Freddy Frozen Custard & Steakburgers Employee Reviews

Crowded
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNDecember 3, 2016
It was either to many people or too less of people. There was a bit of confusion as to where everything was. They also continuously ran out of important supplies like cups and buns.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Short breaks work long hours
productive and fun workplace
Cook (Former Employee) –  Westlake Village, CANovember 9, 2016
Freddy's overall was not a bad place to work. Things were fast paced and intense and it taught me a lot. The people there were nice enough and it definitely was a good starting job for me. The only issues i had there were with my managers. They were never very understanding towards me, they did not pay me correctly an multiple occasions.
Pros
fast paced and exciting
Cons
managers
i didn't like it
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 6, 2016
i didn't like working there because of the managers. they didn't know how to do certain stuff, like how to be friendly to there employees
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
This company works well with outside schedules.
Customer Serivce Trainer (Former Employee) –  Caldwell, IDNovember 6, 2016
This store had a very nice environment. The employees were very welcoming and made it and easy transition. I enjoyed working in the upbeat environment and creating relationships with the other employees and managers.
Pros
You recieve 50% off on prices.
Cons
Breaks are generally 30 minutes or less.
Good job enviornment
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Euless, TXOctober 24, 2016
Dealing with the front end of the store, cleaned store and dishes, while also dealing with customer service and cash till logs with cashier duties. Management sucks but the supervisor has since left after I was already gone.
Pros
Not that stressful, great food
Cons
Not much room to move up
Run, run fast!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCOctober 20, 2016
Working for Freddys started out to be a good place to work but things changed so quickly. They do not train you properly and then expect you to do the job correctly. It's a live circus in everyone of their restaurants here in NC. They talk a good game but that's all it really is to them. They are a franchise to Freddys so the company is HCI...
Pros
Regular guest and coworkers
Cons
No leadership from upper level, unprofessional
no problems
Cook (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAOctober 14, 2016
they hired too many people in the start. then they had a mass layoff.
it would help if they would have hired the right amount of people in the first place.
Pros
food
Cons
too many employees
very fast pace good environment all good vibes
Cook (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 12, 2016
I loved it great place to start a first job lostd of great people great food perfect quality food all around great experience oppertunity
Pros
im very good with guests i love interaction and serving others
Cons
mamagment irresponsibility
Inviting and a great learning experiance
Cook/Cashier/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Monument, CO 80132October 10, 2016
Freddy's Frozen Custard and Steak burgers was a good experience for me allowing me to learn how a corporation works and how to properly work with customers
Pros
free meals
Cons
lack of staff at some points
Great crew and great food.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Victorville, CAOctober 9, 2016
Wonderful working environment with terrific staff. Learned many valuable skills related to food safety and customer service.
Its okay
AGM (Current Employee) –  Easley, SCOctober 6, 2016
It's pretty rough to work here. There is no room for any type of advancing. The managemt is pretty unfair and uncaring and the pay is awful. You might get 15 hrs a week. Maybe
Nice people ad flexible with schedules.
team member and quickly moved (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKOctober 4, 2016
Freddys was a great place to work. The people were nice and it was very team work oriented. Guest service was always priority which helped me understand why it is so important to make sure no matter what job or business you are in the customers experience there is what should matter the most.
Steady, smells good most times, nice environment
Cook (Former Employee) –  Park NorthSeptember 29, 2016
The food was really appetizing there and most co-workers were friendly and welcoming most days and usually the screen would have an order to keep the flow going and pass through the day.
Pros
Good food, great co-workers, nice environment
Cons
Managers lose temper
The work is great. Overall it's an okay job but the management is not good.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CASeptember 27, 2016
I love my job and what I do. It's not hard or stressful. They work with my hours great because I go to college. Freddy's does have some bad sides to it thought. He has gone through 3 general managers in 2 years. We are really slow.
Pros
Money
Cons
Rude managers
Ugh
Front of the house worker (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GASeptember 27, 2016
Working at freddys was great the first few months, but as the managers became more and more comfortable with their roles they became more and more rude. Mangers would make secually suggestive comments about female employees to other male employees. It could just be the Freddys I worked at but working there has put a bad taste in my mouth for Freddys everywhere
Pros
Discounted food
Cons
terrible magement
It absolutely sucks
Cashier/Stocker (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 24, 2016
Freddy's is not lenient, they are not kind, they are not fun. Now I know most jobs, especially fast-food and retail aren't generally fun, but this is definitely worse than one would think. Freddy's is terrible at communication, their training process sucks, and the management overall sucks and they're always quite rude or always gossiping about something. They cover quite a number of topics such as the stupidity of religion and politics, neither of which I think should even be discussed in a workplace. The "higher" employees are all mean and nobody looks like they're having fun.

You have to take written tests and pass all the training courses and if you don't you're fired.
I hate my job and it adds way too much stress in my life.

I don't actually get 50% off my meal, they give me 25% usually and I only get that discount it I got a break from my shift, which I usually don't.
Pros
50% off meals
Fine
Cook (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXSeptember 16, 2016
Bad management good people fun place to work but not the best bad rewards for workers who do the most in good hours lousy pay the harder you work the less reward you get
Selfish Management
FOH/BOH Trainer (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 12, 2016
I absolutely love the atmosphere at Freddy's as well as the job at hand. I always felt like it was a simple job for a fair amount of money. However, what i do not like about this job is Management is only there for themselves and to make money with no regard to the employees. also the procedure change so frequently that its hard to know right from wrong, and you actually get reprimanded for following what you thought were correct procedures. They will ask you to fix one thing and once you fix it in the next breath say that what you're doing is incorrect.
Fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, AZSeptember 8, 2016
Company was fun to work for, but there is no job security. I did learn a lot of my customer service skills here which I greatly appreciate. But was not a fun environment to work in.
Fun but slightly dysfunctional
Coldline (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 30, 2016
Freddys is a fun, fast-paced working environment which requires every employee to start off on either Coldline (Lobby, Custard, Cashier and Drive Thru) or Hotline (grilling, frying etc.) The company highly values its customers and my coworkers/ management are very friendly. The main downfall of this job is an overall lack of functionality. I cannot count the number of times I've gone to work to discover that we ran out of a vital part of our restaurant such as: our signature fry sauce, ketchup, milk, malt syrup, containers for fry sauce/ketchup etc. In addition, my restaurant has become severely understaffed causing our General Manager to milk out as many hours as possible from the staff and disregard their availability. Breaks are also extremely limited (only 15 minutes if you work 5.5 hours or more, 30 minutes if you work 11 or more hours). Despite these problems, I thoroughly enjoy working with the staff and guests at Freddys and believe that my location will eventually work through our problems.
Pros
50% off of food, fast-paced, friendly staff
Cons
Short breaks, understocked, understaffed

2.8