FREEDOM HEALTH Employee Reviews

Work enviroment
Senior Concierge Specialist (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 1, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: high turn over
this is not a position in Iowa, I don't wish to review them as they are irrelevant to this area. The turn over was too high due to the lack of concern of how stressed the employees got by the Sr. VP
Don't Believe Them....
Member Services Representative (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJune 18, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: see review...
The training class was a quick two weeks, then on to a "nesting" period taking actual member calls. I sustained a horrible back injury after my first week, went into work, but had to leave due to the pain. I was terminated two days later.

I understood their reasons, as the training is so short, but the next part is what infuriated me...

Shortly after, I attempted to reapply. I received a call from a friendly recruiter, and I explained the situation I had during the previous class. She sent me an email response, after "verifying something", and informed me I could not be re-hired. She would not offer any further explanation.

You cannot reach an individual there, either. The company was presented to me as such an individual-based, caring, smaller-group than other offices. Carmen, Michael, and Sharon in recruitment all made it sound like such a good place to work. Not if this is how they respond to a person who had a mishap during their training.

If you are hired-on, after the ridiculous onboarding process, PRAY you stay healthy and avoid accidents, injuries, or any act-of-God. They will not hesitate to terminate you, and leave you out in the cold.

Most of all, DO NOT make the mistake I did by passing up another position and choosing this company. It simply isn't worth it.
Not a good place to work.
Case and Disease Management (Former Employee), TampaMay 15, 2015
Cons: antiquated management style, poor systems
Case manager position in reality is a numbers game.. They are only concerned with the bottom line and that is the number!! There is no true case management and this is a disservice.. You cannot time manage because management says one thing and then it changes the next day. All they look at are numbers and reports! The management team is very unorganized and tells you one thing and the next day they tell you something totally different!! Management set us up for failure as there are not enough hours in a day to humanly do this job !!! They lied about everything they said and continue to lie daily!!! Advice...RUN THE OTHER WAY!!!
Managed healthcare programs topping $1B+
Director of Operations/Project Management (Current Employee), Tampa, FLMarch 24, 2015
• Created a utility that resolved compliance issues and ensured strict CMS deadline adherence, tracking reports in real-time, improving productivity and reducing exception reporting on user error.
• Led a major re-configuration of eHealth from a hospital oriented system to a HMO business oriented system, using both current system features and newer checks, balances and expedited tracking utility features.
• Spearheaded a well received online portal that ensured compliance to annual training requirements for employees and providers.
• Created a Disease Specific Health Assessment Tool for case management, yielding a return rate of 85% which surpassed industry standards.
Job offering process is terrible
Customer service rep (Former Employee), Tampa,FLMarch 6, 2015
they pre-offer you the position have you go take the drug test, sign the background check papers, and have you reference five people two being managers. I had 7 references 3 managers and 4 peers. They called and told me I was not offered the position after two weeks of waiting because one of my managers rated me average because of the questions they ask her to rate was not pertained to the job I was applying for, which I think is unfair to let one person out of seven determine your working abilities especially if you never worked in that type of environment with that manager.
Very laid back work place.
Sales Support Specialist (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMarch 3, 2015
Pros: one hour lunches, 8-5 pm monday friday
Cons: pay, and the cleanliness of the work place.
Assisted Agents with reviewing potential clients Medicare and Medicaid status for correct plan coverage. Typical days was mostly on the phones answering agents questions and assist with best solutions for plan changes, interpret plan information. The environment was very inviting and very laid back. My Team Lead was very helpful and professional about helping everyone succeed. My group accepted my work ethic with open arms.
customer service
Concierge Specialists (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMarch 2, 2015
• Handle difficult calls, complains and problem solving.
• Answer inbound calls from members providing medical benefit information.
• Assisting providers on claim status and authorizations information
• Ordering diabetic supplies also over the counter medications.
• Maintain current sources and reference documents.
• Interacted professionally with employees, customers and suppliers
• Assist in training new team members and assist supervisor with various team assignments
Productive and varieties to learn from...
A1 temp (Former Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 5, 2015
A day at Freedom was amazing and very competitive. Freedom is an HMO with a Medicare advantage contract that uses the CAQH (Council Affordable Quality Healthcare) to gather Physicians and other healthcare providers. As competitive as it looks from what they do, there is a lot to learn regarding all the different plans an employee will encounter to know about, the different policies and many more. The office I was working in was very pleasant and I was very happy to be part of a team who knew what they were doing and was very good at it as well.
Claims Specialist (Current Employee), Tampa, FLDecember 10, 2014
Pros: complimentary coffee
Cons: no room for advancement
Typical day is productive
Management is awesome
co-workers are like family
hardest part of the job is not being able to satisfy everyone due to contracts and guidelines.
the most enjoyable part of my job is being able to help the insureds and providers by accurately paying their claims.
A very fun place to work, learn and stretch yourself. An atmosphere of success on every front, in evey task or assignment.
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJune 26, 2014
Pros: free food on holidays
Cons: two 15 minute breaks per day
A typical day at work was enter all of the applications into the Freedom Health system. No less than three minutes to get enter one application. I learned to be focused and quick. The management team was great, very encouraging and always made timeliness a priority. Co-workers were also great, with an at-home composure, driven by the clock. The hardest part of the job was to enter all of the applications in the minimal scheduled time with no errors. The fun part was a sense of competition to enter more applications than my co-workers which I had little success with.
Excellent co-workers & great vendors to assist with claims
Concierge Specialist/Service Coordinator/ (Former Employee), Tampa, FLApril 28, 2014
Pros: excellent company
None--Excellent company Handled claims for the Wal-Mart Stores in the state of Florida. Responsible for timely state filing, indemnity & medical payments. Caseload consisted of lost time, medical only & litigated claims to also include a distribution center for Wal-Mart truck drivers.
Maintained close contact with Employers. Responsible for all medical and legal documentation, until claims was settled and closed.
Handled all settlements
Remote Auditor for MRA
Medicare Risk Adjustment Auditor (Current Employee), Tampa, FLApril 16, 2014
Review 20 - 30 charts per day, answer emails, train new members of the team and educate providers on MRA. Working from home is the best part of this job and the flexibility that goes with that. However, you have to be focused, driven and dedicated to have a position working from home.
fair work place
Utilization Management Coordinator (Current Employee), Tampa, FLApril 8, 2014
freedom is a ok job the benefits are fair pay is fair that's about it
Very poor work environment, no ethics, no management.
customer service (Current Employee), Tampa FloridaApril 8, 2014
Cons: cons
Horrible pave to work. They have 2 companies Freedom and Beacon. They are bios, they choose who goes up the ladder, they do not put positions out for all employees to apply. Only 1QA person which is very bios. Supervisor and tier 2 never available. Tier 2 spends her time decorating or in the office with manager. Office Manager has no idea of health insurance. No ethics, mistakes being done and wrong employee bring accused. Incorrect information is being provided to members office manager and Supervisor has knowledge of it and do nothing. Diabetic orders for members that need Supervisor attention, take for ever to be resolved, so does other requisitions being sent to Supervisor, get planed in back burner, as if not important, and members and providers depend on them. Very unorganized, unprofessional. Won't promote you simply because they have no one to take over your shift /hours. Do not recommend as a company to work for unless you want to learn bad habits and feel bad when members and providers call in wanting information and all you can say is my supervisor is aware of the situation please provide him more time, very sad because as an insurance agency we have a lot of members lives in our hands
Non approachable and micro management
Concierge Specialist (Former Employee), Tampa,FlMarch 31, 2014
Pros: teacing other employees and supervisors the proper way to utilize the medicare website and system.
Cons: members feeling lost and trhat their medical bills were not being paid.
Billing and enrollment information to medicare members. I learned very little however I taught many team members how to accurately check the C.M.S website for accurate information on members. The management was totally biased towards friends in business. Coworkers were all struggling to stay a float in their informational knowledge. The hardest part of my jib was not being allowed to assist the members properly in attaining the answers they needed.
Good company, productive, however, terrible management
Credentialing Specialist (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 6, 2014
Typical day involved plenty of work. Co-workers are very friendly and helpful, however, management does not allow for co-workers to work together. We are forced to work alone and only ask a supervisor any kind of question. Most times supervisor and manager were unavailable to assist and if caught asking a fellow co-worker a reprimand was soon to follow. The hardest part of the job was not the job itself but working together with management. They consistently had an attitude, were not eager to help in any way, rolled their eyes, and yelled (a lot). Very, very unprofessional work environment to say the least.
LAID BACK
Claims Specialist (Former Employee), Tampa, FLOctober 22, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: bahtrooms were dirty, no breakroom
IT WAS OK WORKING THERE..THE BATHROOMS WERE NASTY..THE MANAGERS WERE HARDLY EVER ROUND.
high turnover bad managment
concierge specialist (Former Employee), tampa flOctober 8, 2013
Cons: short breaks, pay, management, facility, management work ethics
If you want to a job with security and good pay, this is not it. They do not care how members are treated, was even encouraged to hang up on member by management.
information
Medical Auditor (Former Employee), Tampa, FLSeptember 25, 2013
I am a professional CPC coder. I have a foreign medical degree in medicine MBBS. I am proficient in coding charts according to ICD-9M. I have three years of experience in coding. I am dedicated and enthusiastic about my work.
Management is not good
Concierge Specialist (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 17, 2013
Pros: early shifts
Cons: short breaks
Not too good of a work place if you ask me. I didn't have a good experience there as the management was not hands on and seemed like they didn't pay much attention to the workers. Pay wasn't good either.