FREEMAN HEALTH SYSTEM Employee Reviews

Best job I ever had
Nutrition Services (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOFebruary 23, 2018
Great people, Good management, wonderful benefits. What I also liked about the job is Its a fast paced job so you never get bored and time goes by fast!
Pros
free lunch, paid time off
Cons
half hour break, stay on your feet entire shift
Unit Secretary
Unit Secretary-Part Time-Overnights (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MOFebruary 8, 2018
A typical day would consist of making copies, answering calls, transfering information, some admissions work, helping staff with duties, and front desk assistance.
productive
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MOJanuary 26, 2018
I work on the call team and I just do not enjoy the job anymore. A typical day at work is I go to work at 6 pm and work till all the patients are in their rooms. Sometimes that is all night long and this can happen 4 nights a week.
Pros
good hours off every friday saturday and sunday
Cons
on call 4 days a week
Like Family
Transportation/ courier (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MOJanuary 13, 2018
I am treated well and Inlove foo g to work. I feel at home . They have my back always and provide a lot of training. I have been a patient there a lot and I work there also!! Freemen takes great care of me in many ways
Pros
Excellent benefits
Great place to work!
Doctor's Office Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Neosho, MODecember 27, 2017
Great place to work with good benefits: health, dental, vision, 401k, PTO, paid vacation, sick leave, FMLA. Great bunch of people to work with and it felt like a Freeman family.
I love my job
Hospitalist Lead Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MONovember 12, 2017
I love what I do at Freeman. I have great people I work with
I have wonderful benefits. I would recommend Freeman to others both for employment and healthcare. I have worked there almost 25 years and have been through many changes throughout the years. Most changes have been to better serve the community.
In my career at Freeman I have been in positions that I have enjoyed.
Not a good place to work
Government Specialist (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOOctober 16, 2017
Management in the Patient Accounts area was horrible. The stress placed on employees was incredible and management didn't care about the individual employee.
Pros
Pto
Employee efforts noticed
Communications Specialist (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MOOctober 12, 2017
Employees are encouraged to post notes regarding jobs well done to a website which notifies the coworker who did a good job and their boss. This is very encouraging to have your efforts noticed.
Pros
good entry level location
Cons
limited advancement
Great leaders within the health system
Manager Patient Engagement and Population Health (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MOOctober 1, 2017
I have had amazing leaders that support personal growth and work like balance. I have had the opportunity for career growth and learning additional skills that I can carry with my throughout my career.
Stressful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOSeptember 18, 2017
This job is horrible. Management is awful in the billing dept. There is widespread favoritism in the department. I hated working in the environment as it was very unhealthy.
Pros
not any
Cons
everything about the dept
No shift flexability
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MOSeptember 15, 2017
I was not able to take any weekends off. most night shifts I worked alone one maintenance man for the entire hospital.I learned a little bit about a lot of different systems at FHS. I did not interact with management very much, when I got off the were just getting to work. Dealing with the old and dated system, a lot of water leaks and failing systems.
Pros
Working 2 job codes, Gen.Maint and CNA Tech extra money long hrs.
Cons
Work OT they took PTO hrs and cut the OT pay
Good company bad management
Endoscopy Technician (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MOSeptember 6, 2017
Like anywhere you work there are always going to be managers you do not like. At Freeman it seems a lot of them gathered there. A manager / charge nurse can make or break a unit and there is a lot of breaking going on.
not bad
Patient account representative (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOAugust 29, 2017
Not a bad place to work. Room to advance throughout the facilities. Job is ever changing based on current economy. Apply and try it. Not many holidays is only drawback.
low pay
LPN Office Nurse / Float Nurse (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOAugust 21, 2017
many years of service there. they seemed to quit caring about staff as the years went on. They have some really good staff managers and staff that really care.
Pros
staff that care
Cons
seem to not care a much as they used to
Fast paced, and great team work
Nurse Technician II (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MOAugust 20, 2017
Being at Freeman for 17 years, I was able to work in different departments there. You able to transfer within the hospital easily. The management could be a lot better.
Pros
Pay roll your lunch, and your medicine
Cons
Not enough staff
Freeman tries very hard to make employees feel appreciated, and strive to be the best place to give and receive care.
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MOAugust 16, 2017
As a system, Freeman does a great job making employees feel appreciated, however some managers are not as successful as others. I know some departments fight for their employees to be able to advance to their highest potential professionally and financially, and some will not fight as hard for their employees thus holding them back of their full potential.
Pros
Fellow employees are like family. They work together as a team, and help each other any time that they are able if they see the need arise to do so.
Cons
Some employees are paid on the national wage index and others the local, causing some to feel unappreciated.
Very Nice Environment to work
Senior QA Automation Engineer (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MOAugust 15, 2017
Great employees who care about patients.
he benefits are decent but could be better considering that it is a hospital.
Friendly staff, good benefits, ongoing educational support
Phlebotomy team was great.
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MOAugust 13, 2017
Great teamwork by phlebotomy team, they were hardworking, knowledgeable and fun to work with. Poor management and other departments in the hospital did not treat phlebotomy team as professionals.
Supportive and knowledgeable Compliance department.
Supervisor, Phys. Prof. Coding and Documentation (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MOJuly 21, 2017
I enjoy auditing outpatient coding, and performing evaluation and management documentation audits. I enjoy providing the physicians with feedback concerning their documentation, and researching coding issues.
Ability to work alone for long periods and manage time efficiently.
Transcriptionist (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MO 64804July 17, 2017
I get up and begin my day and basically I type all day. Working from home allows me to take short breaks but I am more focused with no distractions and I am more efficient.
Pros
No distractions.
Cons
No social contact except by phone or email.