Freeman Employee Reviews in United States

very formal work environment
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOJuly 31, 2016
while working at freeman it was very high paced and you had to do every thing you were told no matter if it wasn't part of your job title you had to work with every one well regardless of whether they had a good work ethic or not just to do your best
Pros
i got to meet new people
Cons
very stressful work environment
Great Job, Low Pay
Property Manager/Office Manager (Current Employee) –  StorPlaceJune 16, 2016
The company could afford to double the salary of every employee and still be overwhelmingly in the black. Benefits aren't great - just the bare minimum required by government. The largest problem with Freeman Management Group is cutting costs in areas where it means the most (property upkeep, employee health and happiness). The CEO doesn't listen to the big concerns of employees and concentrates on small inane things to keep most of them distracted from the real issues with working here.

On the up side, the job is easy. Lots of time to train yourself to do the job well, and lots of opportunity to learn things that are beyond your position (great management training and DM training with concentration on HR and financial reporting). The quality of life is great, but you make about half of what everyone else in the city makes.
Pros
Easy, training
Cons
Pay, Advancement, Benefits
Great place to work. Unfortunately my position was relocated to CA.
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 1, 2016
I went from being a Sr. Executive Admin to an Office Manager. In that time, I learned payroll, benefits, reviewing resumes, working directly with 200+ employees as well as overseeing 8-20 Administrative Asst/Sales Assts.

I also continued to support the SVP of the company including but not limited to calendar management, travel arrangements, expense reports, dictating letters, ordering Holiday cards/gifts, budget, etc.
Productive and Enjoyable work.
Vutek Operator/Graphic Design (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 19, 2016
It was a wonderful place to work. You should also know that they have a wonderful network. The hours and the management will also with you if you have family.
A Career
Management-Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 15, 2016
Freeman gave me the opportunity to by financially stable. They are a family oriented organization and have a great work environment.
good job
carpet dept laborer (Former Employee) –  bermuda and warmsprings Las Vegas, NVFebruary 11, 2016
it was good job always kept you busy.learned how to clean carpet .do custom logos carpets for show booths learned to do inventory, work orders,seam carpet ,and run carpet machine ,hardest part sometimes was the work orders a lot came in at the same time so we had to work fast to send the carpets on time to the convention shows.
Pros
always had work
Cons
didnt pay much
Company CEO is committed to excellence and staff development
Project Manager-Security and Automation (Current Employee) –  Bolton, NCJanuary 10, 2016
The management team of Freemans is deeply committed to cultivating diverse high-growth business opportunities; while encouraging employee engagement, innovative procedural developments, and overall employee quality of life.
Pros
Proffesional work environment
Cons
A great company to work for.
Management-Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 22, 2015
I work for freeman during the country's last "recession" and was one of the company wide layoffs. I would have loved to retire from this organization.
Pros
Salary, bonuses, access to convention shows.
Cons
Long hours, stressful environment, on call 24hrs.
productive and fun working place
UI Developer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 10, 2015
It has supportive management and decent amount of red tape and politics. It has also hardest days at job and the most enjoyable days also.
Small company, but great leader in industry
I.T. System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 31, 2015
Learnt and grew a lot at Freeman. Found mentors to help develop me and were willing to show the ropes. If you like to travel around the country to all the large convention centers, then this job is for you.
productive and team orientated
housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MOJuly 21, 2015
I get to work right away. I'm on my feet a lot and I stay busy. Breaks seem to go fast and usually my day. I have a better understanding how the company is ran. There is great team effort.
Sweat shop
Senior Exhibit Designer (Former Employee) –  Anaheim,CAJuly 11, 2015
I must say that of all the companies I have worked for in my long career. My experience working at Freeman would rank at the bottom. I have never worked so hard and under so much pressure as I did working for Freeman. I was required to the job of three people. I had to design the exhibit then do the cad detail drawing and the graphic design for production. I was given so much work on any given day that there was no way I could fish it in eight hours, and when it came time to get a raise my manager refused to give one. Apparently I was not working hard enough. 60 to 80 hour weeks is the norm. No over time or comp time.
Pros
Can't think of any.
Cons
This company exploits all their employees
Great staff and work environment
Receptionist / File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 2, 2015
Working at Freeman, Freeman and Smiley gave me a great job experience. I enjoyed working with everyone there and learned a lot about Estate Planning and Litigation. It was a quiet office, but still very productive.
Pros
free lunch, productive, close to home
Cons
Part - time
enjoyable and different
Freight Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 2, 2015
there is no "typical" day on job site. the work can be very demanding physically and mentally. fast paced, at times seemingly kayos in motion. co-workers and supervisors are entertaining but can be difficult to work with.
Pros
not a daily kind of job
Cons
irregular hours, no insurance
Good Environment to work
UI Developer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 12, 2015
I learned how to be a good professional in this company.
It also creates a good environment to work and fun place to work and it has good management.
A good place to learn many different aspects of tradeshows.
Decorator (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 12, 2015
Although I enjoy working for Freeman because I can learn something new every time I go to work, the problem is the job can slow down a lot at times and therefore my income "slows down" too.
A typical day at work can consist of either building up the show or tearing it down. On the "in" we mark the floor for the number of booths, laying carpet, putting down the steel items for the drapery that makes the booths, dressing tables needed for the booths, delivering furniture for the booths and finally hanging the drapery. We can also work building displays of various types or sometimes I work in freight either receiving freight, delivering freight or collecting freight to be shipped out after the show
On the "out" we do the opposite and dismantle the booths, pick up the carpet and steel and dismantle the displays and signs.
The hardest part of the job is the infrequency. The pay is awesome and my co-workers work hard along with me which makes the job enjoyable. The hardest part of the job is the physical toll it takes on your body. Depending on the job you did, the next morning you can have soreness in various parts of your body and for me the main pain is in my feet due to the unforgiving concrete floors.
Pros
Good body workout and a team effort environment with plenty of opportunities to learn something new.
Cons
At times there is not enough work because conventions slow down in the winter.
Good workplace
Electrical Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 22, 2015
I enjoyed my time at Freeman. At the time I was there, the culture was laid back and the employees had a lot of autonomy to get their respective jobs done at their pace as long as deadlines were met. If it had been a company that constantly monitors, I definitely would not have enjoyed it as much.
Pros
Variety of tasks, autonomy
Cons
Hard to get raises, management sometimes difficult
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Lanham, MDApril 3, 2015
A typical day at work is slow going. I have worked in several departments. Pending on your manager it's either a great day or a bad one. I enjoy working with everyone. The hardest part of my job is not being busy. The most enjoyable part of my job is when I get to work in the graphics department.
Productive Workplace
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 25, 2015
On a typical day at work I go in and stretch, do a few pushups to get my blood pumping, just get a good warm up. Then I got to work on those ENORMOUS carpets for 10 hours straight. I got three breaks, two 15min breaks and one 30min break. I enjoyed the workout this job gave me. But my favorite part of it all was the food truck.
Pros
Free lunch sometimes
The bosses and the empolyees or very understanding.
Decorator (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 13, 2015
Pleasant work place. Learned new terades co-wokers and bosses are great people to work for.the hardest part of the day was at the end of the shift. because iam very tired.
Pros
great invierment
Cons
its kind of far drive