FREEMAN HEALTH SYSTEM Employee Reviews

Money is the name of the game.
Clinic nurse, ICU nurse (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOSeptember 21, 2016
Did various jobs throughout the system. Office environments are generally friendly and care for their staff and patients. Hospital setting is unfriendly, cut-throat and only concerned with making money and competing with the other hospital in town. The other nurses are mean and "eat their young" instead of mentoring them. Not recommended in the hospital setting. Jobs are not secure. They have been known to clean house of the older nurses who have lots of benefits and have earned longevity bonuses.
Pros
Office setting is great.
Cons
Hospital setting is not good for patients or staff.
Has a lot of high school drama
Psychiatric Technician (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MONovember 30, 2016
If you are the new kid on the block, the older techs will basically harass you and make you miserable if you are more likable then they are. I was personally told that some of the techs and nurses were seeing how far they could push me until I quit. I can honestly say I would never work for them again. Management is horrible and play off the good old boy system. And there is a lot of bullying that happens and nothing is done about it.
Pros
benefits, make your own schedule
Cons
A lot of work place drama and bullying that goes unchecked
Freeman review
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MOJune 21, 2016
- I learned a lot of skills, technology, terminology, diseases and legal issues concerning the Health Care field & Patient Care.
- The Management team went above and beyond to accommodate & deal with all sorts of issues concerning patients, medicine, employees, visitors & dire health situations that were even beyond their scope or means.
- Most of the time we had a great team especially on nights where things could be rough as we didn't have most management & offices opened. But, we dwell well with most situations that occurred.
- The toughest part of the job included heavy lifting of patients, dealing with unruly visitors and patients, even having to call security.
- I Loved the job because i acquired a lot of knowledge beyond my imagination. It paid well, had a lot of incentives and Continuous Education Programmes.
Pros
Abundant Knowledge & Friendly work Team
Cons
Irrational Patients
Great place of work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOSeptember 14, 2016
I do not feel that management treated everyone the same with current situations I feel as if you had been there for a while they expected you to train and teach everyone how to do the job even when you were not informed you are the person in charge of training them. I do not feel the work load was spread evenly threw co-workers.
Pros
Great co-workers the Dr was great to work for
Cons
working late was a must/ work load
I had a strained relationship there because of my Army reserve status.
Security Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Joplin Mo.March 10, 2016
I started at Freeman Health as a part time carpenter then was moved to a full time position as the clinic carpenter / maintenance.
Then when maintenance department took over security I applied for and received the security coordinator position.

There was times when I was deployed that the security supervisor position was open and I would apply for it on line but I never received the opportunity for the advancement, nor was I interviewed for it as it was filled before I would return home.
I was told once that they did not like my military manner by my supervisor who latter became the director while I had twice applied as supervisor.
But overall the experience was tolerable and a good learning lesson, however a good sense of humor there will not get you far.
Pros
The work was mostly inside in a controled enviroment.
Cons
A leader in a special field should have a working knowledge of that field
team work
Radiology/Pathology Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MO 64804December 1, 2016
Freeman is a great place to work. I received all the training I needed to work in pathology and radiology, as well as general office skills, including copy machine, phone, fax, printing reports.
Pros
Discounted meals.
Cons
decrease in work sometimes
Strict and Scheduled Work Environment
Admissions Representative Specialist (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MOJanuary 7, 2014
A typical day at work is a very busy day. I have learned how to balance my time and to say no if need be. Management will work with you only if you work with them, however it is hard to receive raises and to move up in the department. The co-workers are for the most part very easy to work with, but you have to depend on them to do everything correctly because otherwise you are going back to fix their mistakes. The hardest part of the job is trying to do everything correctly while trying to multitask 5 other things. The most enjoyable part of the job is coming across patients that are very appreciative and happy with their experience.
Pros
10 minute on the clock breaks
Cons
strict work environment
Very good ppl to work with
RMA (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MOAugust 22, 2016
I work with people that really cares to help. Wants to see each other succeed. Very encouraging and wants to help. We are a team. Dr is fun.
Pros
Fun people
Cons
4 day work week
Great benefits & coworkers
clerk (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MOOctober 12, 2014
I love my job here at Freeman. I work with kind and fun people and I have learned a lot through my job here. I like the benefits and the ability to make up time when I have appointments.

My only qualm with my job would be with management. There have been a number of occasions where I have learned something new going on for my job through coworkers first. That doesn't seem right nor professional with me. I also feel I've been had with them. Earlier in the year, at my evaluation, I was told that they were eager to get me training in other positions within my department so that when I'm ready to move up, I'd know which position I'd prefer. The next day or so I saw a position that I was interested in and applied only to get called into the office and told that they wanted me to learn other jobs. So I withdrew from that job and waited for the training opportunities they had for me. That was about 7 months ago and I've only learned one other position.

I really enjoy my job here but I know I cannot advance with it.
Pros
Coworkers, benefits, ability to make up time for appointments
Cons
Pay & management
More concern for employees than other hospital in town
RN (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MOAugust 10, 2015
Staffing has been much better than it was across the street. Committees for employees and changes actually occur. Very busy, but that is the nature of the business.
Pros
employee consideration
Cons
no raise this year
Don't Work Here
Pharmacy Technician CPhT (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MOJanuary 13, 2015
Freeman was probably the worst job I've ever had, and I worked fast food. Some pros include: great benefits, guaranteed hours for full and part time employees, pay well. Cons: just about everyone hates each other, the hours suck (typical hospital hours), benefits don't kick in for full time people until 120 days, if you're sick, there's no sick time they force you to use PTO (paid time off). If they schedule you an extra day off, they force you to use PTO because you have to have 40 hours a week when full time. The people in the department I worked at all hated each other and subsequently treated everyone else like dirt. If you decided to work here, all I have to say is, "Good luck."
Good work experience.
Receptionist/Secretary (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MOJuly 18, 2016
I enjoy the employees and most people are very nice. Good work experience and loved meeting new people.
Team work is key in this facility
Cardiology Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MOFebruary 23, 2015
Very busy day/night including admits, discharges, and routine care

Complete duties in an expeditious fashion to improve availability to other RNs when needed

Teamwork is a must!

Education opportunities available on the internet

Totally satisfying to see a patient leave our care in better condition, with more knowledge related to their admitting diagnosis, and information to reduce admissions than when they arrived!
Pros
Onboarding Specialist available
Cons
Short and sometimes no breaks, No weekend compensation
Loved the work, my co workers and the patients
Oncology Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOFebruary 4, 2016
I was very happy with my job itself, my coworkers and the patients. I worked 3 days a week in the telephone triage, in the outpatient cancer institute. I worked 2 days a week in the chemo/treatment room. I enjoyed the change, and the challenge of telephone triage. I worked very well my co workers, actually went all over the building to help out when needed. I would frequently get pulled to go help if one of the Dr's nurses was off, of if they needed help in the non chemo infusion area. I also enjoyed that aspect of it. I enjoyed the relationships that developed between my co workers and myself. Love the patient interactions, ability to really teach them about their disease process and the s/e that they could expect from their chemo.
My only issue is the one that lead to my leaving. I was told several times that I would be compensated for my OCN at $1.00 per hr. After I took the OCN and passed, the company decided that they would not honor that. That is why I left.
Pros
wonderful hours
Cons
lack of honest leadership.
Nice people to work with
Nutrition Hostess (Current Employee) –  Neosho, MOMarch 16, 2016
The people at Freeman are great to work with! They have become like a second family to me. Like all jobs there is a downfall but the pros outnumber the cons. I have learned so much about the medical field just by being able to shadow different departments. Freeman is great to help you further your education and they are a very supportive staff.
Professional Company, They care about their Customers.
LAB ASSISTANT/PHLEBOTOMIST (Former Employee) –  Neosho, MOFebruary 6, 2015
I worked for this company for 7 years total, I really enjoyed this company. Compensation was very good and comparable. I really liked that this company, made time to get employee opinion's on everything. I loved my manager, Overall a very good company to work for!
Great environment, family atmosphere lots of benefits
Management (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MODecember 9, 2014
Enjoy working there, plenty of benefits and great sense of community within the organization. While many processes are old and need to be updated, the organization is moving forward in a good way. Would highly recommend the organization.
Could be good in right department
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOSeptember 26, 2012
Freeman could be a very good place to work depending on what department you are in and if you have a strong manager.
Pros
ok benefits, strong executive team
Cons
inconsistent application of pay philosophy, kissing up valued over hard work, low accountability for some managers
Challenging place to work at times with great peers
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MOJune 15, 2013
Co-workers for the most part are dedicated. Hardest part of the job is the nurse to patient ratio. Management tends to micro-manage.
Pros
Short commute; wonderful benefits and coworkers
Cons
staffing shortages; high nurse to patient ratio
Lots of favoritism, too much workload & Management is by far the worst people I ever dealt with.
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MOAugust 28, 2015
Management like to recognize and appreciate those they like and favor. Not only do co-workers talk behind each others back management talk about their employees!! They give you so much workload and the process of dividend work to your peers is unfair. They don't ever appreciate or knowledge the work you do.

Many of the people I work with are over the age of 25 and up who act like juveniles or worst. They can't seem to get along. Majority of them love to gossip and talk behind each others back.
Cons
No breaks

2.8