2015
I really enjoyed working there, everyday I loved coming into work. I learned how to better myself and my life even with the most simple things. I also learned how to adapt to new changes to everything. The management there are the best managers I know. They are fun and they are there for you when you need them. The work crew including the managers is like one big family. Everyone fits in there. The hardest thing about that job is honestly just showing up, as long as you show up you will have fun. the most enjoyable part of this job was a great work environment to work in.
Pros
good discounts and awesome managers
Cons
benefits and staff shortage
productive, and advancement
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Washington, UTJanuary 26, 2016
On a typical work day you would go in restock and make sure your area was ready for your shift, I learned the most from this job considering it was my first job. I did become part of the management team and it was a wonderful experience, the co-workers there were amazing and everyone knew how to make the day fun. However the hardest part about working there was being put on the spot but by that you learned to multi-task and that became the most enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
multi-task, never bored, wonderful environment
Cons
shift being cut back, not being staffed
Good Management, Fun co-workers
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  McPherson, KSMarch 5, 2016
The team worked well together to provide a welcoming workplace and store. Good opportunity for advancement. Good entry level customer service and management experience.
Needs work/Freddy's Frozen Custard
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Junction City, KsMarch 18, 2015
The upper management and CEO's for the company are wonderful. The vision and ideals they share for the companies they represent are perfect. The Senior G.M. for this particular establishment created a harsh environment,that lacked culture or direction. However,upper management worked with the restaurant to resolve this issue. I learned a new system for inventory that was more intricate and detailed than I have seen in the past.The hardest part of the job was the lack of being assertive in decisions by my direct manager. I loved the job because of the guest services I was able to render and the staff I worked with.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
indecisive boss
terrible
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 30, 2015
This is a great place for someone who is just starting out in their management career. The franchisee cuts corners and then uses those corners against you. They do not set you up for success and will not develop you.
Pros
custard
Cons
salary, and benifits
Decent first job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Nampa, IDJune 7, 2016
Working at Freddy's I have learned a lot about customer service. It has helped me really craft my skills and gain exceptional knowledge on how to deal with guests and certain situations. When you first start working here the job is great. They have an awesome training program and you get great hours at the beginning. You better suck up to the managers or else you won't get many hours. This freddy's loved to play favorites and would promote people they liked personally over someone who actually deserved it. They also would randomly cut hours for no reason. The work environment wasn't too bad, but sometimes it was very stressful. Most of my coworkers were great and helpful but many times it felt like you had to work twice as hard because other workers would rather do nothing and socialize. Management was mostly helpful with "leading" the team but at times it seemed like they abused their power and would boss you around, especially if they didn't like you. Overall this is a good job, but not one I'd recommend to want to advance in. Working here for the past year has really helped me come out of my shell and create relationships with my co-workers and customers.
Pros
1/2 off food, helpful management, chill environment
Cons
inconsistent hours, management played favorites, only got breaks when working 7 hours or more
Hardest thing to do is get there.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKJune 4, 2016
Most of the employees there greet you as soon as you get there, which I love. The job was really easy and I enjoyed it. You got what you put into the job. If you wanted to learn something else you would be scheduled to do it in no time.
Pros
Free meal if you worked a double. They always fixed their mistakes.
Cons
Communication
Waste of Time!!!
Cold Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Vail, AZJune 20, 2016
Terrible management,company cuts everyone's hours just so they can save money for themselves,have hardly any chances of moving up with the company,they don't help you with problems that you have there,there are just SO MANY problems with this company. I tried so many times to fix my problems that I had here,whether that was talking to my store managers or the area manager,but it was either they didn't bother or the store managers gave very little effort to fix it. The maangers there are rude,immature and irresponsible. Anybody else could have done a better job than them,amazing they have that job. Don't expect them to help you out when you have ANY problems there,they only care about how much money they get in there pockets,in which they actually cut EVERYBODY'S hours at my place just so they could get more money in there pocket. Expect to also have little to no chance of moving up with the company,even though you would probably be better at managing than any of the managers that the company is to stupid to give them that job. They can't even help guest properly and they get at us at almost every mistake we make,even very minor ones,instead of helping us to fix that mistake. Overall,I would never recommend this place to ANYBODY. This place is not worth ANY of your time and is one of the worst company's you could work for,let alone in the fast food business.
Fast work pace and friendly environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Moore, OKJuly 28, 2016
Freddys is not a terrible place to work if you have the patience to learn the management isn't all bad its a nice friendly environment. Managers treat you right if you do what you're supposed too
Pros
Fifty percent off
Cons
Short breaks, varied hours
Great starting place
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chubbuck, IDAugust 3, 2016
Fun to work for but seems to be understaffed and can be really stressful on the management team. The day at Freddys is fun and has a sense of urgency built on the pillars of quality hospitality and cleanliness. It can be stressful at times but it can also be fun.
Terrible upper management
Manager (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 20, 2016
Bad place to work. The upper management (DM/Owner) are only concerned about the bottom line. No support systems for managers or hourly employees, backstabbing, preferential treatment, lying, etc.
DM will do personal stuff like play golf and softball while on company time. Not professional at all.
Pros
Good Crew members
Cons
DM does nothing, not there when you need help. Would rather play golf and do personal stuff on company time.

Freddy Frozen Custard & Steakburgers Reviews by Job Title