FREEDOM HEALTH Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
some departments are okay to work for
Configuration Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 31, 2017
The company and the work are not bad. They have extremely poor management. They have a click mentality and it is hard to fit in with the click. The CPO should have been replaced years ago.
Loved it here
Agent Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLYAugust 30, 2017
Needed a job closer to home at the time this company isn't bad to work for. But also no room for growth and advancement. Needed a change for the better
Pros
Nice
Cons
Horrible
Business closed
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAAugust 30, 2017
They sold the company. Didn't tell the employees until it was too late, over and done with.the company that they sold it to was not a good place to work. Bad rep.
High paced stressful environment
Senior Concierge Specialists (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 15, 2017
I am looking for a better paying job. My supervisor is just that a supervisor, and there is no room for advancement. Also business is family owned so even though you might be more qualified you still will struggle with advancement, while being paid under market.
I love it.
Sr. Oracle DBA (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 15, 2017
Good environment to work at.
Great people to work with.
Good place to learn and grow.
Great place for career advancement.
Open to discuss and apply new ideas
Pros
good staff
Cons
no on site restaurant
hard to place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 2, 2017
Was hired as a customer service rep and ended up doing the work of a call center rep. If you were on a call and missed your break - well too bad. You had to make sure there was someone to cover your call q before you could leave your desk for any reason. They did not care about there employees at all.
Good learning base
Manager, Operation Research (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 26, 2017
Freedom Helath provided very good learning opportunities. I was trained across the cross functional teams and well as departments to obtained knowledge from various HMO area.
Stepping stone
Member Services (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 6, 2017
Freedom Health is a great stepping stone job for those looking to get experience. It has a very high turn around and supervisors are only worried about themselves. The "help" offered to employees ( the question que and Supervisor line) are not helpful and they treat you like you are dumb and cant comprehend. there is a lack of respect there for everyone aside from the CEO.
Pros
over time
Cons
extremely short breaks.
cool place
Claims Department/Auditor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 31, 2017
the management was pretty good, the people never spoke to eachother so that was nice and quiet. would recommend it was right by the water which was cool
Pros
view
Cons
not the view
Productivity long hrs and manditory overtime
Senior Concierge Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 15, 2017
Its a very fast pace work environment but the hrs the manditory hrs the act that as a company they care about your health or even your family makes working for them extremely stressful and overbearing and absolutely no compassion for there employees

Want to know more about FREEDOM HEALTH?

Ask a question
Eh
Worker (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 16, 2017
I started here as a temp, and then I became permanent about four months later. The people and three of the team leads here were great people to work with and around. A typical day at work is the same, you come in, do what you need to do and that's it. The hardest part about this job was that my team lead was entirely TOO sensitive, and she would lie on you to the manager and the manager would believe them. Instead of asking you what is going on, the manager would immediately tell you that you have to do/listen to what the team lead tells you. Even when you try to defend yourself, the manager always sides with the team lead. I feel like the managers have their favorites, and they always favor the team leads. Even if the person was "qualified," so they say, they would still side with them. You can never win when it comes to someone lying on you. The other hardest part about this job is if you give it your all, and you go above and beyond to do your job and get things done, it's never enough. Volunteering to stay late to help someone who needs the help, and then that person turns around and lies on you to the manager is absolutely ridiculous. There were also people here who snitched like it was nobodies business. There are nosy people here, constantly in everybody else's business, it's amazing that they were able to get any work done. The only enjoyable part about this job is that not everyone I worked with was like that, just a few people.
Pros
Cons
Management; sensitive, lying and nosy people; pay is terrible.
Horrible Place to work, would never recommend
Authorizations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 14, 2016
This company is horrible. Supervisors never available to assist. You email them with important information that requires a response and won't hear back for days. No opportunity for advancement because they need you in the department. Coordinators and nurses are super lazy. Things are done incorrectly 80% of the time and no one cares. The reliable staff gets stuck doing the work of everyone else with no increase in pay. Very childish and hostile environment. A bunch of mean girls, literally. Everything we do is on the computer and phone and both systems are down every other day because they are too cheap to invest in updated systems, then you have to deal with calls from irate providers. Upper management doesn't care about working smarter. Suggestions from staff are ignored. And to top it all off, the place smells horrible. Bathrooms have plumbing issues, and the building truly just needs to be destroyed and rebuilt. All the owners care about is getting rich and building mansions, not the actual staff who do the work to keep the business running.
Pros
You can do the bare minimum and still have your job
Cons
Everything else: pay, benefits, management, etc
I was able to learn my job and managed care
Case Management (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 16, 2016
The company hired me without much experience in Medicare or insurance. I was able to learn a lot from the managers and other people. I also had my own responsibilities which I liked. Not a micromanagement department although your work goals are clear. If you come to work and do your job, you should not have any problem making your goals. Like any place you work, the job is what you put into it and being a good fit in the department and work culture. I moved out of the area so I left the company.
Pros
Laid back work environment, small department where changes can be made rather easily.
Cons
Wish there was more PTO.
Interesting Experience
Medical Records Imaging Associate (Field) (Former Employee) –  Lake, Sumter, Marion & Citrus Counties, FLJune 19, 2016
A typical day at work was traveling to doctor's offices, obtaining records, and uploading them into a program at the end of the day. A lot of organization and I loved it. I never seen my coworkers so that was great too.
Pros
I had an amazing boss.
Cons
No job security
very sad
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 3, 2016
i must admit that the only plus to working at Freedom is that all you have to do to keep your job, is show up. Sadly that is just about all that many there do. The nurses are lazy, management is only concerned with numbers, and the building is in deplorable conditions.
Not to say that there aren't good employees there, because there are, but what good is that when they are not valued.
Unfortunately management in some areas are totally unprofessional and allowed to talk to staff how ever they want to. Reporting it to HR is no help as they do nothing about it.

Sad that such a small company with such great potential, doesn't have the smarts to get rid of the problem staff and keep the good ones.
Pros
easy to work there
Cons
terrible to staff, terrible building conditions
great pay and great job
Medicare Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 11, 2015
• I was responsible for coordinating, managing, and completing complex and simple implementations for electronic banking systems, products and services. I reviewed client set up request and enter data to various Client Access Cash Managements systems
good
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLJuly 7, 2015
good place to learn about the medicare advantage plans. employees are motivated management is very good and helpful great stuff
Work enviroment
Senior Concierge Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 1, 2015
this is not a position in Iowa, I don't wish to review them as they are irrelevant to this area. The turn over was too high due to the lack of concern of how stressed the employees got by the Sr. VP
Pros
n/a
Cons
high turn over
Don't Believe Them....
Member Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 18, 2015
The training class was a quick two weeks, then on to a "nesting" period taking actual member calls. I sustained a horrible back injury after my first week, went into work, but had to leave due to the pain. I was terminated two days later.

I understood their reasons, as the training is so short, but the next part is what infuriated me...

Shortly after, I attempted to reapply. I received a call from a friendly recruiter, and I explained the situation I had during the previous class. She sent me an email response, after "verifying something", and informed me I could not be re-hired. She would not offer any further explanation.

You cannot reach an individual there, either. The company was presented to me as such an individual-based, caring, smaller-group than other offices. Carmen, Michael, and Sharon in recruitment all made it sound like such a good place to work. Not if this is how they respond to a person who had a mishap during their training.

If you are hired-on, after the ridiculous onboarding process, PRAY you stay healthy and avoid accidents, injuries, or any act-of-God. They will not hesitate to terminate you, and leave you out in the cold.

Most of all, DO NOT make the mistake I did by passing up another position and choosing this company. It simply isn't worth it.
Pros
Cons
see review...
Not a good place to work.
Case and Disease Management (Former Employee) –  TampaMay 15, 2015
Case manager position in reality is a numbers game.. They are only concerned with the bottom line and that is the number!! There is no true case management and this is a disservice.. You cannot time manage because management says one thing and then it changes the next day. All they look at are numbers and reports! The management team is very unorganized and tells you one thing and the next day they tell you something totally different!! Management set us up for failure as there are not enough hours in a day to humanly do this job !!! They lied about everything they said and continue to lie daily!!! Advice...RUN THE OTHER WAY!!!
Cons
antiquated management style, poor systems