Freeport McMoRan Employee Reviews

Training is not lacking
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Green Valley, AZNovember 11, 2016
Knowledge of your job is very important this company. Training is usually available rather if you want it or not. They truly believe that knowledge is power. Their safety culture is second to none and believe there is always a safe way to get the job done.
Pros
Training and safety
Cons
Exposed to the elements
Poor management
Industrial Diagnostic Electrician (Former Employee) –  Miami, AZNovember 11, 2016
Management caters to their friends. Management does not let employees rise to their potential. Management does not even know their employees education or experience , or abilities so do not accordingly place them in appropriate jobs. Management shows disrespect. Management does not respect military experience or rank.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Management, No career progression, caters to friends, relatives, retalitory behaviors
Safety safety safety
Shipping Operator (Current Employee) –  Bagdad, AZNovember 11, 2016
Get use to the safety in everything you do. Like the company, hard to move up without a degree or speciality trade. If you thinking of a trade, electrician is in the way to go.
Multiple work locations
Mine Operations Supervisor/ Haulage (Former Employee) –  Morenci, AZNovember 4, 2016
Good places to work and raise a family, with locations in Arizona, New Mexico and in Indonesia, you are certain to find somewhere that you can call home
A great opportunity for growth and expaning skills
Climax Mine-Planner I (Former Employee) –  Leadville, CONovember 1, 2016
Company gave me the opportunity to travel and experience other cultures and work experiences. Worked with a large variety of outside vendors and they valued my tough requirements to adhere to contracts.
Pros
Paid living expeses
Cons
Large Corporate enviroment somethimes hard to navigate.
great people there
Senior Quality Specialist (Former Employee) –  Claypool, AZOctober 19, 2016
the people on the job are great, they really make you feel like family there. especially since we worked on holidays, birthdays and even during our children's birth.
Pros
the people and the money
Cons
the management
Challenging, safe, and fun, all at the same time.
Environmental Engineering Internship (Former Employee) –  Miami, AZOctober 18, 2016
Freeport is a great company to work for and I loved my internships. The atmosphere was always safe and fun. I always looked forward to going to work. The people and company as a whole are great.
Freeport McMoRan
Revenue Accountant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 15, 2016
Company is selling assets and plans to remove itself from the energy industry. No room for improvement or advancements. Lay offs happening often.
Very good company to work for
I&E Tech II (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ 85004September 4, 2016
Freeport is a very good company to work for they are just lacking in retirement benifits. The work offshore is a family culture and very good to work with.
Pros
14 and 14 schedule
Cons
Benefits are not the best
Productive Place to Work, Poor Economy
Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 1, 2016
The company overall is a great place to work if you're looking for a long-term career somewhere. The downside is that the company is having a difficult time due to the economy.
Progressive
GOM DW Completion Project Consultant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 31, 2016
Pros
Has been forced to become more competitive with other companies on salaries and benefits.
Good flex time schedule. Provide workout facilities and good 401.

Cons
You become more expendable after many years of success due to money.
American citizens were cut while contract foreigners on sponsored visas were retained.
Huge disconnect between upper management and regular employees.
Company now driven mostly by profits instead of helping employees or local areas.
Most employees are unaware of what upper management is doing - very secretive.

Advice to Management
Decide whether you want to be your own company and different from the others or just another poorly run oil and gas company that suffered the consequences of their own poor management.
Stop overextending yourselves and over hiring when the market turns up at the expense of longtime employees. Consider your own country first instead of the mighty dollar.
Business casual envinronment with great benefits!
HUMAN RESOURCES, STAFFING COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 29, 2016
I've been employed for six years and love the people and work environment. The amount of flexibility the majority of supervisors and managers have is unbelievable. I look forward to coming to work everyday and having team meetings, due to the fact that everyone gets along and is so down to earth.
Saftey oriented company
Industrial Electrician (Former Employee) –  Norwich, CTAugust 26, 2016
Great corporation. Push Safety as #1 which was good. Management was ok but lacked proper way to treat employees ecspecially on the back shift.
Pros
Good compensation and benefits
Cons
little to no breaks
Payroll Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 20, 2016
A great place to work when it was PXP...not so much as FM O&G...to much interferrence from the mining side of the business. Benefits & equity lowered, culture changed significantly.
Always learning and fun place to work.
Mercantile Associate (Former Employee) –  Morenci, AZAugust 15, 2016
I work for Freeport for 3 Years, doing different jobs. I mostly ran the bar. I learned how to do all inventory and I did all the ordering. The hardest part of the job was deciding whether or not I needed to continue carrying a special kind of liquor or not. The easiest part of the job was working with all my customers. I got to meet new people every day
Pros
Insurance, bonuses, housing, PTO, overtime
Cons
Short breaks, overtime
It
Lan Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 12, 2016
Typically busy then frenzied busy
Big IT environment, Blades\VMWare\NetBackup\SCCM\
Mgmt never provides training or career growth path.
Good coworkers
I needed this yesterday.
The money.
Great Company to work for.
Sr Property Administration Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 4, 2016
Worked for company for 8 years. Great Company along with great benefits. However, my job duties while there would change on a daily basis depending on what project I was working on, therefore I had to make quick changes and constantly prioritize. Freeport McMoran is a fast-paced company.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Fast Paced and constantly changing
Some co-workers are fun to work with
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Morenci, AZJuly 31, 2016
A lot can be learnt at Freeport. It is very good for beginers. College graduates get to learn quickly on the job. It is a place that has thought me a lot. Everyday, everytime and every year, new things are thought by way of improving safety and enviromental issues. There is also continuous improvement of the skills of employees. Only few managers and supervisors make it hard for employees to stay longer.
Pros
Time for breaks
Cons
There are benefits for employees
Importance of safety
CLP Operations (Former Employee) –  Morenci, AZJuly 30, 2016
Freeport provided the opportunity to learn and develop various skills within the trade. The most important thing that I learned was the true importance of safety. I was given that chance to move around departments and roles to develop skill set.
Pros
Opportunity for growth
Haul truck driver traine
Truck driver (Former Employee) –  Morenci, MIJuly 21, 2016
The training is 3 months long, you spend the first 2 months doing general labor, picking up trash around the mine, they provide a bucket and a pick stick, you sweep side walks, you wash and detail managers cars, wash employees vans, inspect bathrooms, paint , move furniture between offices to prepare for meetings or if a secretary moves from an office to another, anything labor that needs to be done trainees are called to do it and Pledge of Allegiance to the flag every morning, you start training on trucks the third month.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Freeport McMoRan. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3