Freedom Boat Club Employee Reviews

relaxed
deck hand (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLSeptember 5, 2017
we had loads of fun working here. the staff is fun and outgoing and the job itself is outgoing and fun. i would recommend this job to anyone that loves fishing and having a good time.
Great environment to work in
Dock Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLAugust 19, 2017
If you enjoy working outdoors, being around boats and the water this is the perfect job. They have a great facility and many convenient locations throughout the U.S.
Pros
Great customers
Cons
long days in the sun
Love this place
Social Media Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Tarpon Springs, FLJuly 3, 2017
Great company to work for! Love the people and got to travel. I love boats! I learned a lot from this company and I'd love to go back to this company if I could.
Pros
Lunches, Learning, Boats
marine mechanic
Marine Technician (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLApril 6, 2017
great place to work for someone looking for part time work to gain experiance. compensation is not that great but hey you get to be paid to drive boats all day so who am i to complain.
Great people to work with and great benefits
Water Sport Captain (Current Employee) –  Bradenton, FLMarch 21, 2017
Highly recommended to anyone who would like to work on the water. Must enjoy talking with people and being out in the sun. Smooth operation and welcoming employees.
Well run company
East Dennis, MA-Membership Executive, Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Dennis, MAJune 16, 2015
A great company to work for. Schedule always accurate.
If everyone did their job during their shift the job ran seamlessly.
Being on the water every day was a treat.
Captain/Instructor
Captain / Instructor (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLNovember 1, 2014
Working here is amazing and I wish I could make it a career. The environment and atmosphere is amazing with amazing people.
Rewarding work while enjoying wonderful clients and co-wokers.
Head Dock master, Fort Myers Beach Location (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers BeachSeptember 30, 2014
I rarely came to work with less than a big smile on my face. Working in this industry near to my heart was both challenging and rewarding. The people I have had the pleasure to work with and to serve as customers were the best. One of my duties as lead dock manager was to resolve problems as they occured on the dock. It allowed me to aquire skills in quick but accurate decision making. If a boat was stranded while out, it was my decision on how to best handle it's recovery both safely and econonically. I did not find any part of this position to be particularly difficult other than possibly the heat in the middle of the summer. Ten hour work days in the heat and humidity found me a little beat the end of the day. But I was always refreshed and ready to go the next. I enjoyed the responsibility I was given at the club and was always backed by the management in the decisions I made.
Pros
Working independantly, casual atmosphere.
Cons
Hot summer days, it's Florida!
Abc
Customer Service/ Dock Manager (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Point Pleasant, NJJune 19, 2014
A typical day consisted of preparing food for costumers and taking orders.
fun
Dock Hand/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 4, 2012
fun place to work and you never really have to many days that are the same and its nice to get to interact with the members
Pros
tips
Another great place on the water.
Dock Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville Beach, FLJuly 5, 2012
This was a great place to work. More hands on with the boats. Set up member reservations, was in charge of detailing and making work orders for service on up to 15 boats and 5 yachts. I would train the new members on the single engine and twin engine vessels. Safety inspections prior to every departure and damage inspection upon every return. This is where I learned how to drive and operate boats of man sizes, single and twin engine. Management was not bad but wasn't great. Communication was lacking. Co-workers were great and work very hard to maintain the company. We were constantly on-call for any emergency situations involving the boats. The hardest part of the job was the long hours and the constantly being on-call. My most enjoyable part of the job was the perks when you were off. You had access to any available vessel on your days off to take you and your friends or family out for a fun day on the water. The money wasn't bad either.
Pros
great scenery, awesome boating perks, and i learned a lot about boats.
Cons
shady management/owner, company bought out, long hours; on-call 24-7