HEALTH POLICY ANALYST
Freelancers Union is sponsoring new, member-driven, nonprofit health plans in Oregon, New Jersey, and New York. Independent Worker Services (a subsidiary of Freelancers Union) is looking for passionate, entrepreneurial employees to support these Consumer Operated and Oriented Plans (CO-OPs) and be part of the latest innovation in health care—one that will provide more affordable insurance benefits to thousands of Americans.
We’re collaborative, friendly, open-minded, adaptable, creative, and action-oriented, and we’re looking for people who share those qualities. We work in a fast-paced and fun environment, and we’re constantly exploring interesting new ideas.
We are seeking a talented Health Policy Analyst to support rolling out plan designs and claims plan build for the three COOPs. We are experiencing exceptional growth, driven by new ideas and initiatives. The Product Design team is responsible for taking product ideas from conception to launch. Our creative, dedicated team is constantly in search of fresh ideas, new tools and approaches, and original input from team members.
What you’d have to do:
- Assist in creation of a range of both regulatory and consumer facing policy documents, including certificates of coverage benefits booklets, and policy form filing documentation
- Coordinate extensive review, filing and approval process for key stakeholders
- Identifying and tracking key issues of concern for senior staff and recommending solutions
- Serve as a subject matter expert for health insurance plan design teams
- Collaborate with communications and design teams to produce consumer facing documents in print and web formats
- Draft correspondence and memoranda for regulatory parties and internal staff
- Conduct research for potential wellness and reward programs in the insurance and healthcare sectors
- Carry out demographic and geographic research about our target insurance population
Experience and skills you’d need to have:
- 1-2 years of experience health care and insurance policy and regulatory environments (specifically the Affordable Care Act (ACA); and knowledge of the health insurance policymaking process at the state and/or national levels
- 1-2 years writing and interpreting health insurance policy in the individual and/or group markets (or policy writing experience in a closely related insurance product)
- Project management and coordination skills
- Strong sense of accountability and ability to guide the decision making process
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (written, spoken and visual) and ability to communicate and represent ideas with senior staff and legal teams
- Research and quantitative analysis skills
- Experience doing demographics research (e.g. customer or workforce demographics, age/gender/federal poverty levels)
- Self-starter, able to execute an assignment to completion with minimal direction
- Comfortable working with dynamic and complex priorities and timelines
If you’re interested in joining our team, please email your resume and cover letter with salary requirements to: resume@ freelancersunion.org. Sorry, but we won’t consider resumes that don’t include both a cover letter and salary requirements.
We look forward to hearing from you!