FREEMAN HEALTH SYSTEM Employee Reviews

I had a strained relationship there because of my Army reserve status.
Security Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Joplin Mo.March 10, 2016
I started at Freeman Health as a part time carpenter then was moved to a full time position as the clinic carpenter / maintenance.
Then when maintenance department took over security I applied for and received the security coordinator position.

There was times when I was deployed that the security supervisor position was open and I would apply for it on line but I never received the opportunity for the advancement, nor was I interviewed for it as it was filled before I would return home.
I was told once that they did not like my military manner by my supervisor who latter became the director while I had twice applied as supervisor.
But overall the experience was tolerable and a good learning lesson, however a good sense of humor there will not get you far.
Pros
The work was mostly inside in a controled enviroment.
Cons
A leader in a special field should have a working knowledge of that field
Freeman review
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MOJune 21, 2016
- I learned a lot of skills, technology, terminology, diseases and legal issues concerning the Health Care field & Patient Care.
- The Management team went above and beyond to accommodate & deal with all sorts of issues concerning patients, medicine, employees, visitors & dire health situations that were even beyond their scope or means.
- Most of the time we had a great team especially on nights where things could be rough as we didn't have most management & offices opened. But, we dwell well with most situations that occurred.
- The toughest part of the job included heavy lifting of patients, dealing with unruly visitors and patients, even having to call security.
- I Loved the job because i acquired a lot of knowledge beyond my imagination. It paid well, had a lot of incentives and Continuous Education Programmes.
Pros
Abundant Knowledge & Friendly work Team
Cons
Irrational Patients
Money is the name of the game.
Clinic nurse, ICU nurse (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOSeptember 21, 2016
Did various jobs throughout the system. Office environments are generally friendly and care for their staff and patients. Hospital setting is unfriendly, cut-throat and only concerned with making money and competing with the other hospital in town. The other nurses are mean and "eat their young" instead of mentoring them. Not recommended in the hospital setting. Jobs are not secure. They have been known to clean house of the older nurses who have lots of benefits and have earned longevity bonuses.
Pros
Office setting is great.
Cons
Hospital setting is not good for patients or staff.
Great place of work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOSeptember 14, 2016
I do not feel that management treated everyone the same with current situations I feel as if you had been there for a while they expected you to train and teach everyone how to do the job even when you were not informed you are the person in charge of training them. I do not feel the work load was spread evenly threw co-workers.
Pros
Great co-workers the Dr was great to work for
Cons
working late was a must/ work load
Loved the work, my co workers and the patients
Oncology Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOFebruary 4, 2016
I was very happy with my job itself, my coworkers and the patients. I worked 3 days a week in the telephone triage, in the outpatient cancer institute. I worked 2 days a week in the chemo/treatment room. I enjoyed the change, and the challenge of telephone triage. I worked very well my co workers, actually went all over the building to help out when needed. I would frequently get pulled to go help if one of the Dr's nurses was off, of if they needed help in the non chemo infusion area. I also enjoyed that aspect of it. I enjoyed the relationships that developed between my co workers and myself. Love the patient interactions, ability to really teach them about their disease process and the s/e that they could expect from their chemo.
My only issue is the one that lead to my leaving. I was told several times that I would be compensated for my OCN at $1.00 per hr. After I took the OCN and passed, the company decided that they would not honor that. That is why I left.
Pros
wonderful hours
Cons
lack of honest leadership.
Very good ppl to work with
RMA (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MOAugust 22, 2016
I work with people that really cares to help. Wants to see each other succeed. Very encouraging and wants to help. We are a team. Dr is fun.
Pros
Fun people
Cons
4 day work week
Nice people to work with
Nutrition Hostess (Current Employee) –  Neosho, MOMarch 16, 2016
The people at Freeman are great to work with! They have become like a second family to me. Like all jobs there is a downfall but the pros outnumber the cons. I have learned so much about the medical field just by being able to shadow different departments. Freeman is great to help you further your education and they are a very supportive staff.
Good work experience.
Receptionist/Secretary (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MOJuly 18, 2016
I enjoy the employees and most people are very nice. Good work experience and loved meeting new people.
Strict and Scheduled Work Environment
Admissions Representative Specialist (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MOJanuary 7, 2014
A typical day at work is a very busy day. I have learned how to balance my time and to say no if need be. Management will work with you only if you work with them, however it is hard to receive raises and to move up in the department. The co-workers are for the most part very easy to work with, but you have to depend on them to do everything correctly because otherwise you are going back to fix their mistakes. The hardest part of the job is trying to do everything correctly while trying to multitask 5 other things. The most enjoyable part of the job is coming across patients that are very appreciative and happy with their experience.
Pros
10 minute on the clock breaks
Cons
strict work environment
Lots of favoritism, too much workload & Management is by far the worst people I ever dealt with.
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MOAugust 28, 2015
Management like to recognize and appreciate those they like and favor. Not only do co-workers talk behind each others back management talk about their employees!! They give you so much workload and the process of dividend work to your peers is unfair. They don't ever appreciate or knowledge the work you do.

Many of the people I work with are over the age of 25 and up who act like juveniles or worst. They can't seem to get along. Majority of them love to gossip and talk behind each others back.
Cons
No breaks
More concern for employees than other hospital in town
RN (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MOAugust 10, 2015
Staffing has been much better than it was across the street. Committees for employees and changes actually occur. Very busy, but that is the nature of the business.
Pros
employee consideration
Cons
no raise this year
Great benefits & coworkers
clerk (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MOOctober 12, 2014
I love my job here at Freeman. I work with kind and fun people and I have learned a lot through my job here. I like the benefits and the ability to make up time when I have appointments.

My only qualm with my job would be with management. There have been a number of occasions where I have learned something new going on for my job through coworkers first. That doesn't seem right nor professional with me. I also feel I've been had with them. Earlier in the year, at my evaluation, I was told that they were eager to get me training in other positions within my department so that when I'm ready to move up, I'd know which position I'd prefer. The next day or so I saw a position that I was interested in and applied only to get called into the office and told that they wanted me to learn other jobs. So I withdrew from that job and waited for the training opportunities they had for me. That was about 7 months ago and I've only learned one other position.

I really enjoy my job here but I know I cannot advance with it.
Pros
coworkers, benefits, ability to make up time for appointments
Cons
pay & management
Terrible place to work
Admissions (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MoFebruary 26, 2015
I was hired, worked for a week, then they fired me, and made me pay for scrubs out of my paycheck that FREEMAN sold to me. The reason was because they saw a DWI from 7 years prior on my background check, that they were already aware of prior to my first day of work. Then decided it was an issue after working for a week. Upper management will not return your calls and they will threaten harassment charges when you follow-up about receiving a return phone call.
Pros
there are not any pros
Cons
unprofessional at best
Steady work decent people
Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MoSeptember 23, 2015
Housekeeping and transport departments work for a third-party contractor who has bad management . Clinical staff is very professional and know their jobs . Although they tend to take advantage of the contract the departments
Pros
Good steady job
Good Learning Experince
Dr. Casanova/Pain Management/ Nurse (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MODecember 7, 2015
I learned a lot from the office manager, made good connections with the patients, and worked along side the Nurse Practitioner. I learned more than I ever thought I could in such a short time, and it was one of my favorite jobs.
Pros
Free Lunch from Reps, good people to work with day after day
Cons
Company Growing, very busy
A wonderful experience
Speech Language Pathologist (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOJuly 11, 2015
I began my career as and SLP with Freeman Health System.
During that time, I was given many opportunities to expand my knowledge base and expertise in my area of interest. Even when budget cuts occurred, Freeman allowed me the time to obtain continuing education outside our facility in order to provide the up to date and cutting edge therapy for my patients.
Pros
supportive
Cons
Insurance woes and limitations
Opportunity, Variety of departments to work for
Front desk/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MODecember 2, 2015
Had a great experience working for this company! I was a float, receptionist and traveled to different departments performing the same duties of receptionist but adapting to different offices. Enjoyed this job a lot, miss my Freeman family!
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Traveling
not enough work ethic by staff and mgmt shows favoritism
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MOMay 11, 2014
work four 10 hour days on Medicare follow up
how to effectively resolve aged accounts
management shows favoritism to a few and there isn't a lot of support
A few of my co-workers, mostly upper 30's and above are very dependable. Many are in early 20's and have little/no work ethic
Getting MCR to pay some claims
Accomplishing my goal of resolving accounts
Pros
job security
Cons
no breaks or accountability
housekeeping
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOSeptember 1, 2015
In this job you must learn and know your floors because you'll get to clean all over the hospital. you will get to clean from a room to a lobby and a lab.
Pros
good work out
Cons
bad management
Free Starbucks and cafe food, what's not to love?
Barista (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MOOctober 20, 2015
Amazing food, drinks, and workers all around! Customers are nice as well! GREAT place to start with your foot in the door, hard to advance or go anywhere within a year though, to change in the system everyone has something to say about it, as in if you can and can't change positions, and when and why you can or cannot.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FREEMAN HEALTH SYSTEM. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9