Freddy Frozen Custard & Steakburgers Employee Reviews

Poor management
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GASeptember 20, 2017
Manager was basically a child , didnt know how to run the store. Parents got him the job and thats all he knew. Orders for burgers were expecting to be cooked ,prepped and sent out in a minute .
Was good at the start and slowly declined
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 20, 2017
When I first started I enjoyed my job every day and I liked the people I worked with. As time went on, management changed and people quit. The new people that were hired and are still being hired have an extremely poor work ethic and were very slow paced. Management above myself does not handle serious problems but rather brushes them off. They also do not take responsibility and instead blame others. Pay is not worth the stress and responsibility I am forced to take on. Only good things still are the few good workers and guests, and flexible schedule.
Pros
Discounts and flexible work schedule
Cons
25% off for associates, $10 a day for supervisors, $15 a day for managers.
Poor Management and poor distribution of hours
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCSeptember 19, 2017
Had a lot of tension between me and a couple of managers, but the discount was great. Not really a balance distribution of working hours. Poor management.
Pros
Discounts
Not Great for a Family Guy
Cook/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSSeptember 18, 2017
There isn't anything wrong with their business model and management is usually pretty good. The only downside is that their shifts usually don't allow for a life outside of work. Even as a regular employee, your life becomes about work and not much else.
Do not work here if you want to move up.
Employee (Former Employee) –  Mustang, OKSeptember 14, 2017
The franchises here in the Oklahoma City metro are awful if you want to move up in a store or the company. They will hire people brand new to the company instead of moving up experienced employees that have been there with the skills to become shift supervisors or managers just so they don't have to pay them as much as an employee would be paid that worked their way up. Only work here if you are a student or do not plan on growing up and getting a real job.
Decent
Assistant GM/Inventory Manager (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXSeptember 12, 2017
Very stressful and at times seemed as though my co-manager wasn't working as hard as myself. While managing a rush I would see managers leaving to go home instead of staying an extra 10 minutes to help. Constantly understaffed for the volume we experienced. The pay and benefits are great. The company as a whole is organized but almost to a micro manageable level.
Pros
Pay and Benefits
Cons
The location and upper management. Efficieny of shifts are poor.
Fun
Front of House (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, CASeptember 6, 2017
I worked front of house so I was required to make the custard, takes guests orders, and work drive thru. Management is pretty chill and laid back. there is traveling opportunities working there and pretty easy to move up.
Pros
Fun staff
It was only really busy on the weekends
FOH Cashier (Former Employee) –  Surprise, AZSeptember 2, 2017
Freddy's wasnt really popular when I was working there. It was still new to some people. Our location had maybe 4 or 5 regulars. The weekends and baseball game days, children's open house for school and a few birthdays were the only busy days. It's an old school setting with hip music. You definitely have to take responsibility while working each shift, even while management was there.
Pros
Discounts on meals, snacking while business is slow
Cons
No lunch breaks, a lot of cleaning
Good coworkers, bad managment
Cook (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZ 85284September 1, 2017
I enjoy working at Freddy's, its busy work and there is always something to do. The people are great but the management at my store is very unprofessional. Nothing too bad but the management will treat new hires like dirt.
I really liked working there . just wanted to find something new
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOAugust 30, 2017
Great mangers , fast paced . good pay. They really work with you on your hours if your in school . well manner employees. The mangers help you if you need it and dont judge you

Want to know more about Freddy Frozen Custard & Steakburgers?

Ask a question
Negative Changes
Front of House Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Castle Rock, COAugust 28, 2017
In recent months management has changed. This has majorly and negatively effected the store. With good management, working at Freddy's can be fun and challenging, unfortunately that is not the case at the Castle Rock location any more. that combined with terrible staff has made it terrible.
Pros
Discounted food
Cons
Management and Staff
It's a great place to work during the summer if you just want a little summer job
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Savage, MNAugust 28, 2017
I enjoyed working there but it just wasn't for me as a person but the people are great & they work together very open and nice. The pay was okay , the location was nice and very busy.
Horrible management in opelika
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALAugust 25, 2017
The managers are more bullies than professionals. Being spoken down to instead of taught from managers happens to often. The workers that work their butts off are treated as if they are not appreciated while those who do not care for the job are begged and paid more to come back to work for freddys.
Pros
Guests are amazing!
Cons
Managers are ignorant and careless
Nice workers and alot of joking
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARAugust 25, 2017
I would've stayed at Freddy bit it juss wasn't working out I wanted more hours and they gave me the opposite so I made plans to pick up shifts but they always sent me home like after I was there for 3 hoursuu
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Short breaks
has great hospitality
Cook (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAAugust 24, 2017
a very welcoming environment I loved the customers the management was very professional the food was great I prepared the food I prepped the food the food I stocked up the freezers in the back and ran trash
Management and Flaws
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 24, 2017
Working here was great at the beginning. Then Management took a turn for the worst . Not enough recognition to employees doing great. Favoritism showen . If you didnt not close you was not allowed a break . No matter the time you came in , in the afternoon .
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Not Enough fair breaks given to everyone
Front of House Staff (Former Employee) –  Dodge City, KSAugust 24, 2017
Freddys is a very good place to work. The founder of freddys is known to visit new stores to meet his new employees. When you are training you will get to have the chance to meet and get to know your coworkers if you are starting in a newly opened site
Pros
Excellent management
Cons
very fast paced but if there is teamwork.....NO PROBLEM
Fun
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 22, 2017
This is probably the best job to recommend for a first job. Easy to learn. Decent management. Also have flexibility and ability to work with teens in school.
Fun place to work although very strict
Shift Supervisor/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 22, 2017
Loved the job, does get stressful at times like during rushes. Hit and miss with certain managers, got fair breaks, decent pay, hard workers do advance fairly quickly
Pros
Discounts on meals
Cons
Strict rules for fast food
Cook (Former Employee) –  Chubbuck, IDAugust 22, 2017
Not a good place to work managers never helped when you was in a rush. You didnt get any brakes if you were lucky you got a 5 min brake your whole shift nd the hours were not steady
Pros
Cons
No brakes

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Freddy Frozen Custard & Steakburgers. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8