Frederick Memorial Healthcare System (FMH) Employee Reviews

Not Such a Great Place
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDDecember 29, 2015
Frederick Memorial Hospital is a very nice hospital for patients and staff in the clinical field. It is very hard to move up the ladder and I have found that a lot of the supervisors do not give any kind of feedback and are not helpful to those wanting to move up into management positions. The pay is minimum along with a very small percentage allocated for yearly raises. The physicians and nursing staff all seem very happy and the patient care is very good.
Pros
Covered garage to park in.
Cons
The main thing I found is lack of leadership.
Staff
Clinical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDNovember 18, 2015
Wonderful and smart staff. Very interested in creating a positive experience for patients and families. Staff is wiling to go the extra mile. Primary focuses are family, patients and excellent care.
Amazing
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDNovember 16, 2015
Working at Frederick Memorial Hospital as a volunteer was very eye-opening and very fun. I had to answer phones, and work at the information desk helping family members out.
Pros
Fun environment
Nursin Student
Student (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDNovember 16, 2015
Clinical rotation in many different fields of study while in nursing school. I did not work there permanently so I cannot speak to their overall competency as employer.
Great Management
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDOctober 17, 2015
The best part about working at FMH was the dept manager. She was very kind and fair and provided education opportunities needed. The worse part was the cliquishness and judgmental coworkers. Some were ok but others would make coworkers uncomfortable if they didn't fit it to their group. Also, the pay was the lowest I have come across, starting at over 6 less than other hospitals.
Pros
Manager, patients
Cons
co-workers
Fun staff
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDOctober 5, 2015
The hospital is of a tight knit community and all people seem to get along well. There are potlucks regularly and a lot of team building.
any etc
Support Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDSeptember 25, 2015
i have to hard life and i aways support of my co worker from Fredrick memorial hospital . Filed documents alphabetically
Cleaned tables and chairs in waiting rooms
Served crackers and iced soda to patients as needed
Adhered to rules regarding cleanliness and sterilization
Cleaned and hung to dry blood pressure equipment
Received outstanding employee award
Pros
etc
Cons
etc
great schedule and benefits
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDSeptember 4, 2015
I really enjoyed working the night shift with 7 days on and 7 days off. The hours were 10 pm to 7 am Thursday night to Wednesday morning. working in the OR and making IV's and chemotherapy was very fulfilling
Pros
7 days on and 7 days off
Great place to work.
Surgical Technician OB (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDSeptember 2, 2015
My fellow employees were great. I also got to do self scheduling which worked very well for me. the people that worked with me were very helpful with my training.
great work place
Lead Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDJuly 24, 2015
I really enjoy this work place. love the management. it is a great company to work for. great benefits. all the staff is very friendly.

Want to know more about Frederick Memorial Healthcare System (FMH)?

Ask a question
I really enjoyed this position
Meeting Recorder (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDJune 25, 2015
This was a temporary position and I was not able to maintain the position as I did not have a degree at that time. It was a great place to work.
salary was pretty compatable with surrounding employers
Cardiac Monitor Technician/Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDJune 5, 2015
i really enjoyed working at frederick memorial hospital.when i was there we had a great team.its pretty much what you make it
Pros
training is awesome great team work
FMH good place to work, you can grow within the company
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDMay 26, 2015
Its a good place to work. The manages and Supervisors at this one off site needs some approvement. The higher in command needs to ask the workers how are things going, and truly listen to their feedback. some are afraid their jobs will be jeopary if they talk.
Pros
you can grow within the company
Cons
no comments
Well run hospital
Unit Secretary Operating Room (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDMay 7, 2015
Frederick Memorial Hospital is a great place to work. They put their patients first, and make sure that their standards of care are high.
Frederick Memior Hospital
Medical office staff/coding and billing. (Current Employee) –  Wound Care and HpberbaricApril 22, 2015
I have worked in 4 departments and everyon of them have been a positive experience. My co-worker have all been supportive, the doctors easy to work for and my supervisors and directors are always available and helpful.

My typical day is prioritizing my work. Usually I do the billing first, then the coding and abstracting of patient accounts. I am also the back up to our front desk, so will answer phones and help check in patients if needed. I also assist with any request from doctors and nursing staff.
I enjoy my job and co-workers. I have always felt the FMH is a family not just a job.
Pros
great work evironment, professional and personal
Cons
parking can be a problem for us and the patients with construction
Fast growing & building more every day
Medical Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDApril 12, 2015
My experience at FMH was not a good one. However, every Manager and department is different, some people very much enjoy it there.
Great environment
Student RN (Former Employee) –  ClinicalsApril 9, 2015
Is great environment during the clinical rotations. Employees were so helpful and enthusiastic about their jobs. The enviroment and work ethic was very standard
No appreciation
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDFebruary 26, 2015
Overnight work load is extensive and hard. Co-workers are fun and hard working. Management treats you like elementary children. No room to take initiative, or be a self starter. You are not allowed to think for yourself or think outside the box. No personal time off, they don't have staff to cover for you. Management expects you to stay over or to work overtime. You are not appreciated for the job you do.
Cons
no breaks, short lunches, not enough staff.
great environment
RN IT Dept (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDDecember 30, 2014
Productive, and energizing. Good team work.
Great schedule and management on the unit was exceptional.
Nice place to work
Staff nurse in Home Health dept (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MarylandDecember 18, 2014
I held several roles while working at FMH for 9 years. The hospital was also willing to meet my scheduling needs. I went from full time to part time and at times held a short term assignment. I found the staff I worked with to be very friendly. It is a community based hospital but advanced in the medical care they provide the community