Frederick Memorial Healthcare System (FMH)

Frederick Memorial Healthcare System (FMH) Employer Reviews

Frederick Memorial Hospital
Strategic Sourcing Specialist (Current Employee), Frederick, MDJuly 7, 2014
Pros: local, community hospital
Cons: senior management does not communicate well with the workers.
As a community hospital it thrives to serve the citizens of Frederick and the surrounding area.
More challenging than meets the eye
Patient Care Hostess (Former Employee), Frederick, MDJuly 3, 2014
Pros: good hard work, good community of co-workers
Cons: 10 hour shift often turned into 11+
A lot of behind the scene work. Mentally challenging and detail oriented. Customer service was a mandatory skill for this job. Peacefully explaining to a patient that their doctor will not allow them to be served salt with their otherwise bland food can be challenging and bring oaths and swearing to even the most peaceful soul. Diplomacy and an understanding – more... word and demeanor makes all the difference. – less
Loved working with patients
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Frederick, MDJune 26, 2014
Cons: paperwork
Loved working with patients
Loved helping those in need
Hardest part of job was not enough time in a day!
Managers non- supportive, dishonest, lacking in social skills
Experienced RN (Former Employee), Frederick, MDJune 25, 2014
Pros: the staff, doctors, and patient population
Cons: poor management from the top on down
Worked as RN for 7 years. Co- workers are supportive and function well as a team ( this is the only reason that FMH is still in business). Managers at all levels lack consistency and show no empathy toward subordinates unless it is to their benefit. Advancement is non- existent and the hospital is continually wasting money on hiring from outside organizations – more... ( these people generally move on from FMH , within a year or so, after instituting useless policies and procedures). The patients in Frederick, on the other hand, are the best. – less
Recently Started
Catering Associate (Current Employee), Frederick, MDJune 15, 2014
Recently Started so I do not have a lot to say, seems productive and inclusive so far.
Where do I start?
Medical Biller/Collections (Former Employee), Frederick, MDJune 4, 2014
Pros: i was able to work part time nights
Cons: management. to many rules, to much negativity.
From 2010 to 2012 working at FMH was acceptable. Management was nice & easy to work with. Working with a bunch of woman in a small office is always a challenge but we made the best of it. In 2013 our department went to a billing company, owned by FMH but under new management. Management was terrible, office was unclean, staff was miserable.
A employment establishment that requires patience and bigger picture thinking
full-time secretary (Current Employee), Frederick,MDMay 26, 2014
Working at Frederick Memorial hospital allowed me to understand the healthcare system and the effects it has on the population. My co-workers were pretty great people, I enjoyed going to work everyday (overall). The hardest part of the job was the politics surrounding staffing and your overall work performance.
Great Place to Work
Monitor Technician/Unit Secretary (Current Employee), Frederick, MDMay 19, 2014
Good co-workers and management. Pay is competitive, and there is room for advancement here. Also, wonderful tuition reimbursement.
Very nice place to work
float pool nurse (Current Employee), Frederick, Md. 21701May 15, 2014
Pros: well organized environment.
Cons: work life balance is difficult.
My day is very busy. I have learned a lot about acute care nursing. I enjoyed working with peers.The hardest part of the job is to work at nights and the most enjoyable is to work with patients.
Good Place to start career
Medical Technology Student (Former Employee), Frederick, MDMay 13, 2014
I enjoy working every minute at FMH. The employees are very committed to giving best service to patients.
Great for starters in the field
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Frederick, MDApril 28, 2014
Pros: great benifits
Cons: rare advancements
fast paced
on the job training
too many chiefs and not enough Indians
co-workers are helpful at times
it's OK, it pays the bills if nothing else...
General (Former Employee), FMHApril 24, 2014
Training is poor. Not enough instructions.
I agree with others on here that described it as a "small town syndrome".
Also, racism seems to be accepted in this work culture. It's never an everyday occurence but it did happen on occasion.
The work I did was easy most of the time but some of it did require detailed instructions which I didn't always get.
Work – more... environment: sometimes it was hard to tell if I was at work or at a friends house party on a Friday night. – less
Radiography student
Radiography student (Former Employee), Frederick, MDApril 22, 2014
Assisted technologist with routine, trauma, mobile exams. Fluoro and OR cases
good
Materials Handler (Former Employee), Frederick, MDApril 21, 2014
wish I was still working over at the hospital. very nice people little pay but raises come every three- six months
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee), Frederick, MDMarch 24, 2014
A typical day at work can vary depending on the location that I am working. I usually rotated between 3 facilities, however there is always team work and a enjoyable work enviroment. There always something to learn and improve. My co-workers are great and were are always willing to help each other, since almost every day there is a large amount of work – more... that need to be done. – less
Productive Day at Work
Histotechnologist (Current Employee), Frederick, MDMarch 8, 2014
Begin the day by preparing for IHC runs, special stains, and routine microtomy and H&E staining.
Everyday involves a matter that needs troubleshooting whether it be from instrumentation to patient related.
Laboratory leadership should be a little more involved and proactive in personnel management and day-to-day operations.
HR could be a little more – more... selective in the hiring process.
Hardest part of the job is dealing with personnel who are apathetic, have poor attitudes, work ethics and lack of initiative.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when a difficult problem is solved or we have a successfully productive day or I learn something new. – less
productive and fun work environment
NURSING ASSISTANT ( ON CALL) (Current Employee), Frederick MDMarch 3, 2014
Pros: discounts for adventure parks etc, close to my mom
Cons: short breaks, uncomfortable work environment, low pay
I work night shift and a typical night is usually calm. The management makes the job very difficult. I love my job but when your character is attacked often you feel non worthy of your hard work.
Fast paced, hard work, and needs more staff
Patient Care Technician/ Unit Secretary (Current Employee), Frederick, MDMarch 1, 2014
Pros: teaching others
Cons: long hours
I learned to work will with others, very constructive, and most enjoyable part of job working with patients to teach them how to take care of themselves and their family member.
Experience in a hospital lab
Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Frederick, MDFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: early hours, was off at 1 pm
Cons: sometimes long stretches with out a break
This job was very rewarding. Knowing that I was handling samples from patients that would tell a doctor treatment options had a great impact on my work. I strove to be quick and accurate, because lives were on the line. It was fast paced and interesting.
Great place for clinicals
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Frederick, MDJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: staff
Cons: no open postions
Staff is very helpful with new staff coming into the field the offsite labs are very clean and organized

1 2 3