Freddy Frozen Custard & Steakburgers

Freddy Frozen Custard & Steakburgers Employee Reviews

Selfish Management
FOH/BOH Trainer (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 12, 2016
I absolutely love the atmosphere at Freddy's as well as the job at hand. I always felt like it was a simple job for a fair amount of money. However, what i do not like about this job is Management is only there for themselves and to make money with no regard to the employees. also the procedure change so frequently that its hard to know right from wrong, and you actually get reprimanded for following what you thought were correct procedures. They will ask you to fix one thing and once you fix it in the next breath say that what you're doing is incorrect.
Ugh
Front of the house worker (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GASeptember 27, 2016
Working at freddys was great the first few months, but as the managers became more and more comfortable with their roles they became more and more rude. Mangers would make secually suggestive comments about female employees to other male employees. It could just be the Freddys I worked at but working there has put a bad taste in my mouth for Freddys everywhere
Pros
Discounted food
Cons
terrible magement
Muti-tasked Manager
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 21, 2016
I work hard everyday to achieve all that I can and try to do better everyday. I am always busy not matter what time of day it is. I've learned to have patience when it comes to working in the food industry. I've learned that I am a great leader and work very well with a team and work excellent with my management team. Communication is my best key to achieving and completing goals. The hardest part of the job is what each individual thinks is going to be hard, for me there isn't anything that is to hard because when you work as a team you can conquer anything together. Bringing happy guests back to the store because the love the experience they receive and having a happy staff working for you.
First Job
Cook (Former Employee) –  Avondale, AZJune 6, 2016
I made and prepared everything that went onto a meal. Patties, buns, and everything in the fryer. I've learned a lot about food and hot to cook them and learned even more about the guest and how you should handle situation. The managers where great but the management was a little poor. Co-workers for the most part did what they were supposed to do. Every once in a while I would have to out them in line for them to help. The hardest part of the day was the rush, you have so many orders to do in a little amount of time. But the most enjoyable part was you can talk and have fun with your co-workers as long as you are doing your job.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Managment and rush hour
It absolutely sucks
Cashier/Stocker (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 24, 2016
Freddy's is not lenient, they are not kind, they are not fun. Now I know most jobs, especially fast-food and retail aren't generally fun, but this is definitely worse than one would think. Freddy's is terrible at communication, their training process sucks, and the management overall sucks and they're always quite rude or always gossiping about something. They cover quite a number of topics such as the stupidity of religion and politics, neither of which I think should even be discussed in a workplace. The "higher" employees are all mean and nobody looks like they're having fun.

You have to take written tests and pass all the training courses and if you don't you're fired.
I hate my job and it adds way too much stress in my life.

I don't actually get 50% off my meal, they give me 25% usually and I only get that discount it I got a break from my shift, which I usually don't.
Pros
50% off meals
A handbasket
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMay 29, 2016
The store is going through a lot of changes due to continuous change in management for the last year however an overall fun place to work. Everyone cares about each other like a family and although they do want to be home when they are work they show that there is no where else they would rather be. Do watch out as there is one gentleman who if he doesn't like you it won't be long before you are gone, proven 6 times. The management team is told to stand around and only help when absolutely needed but that won't stop them from cutting your shift the second that labor starts to climb. All about the bottom dollar. Upper-management comes to visit often but is a dream send.
Pros
Familial, energized, caring
Cons
No free lunches, hours often cut, unorganized management, management told to not work
Hardest thing to do is get there.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKJune 4, 2016
Most of the employees there greet you as soon as you get there, which I love. The job was really easy and I enjoyed it. You got what you put into the job. If you wanted to learn something else you would be scheduled to do it in no time.
Pros
Free meal if you worked a double. They always fixed their mistakes.
Cons
Communication
Fast work pace and friendly environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Moore, OKJuly 28, 2016
Freddys is not a terrible place to work if you have the patience to learn the management isn't all bad its a nice friendly environment. Managers treat you right if you do what you're supposed too
Pros
Fifty percent off
Cons
Short breaks, varied hours
Great starting place
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chubbuck, IDAugust 3, 2016
Fun to work for but seems to be understaffed and can be really stressful on the management team. The day at Freddys is fun and has a sense of urgency built on the pillars of quality hospitality and cleanliness. It can be stressful at times but it can also be fun.
A generally fun and productive experience.
Cook (Current Employee) –  Owasso, OKMarch 11, 2016
A typical day involves general procedures in the food industry, preparing food, handling transactions and money, and stocking/cleaning. I learned discipline and time management.
The management is very dedicated and is very involved with the crew, which are also very dedicated to the job. The hardest part is all the physical labor that comes with the job. But the fun part is the people I encounter and interact with.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Inconsistent hours
Typical fast food job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKJune 3, 2016
There wasn't anything special about working here besides the orientation videos which were stupid. A few of the managers were fun but overall it wasn't a job I would enjoy having for a long period of time.
Pros
Somewhat of an employee discount
Cons
Smelling like fried food
Poor Management
Front of House (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSMay 14, 2016
Management is horrible and they don't care about their employees family emergencies, my brother was in a car wreck and they wanted me to come to work instead of going to the hospital with my family.
Pros
50% off meals before or after work.
Cons
15 minute brakes if you work more than 6 hours.
Having great days at work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 14, 2016
I think a typically day at work included getting along with coworkers , showing great and positive attitudes. I also think that you should greet guest with a smile and a great attitude and make sure that everything is going great for them
A good job for quick, dirty cash.
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 13, 2016
This is a great place if you're looking for a job that provides quick, dirty cash as a high school or college student. A typical fast-food joint, so fast-paced and stressful rushes are the norm. Willing to work around personal schedule if you communicate and raises are an option if one works hard enough. My only complaint is that a good chunk of the employees at this particular location are not exactly the best influence on others: heavy drug users/drinkers (occasionally under the influence while working), teenage parents, high school dropouts and even ex-prisoners. Not trying to sound mean, but if you are looking for an environment where you can grow in a professional manner, this may not be the ideal location for you.
Pros
Flexible schedule, raises are an option.
Cons
Co-workers not the best influence on others.
Productive and fun workplace
Cook (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 20, 2016
A typical day at work is a really good place to work at. I learned how to do everything. Management is very good at their job. My co-workers are very respectful.
Pros
managers are very respectful
Cons
no insurance and no benefits
Fun Work Envirornment
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 25, 2016
Freddys is a fun fast paced environment that gives hands on experience in the fast food restaurant chains. Management groups are fun to work with and enjoy to work with their employees
Cashier
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKAugust 18, 2016
I loved working at Freddy, I was in a car accident and could not work for about a week. The manager decided to fire me right after my accident. Other than that I loved my job and coworkers.
productive and fast paced environment
Server and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 1, 2016
Management stays on top of their game, staff members always leave with new knowledge. Co-workers come together to put out great customer service.
Pros
free lunches with double shift
Cons
short breaks
Fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, AZSeptember 8, 2016
Company was fun to work for, but there is no job security. I did learn a lot of my customer service skills here which I greatly appreciate. But was not a fun environment to work in.
Fun but slightly dysfunctional
Coldline (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 30, 2016
Freddys is a fun, fast-paced working environment which requires every employee to start off on either Coldline (Lobby, Custard, Cashier and Drive Thru) or Hotline (grilling, frying etc.) The company highly values its customers and my coworkers/ management are very friendly. The main downfall of this job is an overall lack of functionality. I cannot count the number of times I've gone to work to discover that we ran out of a vital part of our restaurant such as: our signature fry sauce, ketchup, milk, malt syrup, containers for fry sauce/ketchup etc. In addition, my restaurant has become severely understaffed causing our General Manager to milk out as many hours as possible from the staff and disregard their availability. Breaks are also extremely limited (only 15 minutes if you work 5.5 hours or more, 30 minutes if you work 11 or more hours). Despite these problems, I thoroughly enjoy working with the staff and guests at Freddys and believe that my location will eventually work through our problems.
Pros
50% off of food, fast-paced, friendly staff
Cons
Short breaks, understocked, understaffed

2.9