FREEMAN HEALTH SYSTEM Employee Reviews

Loved the work, my co workers and the patients
Oncology Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOFebruary 4, 2016
I was very happy with my job itself, my coworkers and the patients. I worked 3 days a week in the telephone triage, in the outpatient cancer institute. I worked 2 days a week in the chemo/treatment room. I enjoyed the change, and the challenge of telephone triage. I worked very well my co workers, actually went all over the building to help out when needed. I would frequently get pulled to go help if one of the Dr's nurses was off, of if they needed help in the non chemo infusion area. I also enjoyed that aspect of it. I enjoyed the relationships that developed between my co workers and myself. Love the patient interactions, ability to really teach them about their disease process and the s/e that they could expect from their chemo.
My only issue is the one that lead to my leaving. I was told several times that I would be compensated for my OCN at $1.00 per hr. After I took the OCN and passed, the company decided that they would not honor that. That is why I left.
Pros
wonderful hours
Cons
lack of honest leadership.
Good Learning Experince
Dr. Casanova/Pain Management/ Nurse (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MODecember 7, 2015
I learned a lot from the office manager, made good connections with the patients, and worked along side the Nurse Practitioner. I learned more than I ever thought I could in such a short time, and it was one of my favorite jobs.
Pros
Free Lunch from Reps, good people to work with day after day
Cons
Company Growing, very busy
Opportunity, Variety of departments to work for
Front desk/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MODecember 2, 2015
Had a great experience working for this company! I was a float, receptionist and traveled to different departments performing the same duties of receptionist but adapting to different offices. Enjoyed this job a lot, miss my Freeman family!
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Traveling
Free Starbucks and cafe food, what's not to love?
Barista (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MOOctober 20, 2015
Amazing food, drinks, and workers all around! Customers are nice as well! GREAT place to start with your foot in the door, hard to advance or go anywhere within a year though, to change in the system everyone has something to say about it, as in if you can and can't change positions, and when and why you can or cannot.
Steady work decent people
Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MoSeptember 23, 2015
Housekeeping and transport departments work for a third-party contractor who has bad management . Clinical staff is very professional and know their jobs . Although they tend to take advantage of the contract the departments
Pros
Good steady job
housekeeping
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOSeptember 1, 2015
In this job you must learn and know your floors because you'll get to clean all over the hospital. you will get to clean from a room to a lobby and a lab.
Pros
good work out
Cons
bad management
Lots of favoritism, too much workload & Management is by far the worst people I ever dealt with.
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MOAugust 28, 2015
Management like to recognize and appreciate those they like and favor. Not only do co-workers talk behind each others back management talk about their employees!! They give you so much workload and the process of dividend work to your peers is unfair. They don't ever appreciate or knowledge the work you do.

Many of the people I work with are over the age of 25 and up who act like juveniles or worst. They can't seem to get along. Majority of them love to gossip and talk behind each others back.
Cons
No breaks
Office Manager (Administrator)
Office Manager (Administrator) (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOAugust 18, 2015
I managed every aspect of the daily function of the medical office. I submitted billing daily and made sure the clinic was running smoothly. I handled insurance questions and made all orders for clinical equipment/material/medicine and office supplies.
More concern for employees than other hospital in town
RN (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MOAugust 10, 2015
Staffing has been much better than it was across the street. Committees for employees and changes actually occur. Very busy, but that is the nature of the business.
Pros
employee consideration
Cons
no raise this year
Self motivated work environment
Telecommunications Specialist (Current Employee) –  TelecomJuly 15, 2015
Uses the emergency notification system for various notifications such as weather alerts, disaster plans, and other similar events. If issues arise with the notification system then effectively notifies designated personnel via the phone or other designated methods and electronically documents appropriately.
Prompt notification of designated hospital personnel for responding to emergency codes when indicated and electronically documenting appropriately.
Prepares the physician call schedule for entire hospital.
Pros
Free time, able to help public with contacting their Physician
Cons
overnight hours, works alone 95 percent of the night
A wonderful experience
Speech Language Pathologist (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOJuly 11, 2015
I began my career as and SLP with Freeman Health System.
During that time, I was given many opportunities to expand my knowledge base and expertise in my area of interest. Even when budget cuts occurred, Freeman allowed me the time to obtain continuing education outside our facility in order to provide the up to date and cutting edge therapy for my patients.
Pros
supportive
Cons
Insurance woes and limitations
Terrible place to work
Admissions (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MoFebruary 26, 2015
I was hired, worked for a week, then they fired me, and made me pay for scrubs out of my paycheck that FREEMAN sold to me. The reason was because they saw a DWI from 7 years prior on my background check, that they were already aware of prior to my first day of work. Then decided it was an issue after working for a week. Upper management will not return your calls and they will threaten harassment charges when you follow-up about receiving a return phone call.
Pros
there are not any pros
Cons
unprofessional at best
Team work is key in this facility
Cardiology Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MOFebruary 23, 2015
Very busy day/night including admits, discharges, and routine care

Complete duties in an expeditious fashion to improve availability to other RNs when needed

Teamwork is a must!

Education opportunities available on the internet

Totally satisfying to see a patient leave our care in better condition, with more knowledge related to their admitting diagnosis, and information to reduce admissions than when they arrived!
Pros
onboarding specialist available
Cons
short and sometimes no breaks, no weekend compensation
Professional Company, They care about their Customers.
LAB ASSISTANT/PHLEBOTOMIST (Former Employee) –  Neosho, MOFebruary 6, 2015
I worked for this company for 7 years total, I really enjoyed this company. Compensation was very good and comparable. I really liked that this company, made time to get employee opinion's on everything. I loved my manager, Overall a very good company to work for!
Don't Work Here
Pharmacy Technician CPhT (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MOJanuary 13, 2015
Freeman was probably the worst job I've ever had, and I worked fast food. Some pros include: great benefits, guaranteed hours for full and part time employees, pay well. Cons: just about everyone hates each other, the hours suck (typical hospital hours), benefits don't kick in for full time people until 120 days, if you're sick, there's no sick time they force you to use PTO (paid time off). If they schedule you an extra day off, they force you to use PTO because you have to have 40 hours a week when full time. The people in the department I worked at all hated each other and subsequently treated everyone else like dirt. If you decided to work here, all I have to say is, "Good luck."
Great environment, family atmosphere lots of benefits
Management (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MODecember 9, 2014
Enjoy working there, plenty of benefits and great sense of community within the organization. While many processes are old and need to be updated, the organization is moving forward in a good way. Would highly recommend the organization.
Freeman is a good place to work to gain a wealth of work experience
Rescue / Float Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MONovember 5, 2014
Freeman is a good place to work to gain experience in the health care field.
Great benefits & coworkers
clerk (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MOOctober 12, 2014
I love my job here at Freeman. I work with kind and fun people and I have learned a lot through my job here. I like the benefits and the ability to make up time when I have appointments.

My only qualm with my job would be with management. There have been a number of occasions where I have learned something new going on for my job through coworkers first. That doesn't seem right nor professional with me. I also feel I've been had with them. Earlier in the year, at my evaluation, I was told that they were eager to get me training in other positions within my department so that when I'm ready to move up, I'd know which position I'd prefer. The next day or so I saw a position that I was interested in and applied only to get called into the office and told that they wanted me to learn other jobs. So I withdrew from that job and waited for the training opportunities they had for me. That was about 7 months ago and I've only learned one other position.

I really enjoy my job here but I know I cannot advance with it.
Pros
coworkers, benefits, ability to make up time for appointments
Cons
pay & management
productive work place
Nurse Tech / C.N.A (Former Employee) –  Neosho, MOSeptember 30, 2014
Great hospital to work for. Fast paced. Very rewarding, I learned a lot and met a lot of interesting people.
Pros
great insurance
Productive workplace
Posting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOAugust 18, 2014
Post money electronically and manually to patient accounts, issue refunds, adjust and transfer money on specific accounts.