Freedom Mortgage Corporation Employee Reviews

Not innovative or responsible
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COFebruary 16, 2018
Management is very wishy washy and has a hard time making decisions. They are very disorganized and always behind the curve. Constant changes and no career path.
Pros
Good benefits
Excellent Company to Begin Your Career
Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 15, 2018
It is an excellent company to begin your career. I enjoy working there. The company is excellent however everyone comes with there own issues and people think they know it all. Some people should mind there own business.
Pros
Free Lunch, Compensation
Cons
Some coworkers
Servicing but no infrastructure
Mortgage Loan Originator/Single Point of Contact (Current Employee) –  Fishers, INFebruary 14, 2018
They are growing at this time buying more and more loans but do not really have the infrastructure in place to service them. So the borrowers and the employees are left to deal with the reality. Management in the call centers are just as frustated as the employees who are on their teams. The pay is too low for the amount of stress and uncertainity you have to deal with. The CEO is a very wealthy man,but he begrudges raises to those who help him get richer each day. The people you work with are awesome.
Staff acitivities for moral
Post Closing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEFebruary 13, 2018
Upon accepting the position I did not have any knowledge of the Mortgage industry.
I am a quick learner and after 1 week I was functioning on my own.
I enjoyed several areas of my job. Speaking to our Customers and assisting them with their needs or concerns.
Assisting the Manager with document recovery after closings.
I handled the pipeline of loans for our Newark branch. This entailed daily communication with our Brokers.
The workplace culture was a very positive experience.
I enjoyed working at Freedom, however they closed our Newark office in January 2017.
nice company to work for.
Collector II (Former Employee) –  San Dimas, CAFebruary 13, 2018
Training materials should've been allowed to be taken home to study/review. The trainers were informative, friendly, and professional. Your work schedule you receive after training is based on how high you score on your exams.
OK place to work
N/A (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 12, 2018
There are different division that you are able to work for. Unfortunately, they are not all managed the same. Could be better but this is typical of any mortgage company.
Cons
Time off, compensation, and opportunites for advancement
High pressure, multi task
Senior Underwriter AVP (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYFebruary 10, 2018
I enjoy working with sales and processing to get deals to work and be approved and closed. I have good relationships with JP Mortgage , Chase, Citibank, Bank United and other JUMBO lenders. I have strong knowledge of the mortgage industry.
Freedom
Senior Vice President, Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJFebruary 7, 2018
Freedom Mortgage Corporation is an excellent place to work. They have great team spirit. I was proud of the many accomplishments and was honored to work there.
Very stressful and under paid positions
Decline to say (Current Employee) –  Fishers, INFebruary 6, 2018
Would not like up disclose much information on this site. They're are may different ways how information becomes leaked and could potential jeopardized any potential jobs in the industry
Fun but stressful
Mortgage Closer/Funder (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEFebruary 1, 2018
*Working on mortgage closing
*I learned a lot about the mortgage business
*Management was great very helpful and supportive
*Workplace culture was very laid back and fun because the job in its self was already stressful
*Hardest part about the job I would say is working with the closing attorney's and title companies there were not always the friendliest and very pushy
*The most enjoyable part of the job I would say was my co-workers and management team they were very supportive helpful and resourceful we worked together to get the jobs done
Mortgage Loan Closer (Former Employee) –  Fishers, INJanuary 31, 2018
I loved this job, the people I worked with. My direct supervisor was amazing the manager however was very prickly. I worked remotely and it was a pleasure working there
No job security/Advancement
DE Mortgage Underwriter (Remote) (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJJanuary 29, 2018
There is limited communication with employees and limited training. There is also limited work, and no job security. The company is staff with inexperienced managers
Pros
Remote Opportunities
Cons
Limited Communication and Limited Training
Great Company
Senior Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 29, 2018
Nothing to say bad about this company. All was great when I was employed there. Great management, great culture.. Very flexible when it comes to overtime, meaning you can work from home from time to time
Management sucks!!
TPO/Correspondent Post-Closer/ Purchase Auditor (Former Employee) –  RemoteJanuary 29, 2018
The Benefits that are offered are the BEST thing about Freedom Mortgage. Management DOES NOT encourage promotion or new ideas, etc. If you submit something to management they will take your ideas as their own!!! They do not give you credit or acknowledge your hard work. They ONLY recognize fellow managers and supervisors. If you question them or point out something that they are wrong about, then you are on their "hit list", and they NEVER give credit where credit is due.

There is no such thing as TEAMWORK at Freedom! It's EVERY man/woman for themselves. They treat their Internal Customers just as bad or worse than their External Customers. If you go to Management about something that should be in confidence they share it with others, etc. VERY Unprofessional!

I REALLY loved my job with Freedom and what I was doing, but Management Sucks!! To get laid off BEFORE Christmas due to a "Work Slow Down" when you have ONLY had EXCEED EXPECTATIONS on your reviews, praise from clients, etc., but when a Manager doesn't like you that is it! SMH
Benefits
Cons
Management incompetent & spiteful, Promotion sucks
review
Customer Service Representative - Mortgage (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJJanuary 29, 2018
more locations needed to give more people an opportunity who do not live close to a call center. I live in Delaware and do not have a call center located close enough to me to maintain employment.
Pros
pay
Cons
inexperienced manager
Freedom Mortgage
Sr. Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  San Dimas, CAJanuary 27, 2018
Didn't want to comment but I was not happy with management on bonuses and favoritism on who they want to give it to. I worked really hard for my bonuses and it's so upsetting when they chose on who to give it to. Management is so bad that I do not want to discuss this anymore it's so upsetting to me.
Mortgage Underwriter II (Current Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLJanuary 26, 2018
Examines overall loan documentation to ensure accuracy and completeness.
Reviews loan-to value ratio, credit reports, applications, etc., to ensure each loan meets company standards for sale into secondary market.
Analyzes applicants’ financial status, credit and property evaluations to determine feasibility of granting loan.
Provides an underwriting decision to either approve or deny loans within agency, investor and bank guidelines.
Ensures loan agreements are complete, accurate and in accordance with bank policy.
Communicates with the wholesale mortgage client to convey loan decisions, answers questions, and finalize incomplete loan packages
Unstable employment
Sr Government Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJJanuary 24, 2018
They have unrealistic goals and have no tolerance if you do not meet the numbers no matter what the circumstances. To complete all the work required you need to work overtime but they do not allow it. When you learn a new product, they do not give you ample time to get up to speed. Very inconsiderate company they lay off people right before the Holidays every year.
Pros
Salary
Cons
All other areas
Loan Advisor (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJJanuary 20, 2018
Although it is a very productive workplace, it is a long work week. This job can, at most times, be stressful. If you have other responsibilities outside of work, it can sometimes be difficult to balance them, depending on your position within the company.
Enjoyed the work
Final Docs Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fishers, INJanuary 18, 2018
The system is easy to learn. The work was productive. The company is easy to find, right off of 106th street and interstate 69. Good location because it is located by restaurants and shopping stores.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Freedom Mortgage Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.