Freebirds World Burrito Employee Reviews

Nice
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TX 75703June 18, 2017
Wonderful company to work for always room for advancement! The managerment lets you be free and be yourself, they are always wanting smiling faces and mangers are understanding and lovely.
A good first job.
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 7, 2017
It was steady work at a established burrito restaurant. It was a very unique, sort of rock-n-roll style, which is interesting. The kitchen was organized, and kept clean. Coworkers were all very young and sometimes hard to get along with, but nothing serious. There was a high standard of quality of work.
Pros
Steady job, style.
Cons
Coworkers
Fun and Friendly work enviornment
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 26, 2017
Days go very fast, you mainly rolling burritos and interacting with customers.

Everybody in the work play was like family, very fair and honest.

Hardest part of the job would be closing the restaurant down; just making sure everything was in order.
Exciting
Cashier/Server (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CA 95678May 21, 2017
This was so fun for a bit. I had a bit of a problem with management because they had favorites but other than that, I guess just get on the managers good side by buying him or her stuff all the time.
training station
Front of House Staff (Current Employee) –  texasMay 19, 2017
If your restaurant is a training station, your hours will fall, all the time. There was a point where I didn't work for two weeks. Also the managers were very unprofessional.
Fun environment
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAMay 15, 2017
I love my guests, not the management team. It could definitely use work there. Other than that great place to work overall.

Freebirds World Burrito Has the best food!
Pros
Half off food
Cons
Growth with company takes too long, hours
Edgy style and fun co-workers
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXMay 8, 2017
I have never had more fun with the people I worked with. Truly we all felt like a family and worked together flawlessly. I learned SO MUCH from the General and Assistant Managers and they quickly promoted me after applying their teachings.
Pros
Free food, no dress code
Cons
More corporate in recent years
Horrible
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAApril 30, 2017
Management was horrible, promises were made that weren't given, got laid off because company closed down, no help from others that were above my position.
Pros
worked great without supervision, enjoyed working with food, company was flexable with hours, over time given as needed.
Cons
safety didnt matter, unorganized, general managers didnt want to work
It started out great
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 24, 2017
Great part time job. Very casual concept with easy going customers and management.Great brand following which made it feel it like it wasn't food but a way of life.
Fun for a while but not for a career
Mentor Manager (Former Employee) –  OKC, OKApril 19, 2017
On a usual day i would do office work, manage the line/employees, do orders, inventory once a week, open/close down the store, deep cleaning, etc. I learned many things but i practically had to beg to get anything out of anyone. Multiple times i have seen this company hire random people instead of training an existing employee who is qualified and in need. The culture is warming on the ground floor, but the more you work your way up the more you realize that it is just a front to bring in revenue. The worst thing about this job would be the unreasonable expectations. The closing checklist is built around four people closing and estimates 1.5-2 hours after close to finish. Somehow that translates to three people scheduled and an uproar if you aren't done 45 minutes after close.
Pros
Free food for managers, good culture and fun enviornment
Cons
Unreasonable expectations, Rewards drama, and no career development.
loved the environment
Server/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 15, 2017
you come in and get right t work. its easy to fall into your job because its not extremely strict its an easy flowing environment but that doesn't mean they slack on customer service. i learned that the work environment is truly what you make it, more jobs should take a tip!!!!! you can be yourself in a work environment and still be professional. hardest part would be not eating all of the tasty food. the best would be the smiles o put on peoples faces. all it needs is better PAY
awesome place to work
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Redondo Beach, CAMarch 13, 2017
This place was pretty awesome to work at. Friendly staff and management. Very understanding of my personal family life. Gave me the opportunity to become kitchen manager.
Shift Manager
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, TXFebruary 23, 2017
Crew was great to work with. friendly staff and management for the most part. Flexible hours and overtime pay. somewhat of a hazardous job, susceptible to small cuts and burns
Not paid enough
CREW MEMBER (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXFebruary 22, 2017
I worked for Freebirds for 2 years and was never given a raise or promotion, even though I was the world ambassador it was just a fake title. Paid very little for the amount of work, non negotiable hours, upper management discontent and therefore not willing to put forth the effort.
A very fun restaurant
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Cupertino, CAFebruary 19, 2017
Freebirds was a great place to work at! They love helping their workers succeed, move up, let us have fun and let us strive. The overall environment was extremely chill. It was always a blast walking into work and spending the rest of your day there. Everything came to an end when the company decided to close a lot of the stores down. It sucked because we had definitely placed our name into the community.
Cashier and line cook (Former Employee) –  Dickinson, TXJanuary 19, 2017
Best management with awesome employees. It is simple work, but you cannot be too lazy. The work place is fun and carefree and helped me to socialize better.
Excellent job to expand your personal experiences
Team Lead to now Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 19, 2017
i worked for Freebirds for 3 years, and enjoyed it very much. i was never an out-going person before Freebirds, but i shortly bloomed. i enjoyed talking to people on a daily basis and working as a team
Fun workplace, friendly workers
Crew Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTDecember 28, 2016
I mainly didn't like the job because I asked for full time and received part time. I was being paid 8.50 an hour and it wasn't enough to live off of. Love the manager.
Pros
Friendly crew members
Cons
Had to pay for food even though i worked there
Easy
Cashier/ Level 1 Training Manager (Former Employee) –  dallDecember 7, 2016
fast paced

fun coworkers

relaxed environment

super chill dresscode

great food for cheap

most challenging time of the day is lunch and dinner rush
Pros
relax dresscode
Cons
getting more hours (part time), benefits
Fun place to work
Burrito maker/cashier (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXNovember 13, 2016
Great environment to work in. All employees got along. Easy going management. Simple work environment and tasks. Got better with people skills. Learned kitchen skills and food preparation. A typical day was a lunch rush for a couple hours then a relaxed pace throughout the day. My favorite part was getting to know customers and make conversation.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Freebirds World Burrito. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9