FREEDOM HEALTH Employee Reviews

Horrible Place to work, would never recommend
Authorizations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 14, 2016
This company is horrible. Supervisors never available to assist. You email them with important information that requires a response and won't hear back for days. No opportunity for advancement because they need you in the department. Coordinators and nurses are super lazy. Things are done incorrectly 80% of the time and no one cares. The reliable staff gets stuck doing the work of everyone else with no increase in pay. Very childish and hostile environment. A bunch of mean girls, literally. Everything we do is on the computer and phone and both systems are down every other day because they are too cheap to invest in updated systems, then you have to deal with calls from irate providers. Upper management doesn't care about working smarter. Suggestions from staff are ignored. And to top it all off, the place smells horrible. Bathrooms have plumbing issues, and the building truly just needs to be destroyed and rebuilt. All the owners care about is getting rich and building mansions, not the actual staff who do the work to keep the business running.
Pros
You can do the bare minimum and still have your job
Cons
Everything else: pay, benefits, management, etc
Interesting Experience
Medical Records Imaging Associate (Field) (Former Employee) –  Lake, Sumter, Marion & Citrus Counties, FLJune 19, 2016
A typical day at work was traveling to doctor's offices, obtaining records, and uploading them into a program at the end of the day. A lot of organization and I loved it. I never seen my coworkers so that was great too.
Pros
I had an amazing boss.
Cons
No job security
very sad
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 3, 2016
i must admit that the only plus to working at Freedom is that all you have to do to keep your job, is show up. Sadly that is just about all that many there do. The nurses are lazy, management is only concerned with numbers, and the building is in deplorable conditions.
Not to say that there aren't good employees there, because there are, but what good is that when they are not valued.
Unfortunately management in some areas are totally unprofessional and allowed to talk to staff how ever they want to. Reporting it to HR is no help as they do nothing about it.

Sad that such a small company with such great potential, doesn't have the smarts to get rid of the problem staff and keep the good ones.
Pros
easy to work there
Cons
terrible to staff, terrible building conditions
great pay and great job
Medicare Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 11, 2015
• I was responsible for coordinating, managing, and completing complex and simple implementations for electronic banking systems, products and services. I reviewed client set up request and enter data to various Client Access Cash Managements systems
good
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLJuly 7, 2015
good place to learn about the medicare advantage plans. employees are motivated management is very good and helpful great stuff
Work enviroment
Senior Concierge Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 1, 2015
this is not a position in Iowa, I don't wish to review them as they are irrelevant to this area. The turn over was too high due to the lack of concern of how stressed the employees got by the Sr. VP
Pros
n/a
Cons
high turn over
Don't Believe Them....
Member Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 18, 2015
The training class was a quick two weeks, then on to a "nesting" period taking actual member calls. I sustained a horrible back injury after my first week, went into work, but had to leave due to the pain. I was terminated two days later.

I understood their reasons, as the training is so short, but the next part is what infuriated me...

Shortly after, I attempted to reapply. I received a call from a friendly recruiter, and I explained the situation I had during the previous class. She sent me an email response, after "verifying something", and informed me I could not be re-hired. She would not offer any further explanation.

You cannot reach an individual there, either. The company was presented to me as such an individual-based, caring, smaller-group than other offices. Carmen, Michael, and Sharon in recruitment all made it sound like such a good place to work. Not if this is how they respond to a person who had a mishap during their training.

If you are hired-on, after the ridiculous onboarding process, PRAY you stay healthy and avoid accidents, injuries, or any act-of-God. They will not hesitate to terminate you, and leave you out in the cold.

Most of all, DO NOT make the mistake I did by passing up another position and choosing this company. It simply isn't worth it.
Pros
Cons
see review...
Not a good place to work.
Case and Disease Management (Former Employee) –  TampaMay 15, 2015
Case manager position in reality is a numbers game.. They are only concerned with the bottom line and that is the number!! There is no true case management and this is a disservice.. You cannot time manage because management says one thing and then it changes the next day. All they look at are numbers and reports! The management team is very unorganized and tells you one thing and the next day they tell you something totally different!! Management set us up for failure as there are not enough hours in a day to humanly do this job !!! They lied about everything they said and continue to lie daily!!! Advice...RUN THE OTHER WAY!!!
Cons
antiquated management style, poor systems
Managed healthcare programs topping $1B+
Director of Operations/Project Management (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 24, 2015
• Created a utility that resolved compliance issues and ensured strict CMS deadline adherence, tracking reports in real-time, improving productivity and reducing exception reporting on user error.
• Led a major re-configuration of eHealth from a hospital oriented system to a HMO business oriented system, using both current system features and newer checks, balances and expedited tracking utility features.
• Spearheaded a well received online portal that ensured compliance to annual training requirements for employees and providers.
• Created a Disease Specific Health Assessment Tool for case management, yielding a return rate of 85% which surpassed industry standards.
Job offering process is terrible
Customer service rep (Former Employee) –  Tampa,FLMarch 6, 2015
they pre-offer you the position have you go take the drug test, sign the background check papers, and have you reference five people two being managers. I had 7 references 3 managers and 4 peers. They called and told me I was not offered the position after two weeks of waiting because one of my managers rated me average because of the questions they ask her to rate was not pertained to the job I was applying for, which I think is unfair to let one person out of seven determine your working abilities especially if you never worked in that type of environment with that manager.
Very laid back work place.
Sales Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 3, 2015
Assisted Agents with reviewing potential clients Medicare and Medicaid status for correct plan coverage. Typical days was mostly on the phones answering agents questions and assist with best solutions for plan changes, interpret plan information. The environment was very inviting and very laid back. My Team Lead was very helpful and professional about helping everyone succeed. My group accepted my work ethic with open arms.
Pros
one hour lunches, 8-5 pm monday friday
Cons
pay, and the cleanliness of the work place.
customer service
Concierge Specialists (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 2, 2015
• Handle difficult calls, complains and problem solving.
• Answer inbound calls from members providing medical benefit information.
• Assisting providers on claim status and authorizations information
• Ordering diabetic supplies also over the counter medications.
• Maintain current sources and reference documents.
• Interacted professionally with employees, customers and suppliers
• Assist in training new team members and assist supervisor with various team assignments
Productive and varieties to learn from...
A1 temp (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 5, 2015
A day at Freedom was amazing and very competitive. Freedom is an HMO with a Medicare advantage contract that uses the CAQH (Council Affordable Quality Healthcare) to gather Physicians and other healthcare providers. As competitive as it looks from what they do, there is a lot to learn regarding all the different plans an employee will encounter to know about, the different policies and many more. The office I was working in was very pleasant and I was very happy to be part of a team who knew what they were doing and was very good at it as well.
Claims Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 10, 2014
Typical day is productive
Management is awesome
co-workers are like family
hardest part of the job is not being able to satisfy everyone due to contracts and guidelines.
the most enjoyable part of my job is being able to help the insureds and providers by accurately paying their claims.
Pros
complimentary coffee
Cons
no room for advancement
A very fun place to work, learn and stretch yourself. An atmosphere of success on every front, in evey task or assignment.
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 26, 2014
A typical day at work was enter all of the applications into the Freedom Health system. No less than three minutes to get enter one application. I learned to be focused and quick. The management team was great, very encouraging and always made timeliness a priority. Co-workers were also great, with an at-home composure, driven by the clock. The hardest part of the job was to enter all of the applications in the minimal scheduled time with no errors. The fun part was a sense of competition to enter more applications than my co-workers which I had little success with.
Pros
free food on holidays
Cons
two 15 minute breaks per day
Excellent co-workers & great vendors to assist with claims
Concierge Specialist/Service Coordinator/ (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 28, 2014
None--Excellent company Handled claims for the Wal-Mart Stores in the state of Florida. Responsible for timely state filing, indemnity & medical payments. Caseload consisted of lost time, medical only & litigated claims to also include a distribution center for Wal-Mart truck drivers.
Maintained close contact with Employers. Responsible for all medical and legal documentation, until claims was settled and closed.
Handled all settlements
Pros
excellent company
Remote Auditor for MRA
Medicare Risk Adjustment Auditor (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 16, 2014
Review 20 - 30 charts per day, answer emails, train new members of the team and educate providers on MRA. Working from home is the best part of this job and the flexibility that goes with that. However, you have to be focused, driven and dedicated to have a position working from home.
fair work place
Utilization Management Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 8, 2014
freedom is a ok job the benefits are fair pay is fair that's about it
Very poor work environment, no ethics, no management.
customer service (Current Employee) –  Tampa FloridaApril 8, 2014
Horrible pave to work. They have 2 companies Freedom and Beacon. They are bios, they choose who goes up the ladder, they do not put positions out for all employees to apply. Only 1QA person which is very bios. Supervisor and tier 2 never available. Tier 2 spends her time decorating or in the office with manager. Office Manager has no idea of health insurance. No ethics, mistakes being done and wrong employee bring accused. Incorrect information is being provided to members office manager and Supervisor has knowledge of it and do nothing. Diabetic orders for members that need Supervisor attention, take for ever to be resolved, so does other requisitions being sent to Supervisor, get planed in back burner, as if not important, and members and providers depend on them. Very unorganized, unprofessional. Won't promote you simply because they have no one to take over your shift /hours. Do not recommend as a company to work for unless you want to learn bad habits and feel bad when members and providers call in wanting information and all you can say is my supervisor is aware of the situation please provide him more time, very sad because as an insurance agency we have a lot of members lives in our hands
cons
Non approachable and micro management
Concierge Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa,FlMarch 31, 2014
Billing and enrollment information to medicare members. I learned very little however I taught many team members how to accurately check the C.M.S website for accurate information on members. The management was totally biased towards friends in business. Coworkers were all struggling to stay a float in their informational knowledge. The hardest part of my jib was not being allowed to assist the members properly in attaining the answers they needed.
Pros
teacing other employees and supervisors the proper way to utilize the medicare website and system.
Cons
members feeling lost and trhat their medical bills were not being paid.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FREEDOM HEALTH. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8