Freedom Mortgage Corporation Employee Reviews

Great place to work, great employees
Fast Track Loan Advisor (Former Employee) –  Moorestown, NJJanuary 27, 2017
Typical day was calling borrowers to help assist them in securing home loans and refinancing their mortgage. Usually pretty busy, management were very helpful and the atmosphere was a very friendly one. Hardest part of the job was when business got slow during the holidays, best part was going in to work. I truly enjoyed my time there.
Pros
Good pay and benefits, team gatherings, weekend free breakfast
Cons
Job security
Average Experience
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fishers, INFebruary 12, 2017
Freedom is nothing special while also having the consequences of being in the mortgage industry. The amount of employees fluctuates between winter and summer, making winter a pretty tense season because everyone is worried about their jobs. If you're not already stuck in the mortgage industry, I'd get out. It's a top-heavy industry that has factory model characteristics. A few high-paid executives, but a lot of low-paid low skill positions. The pro with Freedom is they are trying to compete with other mortgage companies like Quicken to be more Tech savvy and cutting edge. They are still behind, but they are investing more in development internally and externally.
Pros
Work/life balance, tech projects
Cons
Job security, pay, culture
Productive growing company
Mortgage Servicing Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJDecember 15, 2016
The job itself isn't hard. Great work life balance. It's a small company growing but I hope they don't change their core values as they get bigger. The CEO is awesome. Compensation is good. The only reason I left was because I got married and moved out of state.
Pros
Free lunches every so often. Long lunch times. Work life balance.
Cons
Growing too fast too quick.
Bad, and Terrible
Mortgage Advisor (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJFebruary 3, 2017
Dishonest and very unorganized. The management shows its disregard for its employees by stealing their pay, demoting high performers, and waiting until you really need stable income to fire you. They willfully and intentionally put the licenses of their people at risk for the potential gain of the company.
Cons
Terrible benefits, straight up dishonest management, these guys are crooks!
Poor management but okay health benefits
Senior Loan Coordinator/ Title Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJMarch 26, 2017
Freedom can do much better with training their employees and encouraging them to succeed. They need a more competitive compensation package and cross-training available to those who are looking to advance in the company.
Pros
Dress-down on Fridays
Cons
Poor management
Poor
Mortgage Underwrtiter (Former Employee) –  RemoteJanuary 27, 2017
I felt used to fulfill the present volume then was laid off when it slowed down. Their pipeline is repeated refinances. I worked there eight months and never underwrote a purchase. The system is DOS based and takes a good six months to be at full capacity.. They expect you to be a full capacity in two months even though training and recruiter said six.
Pros
Salary
Cons
System and management
There is no spirit or innovation. Very Dry atmosphere and culture
Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Fort Washington, PAMarch 28, 2017
Freedom Mortgage is a good company. They are one of the top employers in the area as far as the number of employees they have, but they have a low retention rate for numerous reasons. One being is that there is no focus on employee relations. Good company with room fro great potential, but they have a long way to go.
Pros
Vacation, PTO, and benefits are good.
Cons
Managerial Effectivness
Average work environment
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Moorestown, NJFebruary 27, 2017
Pay and benefits for the position are good, but not a very good work/home life mix, way too much after hours work required compared to similar companies/markets.
Pros
close proximity to Philadelphia, compensation and benefits were descent
Cons
Weak management, below average work to home life mix
great place to work
Branch Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Kernersville, NCFebruary 19, 2017
Great company to work for. Good Benefits and pay. Management was easy to work with. If you did your job and produced nobody bothered you. loan process was average. I left in 2012 not sure how the company runs today.
Pros
Good compensation and mangement
Overall, company needs better direction as training was only 3 days long on their system
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 15, 2017
Training is minimal and sense of direction was demonstrated poorly. Quality of loans accepted my MLO's is poor as it makes it more difficult to complete daily tasks.
Pros
Compensation
fun
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJMarch 11, 2017
Great place great people. Little repetitive. The only problem is advancement with the finance and accounting dept. no clear way to advancement. have to wait for bosses to be promoted first.
Pros
people
benefits
Not a great culture
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJDecember 16, 2016
Freedom mortgage doesn't have a great culture. Everyone has a bad attitude and tries to be tough guys ( especially the management). The compensation package was fair. High turnover rate for the Loan Officers.
okay place to work
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  NYJanuary 18, 2017
Not a bad place to build your mortgage career. salary is good and they promote from within. They also have an excellent training program to get you started in the mortgage business
Cust Care Rep
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJMarch 20, 2017
Daily work is answering customer questions and solving issues pertaining to home mortgages in a call center environment.

I learned about the mortgage industry.

Based off of my experience, management is not great. They do not care about their employees in any fashion. There are no incentives. The pay is alright, but not enough for the verbal abuse we take from customers daily, because they are "disgusted" with the Company. The decisions made by the VPs on a daily basis make work life painful and they all seem to have the "I do it because I can, not because it makes actual sense" attitude.. They do not understand the concept of customer service or the fact that when they have happy employees, they will have happy customers and more productivity. All they care about is numbers, they do not care about actually solving customer issues, which is supposed to be the main focus of the job.
Very Productive
Junior Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEJanuary 25, 2017
Junior Underwriter, Reviewed incoming docs for refinances and purchases. Good Company, excellent benefits, 401k plan, and paid vacations. Received training.
Pros
Experience
Cons
no incentive bonus
Flexible Workplace, Bad Management
Manager (Current Employee) –  Moorestown, NJJuly 20, 2016
It's a very unique culture that's built around a call center environment. There's advancement if you're looking to switch LO/servicing departments, but doesn't seem to have much on the professional side.
Pros
Flexible, Work/Life Balance, Good Location
Cons
Management, Compensation, Leadership
Productive and great co workers
Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEDecember 29, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of an abundance of emails and phone calls. Learned something everyday about the business. Management was fair with all employees and I enjoyed working with them for so many years. The hardest part of my job was dealing with company's computer issues. So many system glitches that you litterly had to figure how to trick the system to work . The most enjoyable part of my job was I loved working with my co-workers they were like family to me.
Pros
free lunches, flexible schedule, great co workers
Cons
healthcare, advancement
Great employees but old school methodologies.
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fishers, INJanuary 18, 2017
This was the best working environment where you overlooked inefficiencies. They do not utilize technology to the full potential and rely on manual look-ups and adhoc processes. Basic project methodology is not used. Managers do not work smart. They work hard but could be much more efficient with proper technology, use of temporary QA Consultants, and proper process methodologies and e-reporting. Everyone loves the CEO. Bottomline: Hiring employees, going thru intensive training and successfully turning around work ahead of schedule, then laying them off the next month is just flat out poor planning and terrible for employee morale.
Pros
Great working environment with kind and considerate employees.
Cons
Old school methodologies
Compliance/Quality review Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJSeptember 13, 2016
Compensation needs to be more competitive to industry average and how ever the benefits are terrible and certainly could be improved on
Excellent Pay; Deficient in Management
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Fishers, INJanuary 3, 2017
My position at Freedom Mortgage was Customer Service Representative in a call center environment. Only feedback was negative in nature with numbers data to support feedback, very little personal interaction or recognition from Supervisors, Managers to employees.

We trained Loan Processors from India, as that part of Freedom Mortgage was moved to India. The positions filled there were never posted in the US. My experience in Human Resources, the employee handbook, and general work experiences made me doubtful of where the company's focus was headed.

In August, 2016, we were told that the entire Fishers location would be a Collections Division in Freedom Mortgage. A reassignment of managers occurred and we were no longer assisting customers with a solution-based focus. Managers were selected because they knew mortgage lending, and without any management skills, training, etc.

By December, I knew that my people skills were not going to be my asset at Freedom Mortgage. I left on December 13, 2016.
Pros
Excellent Pay
Cons
Outsourced jobs to India that would have been promotions to US employees; poor management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Freedom Mortgage Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6