Frederick Memorial Healthcare System (FMH)

Frederick Memorial Healthcare System (FMH) United States Employee Reviews

Fast growing & building more every day
Medical Billing Specialist (Former Employee), Frederick, MDApril 12, 2015
My experience at FMH was not a good one. However, every Manager and department is different, some people very much enjoy it there.
Great environment
Student RN (Former Employee), ClinicalsApril 9, 2015
Is great environment during the clinical rotations. Employees were so helpful and enthusiastic about their jobs. The enviroment and work ethic was very standard
No appreciation
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Frederick, MDFebruary 26, 2015
Cons: no breaks, short lunches, not enough staff.
Overnight work load is extensive and hard. Co-workers are fun and hard working. Management treats you like elementary children. No room to take initiative, or be a self starter. You are not allowed to think for yourself or think outside the box. No personal time off, they don't have staff to cover for you. Management expects you to stay over or to work overtime. You are not appreciated for the job you do.
great environment
RN IT Dept (Former Employee), Frederick, MDDecember 30, 2014
Productive, and energizing. Good team work.
Great schedule and management on the unit was exceptional.
Nice place to work
Staff nurse in Home Health dept (Former Employee), Frederick, MarylandDecember 18, 2014
I held several roles while working at FMH for 9 years. The hospital was also willing to meet my scheduling needs. I went from full time to part time and at times held a short term assignment. I found the staff I worked with to be very friendly. It is a community based hospital but advanced in the medical care they provide the community
Pleasant place to work
Healthcare Business Analyst (Current Employee), Frederick, MDDecember 16, 2014
The hardest part of my job is Gathering Requirement, the most enjoyable part of it is the successful completion of my last project which is currently providing easy navigation of the system.
Enjoyed my 10 years here
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Frederick, MDDecember 9, 2014
Pros: very close to home
Cons: food prices and choices were not so good
Family atmosphere,fun and comfortable place to work. Formed lasting and life time friendships with many of the people still working there and some who have left. I worked all shifts and did various jobs but loved working in the IV room. I also went throgh several management changes which was geared to making a better and efficient department which came with it's growing pains but we made it happen for most part. I enjoyed the family atmosphere with people inside and out of my department and I will be ever grateful for the support I got while trying to achieve my nursing degree. Hardest part I would say would be the shortage of people to work.

Loved the benefits too.
Schedule
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee), Frederick, MDNovember 10, 2014
Pros: schedule
Cons: pay
It was a great job to have while attending school full time. Hours were great and flexible.
Teamwork
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Frederick, MDOctober 1, 2014
The Charge RN & other unit RN always work in team. Our RN to patient ratio was very good, staffing was always good. While working at FMH I have obtained my ACLS certification.
Fun productive professional atmosphere
Billing Analyst - Temp (Former Employee), Frederick, MDSeptember 2, 2014
Identify patients accounts and correct errors utilizing Meditech software.
Great people to work for.
Awesome Management and Clinical Specialist
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Frederick, MDAugust 20, 2014
You always saw management on the units helping out whether it was answering a call light or talking with the families or other members of the team. They knew the patients and Doctors/PA's and sat in on rounds. Very in tuned to what went on during the shifts and made sure staffing was at its best. The coworkers were awesome and very helpful!
Frederick Memorial Hospital
Strategic Sourcing Specialist (Current Employee), Frederick, MDJuly 7, 2014
Pros: local, community hospital
Cons: senior management does not communicate well with the workers.
As a community hospital it thrives to serve the citizens of Frederick and the surrounding area.
More challenging than meets the eye
Patient Care Hostess (Former Employee), Frederick, MDJuly 3, 2014
Pros: good hard work, good community of co-workers
Cons: 10 hour shift often turned into 11+
A lot of behind the scene work. Mentally challenging and detail oriented. Customer service was a mandatory skill for this job. Peacefully explaining to a patient that their doctor will not allow them to be served salt with their otherwise bland food can be challenging and bring oaths and swearing to even the most peaceful soul. Diplomacy and an understanding word and demeanor makes all the difference.
Loved working with patients
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Frederick, MDJune 26, 2014
Cons: paperwork
Loved working with patients
Loved helping those in need
Hardest part of job was not enough time in a day!
Managers non- supportive, dishonest, lacking in social skills
Experienced RN (Former Employee), Frederick, MDJune 25, 2014
Pros: the staff, doctors, and patient population
Cons: poor management from the top on down
Worked as RN for 7 years. Co- workers are supportive and function well as a team ( this is the only reason that FMH is still in business). Managers at all levels lack consistency and show no empathy toward subordinates unless it is to their benefit. Advancement is non- existent and the hospital is continually wasting money on hiring from outside organizations ( these people generally move on from FMH , within a year or so, after instituting useless policies and procedures). The patients in Frederick, on the other hand, are the best.
Recently Started
Catering Associate (Current Employee), Frederick, MDJune 15, 2014
Recently Started so I do not have a lot to say, seems productive and inclusive so far.
Where do I start?
Medical Biller/Collections (Former Employee), Frederick, MDJune 4, 2014
Pros: i was able to work part time nights
Cons: management. to many rules, to much negativity.
From 2010 to 2012 working at FMH was acceptable. Management was nice & easy to work with. Working with a bunch of woman in a small office is always a challenge but we made the best of it. In 2013 our department went to a billing company, owned by FMH but under new management. Management was terrible, office was unclean, staff was miserable.
A employment establishment that requires patience and bigger picture thinking
full-time secretary (Current Employee), Frederick,MDMay 26, 2014
Working at Frederick Memorial hospital allowed me to understand the healthcare system and the effects it has on the population. My co-workers were pretty great people, I enjoyed going to work everyday (overall). The hardest part of the job was the politics surrounding staffing and your overall work performance.
Very nice place to work
float pool nurse (Current Employee), Frederick, Md. 21701May 15, 2014
Pros: well organized environment.
Cons: work life balance is difficult.
My day is very busy. I have learned a lot about acute care nursing. I enjoyed working with peers.The hardest part of the job is to work at nights and the most enjoyable is to work with patients.
Good Place to start career
Medical Technology Student (Former Employee), Frederick, MDMay 13, 2014
I enjoy working every minute at FMH. The employees are very committed to giving best service to patients.

1 2 3