Free People Employee Reviews

Creative and Flexible workplace
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CAJanuary 10, 2017
The typical day at work includes setting fitting rooms up for costumers, expanding my product knowledge, ordering and tracking shipments for costumers, and keeping the sales floor clean. Free People stylist positions are not commission based which taught me to maintain my hard-working, efficient demeanor without receiving direct compensation for my sales. The bohemian lifestyle of a Free People employee bled into my everyday life through the way I eat and dress which was definitely a plus. The hardest part about the job is hours and low pay. I prefer to work 4-5 days a week and stylists are only given about 5-10 hours a week. Despite the minimal hours I enjoy all the unique, friendly women I work with and have made some life-long friends.
Pros
Discount to all URBN stores
Cons
No Commission, Minimal Hours
Awesome Atmosphere
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJJanuary 3, 2017
Awesome part-time job with a great atmosphere. Compensation was average for a retail job. The co-workers and the discount at the store were the main benefits to working retail with Free People.
Store Management at Free People
Manager in Training/ Stylist (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCDecember 21, 2016
Free People is a fun company to work for that inspires you to be creative and connect with clients. Management staff is pushed to be as involved as possible and can sometimes be overwhelming. Pay is not great but customers are sweet.
Pros
Discounts on clothing
time consuming
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 7, 2016
very busy, takes a lot to organize. time passes extremely quick with all the work there is to do. Hard to work with a team that has so many opinions...
Dream work environment
Merchandising Intern (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 17, 2016
The home office is like a college campus of just the coolest people. All the buildings are beautiful and the cafeteria food is amazing. The company wants to take care if its employees
Creative Opportuniy
Manager in Training (MIT) (Current Employee) –  San Juan, PRSeptember 27, 2016
Working for Free People pushes you to see the creative side of retail and creating lasting connections with the customers.
Free work - and Odoo world ,it job market so different world
Odoo developer (Current Employee) –  khartuomSeptember 18, 2016
We have learned patience and Almsaberp
And study different the job market
Because the latter is another reality and the world of different variables
Productive and Fun Workplace
Assistant Store Manager (ASM) (Current Employee) –  Short Hills, NJSeptember 11, 2016
Free People is a productive and fun workplace that cultivates positivity and creativity. More than just a brand, Free People is a lifestyle company that empowers women. Free People promotes individuality and personal beauty from the inside out.
Great company with beautiful merchandise
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAAugust 25, 2016
I absolutely loved working for Free People, and along the way, I met some lifelong friends that otherwise I would have never known. It is an extremely popular company and is loved by all ages. During my shifts, I would style customers who visited the store and I made sure that they left loving the pieces they chose. They discount was a major positive of the job, and I was able to use that at their sister companies, Anthropologie and Urban Outfitters.
Pros
Great discounts on clothing, Positive emvironment
Cons
Short shifts, Not enough shifts per week, super part time
Visually appealing store front with cool space and plants
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, CAAugust 24, 2016
Opening the gates with a smile on my face, I am ready to help anyone find the perfect item to add to their closet, the perfect dress for a friend's wedding, the perfect make-your-butt-look-amazing pair of jeans, or just simply assist in a much needed shopping spree. My coworkers are friendly, genuine, intelligent, creative & like-minded individuals who are all at work for the same reasons. Fashion. Paying the bills. Networking. Making connections. The heart of Hollywood brings in so many interesting people. Everyday is different. Everyday is about making things happen. Setting goals and making them. Keeping the work flow exciting and interesting is how I spend everyday and would like to going forward. I am always up for a challenge. I am bored when things get too easy.
Active Workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAAugust 10, 2016
Working for Free People was an amazing experience. I learned about visual merchandising and prop making and how to work in a fast paced environment. Sometimes it would become a bit overwhelming during sales but it was all worth it because I came to bond more with my co-workers and even customers.
Flexible Hours, Good People
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Huntington Station, NYJuly 21, 2016
Manager is flexible with scheduling and super nice. Management does a good job at teaching employees. Employee discount is really good.
Pros
employee discount, friendly managment
Cons
low pay, not a lot of hours
Great Culture
Social Media District Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 4, 2016
Free People has an amazing company culture and friendly employees. They really care about growing your career and fostering your true passions.
excellent
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 21, 2016
this was a great place to work when i was in school. they work with your school schedule and the co workers are great. the team was so nice and great to not just work with but hang out.
Productive and fast-paced work environment.
Selling Manager In Training (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 22, 2016
Free People's flagship location is a positive, fast-paced work environment with high customer traffic. Since 70% of the customers are tourists, it allows for opportunity to establish a variety of customer connections.
Productive and creative team
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIFebruary 1, 2016
The best thing about working at Free People was the opportunity to work with such a great team! Surrounded by gorgeous clothes and working with the best team of employees really made work a pleasure.
Good if you're looking for an EXTREMELY part-time job
Stylist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 6, 2016
If you have not been working at Free People for over 6 months they will not give you an amazing amount of hours. If you're a part-timer expect 1 or 2 days a week, and starting pay is $8.
Pros
Cool work environment
Cons
Low hours & low pay to start out
Creative Work Place
Manager in Training (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 13, 2015
Employees are offered creative liberty within the scope of what is appropriate. However, the flexibility does regularly create issues with procedures.
amazing place
Personal Stylist/Brand Representative (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJOctober 29, 2015
Awesome culture, awesome people, awesome management, awesome clothes, and awesome flexibility. Everyday was fun, it was work, but I felt like I was hanging out with my best friends.
Creative and Free
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 5, 2015
The amount of creative control and output are limitless when working for Free People. The ability to use social media and creative displays is what makes this company unique and rewarding. As a previous store manager, the most memorable part of this job is rolling out displays and exerting all forms of creativity through visual merchandising and rolling out quarterly displays.
Pros
Displays, creative control
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Free People. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2