FREEMAN HEALTH SYSTEM Employee Reviews

Stressful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOSeptember 18, 2017
This job is horrible. Management is awful in the billing dept. There is widespread favoritism in the department. I hated working in the environment as it was very unhealthy.
Pros
not any
Cons
everything about the dept
No shift flexability
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MOSeptember 15, 2017
I was not able to take any weekends off. most night shifts I worked alone one maintenance man for the entire hospital.I learned a little bit about a lot of different systems at FHS. I did not interact with management very much, when I got off the were just getting to work. Dealing with the old and dated system, a lot of water leaks and failing systems.
Pros
Working 2 job codes, Gen.Maint and CNA Tech extra money long hrs.
Cons
Work OT they took PTO hrs and cut the OT pay
Good company bad management
Endoscopy Technician (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MOSeptember 6, 2017
Like anywhere you work there are always going to be managers you do not like. At Freeman it seems a lot of them gathered there. A manager / charge nurse can make or break a unit and there is a lot of breaking going on.
not bad
Patient account representative (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOAugust 29, 2017
Not a bad place to work. Room to advance throughout the facilities. Job is ever changing based on current economy. Apply and try it. Not many holidays is only drawback.
low pay
LPN Office Nurse / Float Nurse (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOAugust 21, 2017
many years of service there. they seemed to quit caring about staff as the years went on. They have some really good staff managers and staff that really care.
Pros
staff that care
Cons
seem to not care a much as they used to
Fast paced, and great team work
Nurse Technician II (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MOAugust 20, 2017
Being at Freeman for 17 years, I was able to work in different departments there. You able to transfer within the hospital easily. The management could be a lot better.
Pros
Pay roll your lunch, and your medicine
Cons
Not enough staff
Freeman tries very hard to make employees feel appreciated, and strive to be the best place to give and receive care.
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MOAugust 16, 2017
As a system, Freeman does a great job making employees feel appreciated, however some managers are not as successful as others. I know some departments fight for their employees to be able to advance to their highest potential professionally and financially, and some will not fight as hard for their employees thus holding them back of their full potential.
Pros
Fellow employees are like family. They work together as a team, and help each other any time that they are able if they see the need arise to do so.
Cons
Some employees are paid on the national wage index and others the local, causing some to feel unappreciated.
Very Nice Environment to work
Senior QA Automation Engineer (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MOAugust 15, 2017
Great employees who care about patients.
he benefits are decent but could be better considering that it is a hospital.
Friendly staff, good benefits, ongoing educational support
Phlebotomy team was great.
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MOAugust 13, 2017
Great teamwork by phlebotomy team, they were hardworking, knowledgeable and fun to work with. Poor management and other departments in the hospital did not treat phlebotomy team as professionals.
Supportive and knowledgeable Compliance department.
Supervisor, Phys. Prof. Coding and Documentation (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MOJuly 21, 2017
I enjoy auditing outpatient coding, and performing evaluation and management documentation audits. I enjoy providing the physicians with feedback concerning their documentation, and researching coding issues.

Want to know more about FREEMAN HEALTH SYSTEM?

Ask a question
Ability to work alone for long periods and manage time efficiently.
Transcriptionist (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MO 64804July 17, 2017
I get up and begin my day and basically I type all day. Working from home allows me to take short breaks but I am more focused with no distractions and I am more efficient.
Pros
No distractions.
Cons
No social contact except by phone or email.
Short staffed
AR Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MOJune 19, 2017
I have worked in the medical field for forty years, and believe me I know short staffed departments when I see it. Freeman Business Center pushes their employees to the breaking point. Management also changes their policies way too often; sometimes, monthly. They do not get the employees advice or consult with them before major changes take place. It really makes no sense for an automatic delay be put on an account for 180 days when the insurance company has a timely filing of 180 days... now the claim is timely and cannot be submitted. ... Makes no sense.
Pros
Close, convenient and most co-workers.
Met new people everyday
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOJune 13, 2017
I would clean the patients room after they were discharged. I interacted with the public. Met some nice people. I was always at work and never at home
Pros
The people
Cons
No breaks 12-15 hour days
Great therapy team
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MOMay 11, 2017
Being part of Freeman's therapy team was very rewarding, including the privilege of getting to work with a broad and diverse group of patients, and interact with a variety of physicians and other practitioners! I would recommend Freeman to everyone!
Pros
Great benefits, diverse experience
CoWorkers and Bosses were easy to work with and for
Nutrition Hostess (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MOMay 10, 2017
The job could be stressful but the coordinators and my coworkers made it bearable. The different diets are very important to the health and well being of the patients. The hardest part of the job was the hours sometimes if extra help was needed but the most rewarding part of the job was interacting with the patients and their caregivers.
Pros
Checking out the new items before serving them to the patient
Cons
Difficult patients
Good company with good benefits.
QUALITY CONTROL SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOMarch 31, 2017
Freeman Health System is a good place to work for someone without a college degree. The pay isn't the best but the benefits (i.e. insurance and bonuses) help make up the difference.
great place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOMarch 24, 2017
For the most part the management was for the most part wonderful and helpful. we all worked as a team and that made things better when you had a patient overload.
Horrible communication, low pay, harassment environment
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MOMarch 22, 2017
Horrible work environment! Administration is dishonest, no compassion for patients and very low pay. All about the profit. Would not recommend working for Freeman Health System.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Harassing work environment, low pay and no compassion for patients and their rights.
Freeman Health was a good place to work, coworks are second to none.
Regisitered Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Neosho MoFebruary 27, 2017
I worked at Freeman Health for a year as a RMA in their float pool first in Joplin then Neosho. The people were great, the hours good, the pay okay considering Missouri's cost of living. I am passionate about my chosen career Freeman made it easy to use my skills and learn new and exciting ones. Would have never have left Freeman if I hadn't moved. Would go back to work for Freeman in a heart beat if they had a clinic here in Arkansas.
Pros
People, work load
Cons
Pay, no reimbursement to Medical Assistants wanting to go back to school to become RN etc.
freeman
Charge Nurse, RN (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOFebruary 19, 2017
Freeman was a great place to work, the best education around.
The main problem is the pay. Southeast Missouri pays must less than other parts of the country.
Freeman Neosho diverts patients they could care for, but other than that it is a good place to work