Freed-Hardeman University

Freed-Hardeman University Employee Reviews

Great place with books I could enjoy while on the job.
Phonathon Correspondent (Former Employee), Henderson, TNJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: free snacks, coffee on hand, reliable workflow
Cons: short breaks.
They were random hours, but I mostly worked during the afternoon. I would do many tasks including moving shelves and books, open and close the library, help students study, check out and organize books, recycle books, decorate and plan for events. I learned the true meaning of being organized and knowing how to handle situations without getting stressed. The management was good, they were very thorough about what jobs needed to be done and if you were working. I usually worked alone, but whenever co-workers came in, we worked well together and we got a lot of tasks done before our hours were done. The hardest part of my job was making sure that the books were in place and no one would mess them up whenever you left. The most enjoyable part of my work was getting to plan most of the events and decorating or cooking for those events. I also enjoyed that I was able to get coffee when I needed it.
Good environment with great people, but not well managed.
Graphic Designer and Photographer (Current Employee), Henderson, TNJune 5, 2014
My day usually included design work and possibly photographing an event or setting up a photo shoot. My design work expanded incredibly, but the management could have been better.
Relaxed and casual workplace
Telemarketer (Former Employee), Henderson, TNJune 1, 2014
Working as a telemarketer taught me social skills, telephone communication skills, and customer service techniques. I learned to communicate different ideas to varying types of people via telecommunication. This job taught me self-control by practicing keeping my opinion to myself while talking over the phone with difficult callers. This job also taught me how to be more persuasive in my communication skills and getting my point across quickly while maintaining rapport with callers.
Productive workplace
Facilities Worker (Former Employee), Henderson, TNNovember 28, 2013
Pros: you can take breaks when needed.
Cons: working in the heat.
I have learned that there is so much satisfaction in completing the task. So focusing on what you are doing and staying determined is a huge thing. But also you need your co- workers to achieve tasks.

The hardest part was working under intense heat conditions, but it also tested the character and attitude you had.
Meet and mentor students.
Perkins Loan Collections Officer (Former Employee), Henderson, TNOctober 27, 2013
I had the chance to meet a lot of new people. I was given the chance to mentor students and give advice to parents.
Productive and easy going.
Phonathon Team Member Caller (Former Employee), Henderson, TNSeptember 25, 2013
I was able to get most homework done while being able to provide courteous customer service.
Costume, Hair/Makeup Manager (Current Employee), Henderson, TNMay 13, 2013
A lot of work gets done and it is always done with excellence and efficiency. Quality of work is always above standards for the size of school. Co-workers and friendly and extremely helpful. Sometimes the work can seem overwhelming, but if you communicate your concerns there is always someone there to lend a hand.
Students, faculty, staff with old-fashion, biblical values.
Professor Emeritus (Former Employee), Henderson, TNApril 28, 2013
Pros: religious fervor
Cons: administrators are managers, not leaders.
I loved working there because of the sharing of life-values among the employees and the students; I did not realize how much I valued that factor until some 3 years after retiring from that institution.
Easy job
Resident Assistant (Former Employee), Henderson, TNJuly 10, 2012
Resident Assistant job was simple. I had to check on 1 floor of girls each night of the week and make sure they were there.
Fun interaction with Alumni and Friends
Student Development Officer (Former Employee), Henderson, TNMay 19, 2012
Pros: we could work four hours everyday, three days a week
* Calling Alumni and Friends about the school
* How to communicate effectively with people
* Very professional and encouraging
* My co-workers made working fun and enjoyable
* Trying to communicate with rude people
* Learning about the people I call

About Freed-Hardeman University

Henderson Colleges Overview. Reviews and information about the top colleges in Henderson, Tennessee. Find the right college for – Read more