Freelancers Union is sponsoring new, member-driven, nonprofit health plans in Oregon, New Jersey, and New York. Independent Worker Services (a subsidiary of Freelancers Union) is looking for passionate, entrepreneurial employees to support these Consumer Operated and Oriented Plans (CO-OPs) and be part of the latest innovation in health care—one that will provide more affordable insurance benefits to thousands of Americans.
We’re collaborative, friendly, open-minded, adaptable, creative, and action-oriented, and we’re looking for people who share those qualities. We work in a fast-paced and fun environment, and we’re constantly exploring interesting new ideas.
We are seeking a collaborative and confident Program Manager to join our staff. The Program Manager participates in developing and driving social purpose, mission-driven programs, maintaining a balanced focus on providing high quality, consumer-oriented healthcare programs and long-term financial sustainability.
The Program Manager will work collaboratively within a team-based approach and will be assigned to a state-specific CO-OP project. S/he will work closely with the local Freelancers CO-OP executive and management staff, vendors, external and internal consultants, attorneys, and regulatory representatives to accomplish the goals of the CO-OP under the guidance of the Senior Program Manager and will foster the sharing of best practices between programs. The Program Manager will participate in early ramp-up stage discussions at the highest level of this start-up organization. The candidate will be eager to successfully introduce social purpose and consumer-oriented health programs to the market.
o Work closely with the program’s sponsor, Freelancers Union, to capture the mission to provide affordable health care, deliver high quality care, and enhance consumer experiences with a commitment to serve multiple generations in the future
o Work with the Client Executive Team to adapt the approach that best fits the mission, team, CMS, and stakeholders
o Work closely through extensive collaboration with the start-up teams on resources and strategic planning
o Facilitate due diligence process for program start-up relationships and ensure adherence and consistency to federal, state and local laws, rules, and regulations.
o Be an active participant on the implementation project team to ensure start-up programs are in line with projected milestones
o Provide conceptual phase support to management team on new ideas and build teams for brainstorming, analyzing, researching, and strategizing
o Monitor and assist in vendor contracts and vendor communication
o Work closely and facilitate the communication and interaction amongst the functional representatives of other Freelancers CO-OPs and IWS staff
o Track program against its schedule, budget, and against phase review objectives, reporting status to local CO-OP and Senior Program Manger on a regular basis
CMS Reporting Responsibilities:
o Assist Client CO-OP Executive Team with frequent and in-depth communications and reporting to CMS
o Responsible for Disbursement Schedule updates and interaction with local CO-OP finance/accounting team in disbursement tracking and reporting
o Represent assigned CO-OP to CMS when needed
o Assist with required CMS reporting
o Prepare presentations for various audiences
- Experience in a socially responsible organization either through previous employment or as part of outside activity is considered favorable
- Comfortable with the demanding environment of a start-up
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- 5+ years of Program Management experience with exposure to both technical and business initiatives
- Must be a self-starter who understands the need for detail in the midst of work being done within a much larger picture
- Must be creative and flexible in order to respond quickly and positively to shifting demands and opportunities
- Exceptional organizational, research, information/data gathering, and facilitation skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills, a collaborative work style, and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Team-oriented with a natural curiosity, a good sense of humor, and a strong work ethic
- Bachelor’s degree in public/business administration, health, social work, or a related field
- Experience with Microsoft Project preferred
- Experience reporting to funders or regulators preferred
Send a resume and cover letter with salary requirement via email to resume@ freelancersunion.org. Resumes sent without a cover letter/salary requirement will not be considered.
We’re in DUMBO, just one subway stop into Brooklyn on the A, C, and F lines. To learn more about us, go to www.freelancersunion.org. Freelancers Union is an equal opportunity employer.