Freedom Equity Group Employee Reviews

you choose your income
Regional Manager, Sales (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNDecember 22, 2017
You are an independent sales/advisor of financial products. These products provides a safety net for families in time of need. You get to set your hours whenever you want. The more you work the larger your income.

The leadership team is awesome. They will provide all guidance, assistants and wisdom to help you be successful. No one has a negative attitude. Everyone is uplifting and inspiring. If you succeed, they succeed, so they are fully vested in you.

The hardest part is getting past the first hurdles of the learning curve. Once you get there, you reap all the benefits of the freedom to make you own income, meet new people, help families prepare for a rainy day. You don't have to do it alone, you will build a team to help you do this and be paid handsomely.
Pros
flexibility, leaders, income, team
Cons
learning curve
Work at home, free leads
Sales & Recruiting (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MichiganDecember 5, 2017
Great place to work for. You are your own boss, working from home. You work with A+ rated companies and get a Laddered Commission: you are able to get a contract where you earn as much as 154%!
Pros
No cost leads, No driving around, No cold calling
Cons
You have to kiss a lot of frogs before you find a prince
Unlimited Potential
Independent Consultant (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 22, 2017
FEG is an excellent insurance marketing organization and the officers of the company are men of integrity. They always remind the agents to do the right thing for our clients. There's no limit to your earning potential, depending on your willingness to be coached and your entrepreneurial spirit. The Sacramento office has the best manager and the best training that I have experienced within FEG. You will need to take classes and get licensed by the State of CA, as this is a professional business. I love not having to "punch a time clock" every day, and I can make my own hours. If you build up your agency, you will get paid even when you take time off. Best of all, you will be helping other people, and that's a great feeling.
Pros
You own your life and make your own hours
Cons
Must be motivated and willing to be coached
Insurance Sales
Independent Financial Advisor - Part Time (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 17, 2017
You will be asked to sell insurance to your friends and family. It was touted as a job but its really an Insurances Sales Program. Pressure to invite people to weekly meetings.
Pros
Meet differnet people
Cons
Pressure to recruirt
Good company
Regional Vice President (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WISeptember 27, 2017
This is a network marketing company. You are your own boss and make up your own hours. You have a mentor who is there to guide you along the way but ultimately you are your own boss.
Typical Life Insurance
Independent Contractor, Life Insurance (Current Employee) –  Fitchburg, MAJune 21, 2017
I really like the independence that this job provides but the over all training and mentorship when you fist come aboard could be worked on. The pay is very good as well.
Great Company
Insurance Agent, RVP (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 8, 2017
Great place to call home as an Contracted Insurance Agent. If you do not mind working 100% commission then this would be the place to be. Great products and great support.
Pros
Income potential is endless
Cons
The risk of working 100% commission
fun placewhen we all meet
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 15, 2017
Great company but I worked as an independent agent. The office is located to far for me to progress. This type of business works for some people but it dint work for me. I need a brick and mortar building for me to walk in and work.working remortely didn't work for me. Its great for someone who enjoys network marketing type of work.
another person this business might be good for is someone who ives in the area and has many connectios One should be prepared to spend alot of time away from the family to be able to build the business.
Pros
comissions
Cons
distance
Innovative Marketing of Financial Services
NVP - Sales/Business Development (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 1, 2017
Excellent Financial Services Firm, and the hardest part of this job is convincing individuals of the advantages/alternatives of saving money in a tax-free environment versus a tax-deferred environment.
Pros
Innovative Marketing of Financial Services
Cons
Medical Underwriting needs to be shortened
Great products and Good Quality Agents being created. Agents are developed with great mentorship on the business ethics, product training
Associate (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CAOctober 31, 2016
Freedom Equity Group is a great company to work for. It is mainly commission based and if you work hard, there will be potential income and would be able to help people with the insurance products they provide.

There is a great mentorship on leadership and product trainings. They provide the best client presentation and agent trainings at the Fairfield Office at 650 Empire Street, Suite A, Fairfield, CA 94533. There are quality agents in this office and sincerely helps the community about the Living Benefits and financial planning.
Pros
Refreshments are served.
Excellent organization to work for
National Vice President (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJanuary 28, 2016
Excellent training and mentorship, ability to manage your time, work with great products.

You must enjoy working with and helping people.
Hard work to begin. Don't start here as your 1st job in industry
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 11, 2015
Freedom Equity Group is fully commission based insurance sales. It is NOT for everyone. It is 100% commission. What you make is up to how hard you work. The leads/ source of leads are fully up to you. This is where most fail.

FEG tries to get sales representatives to call on friends/ family. Unfortunately, they are the hardest to sell.

Do not focus on friends/ family. Instead, send out some advertising and talk with people who are interested first. You will have better success.

The support of the home office is okay. Not great. Just okay.

The pay scale is set up for you to make good money if you hustle. But, like any multi level marketing scheme, those at the top really make a lot. You can get there too if you built a network but that takes time. A lot of time.

I would say the average sales person is probably earning about $50k per year here. Not bad. Not great. But, there is a lot of freedom to do what you have to do outside of work.

There are NO benefits. That's a big deal if you're just starting out and you don't have a spouse with benefits so consider that before you begin.

If you are interested in starting and learning the insurance industry, do not start here. The training here is not good. Instead, go to a mutual company or well known insurance group and learn the business. Then, move onto something like FEG.

It is sink or swim here. If you make it, you can make it big. But, most of the people here don't make it big.
Pros
Freedom, Opportunity to earn
Cons
Nothing is paid for by the company, 100% commission, no benefits
Great company to appoint with if you know about finance and insurance
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMarch 29, 2015
You will need to have a strong background in finance and insurance to launch successfully. Word of advise: do not strictly rely on your "upline".
Pros
Free starbucks and product training
Cons
Immediate management and leadership
Productive workplace with lots of new things to learn on the job
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Vacaville, CASeptember 24, 2013
A typical day consists of filing, data entry, organizing around the office, and making packets. I learned little things about the life insurance industry and could help talk to potential clients about it. The management was good and was flexible with my schedule. The hardest part of the job is trying to keep up with insurance terms. The most enjoyable part of the job is the easy work environment.
Pros
free lunch, flexible hours
Cons
not many days a week scheduled
My income from FEG is how I support my family. Great Opportunity!
ENVP (Current Employee) –  Fairfield CAJuly 30, 2013
Freedom Equity Group business provides for my family. It allowed me to develop a 60 people workforce in my business within 6 months. No franchise fees, No overhead, No business registration fees... just my regular gas, toll and business promotion expenses. I love the work life balance which I control. Income is contingent to how hard you work and it does payoff big time.

The biggest challenge is self-discipline. You should not get lazy even when you make great monthly income. Because the following months will depend on the activity and business you write today.
Pros
All expenses paid Trip Rewards when you meet volume contests!
Being an independent agent, there was complete freedom of movement except for the expectations on how much production has been made.
Sales representative  (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 3, 2013
Strictly business and serious workplace alwaysl; knowledgeable executive officer and well-experienced. Most enjoybale part of the work is the writing up of clients and of course, issuance of payments;
hardest part is identification and acceptance of chosen product.
Pros
Snacks during meetings and training.
Cons
Changing places of office.
creative fast paced
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 23, 2013
It was an expirience for sure. The contratror i worked for showed me how to be a Spittfire in all that I do. He showed me about keywords to use to make someone feel at comfortable. How one must change approach or body lenguage depending on personality and background.
Pros
grat pay
Cons
cross country travel weeks at a time
Independent Sales without training..
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 9, 2012
How are you supposed to learn the products through a weekly unorganized webinar/teleconference? Unfortunately or fortunately, we do not all learn the same. The person who trained me had more questions than answers. When I decided to move on to a company who offered training (so I would not be disservicing the client), the company refused to release me. I decided to move on with or without them releasing me/raising a stink, decided to move away from insurance.

The organization/division that I worked in was beyond unorganized!
Pros
independent
Cons
in business by yourse and for yourself, no consistent formal training
Fun Place
Division Leader (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAMay 11, 2012
Its mostly working out in the field, i learned about many products, and wats best for the client at a very young age, my co-workers are all motivational and push me to do my best, i dont believe its a hard job, and its very enjoyable