Freedom Equity Group Employee Reviews in United States

Hard work to begin. Don't start here as your 1st job in industry
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 11, 2015
Freedom Equity Group is fully commission based insurance sales. It is NOT for everyone. It is 100% commission. What you make is up to how hard you work. The leads/ source of leads are fully up to you. This is where most fail.

FEG tries to get sales representatives to call on friends/ family. Unfortunately, they are the hardest to sell.

Do not focus on friends/ family. Instead, send out some advertising and talk with people who are interested first. You will have better success.

The support of the home office is okay. Not great. Just okay.

The pay scale is set up for you to make good money if you hustle. But, like any multi level marketing scheme, those at the top really make a lot. You can get there too if you built a network but that takes time. A lot of time.

I would say the average sales person is probably earning about $50k per year here. Not bad. Not great. But, there is a lot of freedom to do what you have to do outside of work.

There are NO benefits. That's a big deal if you're just starting out and you don't have a spouse with benefits so consider that before you begin.

If you are interested in starting and learning the insurance industry, do not start here. The training here is not good. Instead, go to a mutual company or well known insurance group and learn the business. Then, move onto something like FEG.

It is sink or swim here. If you make it, you can make it big. But, most of the people here don't make it big.
Pros
Freedom, Opportunity to earn
Cons
Nothing is paid for by the company, 100% commission, no benefits
Great company to appoint with if you know about finance and insurance
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMarch 29, 2015
You will need to have a strong background in finance and insurance to launch successfully. Word of advise: do not strictly rely on your "upline".
Pros
FREE STARBUCKS AND PRODUCT TRAINING
Cons
IMMEDIATE MANAGEMENT AND LEADERSHIP
Productive workplace with lots of new things to learn on the job
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Vacaville, CASeptember 24, 2013
A typical day consists of filing, data entry, organizing around the office, and making packets. I learned little things about the life insurance industry and could help talk to potential clients about it. The management was good and was flexible with my schedule. The hardest part of the job is trying to keep up with insurance terms. The most enjoyable part of the job is the easy work environment.
Pros
free lunch, flexible hours
Cons
not many days a week scheduled
My income from FEG is how I support my family. Great Opportunity!
ENVP (Current Employee) –  Fairfield CAJuly 30, 2013
Freedom Equity Group business provides for my family. It allowed me to develop a 60 people workforce in my business within 6 months. No franchise fees, No overhead, No business registration fees... just my regular gas, toll and business promotion expenses. I love the work life balance which I control. Income is contingent to how hard you work and it does payoff big time.

The biggest challenge is self-discipline. You should not get lazy even when you make great monthly income. Because the following months will depend on the activity and business you write today.
Pros
all expenses paid trip rewards when you meet volume contests!
Being an independent agent, there was complete freedom of movement except for the expectations on how much production has been made.
Sales representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 3, 2013
Strictly business and serious workplace alwaysl; knowledgeable executive officer and well-experienced. Most enjoybale part of the work is the writing up of clients and of course, issuance of payments;
hardest part is identification and acceptance of chosen product.
Pros
snacks during meetings and training.
Cons
changing places of office.
creative fast paced
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 23, 2013
It was an expirience for sure. The contratror i worked for showed me how to be a Spittfire in all that I do. He showed me about keywords to use to make someone feel at comfortable. How one must change approach or body lenguage depending on personality and background.
Pros
grat pay
Cons
cross country travel weeks at a time
Independent Sales without training..
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 9, 2012
How are you supposed to learn the products through a weekly unorganized webinar/teleconference? Unfortunately or fortunately, we do not all learn the same. The person who trained me had more questions than answers. When I decided to move on to a company who offered training (so I would not be disservicing the client), the company refused to release me. I decided to move on with or without them releasing me/raising a stink, decided to move away from insurance.

The organization/division that I worked in was beyond unorganized!
Pros
independent
Cons
in business by yourse and for yourself, no consistent formal training

Comment – April 4, 2013

Freedom Equity Group provides access to weekly webinars that their insurance carriers conduct. Not too mention, they provide great insight and complete instruction with various authors of books who are invited to explain many aspects on how to properly explain, structure the various programs for all types of clients. This is what I've experienced and I'm grateful

Fun Place
Division Leader (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAMay 11, 2012
Its mostly working out in the field, i learned about many products, and wats best for the client at a very young age, my co-workers are all motivational and push me to do my best, i dont believe its a hard job, and its very enjoyable

Want to know more about Freedom Equity Group?

Ask a question