Freebirds World Burrito Employee Reviews in United States

Terrible
FOH/BOH (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 20, 2016
Management is a nightmare which is unfortunate because the customers and coworkers are so cool. They make you work outside of your set hours and you have to beg for breaks even after 5+ hours. Unprofessional and cruel.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
no free food, management
Great place to work, great management, helpful staff
Front of House Staff (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 4, 2016
Two shifts to choose from in the morning and afternoon, very flexible with hours, pay was adequate. Management was exceptional. They made you feel welcome from day one. Staff would bond with each other. Also, bonding with kids and allowing for parents to feel comfortable bringing them in for care during their workout
always looking forward to going to work.
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Turlock, CAJune 1, 2016
atmosphere was always live and uplifting. employees were well taken care of on top of management being very responsive.
Fun place , freedom of expression, easy to work, great food
shift manager (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TXApril 16, 2016
I worked at this company for 3 years and always enjoyed working in the care free environment. Managers were the same age as me and able to run the store. Most of the managers work with you and your lifestyle. Having the full weekend off can be hard unless they have a full staff. You will not be guaranteed 40 hours a week and 8 hour shifts, it's best to be in school or use as a part time job. Their making a lot of changes to be more appealing to conservative people. The food is good but becoming more expensive so customers continually yell at you about how things use to be. The hourly pay depends on the location, if they favor you, and experience. It's easy to move up especially if your available for all shifts.
Pros
Fun environment, young and older people, good locations
Cons
unstable management, pay isn't worth it
Great Job
MANAGER IN TRAINING (Former Employee) –  Semla, TXApril 16, 2016
This is an excellent job. I loved working here. Its a great atmosphere and I recommend to anyone that wants to apply. The food is cooked fresh daily, the music is relaxing and you get to be you while making other people happy.
n/a
Shift Manager/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXFebruary 17, 2016
I would go in and open the restaurant on time. The most enjoyable part of my day was with my regular guest that came in. My coworkers were awesome. But not everyone was treated equally.
Great atmosphere and opportunities.
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXDecember 9, 2015
Fun work place where there's always something to do. Colleagues become more like family than work buddies. Hard to progress in some regions, only because people don't want to leave.
Pros
Casual dress attire, laid back vibe, room for growth
Cons
Communication between management/employees could be better
Fun enviroment
Team Lead/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CANovember 30, 2015
Freebirds was an absolute enjoyable place to work. Always meeting new people and hearing customers stories while preparing their food. The restaurant allowed you the freedom to express who you really are.
Pros
Fun, energetic
Cons
Not a lot of hours
Fun work environment, although not the greatest place for growth.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 4, 2015
A typical day (When you were lucky enough to get hours), consisted of a fun work environment, awesome coworkers, cool music, and a casual dress code. Cleaning was always a big priority so much time was spent just touching up clean jobs, and prepping food in between customers.
Management was fair, but a little tightly wound, but would always try to help us when they could.
Due to the less than heavy traffic hours were scarce unless you were a supervisor or manager, but we got by.
All in all id love to work for a busier location.
3.5/5
Pros
Great discount, fun environment
Cons
Short breaks, scarce hours
Fun Workplace
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 27, 2015
It was a fun work environment with good people. There always was a rush at lunch and dinner, bringing in plenty of customers. The management put me in charge of the cash register and the system wasn't too confusing or hard to handle. Everything ran smoothly and the cookies/brownies were excellent.
Pros
Discounted lunches
Cons
Having to pay for lunches
Good
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Shawnee, KSOctober 14, 2015
had a great time learned a lot of tactical knowledge and managing skills. was excited to come back home how is this not twenty words yet
Good Atmosphere
Tribe Member and Runner (Former Employee) –  Hurst, TXSeptember 19, 2015
Good place for a first job. Low pay but everyone is really chill and fun to work with. They allow for a flexible schedule. The atmosphere has been changed somewhat with a change in corporate management and have become more like Chipotle in some ways. Food pricesare discounted for employees but are not free
o Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LASeptember 15, 2015
Great place to work, employees are extremely nice, willing to work with you. Prepare to be slammed with customers in a lunch and dinner rush. But this company is definitely worth working for.
Pros
50% off employee meals
Got to be free to be your self
cashier (Former Employee) –  san jose caAugust 11, 2015
Working with different types of people was fun we got to dress in your own clothes wasn't judge about our tattoos or the color of our hair. we worked hard as a team some of us became close. the manager was young and rude just power hungry no one liked working with her. Some of the customers loved the vibe it wasn't for all the elder coward had a problem with the music to loud. it was one of the funniest job I enjoyed working at.
Pros
great fresh food
Cons
manager was not a good person to work with
Oversee day to day operations of six restaurants in given area.
Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  TexasJuly 28, 2015
Good company. Good people. Management still has a lot to learn. They are very proud of being a Texas concept. They are exceptionally proud of being based on Austin.
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Marina del Rey, CAJuly 12, 2015
hectic. more busy than slow but we do have good sales. the company and management expect too much for the pay..I work the line the grill and the register, as well as wash dishes when needed.
Pros
Free dress
Cons
don't pay enough
cool place to work
Crew (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAJune 24, 2015
upbeat and friendly staff always greeted with a smile and hello when you enter the building. never a dull moment in this establishment
relaxed company to work for loved this job
Team Lead/ cashier (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 26, 2015
this job has had to be one of the best and funnest jobs I have ever had. loved the work and environment and loved the style. was easy to learn and catch on
Fun place to work
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 7, 2015
Freebirds is a really good company to work for. I recommend it to anyone who is in High School or College needing a part time job.
Pros
Good food with great discounts
Cons
when its busy its BUSY
Enjoyed working as a remote sales manager
Catering Sales/Area Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 6, 2015
I spent my mornings working with current and new clients and communicated current information to 8 restaurant GM's & AGM's and spent the afternoon hours marketing. Cold Calling was a challenge, but setting up appointments for Sample Presentations was the key to my success and put me in contact with the decision makers. Operating remotely and independently allowed me the time to complete daily tasks and to build client relationships and exceed their needs.
Pros
To work as a remote sales manager
Cons
Being "On-Call" 24/7

2.8