Freddy Frozen Custard & Steakburgers

Freddy Frozen Custard & Steakburgers Employee Reviews

A good job for quick, dirty cash.
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 13, 2016
This is a great place if you're looking for a job that provides quick, dirty cash as a high school or college student. A typical fast-food joint, so fast-paced and stressful rushes are the norm. Willing to work around personal schedule if you communicate and raises are an option if one works hard enough. My only complaint is that a good chunk of the employees at this particular location are not exactly the best influence on others: heavy drug users/drinkers (occasionally under the influence while working), teenage parents, high school dropouts and even ex-prisoners. Not trying to sound mean, but if you are looking for an environment where you can grow in a professional manner, this may not be the ideal location for you.
Pros
Flexible schedule, raises are an option.
Cons
Co-workers not the best influence on others.
stressful place when the employees and managers are having a bad day
Cook (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 2, 2016
I would clock in and grab my apron tie it around my waist. Then I would wash my hands and get on the line. Most orders come and go pretty quickly and when the store is not rushed (have very few customers) i would check with a manager and then work on my chore of the day, which was usually cleaning the walls. After I clean the walls I help out on the line. If a coworker is having a bad day it tends to be pretty stressful because the don't listen when I am trying to get orders out. I get my break, which if it is a busy day, then my break is shortened. Usually it was pretty good for the rest of the day unless if it was a saturday, because then there was this one employee who always had to leave and I would be told to stay and close while he got to go home early. It wasn't something I liked but I got over it. My favorite part of the work day would be when I got to see that we (the team) had made the customer's day.
Pros
1/2 off food and free drinks
Cons
short breaks, never got a raise, and for 6 months was never able to got to a different station (stayed at the fry station)
It absolutely sucks
Cashier/Stocker (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 24, 2016
Freddy's is not lenient, they are not kind, they are not fun. Now I know most jobs, especially fast-food and retail aren't generally fun, but this is definitely worse than one would think. Freddy's is terrible at communication, their training process sucks, and the management overall sucks and they're always quite rude or always gossiping about something. They cover quite a number of topics such as the stupidity of religion and politics, neither of which I think should even be discussed in a workplace. The "higher" employees are all mean and nobody looks like they're having fun.

You have to take written tests and pass all the training courses and if you don't you're fired.
I hate my job and it adds way too much stress in my life.

I don't actually get 50% off my meal, they give me 25% usually and I only get that discount it I got a break from my shift, which I usually don't.
Pros
50% off meals
Good Management, Fun co-workers
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  McPherson, KSMarch 5, 2016
The team worked well together to provide a welcoming workplace and store. Good opportunity for advancement. Good entry level customer service and management experience.
Muti-tasked Manager
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 21, 2016
I work hard everyday to achieve all that I can and try to do better everyday. I am always busy not matter what time of day it is. I've learned to have patience when it comes to working in the food industry. I've learned that I am a great leader and work very well with a team and work excellent with my management team. Communication is my best key to achieving and completing goals. The hardest part of the job is what each individual thinks is going to be hard, for me there isn't anything that is to hard because when you work as a team you can conquer anything together. Bringing happy guests back to the store because the love the experience they receive and having a happy staff working for you.
A generally fun and productive experience.
Cook (Current Employee) –  Owasso, OKMarch 11, 2016
A typical day involves general procedures in the food industry, preparing food, handling transactions and money, and stocking/cleaning. I learned discipline and time management.
The management is very dedicated and is very involved with the crew, which are also very dedicated to the job. The hardest part is all the physical labor that comes with the job. But the fun part is the people I encounter and interact with.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Inconsistent hours
A handbasket
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMay 29, 2016
The store is going through a lot of changes due to continuous change in management for the last year however an overall fun place to work. Everyone cares about each other like a family and although they do want to be home when they are work they show that there is no where else they would rather be. Do watch out as there is one gentleman who if he doesn't like you it won't be long before you are gone, proven 6 times. The management team is told to stand around and only help when absolutely needed but that won't stop them from cutting your shift the second that labor starts to climb. All about the bottom dollar. Upper-management comes to visit often but is a dream send.
Pros
Familial, energized, caring
Cons
No free lunches, hours often cut, unorganized management, management told to not work
Fun but slightly dysfunctional
Coldline (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 30, 2016
Freddys is a fun, fast-paced working environment which requires every employee to start off on either Coldline (Lobby, Custard, Cashier and Drive Thru) or Hotline (grilling, frying etc.) The company highly values its customers and my coworkers/ management are very friendly. The main downfall of this job is an overall lack of functionality. I cannot count the number of times I've gone to work to discover that we ran out of a vital part of our restaurant such as: our signature fry sauce, ketchup, milk, malt syrup, containers for fry sauce/ketchup etc. In addition, my restaurant has become severely understaffed causing our General Manager to milk out as many hours as possible from the staff and disregard their availability. Breaks are also extremely limited (only 15 minutes if you work 5.5 hours or more, 30 minutes if you work 11 or more hours). Despite these problems, I thoroughly enjoy working with the staff and guests at Freddys and believe that my location will eventually work through our problems.
Pros
50% off of food, fast-paced, friendly staff
Cons
Short breaks, understocked, understaffed
Selfish Management
FOH/BOH Trainer (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 12, 2016
I absolutely love the atmosphere at Freddy's as well as the job at hand. I always felt like it was a simple job for a fair amount of money. However, what i do not like about this job is Management is only there for themselves and to make money with no regard to the employees. also the procedure change so frequently that its hard to know right from wrong, and you actually get reprimanded for following what you thought were correct procedures. They will ask you to fix one thing and once you fix it in the next breath say that what you're doing is incorrect.
productive, and advancement
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Washington, UTJanuary 26, 2016
On a typical work day you would go in restock and make sure your area was ready for your shift, I learned the most from this job considering it was my first job. I did become part of the management team and it was a wonderful experience, the co-workers there were amazing and everyone knew how to make the day fun. However the hardest part about working there was being put on the spot but by that you learned to multi-task and that became the most enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
multi-task, never bored, wonderful environment
Cons
shift being cut back, not being staffed
First Job
Cook (Former Employee) –  Avondale, AZJune 6, 2016
I made and prepared everything that went onto a meal. Patties, buns, and everything in the fryer. I've learned a lot about food and hot to cook them and learned even more about the guest and how you should handle situation. The managers where great but the management was a little poor. Co-workers for the most part did what they were supposed to do. Every once in a while I would have to out them in line for them to help. The hardest part of the day was the rush, you have so many orders to do in a little amount of time. But the most enjoyable part was you can talk and have fun with your co-workers as long as you are doing your job.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Managment and rush hour
Ugh
Front of the house worker (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GASeptember 27, 2016
Working at freddys was great the first few months, but as the managers became more and more comfortable with their roles they became more and more rude. Mangers would make secually suggestive comments about female employees to other male employees. It could just be the Freddys I worked at but working there has put a bad taste in my mouth for Freddys everywhere
Pros
Discounted food
Cons
terrible magement
Terrible upper management
Manager (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 20, 2016
Bad place to work. The upper management (DM/Owner) are only concerned about the bottom line. No support systems for managers or hourly employees, backstabbing, preferential treatment, lying, etc.
DM will do personal stuff like play golf and softball while on company time. Not professional at all.
Pros
Good Crew members
Cons
DM does nothing, not there when you need help. Would rather play golf and do personal stuff on company time.
Horrible place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAAugust 10, 2015
Owners and upper management will cut any corner to save money. They will throw you under to save themselves. Completely disorganized no job security what so ever. Salary is extremely low for the upper management positions. All together this is a misrable work environment.
Pros
Free food
Cons
No breaks, No overtime pay for management, high expectations for little compensation
fun workplace
Crew Memeber/ Cake Decorator (Former Employee) –  Muskogee, OKMarch 18, 2016
Loved working with Freddy's however the employees working their first job ever complained about my experience and ability to do my job well.
Pros
job experience
Cons
management
The work is great. Overall it's an okay job but the management is not good.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CASeptember 27, 2016
I love my job and what I do. It's not hard or stressful. They work with my hours great because I go to college. Freddy's does have some bad sides to it thought. He has gone through 3 general managers in 2 years. We are really slow.
Pros
Money
Cons
Rude managers
Decent first job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Nampa, IDJune 7, 2016
Working at Freddy's I have learned a lot about customer service. It has helped me really craft my skills and gain exceptional knowledge on how to deal with guests and certain situations. When you first start working here the job is great. They have an awesome training program and you get great hours at the beginning. You better suck up to the managers or else you won't get many hours. This freddy's loved to play favorites and would promote people they liked personally over someone who actually deserved it. They also would randomly cut hours for no reason. The work environment wasn't too bad, but sometimes it was very stressful. Most of my coworkers were great and helpful but many times it felt like you had to work twice as hard because other workers would rather do nothing and socialize. Management was mostly helpful with "leading" the team but at times it seemed like they abused their power and would boss you around, especially if they didn't like you. Overall this is a good job, but not one I'd recommend to want to advance in. Working here for the past year has really helped me come out of my shell and create relationships with my co-workers and customers.
Pros
1/2 off food, helpful management, chill environment
Cons
inconsistent hours, management played favorites, only got breaks when working 7 hours or more
Fast work pace and friendly environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Moore, OKJuly 28, 2016
Freddys is not a terrible place to work if you have the patience to learn the management isn't all bad its a nice friendly environment. Managers treat you right if you do what you're supposed too
Pros
Fifty percent off
Cons
Short breaks, varied hours
overall, Freddys had lots of job security, cool mangers, and a high turnover rate.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKNovember 12, 2015
Freddys was a good place to work while I was going to school because of the flexible schedules and good management team, However, it is not a place I would recommend making a career out of.
Great starting place
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chubbuck, IDAugust 3, 2016
Fun to work for but seems to be understaffed and can be really stressful on the management team. The day at Freddys is fun and has a sense of urgency built on the pillars of quality hospitality and cleanliness. It can be stressful at times but it can also be fun.

2.9