Frederick Memorial Healthcare System (FMH) Employee Reviews

Loved every minute of it
Hospital Operator (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDNovember 5, 2017
I loved every minute of working at FMH. My manager was top notch.
I left because of a death in the family and had to relocate. The most enjoyable part of my job was that I got to help people.
Pros
Awesome benefits, pay
Cons
short lunch break
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDNovember 1, 2017
It was a good place to work. I got a long with everyone at the hospital. I would recommend others to work at this facility as well. Management was good as well.
Fast paced, long hours
Certified Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDOctober 29, 2017
Fast-paced, long hours, heavy case-loads. You will learn a lot, and see a great deal, however, the hours can be grueling; weekends, nights, and holidays. Multiple 12 hour plus shifts per week.
Pros
You will grow and learn as a therapist
Cons
Often short staffed, long hours, working weekends/nights/holidays
Fun place to work
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDOctober 27, 2017
As a Surgical Technologist, I got to see ample different types of cases. Doctor's were very kind and knowledgeable. Lots of room for advancement. Would gladly return here for employment.
Pros
Great opportunity for growth and a great learning experience
Cons
Required to take call
Great Work Enviroment
Cafeteria Team Member (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDOctober 27, 2017
Most coworkers are very friendly. Staff is very friendly also. Workload matches to pay. Weekends are usually really chill. Their culture and future goals are in the right place.
chaplain
Chaplain (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDOctober 15, 2017
good with friends , i learned much at Frederick memorial they is were i got my CPE the staff and management are so welcoming . Loving and kind. the workplace culture is so good to all who come there, the hardest work is working with, hospice clients . but all we have to known is ' known yr work ' i did enjoy ever moment spent there.
Very professional workforce
Chaplain Resident (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDOctober 7, 2017
FMH does a great job of selecting talent. From new hire orientation until my last day, the culture of going above and beyond for the patient and families was evident
Great, friendly hospital
Phlebotomy tech (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDSeptember 12, 2017
Frederick Memorial Hospital was a tremendous place to work. All the bosses and lead technicians were supportive and friendly. I would recommend this place to a friend/ family member.
new supervisor
Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDAugust 29, 2017
never a typical day, learned about insurance companies, manager was new and unproductive, hard part was amount of work in 8hr period. enjoyed work day
as a orderly, you look upon as a Janitor
4th Grade Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDAugust 24, 2017
As an Orderly we were looked down upon. Try to looked pleased with what were doing, hard to do when people called you Bedpan.
That in it self is hard to deal with.
Great hospital to work for
Registered Nurse II and float RN (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDAugust 24, 2017
FMH is full of competent nurses and Drs. I had a wonderful experience working there. I learned a lot and really appreciate all of the great staff there.
There are so many opportunities
Communications Specialist (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDAugust 22, 2017
Althougj I just started the people there are very helpful and sincere. There is a lot of opportunities working at FMH. The manager is fantastic and cares about your future. I am glad to have the opportunity.
New career path
Manager Patient Access (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDAugust 13, 2017
Self taught the patient access skills
Enjoyed working in the hospital environment
Enjoyed developing / improving work processes
Enjoyed training
Honored being part of the team for the new operating system
Pros
Loved the job
Cons
Trust in Senior Management
Best work ever
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDAugust 11, 2017
Best Place ever! I can say: I have never feel so proud to be part of a team ( Inpatient Pharmacy) ; they really feel like family, I was so sad when I have to leave because the new manager was not able to make changes to my schedule.
I enjoy working with people.
Patient Registration Specialist (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDJuly 20, 2017
I enjoyed meeting the patients and helping them as much as I was allowed. The co workers were great, we worked as a team. The management wouldnt allow good, hard workers advance or transfer into another position or department because they didnt want you to advance. The hardest part of the job for me was standing 8 hours without any breaks. And if we was short staff, they wouldn't call in help. I really miss the people I worked with. Really great people!
Pros
great co workers
Cons
no breaks
Great Place to Work and Learn
Chaplain Resident (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDJune 30, 2017
While there is no such thing as a typical day as a Chaplain, one of the consistencies across the organization is the value placed on what chaplains bring to the interdisciplinary team.
Pros
Easy to get to; close to downtown Frederick, cafeteria on site, and park nearby
great place
Unit Secretary/ Mental Health Assistant (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDJune 21, 2017
had a great experience working here, i wish i never left. if i could go back i would, the staff was excellent, the patients were awesome. management was decent could use a little work but overall best job i ever had
Terrible management system
Inpatient Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDJune 13, 2017
If i could I would have given management NO STARS. They will lie their way through a problem to make it out to be your fault and will lie to your face. There's no ethics with this company. Hardest part is having to deal with management on a day to day basis and their garbage. Enjoyable part is the work.
Pros
Good cafeteria food, work is delightful
Reporting to the COO
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDJune 8, 2017
I was the Senior Project Manager for the Oncology relocation project. Oncology services was moving to a new center about 1.5 miles away in a building fully owned by Frederick Memorial. I over saw the technical aspects of the project and physical radiation equipment acquisition and vendor management. I reported to the COO. He is a super intelligent guy with the sensibility of your best bud. He expects high performance, yet he's equally as involved and engaged.

Overall I give my experience at FMH a 6, but if everyone in the facility performed to the level of my COO, I'd give an 8.5.

I'd highly recommend working here. The people are SUPER friendly and helpful. They are growing organization and there is a learning curve, but EVERYONE is on the team and engaged in figuring out what they may not currently know.

AND the city has the very best restaurants. If you cannot say no to good food, this is not the place you should go. My favorite restaurant held a space for me 3 nights a week. I tipped well.. :)
Pros
The culture, the people and the opportunity to a go get'r to shine..
Cons
Small city, resources that are slowly becoming more engaged in eHealth
Customer Service
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDJune 5, 2017
Travel around the world.
Great salary.
Great benefits.
Teamwork.
Relocation opportunities.
Good satisfaction and service to the community.
Customer service.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Frederick Memorial Healthcare System (FMH). Our community is ready to answer.

Frederick Memorial Healthcare System (FMH) Reviews by Location