Frederick Community College Employee Reviews

is a good place to work and have fun while you doing your job.
Security Officer (Adjunct) (Current Employee) –  frederick marylandSeptember 16, 2015
Is a great place to work. great employees and the leadership is good. You can go to school free as long as you are full time.
Pros
free school
Cons
no breaks
Great baseball program
Assistant Baseball Coach (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDSeptember 9, 2015
The program is top notch and is backed by the number of wins, championships and players that have moved on to four year schools.
Pros
Rewarding
Cons
good
Manager (Former Employee) –  Thurmont, MDAugust 31, 2015
I was a student worker here, so I dont have so many chances as other empolyee who had fulltime experience here. but this is a good place to learn.
Awesome Place to work/learn
MA-Extern/lab aide (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDJune 15, 2015
I love this place.... Through my mentors/professors I was able to obtain an outstanding job on helping others learn the Medical Assistant field. I not only get to help teach but I also get to learn new things as the program advances. The professors that I work with are superb!! There is never a dull day, lecture or lab. The students are all awesome and I enjoy interacting with them every day that I work at the College. There is no hard part of the job however the ability to have patience to demonstrate and lecture those who need more understanding then can get a little trying at times. The medical assistant field is growing quite rapid and it is imperative that every student learns the ins and outs of the field so it will make a great impression on the college as well as greatness for success.
Very convenient, terrible pay
Babysitting (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDNovember 14, 2014
I babysit a neighbors baby for 20 hours a week. It is a very flexible job considering I can do it in my own home. I enjoy it but the hardest part of the job is the inconsistency.
Cons
Salary
cool
multicultural center secretary (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDAugust 4, 2014
file, print, fax, copy, set appointments, made people sign in before entering,
One of the best higher education places I have ever worked at
Adjunct Faculty Part-time / program coordinator (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDAugust 4, 2014
This community college is always looking for ways to improve the learning experience for students as well as its staff. Enjoyed working here as an administrator and as an adjunct faculty member.
Everyone seemed to get along and care about their co-workers.
PROGRAM MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MD 21702October 2, 2013
The first 17 years were productive and I enjoyed the work, the people and students. Learned a lot from my supervisor and eventually advanced from Secretary I to Program Manager. Changes in leadership made the work environment stressful and no one on campus seemed to embrace the new culture.
Pros
Free tuition
Cons
Upper Management
Lacks State and County funding to be a more lucrative job
Budget Officer (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MarylandMay 10, 2013
Poor management at the top level. Good middle management and faculty
Great Opportunity
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MarylandMay 5, 2013
I teach 2nd year college students "Stress Management" through the Allied Health and Wellness Department. My department chair is Jan Sholes. I enjoy the diversity that I face everyday with my students. I established a repore with all my students on the first day of class when I was able to remember all of their names. The students and I felt a connection and the connection set a precedence from the first day of class. The hardest part of my job is remaining consistent in my expectations of homework, class participation and attendance. I experienced my first teaching evaluation which allowed me little stress. I recieved high marks in all areas. I was asked to come back Fall 2013 and teach again.
Pros
Freedom of Academia
Cons
Not a full time position
Productive and fun with pool tables
Game Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDMay 4, 2013
On a typical day, I would walk around and make sure my duty station was clean as well as making sure the students in the game room were following the rules. I learned many things while there like time management skills and leadership skills. The management there was excellent and I worked alone on my shift and my coworkers were always on time. The hardest part of my job was cleaning at the end of the night. I enjoied having the responsibility of being in charge of all the students in the game room as well as being on the computer most of the time.
Productive and fun work place
Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDAugust 6, 2012
Working at Frederick Community College was an excellent chance to join a thriving institution of learning that embraces innovation and growth. In my recent role as support associate at FCC I have had the distinct opportunity to broaden my scope of expertise while introducing creative organizational solutions. During my time with FCC, my primary duty was to provide administrative support to the Director of Adult Basic Education as well as all other offices within the Continuing Education Department. Additionally my hands on involvement in various projects brought me a great sense of accomplishment on a daily basis.
Greatest place ever
Work-Study (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDJune 13, 2012
FCC is such a fun-loving place to work. Everyone is a friend, not just a co-worker. Dealing with students on a daily basis, of different backgrounds, cultures, races, and ethnicities can be challenging, but the staff learns to work together.
productive and easy going staff
Instructional Support Assistant (Current Employee) –  frederick,marylandMay 24, 2012
A typical day working at Frederick Community college would be coming into the office making coffee and going to mail room, as well as checking voice mails and receiving incoming phone calls. Afterward I would normally have a stack of paperwork that needed to either be filed or data entries that needed to be logged. I served as an assistant so I would do what was assigned to me. I enjoyed working with my other employees!
Pros
free lunch sometimes, great experience, great people
Rewarding and productive place to work
Adjunct (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDMay 1, 2012
Typical day at work includes delivery of lessons and instruction on labs, enhancing the learning environment, creating a welcoming and atmosphere fostering exploration. I enjoy the sense of adventure that each semester brings with new students and the unique compilation of attributes that each bring to the class. The most difficult part of the job is that there is not enough of it. I miss the lab and the hands on exploration, myself, while I am assisting others on their journeys of discovery, I yearn for that of my own.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Frederick Community College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5