Freed-Hardeman University Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Administrative Assistant - Nursing Department
Administrative Assistant - Department of Nursing (Current Employee) –  Henderson, TNApril 11, 2016
It is a great working environment. The Faculty are wonderful and easy to work with. The job included general secretarial work such as filing, working with computers, working with Faculty and students, and maintaining general office organization.
Great place to learn on the job experience as a student
Sports Information Assistant (Former Employee) –  Henderson, TNJanuary 28, 2016
The radio station was a place where I could develop my skills while earning credit for my degree. They gave me freedom to create my own sports talk show as well as commentating basketball games.
An incredible learning experience
Student Assistant to the Athletic Trainer (Former Employee) –  Henderson, TNJuly 21, 2015
This job was a part of my financial aid, it coincided perfectly with my major, I was able to put all the things I had learned in the classroom into practice.There was no such thing as a typical day, everyday was different depending on injuries that occurred, game days, practice schedules, etc. I was blessed to be surrounded by a great boss, friendly co-workers and many other people who wanted to help me succeed. The hardest part of the job was not always knowing if or when I would be working that day (hours changed depending on the athletic team's practices and games), the uncertainty and inconsistency was an adjustment.The most enjoyable part of the job were the game days, where I got to see the athletes put their great talent and hard work to use and knowing that I had helped them get there. I loved interacting with the athletes, and the people I worked for and with, it was a fun place to work and a very rewarding experience.
Pros
I throughly enjoyed this job
Cons
No set/dependable schedule
Pleasant place to work
Circulation Desk (Current Employee) –  Henderson, TNMay 25, 2015
A typical day consisted of helping customers with whatever they needed. I learned how to operate different types of machinery and electronics. The management was very good. I didn't really see many of my co-workers, but those that I did encounter were pleasant to be around. The hardest part of the job was shelf-reading. The most enjoyable part of the job was checking out books.
Pros
lunch break, reading books, checking out books
Cons
long time on feet, shelving books
Great place with books I could enjoy while on the job.
Phonathon Correspondent (Former Employee) –  Henderson, TNJanuary 16, 2015
They were random hours, but I mostly worked during the afternoon. I would do many tasks including moving shelves and books, open and close the library, help students study, check out and organize books, recycle books, decorate and plan for events. I learned the true meaning of being organized and knowing how to handle situations without getting stressed. The management was good, they were very thorough about what jobs needed to be done and if you were working. I usually worked alone, but whenever co-workers came in, we worked well together and we got a lot of tasks done before our hours were done. The hardest part of my job was making sure that the books were in place and no one would mess them up whenever you left. The most enjoyable part of my work was getting to plan most of the events and decorating or cooking for those events. I also enjoyed that I was able to get coffee when I needed it.
Pros
free snacks, coffee on hand, reliable workflow
Cons
short breaks.
Relaxed and casual workplace
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Henderson, TNJune 1, 2014
Working as a telemarketer taught me social skills, telephone communication skills, and customer service techniques. I learned to communicate different ideas to varying types of people via telecommunication. This job taught me self-control by practicing keeping my opinion to myself while talking over the phone with difficult callers. This job also taught me how to be more persuasive in my communication skills and getting my point across quickly while maintaining rapport with callers.
Good environment with great people, but not well managed.
Graphic Designer and Photographer (Current Employee) –  Henderson, TNJune 5, 2014
My day usually included design work and possibly photographing an event or setting up a photo shoot. My design work expanded incredibly, but the management could have been better.
Productive workplace
Facilities Worker (Former Employee) –  Henderson, TNNovember 28, 2013
I have learned that there is so much satisfaction in completing the task. So focusing on what you are doing and staying determined is a huge thing. But also you need your co- workers to achieve tasks.

The hardest part was working under intense heat conditions, but it also tested the character and attitude you had.
Pros
you can take breaks when needed.
Cons
working in the heat.
Fun interaction with Alumni and Friends
Student Development Officer (Former Employee) –  Henderson, TNMay 19, 2012
* Calling Alumni and Friends about the school
* How to communicate effectively with people
* Very professional and encouraging
* My co-workers made working fun and enjoyable
* Trying to communicate with rude people
* Learning about the people I call
Pros
we could work four hours everyday, three days a week
Costume, Hair/Makeup Manager (Current Employee) –  Henderson, TNMay 13, 2013
A lot of work gets done and it is always done with excellence and efficiency. Quality of work is always above standards for the size of school. Co-workers and friendly and extremely helpful. Sometimes the work can seem overwhelming, but if you communicate your concerns there is always someone there to lend a hand.
Students, faculty, staff with old-fashion, biblical values.
Professor Emeritus (Former Employee) –  Henderson, TNApril 28, 2013
I loved working there because of the sharing of life-values among the employees and the students; I did not realize how much I valued that factor until some 3 years after retiring from that institution.
Pros
religious fervor
Cons
administrators are managers, not leaders.
Easy job
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Henderson, TNJuly 10, 2012
Resident Assistant job was simple. I had to check on 1 floor of girls each night of the week and make sure they were there.
Meet and mentor students.
Perkins Loan Collections Officer (Former Employee) –  Henderson, TNOctober 27, 2013
I had the chance to meet a lot of new people. I was given the chance to mentor students and give advice to parents.
Productive and easy going.
Phonathon Team Member Caller (Former Employee) –  Henderson, TNSeptember 25, 2013
I was able to get most homework done while being able to provide courteous customer service.

4.5