Freedman Seating Company Employee Reviews

A solid company but
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 8, 2017
A solid company but needs to provide more opportunity for employees to grow skills.which only allow employee limited earnings .the company continues to try and improve their product.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
No opportunity given to obtain skills in other equipment used.
fun workspace with easy tasks
Full Time employee (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 13, 2017
This job was pretty straight forward. I would clock in and start sanding down the metal sheet panels. Sometimes I would have to work under pressure to finish the panels on time.
Pros
Free food at times, clean environment, health benefits
Cons
short breaks
good place to get experience
Robotic Welder (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 21, 2017
It is a good place for someone new to manufacturing to get experience. For someone who has been in manufacturing at other companies it can be very frustrating and the pay for most jobs is not the best.
Pros
for the most part very good people to work for/with.
Cons
at times a lot of infighting
Horrible for welders...High Turnover because of pay.
Production Welder (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 25, 2016
This is the first time i ever posted on a company, the worst company i ever worked for ..Pay is awful for welders ! they want a lot for very little money and only hispanics in management positions.They pay sucks because they always have folks they can pay cheaper ..This isn't a job for real welders ...you just running stringer welds vertical ..welds dont even have to look good that's why pay sucks ! Mostlly production is putting toghter as many seats as possible.No room ever for promotion with the Hispanic clique in company from HR to production..Mostly ex-cons they give the jobs so they can pay cheap for the work.
This company is a joke
Welder (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 10, 2016
I worked for 3 months there what a waste of time i programmed robotic welder.and welded mig they told me 12 dollars starting and after 3 months provation you get a substantial raise the praised my work but would only give me. 50 cent raise they exploit people company is a joke in their wages and management
Cons
Do NOT Recommend! Please do your Research..
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 2, 2016
"Good Ol Boy" company culture. Promotions and bonuses are based upon who you know and not On performance. H.R Dept. Is by far the worst when dealing with employees and conducting business in a professional manner. Management is not on the same page and constantly pointing fingers among each other. Last but not least the location is high in crime. Employees have experienced car theft and had their vehicles broken into on various occasions.
Pros
There is no micromanaging when doing the job.
Cons
Location is not safe, poor leadership, low moral
Terrible
Welder (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 1, 2016
If you don't have any friends or family that already work there don't bother. It is by far the most unfair and biased work environment I have ever experienced. Most of the people in management lacks knowledge and the ability to deal with employees in an effective manner and they are not held accountable because of who they know.
Pros
Cons
Favoritism, incompetence, toxic working environment
Fast paste and fun enviroment.
Gluer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 5, 2015
It has the potential of being a great job to start a career in. There is a lot a favoritism if you are Hispanic. Doesn't give you much of the opportunity to have a life outside of work considering the hours you work.
Pros
Great pay rate, benefits and Advancements
Cons
Favoritism, NO job security
Production welding in an high paced enviornment
Welder (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 2, 2014
Analyze and finalize different projects according to blueprints. Its a very comfortable place with coworkers that make it workable.
Manufacturing
HR Generalist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 16, 2014
Overall good company but I want growth. Good location and great coworkers.
Should have stayed
Senior Engineer (Former Employee) –  ChicagoMarch 26, 2014
I left for greener pastures only to find out the grass is not always greener. Fast paced environment with constant changes based on customer requests. Family owned and operated and they care about their employees. I left to pursue advancement in large corporation only to determine that I lost a lot of responsibility and freedom to make decision
Pros
Caring environment, fast paced, continual improvement
Cons
Some of tenured management can be set in ways at times making it difficult to move forward
productive and rewarding
Warehouse manager / field technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 29, 2013
Load truck,Deliver product,interact with customer on any complaints or concerns,inspect product on production line for installation concerns,Go over any questions from management team,hardest part of the job was getting parts shipped in a timely fashion to the customer, the most enjoyable time was solving problems for the customer that seemed impossible to complete in a timely fashion.I only had co workers when needed to help accomplish a big project, I would have to say I learned a great deal of patients working with customer associates on the production line, my management team was based in chicago but was very supportive of me.
Pros
yearly bonus
Cons
health care
To have fun with the fabrics.
Manager Assistant of Sewing Dept (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 28, 2013
To have a chance to understanding people, hard work and how to be a good supervisor.
The hardest part of job is how to due with employees.
The most enjoyable part of the job is how to make the goal very high and received the bonus.
Pros
friendly employees.
Cons
closed house.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Freedman Seating Company. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9