Freedom Disability Employee Reviews

Defunct company
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 7, 2016
Freedom disability started off wit a wonderful idea to assist folk with the claims for Disability. However the multiple changes in upper management undermined the company and finally led to the end of the company
Pros
Helping people
Cons
Out of Business
specialist
Hearing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Shelton, CTMay 13, 2016
best part was assisting people in getting Social Security benefits
worked with people to get cases ready for hearings to Social Security Disability adjudicated judges
Cons
company no longer in business
Temporary position
Medical Record Keeping (Former Employee) –  Shelton, CTOctober 20, 2015
Great Job, phone work, independently working.; Gathering records. Great Staff. Very helpful. Training was available. Great hours.
Pros
Great staff
Great working for the State of Fla benefits wise.
Disability Advocate (Former Employee) –  Miami Lakes, FLJuly 8, 2015
Great package of benefits but salaries and increases not according to what was required of having a Bachelor's Degree.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Small salaries
Learned alot!
Disability Advocate (Current Employee) –  Shelton, CTMarch 2, 2015
A typical day involves contact with claimants, preparing cases for hearing, requesting medical records and correspondence with both the Social Security Administration and the Office of Disability Adjudication and Review. I learned a great deal about the social security disability appeals process and how to properly prepare and manage cases.
Horrible Place--Negative Environment
Advocate Specialist (Current Employee) –  Shelton, CTFebruary 19, 2015
It's nice to see management taking the time to write an absolutely glowing review as if it came from someone working there stating it's a wonderful place to work because those still there are terrified of losing their jobs. At this time there is a lawsuit against the co and a not too bright manager who was forced to give notice. Incompetence rains supreme at Freedom Disability. There is no need to keep either Shelton or Miami Lakes offices open. The co is totally, totally bankrupt. Why are they interviewing an advocate's daughter for a job and why are some employees who gave notice told not to leave until next month?? Smoke screens is all they have. Unfortunately working at this job wasn't very enjoyable, especially not very bright management who takes their salaries and forcing employees to leave and others staying who have little to no qualifications and no real jobs on a daily basis. Very sad, sad, sad................Close your doors Already!!!!!!!!!! Don't prolong the agony!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Productive and Enjoyable Environment
Representative (Former Employee) –  Shelton, CTFebruary 18, 2015
I look forward to going to work, learned so much about SSA and the process. There is truly a great group of people to work with there.
Pros
Atmosphere
application review
Hearing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Miami Lakes, FLFebruary 15, 2015
filed social security applications, drafted documents, researched social security cases, and liaison between the Office of Disability Adjudication and Review.
Best job in my employment history
Disability Advocate, Paralegal Hearing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Shelton, CTFebruary 8, 2015
Freedom is an amazing place to work. The people from upper management to bottom of the totem pole are incredible to work with. The job is fast paced, somewhat demanding and can be stressful, however the overall atmosphere is warm and inviting. The company goes above and beyond any other employers I have worked for to show praise for a job well done, constantly having contests or things to boost morale. Unfortunately with the economy being such that it is, the world of Social Security Disability Advocates is struggling and our company will be forced to close soon.
A Small Business with Big Heart
Disability Advocate (Former Employee) –  Shelton, CTJanuary 14, 2015
As a Disability Advocate with Freedom Disability, the typical day starts (and ends) with a full assessment - in order to efficiently prioritize tasks. Tasks which include interviews, document fulfillment, phone calls, and department meetings. This position provided me the opportunity to become a strong and successful multi-tasker within an administrative setting. Ownership and management regularly provides planned events in order for employees to enjoy coworkers. The most difficult part of being a disability advocate is the balance needed to fully empathize with claimants while maintaining the professionalism needed in building strong client rapport. I most enjoyed assisting the those disabled adults who would have otherwise "given up" on the long and grueling application process for benefits.
Pros
Monthly company wide Birthday Bagels
Cons
Healthcare carrier frequently changed
Great atmosphere
Disability Advocate (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZAugust 3, 2014
Worked at Freedom Disability in Mesa Arizona for 4 years. This was the best job I have ever had. The decison to leave was not easy. My manager was caring and approachable. I could have not asked for a better group of co workers.
Pros
Caring and supportive manager
Cons
Company is very unorganized
Comfortable setting
Hearing Claims Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Miami Lakes, FLMay 30, 2014
Passive environment, great co-workers. Hardest part was trying to maintain communication between corporate offc and our branch offc. Most enjoyable was the environment and team work between coworkers.
Social Security Advocate
Disability Advocate (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZMay 27, 2014
I enjoy speaking with my claimants and updating their information to give to DDS and or SSA. I have learned so much of how the social security disability program works. I am a very organized person so case management which is crucial in this position comes naturally.
Pros
Getting your claimants approved
Worst place to work for
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Shelton, CTMarch 24, 2014
A typical day of work is numbers, numbers and more numbers. You need to meet a daily goal and management is awful to work with. They never communicate with there employees and barely introduce them to other co-workers. They never introduce other people to other departments within the same building. HR is horrible, they are very not personable with people outside there little circle. Always making people on edge. The only enjoyable part of working here is that you dress casual and get to listen to music while working. Hardest part working there is that they barely train you on anything. They only train people by other people.
Pros
People who you work with
Cons
Not an ideal place to work
Claims Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Shelton, CTMarch 22, 2014
Freedom Disability was not my ideal place to work. The managers micromanaged and had their favorites. They were very stingy on giving raises but always had promotions and new hires. Focused solely on people making their numbers with never acknowledging us for our hard work-rarely giving a smile "thank you". Communications was always the worst!
Freedom Disability
Hearing Specialist/Disability Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Shelton, CTFebruary 13, 2014
a typical work day consists of managing over 250 cases with regards to disability benefits. providing excellent customer service and maintaining files.
Productive and gratifying.
Disability Advocate (Former Employee) –  Miami Lakes, FLDecember 3, 2013
I truly enjoy working with people. Helping people who need assistance is personally fulfilling and gratifying. Working with such a great knowledgeable team makes work even more enjoyable. If anyone needed help or had questions, my co workers and I were always willing to jump in and help each other.
Pros
Advocating for people that need assistance.
productive work place
Disability Representative (Former Employee) –  Shelton, CTSeptember 21, 2013
typically my day started with morning briefing, schedule of commercials being run throughout the day. Answering phones and determining if client qualified for assistance with disability case. Making outreach calls to health plan members
Pros
hours worked
Cons
no consistant lunch schedule
Great company
Claims Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Shelton, CTFebruary 15, 2013
what this company provides is definitly needed and is very helpful to those who qualify for their services.
I enjoyed my job and my coworkers, manager
Claims Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Shelton, CTOctober 23, 2012
I liked working at Freedom Disability and it was a company that helped people with and without military back ground to to get their social security benefits. The hardest part about the job is when I did followup calls a claimant might have died and I was not aware of that but I was very syphamty to claimants family or spouse

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Freedom Disability. Our community is ready to answer.

2.1