FREEMAN HEALTH SYSTEM

FREEMAN HEALTH SYSTEM Employee Reviews

A wonderful experience
Speech Language Pathologist (Former Employee), Joplin, MOJuly 11, 2015
Pros: supportive
Cons: Insurance woes and limitations
I began my career as and SLP with Freeman Health System.
During that time, I was given many opportunities to expand my knowledge base and expertise in my area of interest. Even when budget cuts occurred, Freeman allowed me the time to obtain continuing education outside our facility in order to provide the up to date and cutting edge therapy for my patients.
Terrible place to work
Admissions (Former Employee), Joplin, MoFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: there are not any pros
Cons: unprofessional at best
I was hired, worked for a week, then they fired me, and made me pay for scrubs out of my paycheck that FREEMAN sold to me. The reason was because they saw a DWI from 7 years prior on my background check, that they were already aware of prior to my first day of work. Then decided it was an issue after working for a week. Upper management will not return your calls and they will threaten harassment charges when you follow-up about receiving a return phone call.
Team work is key in this facility
Cardiology Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Joplin, MOFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: onboarding specialist available
Cons: short and sometimes no breaks, no weekend compensation
Very busy day/night including admits, discharges, and routine care

Complete duties in an expeditious fashion to improve availability to other RNs when needed

Teamwork is a must!

Education opportunities available on the internet

Totally satisfying to see a patient leave our care in better condition, with more knowledge related to their admitting diagnosis, and information to reduce admissions than when they arrived!
Professional Company, They care about their Customers.
LAB ASSISTANT/PHLEBOTOMIST (Former Employee), Neosho, MOFebruary 6, 2015
I worked for this company for 7 years total, I really enjoyed this company. Compensation was very good and comparable. I really liked that this company, made time to get employee opinion's on everything. I loved my manager, Overall a very good company to work for!
Don't Work Here
Pharmacy Technician CPhT (Current Employee), Joplin, MOJanuary 13, 2015
Freeman was probably the worst job I've ever had, and I worked fast food. Some pros include: great benefits, guaranteed hours for full and part time employees, pay well. Cons: just about everyone hates each other, the hours suck (typical hospital hours), benefits don't kick in for full time people until 120 days, if you're sick, there's no sick time they force you to use PTO (paid time off). If they schedule you an extra day off, they force you to use PTO because you have to have 40 hours a week when full time. The people in the department I worked at all hated each other and subsequently treated everyone else like dirt. If you decided to work here, all I have to say is, "Good luck."
Great environment, family atmosphere lots of benefits
Management (Current Employee), Joplin, MODecember 9, 2014
Enjoy working there, plenty of benefits and great sense of community within the organization. While many processes are old and need to be updated, the organization is moving forward in a good way. Would highly recommend the organization.
Freeman is a good place to work to gain a wealth of work experience
Rescue / Float Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Joplin, MONovember 5, 2014
Freeman is a good place to work to gain experience in the health care field.
Great benefits & coworkers
clerk (Current Employee), Joplin, MOOctober 12, 2014
Pros: coworkers, benefits, ability to make up time for appointments
Cons: pay & management
I love my job here at Freeman. I work with kind and fun people and I have learned a lot through my job here. I like the benefits and the ability to make up time when I have appointments.

My only qualm with my job would be with management. There have been a number of occasions where I have learned something new going on for my job through coworkers first. That doesn't seem right nor professional with me. I also feel I've been had with them. Earlier in the year, at my evaluation, I was told that they were eager to get me training in other positions within my department so that when I'm ready to move up, I'd know which position I'd prefer. The next day or so I saw a position that I was interested in and applied only to get called into the office and told that they wanted me to learn other jobs. So I withdrew from that job and waited for the training opportunities they had for me. That was about 7 months ago and I've only learned one other position.

I really enjoy my job here but I know I cannot advance with it.
productive work place
Nurse Tech / C.N.A (Former Employee), Neosho, MOSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: great insurance
Great hospital to work for. Fast paced. Very rewarding, I learned a lot and met a lot of interesting people.
Productive workplace
Posting Clerk (Former Employee), Joplin, MOAugust 18, 2014
Post money electronically and manually to patient accounts, issue refunds, adjust and transfer money on specific accounts.
Great job!
ICU Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Joplin, MOJune 29, 2014
Great co workers, team work, good placements throughout OK.
Caring health providers and system
Patient Accounts Support Coordinator (Current Employee), Joplin, MOMay 21, 2014
Pros: learning opportunities
Cons: restricted room for growth
I have always enjoyed working for Freeman Health System and have had great opportunities to grow. Administration and management truly seem to have a sense of caring which makes you want to make the system succeed. One of the biggest issues is that many individuals of the general staff seem to not care or be devoted to their purpose. There is quite a bit of juvenility throughout certain departments and areas, but you have that in any place of business to an extent. Overall staff work together to provide excellent quality of care and service to our community and patients.
not enough work ethic by staff and mgmt shows favoritism
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee), Joplin, MOMay 11, 2014
Pros: job security
Cons: no breaks or accountability
work four 10 hour days on Medicare follow up
how to effectively resolve aged accounts
management shows favoritism to a few and there isn't a lot of support
A few of my co-workers, mostly upper 30's and above are very dependable. Many are in early 20's and have little/no work ethic
Getting MCR to pay some claims
Accomplishing my goal of resolving accounts
good place to work but not fair
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Neosho, MOMarch 25, 2014
Pros: good people
Cons: low pay, unfair
Freeman is kinda difficult to work for ..they aren't fair at all...pay is low..but I loved the people I worked with..I just wish human resources was more understanding and had more room for advancement
Strict and Scheduled Work Environment
Admissions Representative Specialist (Current Employee), Joplin, MOJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: 10 minute on the clock breaks
Cons: strict work environment
A typical day at work is a very busy day. I have learned how to balance my time and to say no if need be. Management will work with you only if you work with them, however it is hard to receive raises and to move up in the department. The co-workers are for the most part very easy to work with, but you have to depend on them to do everything correctly because otherwise you are going back to fix their mistakes. The hardest part of the job is trying to do everything correctly while trying to multitask 5 other things. The most enjoyable part of the job is coming across patients that are very appreciative and happy with their experience.
very flexable for family work schedule's.
Practice Management (Former Employee), Joplin, MODecember 10, 2013
Pros: benefit's and hour's.
Cons: low wages
Very good place to work, great benefit's, good hour's, prn's to cover when unable to attend work due to illness, or family.
Good People
Director of Learning and Staff Development (Former Employee), Joplin, MOOctober 31, 2013
In Learning and Staff Development your day is not your own! It was very much dictated to doing what needed to be done, especially when caring for over 4,000 employees.
Not breaks, cronyism, strange vibe overall.
RN (Current Employee), Joplin, MOOctober 18, 2013
Pros: ok work environment
Cons: no or short breaks, very poor pay for rn's
I am an RN, worked in an acute care area. Most of the time we got lunch, rarely ever any other breaks. My hiring process was very unorganized and poorly handled. You have to go to Occumed for a physical test like moving patients, beds, etc. This was a joke: the bed I had to push was broken and about 30 years old. In a real hospital setting, we wouldn't even be using this piece of garbage. I could barely move it and you push it around in a big circle. The gurney they had me use to simulate moving a 200 lb patient to and from a wheelchair did not lock; I pointed this out and noted that I would refuse to move a patient with equipment like this; the staff at Occumed did not care and made me do it and I hurt my back. But I didn't tell them because I was afraid of not getting the job which I really needed. The overall impression I got was if you were of a certain age, you won't get hired because alot of older people would not get through this testing.
My orientation started out iffy but got much better when I was placed with a different person orienting me. But I felt at times that I just couldn't get enough time with her as we worked many opposing shifts, or she had meetings, etc. Frequently just winged it alone; I would ask other staff members if I had questions, but there were times when I felt very overwhelmed.
My supervisor was very good, but it was REALLY hard to get with her when I needed to.
As a nurse, it could be better and prob will be. BUT... The hospital and Joplin overall has very low wages for nurses; the wage I started at is what I made 10 years ago. Experience should – more... account for something and I am being paid the same as new grads. Freeman does offer extra income if you do alot of extra stuff on the side, they call it the TAPP program. Really, I have a life away from work and feel I should be paid a reasonable wage as an RN and not have to come to meetings on my day off or do volunteer work, etc to make a living. Joplin nursing homes actually pay more than the hospitals but if you want to keep up your skills you need to work in hospitals so it's a catch 22.
There does seem to be cronyism here; some staff members get away with things that other staff get in trouble for. One nurse is a relative of one of the surgeons and she can do no wrong, when she is there; she calls in frequently. – less
Qualify applicate
emp (Former Employee), ...October 8, 2013
If you qualify for the position, and in your advanced years. They will not hire you. They practice a form of silence age discrimination. Because HR passes the buck to other departments..
ok to work for
Admissions Rep Specialist (Current Employee), Joplin, MOAugust 23, 2013
Pros: payroll deduct
Cons: short lunch
I usually come to work and be like what will I do wrong today.I don't feel comfortable here employees act like they like you in your face but turn around and talk about you behind your back

FREEMAN HEALTH SYSTEM Salaries