Job Position: Database Administrator
Local Candidates Only
FreedomVoice is an established business telecommunications company, founded in 1996, that is experiencing significant growth. Our services include online telephony products and hosted VoIP phone systems. The company is headquartered in Encinitas California.
FreedomVoice offers a unique environment that fosters individual growth and rewards performance. The work environment is fast-paced, energetic and fun. You'll get the chance to work with bright, highly-motivated people in a collaborative workspace.
FreedomVoice is looking for a dynamic Database Administrator to join our Network Operations Team supporting and building our telephony infrastructure.
- Has worked as a Database Administrator in the service provider space
- Has worked in the telecommunications space with a VOIP provider
- Experience administrating large high performance MySQL and Microsoft SQL installations
- Experience with NoSQL databases as well as working with Amazon RDS
- Maintain production databases (MySQL, Microsoft SQL)
- Develop, write and maintain stored procedures
- Monitor production databases using various tools
- Performance reporting, analysis and tuning of databases and systems
- Maintaining correct and consistent WIKI-based documentation of environment
- Work on projects as assigned
Experience and/or exposure to the following technologies.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 and 2012 clustered
- MySQL Server and/or Maria DB in high-availability mode
- C# .NET Development experience working with Visual Studio 2012
- Experience working Windows Server and CentOS operating systems
- Scripting skills: Perl, Bash, Python, PHP
- Business Intelligence and Reporting
Education & Experience
- 5-7 years of work experience as a Database Administrator supporting a complex environment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Certifications: Microsoft or others related training
Company URL: http://www.freedomiq.com