FREEMAN HEALTH SYSTEM Employee Reviews

Great therapy team
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MOMay 11, 2017
Being part of Freeman's therapy team was very rewarding, including the privilege of getting to work with a broad and diverse group of patients, and interact with a variety of physicians and other practitioners! I would recommend Freeman to everyone!
Pros
Great benefits, diverse experience
CoWorkers and Bosses were easy to work with and for
Nutrition Hostess (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MOMay 10, 2017
The job could be stressful but the coordinators and my coworkers made it bearable. The different diets are very important to the health and well being of the patients. The hardest part of the job was the hours sometimes if extra help was needed but the most rewarding part of the job was interacting with the patients and their caregivers.
Pros
Checking out the new items before serving them to the patient
Cons
Difficult patients
Good company with good benefits.
QUALITY CONTROL SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOMarch 31, 2017
Freeman Health System is a good place to work for someone without a college degree. The pay isn't the best but the benefits (i.e. insurance and bonuses) help make up the difference.
great place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOMarch 24, 2017
For the most part the management was for the most part wonderful and helpful. we all worked as a team and that made things better when you had a patient overload.
Horrible communication, low pay, harassment environment
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MOMarch 22, 2017
Horrible work environment! Administration is dishonest, no compassion for patients and very low pay. All about the profit. Would not recommend working for Freeman Health System.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Harassing work environment, low pay and no compassion for patients and their rights.
Freeman Health was a good place to work, coworks are second to none.
Regisitered Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Neosho MoFebruary 27, 2017
I worked at Freeman Health for a year as a RMA in their float pool first in Joplin then Neosho. The people were great, the hours good, the pay okay considering Missouri's cost of living. I am passionate about my chosen career Freeman made it easy to use my skills and learn new and exciting ones. Would have never have left Freeman if I hadn't moved. Would go back to work for Freeman in a heart beat if they had a clinic here in Arkansas.
Pros
People, work load
Cons
Pay, no reimbursement to Medical Assistants wanting to go back to school to become RN etc.
freeman
Charge Nurse, RN (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOFebruary 19, 2017
Freeman was a great place to work, the best education around.
The main problem is the pay. Southeast Missouri pays must less than other parts of the country.
Freeman Neosho diverts patients they could care for, but other than that it is a good place to work
busy and productive workplace, terrible management
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOJanuary 31, 2017
While I worked at this facility, I learned the inner workings of the housekeeping and what had to be done to maintain a healthy, productive environment inside a hospital. However, the managers I worked with were lazy, rude, and vulgar. I had a friend who was pregnant at the time, and a manager who worked there at the time, and was married, often flirted with her in a very unprofessional manner. I am not sure if he works there still.
Pros
Good co workers, good schedule
Cons
unprofessional and un organized management
Freeman Health System encourages employees to excel
Risk Management Representative (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOJanuary 19, 2017
Left employment due to husband being transferred. FHS makes every effort to provide a safe environment for both patients and employees. The healthcare provider sponsors many events in the community.
Good place to work in general
IT Employee (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MOJanuary 18, 2017
Some departments are better than others. Working can be very off the cuff at times and policies are not followed as much as they should be.
Top notch patient care, work culture
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Neosho, MOJanuary 6, 2017
Management, preceptors provided support and education throughout orientation process. I appreciated the teamwork among coworkers, and the hospitalists were approachable. Over all it was a good experience.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
No negatives
Excellent work place
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MODecember 29, 2016
Very capable co workers and management. I enjoyed all aspects of the job. The patients were a joy to work with as well as the staff. I fully recomend Freeman.
Positive Work Environment
Secretary/CNA (Current Employee) –  1102 W 32nd street Joplin MODecember 27, 2016
Answering phone calls
Helping patients with their needs
Paper work

The hardest part of my job is staying organized when i am doing multiple tasks all at once.

The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting and helping the patients.

My coworkers are very helpful and help keep a positive work environment no matter how bad of a day it is.

My management is awesome. They do anything they can to help their employees in any way they can.
Pros
Working 12 hours at a time and only being required to work 3 days a week.
Cons
Working 12 hours at a time and being away from my family
Fun place to work
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Neosho, MODecember 21, 2016
I really liked my job had issues with people I worked with but the job itself was great
Cleaned patients room and help them be as comfortable as possible while they had to be in the hospital
team work
Radiology/Pathology Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MO 64804December 1, 2016
Freeman is a great place to work. I received all the training I needed to work in pathology and radiology, as well as general office skills, including copy machine, phone, fax, printing reports.
Pros
Discounted meals.
Cons
decrease in work sometimes
Has a lot of high school drama
Psychiatric Technician (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MONovember 30, 2016
If you are the new kid on the block, the older techs will basically harass you and make you miserable if you are more likable then they are. I was personally told that some of the techs and nurses were seeing how far they could push me until I quit. I can honestly say I would never work for them again. Management is horrible and play off the good old boy system. And there is a lot of bullying that happens and nothing is done about it.
Pros
benefits, make your own schedule
Cons
A lot of work place drama and bullying that goes unchecked
Money is the name of the game.
Clinic nurse, ICU nurse (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOSeptember 21, 2016
Did various jobs throughout the system. Office environments are generally friendly and care for their staff and patients. Hospital setting is unfriendly, cut-throat and only concerned with making money and competing with the other hospital in town. The other nurses are mean and "eat their young" instead of mentoring them. Not recommended in the hospital setting. Jobs are not secure. They have been known to clean house of the older nurses who have lots of benefits and have earned longevity bonuses.
Pros
Office setting is great.
Cons
Hospital setting is not good for patients or staff.
Great place of work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOSeptember 14, 2016
I do not feel that management treated everyone the same with current situations I feel as if you had been there for a while they expected you to train and teach everyone how to do the job even when you were not informed you are the person in charge of training them. I do not feel the work load was spread evenly threw co-workers.
Pros
Great co-workers the Dr was great to work for
Cons
working late was a must/ work load
Very good ppl to work with
RMA (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MOAugust 22, 2016
I work with people that really cares to help. Wants to see each other succeed. Very encouraging and wants to help. We are a team. Dr is fun.
Pros
Fun people
Cons
4 day work week
Good work experience.
Receptionist/Secretary (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MOJuly 18, 2016
I enjoy the employees and most people are very nice. Good work experience and loved meeting new people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FREEMAN HEALTH SYSTEM. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval