Freelancers CO-OP of New Jersey (CO-OP) is a new, nonprofit, member-driven health plan with just one mission: to bring quality, affordable health insurance to independent workers in New Jersey. The CO-OP—which stands for Consumer Operated and Oriented Plan—will begin enrolling New Jersey residents in the fall of 2013. We’re looking for passionate, entrepreneurial employees who want to be part of the latest innovation in health care—one that will provide more affordable insurance benefits to thousands of Americans.
We’re collaborative, friendly, open-minded, adaptable, creative, and action-oriented, and we’re looking for people who share those qualities. We work in a fast-paced and fun environment, and we’re constantly exploring interesting new ideas.
We are seeking a dynamic Development Manager who will work closely with and report to the Executive Director. The Development Manager will supervise all fundraising activities, including philanthropic, social enterprise and individual giving, that contribute to the Freelancers CO-OP of New Jersey’s ambitious development goals. The Development Manager will: design internal fundraising systems, with a particular focus on new funding through grant sources; and manage all development-related reporting requirements;
- Design, develop and implement strategies focused on fostering fundraising relationships (foundation, government, corporate and individual), with a specific focus on grant-writing.
- Manage, support and coordinate development efforts and external consultants as appropriate to maximize involvement and impact
- Manage all development functions. This includes: designing and driving action plans to achieve annual fundraising goals; developing and fortifying fundraising systems and processes; and preparing budgets and forecasts and setting and tracking goals related to all fundraising activities
- At least 3 years of experience managing development functions with strong experience in grant-writing (foundation and government), in an entrepreneurial nonprofit environment
- Demonstrated success developing and fostering fundraising relationships as well as experience with and/or knowledge of government grant sources. Knowledge of the New Jersey philanthropic community preferred.
- Exceptional understanding of Development networks, practices and strategies across various sectors and industries, as well as the acumen and agility to implement and re-engineer them as needed.
- A professional, resourceful style with the ability to work as a team member or independently
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, development databases and social networking technologies
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required; advanced degree preferred
Send a resume and cover letter with salary requirement via email to resume@ newjerseycoop.org. Resumes sent without a cover letter/salary requirement will not be considered. No phone calls, please.
Freelancers Co-Op of New Jersey and its entities do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability or veteran status in its programs, activities or employment practices