Freedom Financial Network Employee Reviews

Awsome place, great staff
Head Mortgage Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Grand Blanc, MIJune 8, 2017
We had lots of laughs in between the serious times with this job, I totally loved going to work every day. There was always something new going on, a new situation with every borrower. I would still be working there if my husband hadn't retired from his job and we moved north.
Great company.
Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 6, 2017
Great company overall. New management came in and the culture of the company began to shift. Still a great place to work though. If you work hard you will make a lot of money.
Questionable ethics
Settlement Processing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 22, 2017
Work was stressful. Lots of customers are not helped by the company and are put into a worse situation than before they started the program. It was difficult telling customers that thought were done with the program that in fact they owed a lot more money to creditors.
Pros
Free lunch once a month. Contests
Cons
See above
If you want to operate in a call center like environment, this is the plave for you.
Wont say do to small departments (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 17, 2017
Relatively new at lending Freedom has a long way to go to be considered a good employer or a good lender. Their main "product" is credit repair so its very much a call center environment. 99% of management are all male and its just about impossible for any female to ever hope of being more than a team lead. They will hire a male from outside the company before promoting a female already working for them. Loan practices were questionable at best. Lending decisions left up to each individual rather than a firm set of guidelines. This leaves their sales staff extremely frustrated since they can have 2 very similar loan applications and one can come back approved and the other declined.
Pros
The staff (excluding management) was awesome to work with
Cons
Call center environment, very low salary for titles, wont promote females, questionable lending tactics
Unreachable or sustainable goals
Debt Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 13, 2017
Would not recommend this company to anyone. They have high expectations and difficult to reach goals unless you are a favored employee. the management takes care of their stars and allows the rest of the teams flounder.
Great Company
Debt Negotiator (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 4, 2017
I enjoyed working at Freedom Financial Network, Daily routines included auto dialer, Multiple outbound and inbound calls, to debtor creditors management of accounts, resolving or settling accounts and preventing bankruptcy for our customers. Required computer documentation of each call and the resolution of account, balancing of previously set up bank accounts to submit payments for debtors, negotiating skills.
Pros
Settlements, Customer relations, fast paced, Great management
Cons
No Cons
Poor Management
Sr. Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 3, 2017
Lots of favoritism, most management was awesome. My particular manager was clueless and really just preferred to be liked as opposed to being productive.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
ineffective micro-management
Disgusting, Lying Drug Addicts Win
Any (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 2, 2017
No integrity in this company. Discrimination is a problem here. Co-workers can threaten physical harm against other employees but when they approach HR with the situation. HR and management allows false allegations and actually terminate the victim in retaliation. This is the most disgusting place I have ever worked. Stay Away!
Great work environment
Negotiations (Former Employee) –  AZApril 27, 2017
Great company, create your own workflow. Work hard play hard environment. The pay isn't the best but it is overcompensated by the OT you are able to work.
This company has a serious culture problem
Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZApril 21, 2017
When you first interview with this company you will hear, time and again, about the wonderful work/life balance at Freedom. Don't believe it. The powers that be at Freedom have only one going concern: grow, grow, grow...are you growing fast enough, yet? All they care about is growing the company as fast as they can... at the expense of the well being of their employees. I've worked more overtime at this company than in my last three jobs combined. Company is growing WAY too fast for management to handle, resulting in no parking at the various work sites, constant over crowding, and stressed out employees.
Great company.
Account Executive II (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZApril 18, 2017
A great company to work for. Its in a niche market and its dominating. While working there, the atmosphere was friendly, management was understanding and work/life balance was excellent. Depending on the department you were in, there was room for growth.
Be careful with this company!!!
Account Executive II (Former Employee) –  Arizona, TempeApril 17, 2017
The company recognizes and promotes individuals who have little to no integrity. The company does not care how hard you work as long as you make the numbers. If you can find ways to cheat the system and if you are willing to do and say whatever it takes to get the client to enroll than this is the place for you. The management team has little to now experience and there is a high percentage of favoritism. I was not fired, I just could not take the environment anymore. Be careful...
Pros
High potential to make good money if you are willing to bend the rules.
Cons
Lack of integrity, poor management, difficult to take time off, small base pay, cut throat environment.
Its ok
Advocate Counselor (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZApril 3, 2017
Pleasant place to work. Nothing negative to say. My location changed so I had to leave.Comfortable environment with many friendly people and opportunity for growth,
Cons
Nice outside park to eat lunch at
Cistomer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 22, 2017
Taking inbound calls collecting funds for sub that are trying to pay there collection to other agencies. We would transfer funds from there bank account and put the funds in the company account. Once it get to a certain amount then we call the collection agencies and negotiate terms for closing the account. They work place was great working there. I enjoyed how management always made sure they were there to help if I had any questions.
Pros
Had a cafateria to eat free lunch.
Cool place to work
Negotiator (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZFebruary 16, 2017
I don't agree with everything there but, overall, not a bad place to work. No place it without its faults but Freedom is probably the best one I've been so far.
Freedom Financial
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZFebruary 2, 2017
The pros:

lots of room for advancement
the autonomy to create your own team
free lunches once a month

The cons:
little to no paid maternity leave
very little PTO
located in a run down area
Productive, Fun. and Amazin
Client Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 16, 2017
I only have two months working here and I actually enjoy coming to work EVERY morning! Everybody has a positive attitude and everyone you come across will throw you a smile and a "hello". I love that my days actually go by pretty fast and don't drag, The only downside to the job is that the breaks also go by fast, but I would rather have that then a slow day.
Pros
Free Lunches, Family Events, & Bonuses
Cons
Short Breaks
Used to be great but now it's just ok
Loan Consultant (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAJanuary 13, 2017
Freedom Financial used to be a great place to work. However, over the last few years the company has gotten larger and larger and it hasn't adapted to this growth well. Management is spread thin and quite frankly they aren't qualified anymore. Most new hires have come from larger companies which has drastically changed the culture that used to be great.

There was a time when I was proud to work for Freedom. These days, not so much. Compensation continues to be reduced, workload continues to increase, and there is virtually no career path here to speak of. As a result, I keep my resume updated now.
Pros
Company continues to be customer-centric in most cases, clear vision of the future, decent work/life balance
Cons
No career path, poor mangement, reduced compensation coupled with increase workload
Loved the job
Legal Accounts Resolution Rep. (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 6, 2017
I enjoyed the job and the people I worked with very much. Medical benefits are great. I wish it had been closer to my home. The travel time dI dnt work out for me.
Pros
Fun work inviremont
Cons
Hours not flexable
Hard work, micro managed, growing fast, call center
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE/FINANCIAL SALES (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CAJanuary 4, 2017
Fear based management

Micromanaged

Learned a lot about marketing and different marketing channels

Older systems and bad phones

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Freedom Financial Network. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9