Frederick Memorial Healthcare System (FMH)

Frederick Memorial Healthcare System (FMH) Employer Reviews

Pleasant place to work
Healthcare Business Analyst (Current Employee), Frederick, MDDecember 16, 2014
The hardest part of my job is Gathering Requirement, the most enjoyable part of it is the successful completion of my last project which is currently providing easy navigation of the system.
Enjoyed my 10 years here
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Frederick, MDDecember 9, 2014
Pros: very close to home
Cons: food prices and choices were not so good
Family atmosphere,fun and comfortable place to work. Formed lasting and life time friendships with many of the people still working there and some who have left. I worked all shifts and did various jobs but loved working in the IV room. I also went throgh several management changes which was geared to making a better and efficient department which came – more... with it's growing pains but we made it happen for most part. I enjoyed the family atmosphere with people inside and out of my department and I will be ever grateful for the support I got while trying to achieve my nursing degree. Hardest part I would say would be the shortage of people to work.

Loved the benefits too. – less
Schedule
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee), Frederick, MDNovember 10, 2014
Pros: schedule
Cons: pay
It was a great job to have while attending school full time. Hours were great and flexible.
Teamwork
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Frederick, MDOctober 1, 2014
The Charge RN & other unit RN always work in team. Our RN to patient ratio was very good, staffing was always good. While working at FMH I have obtained my ACLS certification.
Fun productive professional atmosphere
Billing Analyst - Temp (Former Employee), Frederick, MDSeptember 2, 2014
Identify patients accounts and correct errors utilizing Meditech software.
Great people to work for.
Awesome Management and Clinical Specialist
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Frederick, MDAugust 20, 2014
You always saw management on the units helping out whether it was answering a call light or talking with the families or other members of the team. They knew the patients and Doctors/PA's and sat in on rounds. Very in tuned to what went on during the shifts and made sure staffing was at its best. The coworkers were awesome and very helpful!
Frederick Memorial Hospital
Strategic Sourcing Specialist (Current Employee), Frederick, MDJuly 7, 2014
Pros: local, community hospital
Cons: senior management does not communicate well with the workers.
As a community hospital it thrives to serve the citizens of Frederick and the surrounding area.
More challenging than meets the eye
Patient Care Hostess (Former Employee), Frederick, MDJuly 3, 2014
Pros: good hard work, good community of co-workers
Cons: 10 hour shift often turned into 11+
A lot of behind the scene work. Mentally challenging and detail oriented. Customer service was a mandatory skill for this job. Peacefully explaining to a patient that their doctor will not allow them to be served salt with their otherwise bland food can be challenging and bring oaths and swearing to even the most peaceful soul. Diplomacy and an understanding – more... word and demeanor makes all the difference. – less
Loved working with patients
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Frederick, MDJune 26, 2014
Cons: paperwork
Loved working with patients
Loved helping those in need
Hardest part of job was not enough time in a day!
Managers non- supportive, dishonest, lacking in social skills
Experienced RN (Former Employee), Frederick, MDJune 25, 2014
Pros: the staff, doctors, and patient population
Cons: poor management from the top on down
Worked as RN for 7 years. Co- workers are supportive and function well as a team ( this is the only reason that FMH is still in business). Managers at all levels lack consistency and show no empathy toward subordinates unless it is to their benefit. Advancement is non- existent and the hospital is continually wasting money on hiring from outside organizations – more... ( these people generally move on from FMH , within a year or so, after instituting useless policies and procedures). The patients in Frederick, on the other hand, are the best. – less
Recently Started
Catering Associate (Current Employee), Frederick, MDJune 15, 2014
Recently Started so I do not have a lot to say, seems productive and inclusive so far.
Where do I start?
Medical Biller/Collections (Former Employee), Frederick, MDJune 4, 2014
Pros: i was able to work part time nights
Cons: management. to many rules, to much negativity.
From 2010 to 2012 working at FMH was acceptable. Management was nice & easy to work with. Working with a bunch of woman in a small office is always a challenge but we made the best of it. In 2013 our department went to a billing company, owned by FMH but under new management. Management was terrible, office was unclean, staff was miserable.
A employment establishment that requires patience and bigger picture thinking
full-time secretary (Current Employee), Frederick,MDMay 26, 2014
Working at Frederick Memorial hospital allowed me to understand the healthcare system and the effects it has on the population. My co-workers were pretty great people, I enjoyed going to work everyday (overall). The hardest part of the job was the politics surrounding staffing and your overall work performance.
Very nice place to work
float pool nurse (Current Employee), Frederick, Md. 21701May 15, 2014
Pros: well organized environment.
Cons: work life balance is difficult.
My day is very busy. I have learned a lot about acute care nursing. I enjoyed working with peers.The hardest part of the job is to work at nights and the most enjoyable is to work with patients.
Good Place to start career
Medical Technology Student (Former Employee), Frederick, MDMay 13, 2014
I enjoy working every minute at FMH. The employees are very committed to giving best service to patients.
Great for starters in the field
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Frederick, MDApril 28, 2014
Pros: great benifits
Cons: rare advancements
fast paced
on the job training
too many chiefs and not enough Indians
co-workers are helpful at times
it's OK, it pays the bills if nothing else...
General (Former Employee), FMHApril 24, 2014
Training is poor. Not enough instructions.
I agree with others on here that described it as a "small town syndrome".
Also, racism seems to be accepted in this work culture. It's never an everyday occurence but it did happen on occasion.
The work I did was easy most of the time but some of it did require detailed instructions which I didn't always get.
Work – more... environment: sometimes it was hard to tell if I was at work or at a friends house party on a Friday night. – less
Radiography student
Radiography student (Former Employee), Frederick, MDApril 22, 2014
Assisted technologist with routine, trauma, mobile exams. Fluoro and OR cases
good
Materials Handler (Former Employee), Frederick, MDApril 21, 2014
wish I was still working over at the hospital. very nice people little pay but raises come every three- six months
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee), Frederick, MDMarch 24, 2014
A typical day at work can vary depending on the location that I am working. I usually rotated between 3 facilities, however there is always team work and a enjoyable work enviroment. There always something to learn and improve. My co-workers are great and were are always willing to help each other, since almost every day there is a large amount of work – more... that need to be done. – less

1 2 3