Freedom Disability

Freedom Disability Employer Reviews

Comfortable setting
Hearing Claims Coordinator (Former Employee), Miami Lakes, FLMay 30, 2014
Passive environment, great co-workers. Hardest part was trying to maintain communication between corporate offc and our branch offc. Most enjoyable was the environment and team work between coworkers.
Social Security Advocate
Disability Advocate (Former Employee), Mesa, AZMay 27, 2014
Pros: getting your claimants approved
I enjoy speaking with my claimants and updating their information to give to DDS and or SSA. I have learned so much of how the social security disability program works. I am a very organized person so case management which is crucial in this position comes naturally.
Worst place to work for
Customer Service (Former Employee), Shelton, CTMarch 24, 2014
Pros: people who you work with
Cons: everything
A typical day of work is numbers, numbers and more numbers. You need to meet a daily goal and management is awful to work with. They never communicate with there employees and barely introduce them to other co-workers. They never introduce other people to other departments within the same building. HR is horrible, they are very not personable with people – more... outside there little circle. Always making people on edge. The only enjoyable part of working here is that you dress casual and get to listen to music while working. Hardest part working there is that they barely train you on anything. They only train people by other people. – less
Not an ideal place to work
Claims Coordinator (Former Employee), Shelton, CTMarch 22, 2014
Freedom Disability was not my ideal place to work. The managers micromanaged and had their favorites. They were very stingy on giving raises but always had promotions and new hires. Focused solely on people making their numbers with never acknowledging us for our hard work-rarely giving a smile "thank you". Communications was always the worst!
Freedom Disability
Hearing Specialist/Disability Paralegal (Current Employee), Shelton, CTFebruary 13, 2014
a typical work day consists of managing over 250 cases with regards to disability benefits. providing excellent customer service and maintaining files.
Productive and gratifying.
Disability Advocate (Former Employee), Miami Lakes, FLDecember 3, 2013
Pros: advocating for people that need assistance.
I truly enjoy working with people. Helping people who need assistance is personally fulfilling and gratifying. Working with such a great knowledgeable team makes work even more enjoyable. If anyone needed help or had questions, my co workers and I were always willing to jump in and help each other.
productive work place
Disability Representative (Former Employee), Shelton, CTSeptember 21, 2013
Pros: hours worked
Cons: no consistant lunch schedule
typically my day started with morning briefing, schedule of commercials being run throughout the day. Answering phones and determining if client qualified for assistance with disability case. Making outreach calls to health plan members
Great company
Claims Coordinator (Former Employee), Shelton, CTFebruary 15, 2013
what this company provides is definitly needed and is very helpful to those who qualify for their services.
I enjoyed my job and my coworkers, manager
Claims Coordinator (Former Employee), Shelton, CTOctober 23, 2012
I liked working at Freedom Disability and it was a company that helped people with and without military back ground to to get their social security benefits. The hardest part about the job is when I did followup calls a claimant might have died and I was not aware of that but I was very syphamty to claimants family or spouse
You are only as valuable as the next guy
Former Screener (Former Employee), Shelton, CTJune 29, 2012
Pros: they ocassionaly will treat you to pizza.
Cons: pay, management, lack of direction, etc.
This place is all over the place. I was previously employed with this organization for two years. In the two years I was employed, there were so many different "directions" the company took that it was easy to forget what you were doing. The screening department is treated like customer service, the advocates/hearings people are treated like they are – more... customer service, meanwhile the supervisors are micromanagers who put the work on thier subordinates. If its something good, they take the credit...if it sucks they blame people. They basically force you to submit poor applications (ones that you know wont get approved) just so you can collect a extra $10.
Dont let them trick you into thinking you are valuable, they will lay you off (like they did over 70 people, many of which were my friends) then outsource the jobs to Arizona and Miami.
This company needs to make over 500,000,000 a month to make profit, something they havent done since April 2011. Do what I did and start working for Binder and Binder. – less

July 20, 2012

I have been employed with Freedom Disability for quite a while now. Despite all the changes that have taken place in the past 2 years, I can certainly say that this company has broadened my knowledge of the business and has given me the opportunity to better and challenge myself. Over the last year the structure of the business has changed starting from the screening department all the way up to the hearings unit. The company has been restructured under new management; screeners have been promoted due to their hard work and our company is now performing better than ever. As a screener we are trained by some of the best and knowledgeable trainers to screen every claimant for eligibility and submit a quality application to SSA. Freedom Disability’s fee is on a contingency basis. We only get paid if we win your case. Although we would like to service everyone we do not have the capacity and the means to do so. I am proud to say that I work for Freedom Disability because I have the ability to change someone’s life by simply listening and obtaining benefits for those in need while providing exceptional and compassionate services to everyone.

August 22, 2012

Is it just me, or is that comment by FREEDOM something that reads like it came out of the employee handbook? LOL. This company actually has people that go over the internet making sure that people arent badmouthing the company online.

Work at home
Remote Disability Eligibility Screener (Former Employee), Shelton, CTApril 10, 2012
It was a nice place to work for work/life balance. The work at home set up was ideal and enjoyable. Working to get the underdogs of the world help from social security and the VA felt good.
Great place to work, down to earth management.
Claims Coordinator (Former Employee), Shelton, CTFebruary 25, 2012
Very flexible with work hours and lots of room for growth. The position was very challenging and I learned a lot regarding social security rules, regulations and guidelines.