Frederick Memorial Healthcare System (FMH) Employee Reviews

Schedule Patents
Patient access scheduler (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDFebruary 10, 2017
My day would start off with getting my patients that I needed to call for their registration. When done we answered calls about making appointment's for radiology or lab, pet scans. When scheduling patient we enter their insurance information along with the patients demographic. Verify all insurance to make sure if the patient had a copayment he or she knew how much or if we needed an authorization.
Pros
Flexable schedule
Cons
High stress level
Crnp
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDFebruary 1, 2017
Ordering, performing and interpreting diagnostic tests such as lab work and x-rays.
Diagnosing and treating acute and chronic conditions such as diabetes, high blood pressure, infections, and injuries.
Prescribing medications and other treatments.
Managing patients' overall care.
Counseling.
Educating patients on disease prevention and positive health and lifestyle choices
Work Shift
Stationary Engineer (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDNovember 29, 2016
With a family the work shift does not work. The work schedule was a ten day then a 4 day brake. It sounds nice but i can be hard trying to spend time with you kids during the week.
Great Atmosphere
Pre-Access Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDNovember 29, 2016
The staff is friendly, and the management is great. It is a very good hospital. Enjoy interacting with the patients. You are treated with respect and they train you well.
Decent company
Revenue Cycle (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDNovember 20, 2016
They have decent benefits, and a stable work schedule. I would say that the constant changes to keep up with the medical trends in the USA right now are the biggest drawback. Constant re-training, constant upgrades. It's a lot of information to constantly be taking in.
Pros
Cafeteria on site, nice parking garage
Cons
Constant changes
its a job!
Inventory Clerk (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDOctober 20, 2016
only hospital in the area , hundreds of jobs to choose from . Friendly employees for the most part. I enjoy interacting with the patients. Hospital will pay if you choosevto further your education.
Pros
can transfer to different departments, good insurance
Cons
little to no raises
good
Hospice Chaplain (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDSeptember 15, 2016
all Assist in the Team Based patient care by proving spiritual and bereavement care to the patient and the family.
I assist the nurses and the Hospice team to get an idea of the spiritual and psychological problems which may be hindering the patient from having a good death.
I report any safety or health issues which may hinder the well being of the patient and present these to the nursing staff.
is good there in Frederick memorial Healthcare
I keep coming back for a reason
X-Ray Technologist (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDAugust 5, 2016
We are like a family, we have our fights and arguments, but we care. I feel that interdepartment tension does affect us all. However, I love the management I personally have. I am lucky enough to work all over the hospital, just about everyday.
Phlebotomy
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDJuly 4, 2016
This company is a great way to sharpen your phlebotomy skill and gain work experience for future jobs you may be interested in.
8 hrs. work daily
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDMay 6, 2016
Excellent work area. Pleasant surrounding work place. Quietly and neatly area. Complete equipment machines. Felt comfortable working daily. Learned a lot of skills and customer services.
Pros
30 minutes lunch break
Terrible place to work overall
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDFebruary 4, 2016
FMH cares for their patients but it is not a pleasant enviornment to work in. The management is disorangized and detached and they only provide feedback if it benefits their goals. They take care of their "lifers" and do not work with you to improve your skills or advance within the position. The work enviornment is hostile and the morale is low. There is a disconnect and lack of communication between departments. You will only get ahead if you succumb to the pressure of meeting their goals. Working here is like being in high school again.
Not Such a Great Place
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDDecember 29, 2015
Frederick Memorial Hospital is a very nice hospital for patients and staff in the clinical field. It is very hard to move up the ladder and I have found that a lot of the supervisors do not give any kind of feedback and are not helpful to those wanting to move up into management positions. The pay is minimum along with a very small percentage allocated for yearly raises. The physicians and nursing staff all seem very happy and the patient care is very good.
Pros
Covered garage to park in.
Cons
The main thing I found is lack of leadership.
Staff
Clinical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDNovember 18, 2015
Wonderful and smart staff. Very interested in creating a positive experience for patients and families. Staff is wiling to go the extra mile. Primary focuses are family, patients and excellent care.
Amazing
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDNovember 16, 2015
Working at Frederick Memorial Hospital as a volunteer was very eye-opening and very fun. I had to answer phones, and work at the information desk helping family members out.
Pros
Fun environment
Nursin Student
Student (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDNovember 16, 2015
Clinical rotation in many different fields of study while in nursing school. I did not work there permanently so I cannot speak to their overall competency as employer.
Great Management
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDOctober 17, 2015
The best part about working at FMH was the dept manager. She was very kind and fair and provided education opportunities needed. The worse part was the cliquishness and judgmental coworkers. Some were ok but others would make coworkers uncomfortable if they didn't fit it to their group. Also, the pay was the lowest I have come across, starting at over 6 less than other hospitals.
Pros
Manager, patients
Cons
co-workers
Fun staff
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDOctober 5, 2015
The hospital is of a tight knit community and all people seem to get along well. There are potlucks regularly and a lot of team building.
any etc
Support Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDSeptember 25, 2015
i have to hard life and i aways support of my co worker from Fredrick memorial hospital . Filed documents alphabetically
Cleaned tables and chairs in waiting rooms
Served crackers and iced soda to patients as needed
Adhered to rules regarding cleanliness and sterilization
Cleaned and hung to dry blood pressure equipment
Received outstanding employee award
Pros
etc
Cons
etc
great schedule and benefits
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDSeptember 4, 2015
I really enjoyed working the night shift with 7 days on and 7 days off. The hours were 10 pm to 7 am Thursday night to Wednesday morning. working in the OR and making IV's and chemotherapy was very fulfilling
Pros
7 days on and 7 days off
Great place to work.
Surgical Technician OB (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDSeptember 2, 2015
My fellow employees were great. I also got to do self scheduling which worked very well for me. the people that worked with me were very helpful with my training.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Frederick Memorial Healthcare System (FMH). Our community is ready to answer.

Frederick Memorial Healthcare System (FMH) Reviews by Location