Freescale Semiconductor

Freescale Semiconductor Employer Reviews

great
Manufacturing Assembler (Current Employee), Austin, TXDecember 17, 2014
loved it the atmosphere, the people the management the support system the birthday parties all of it was awesome the pay the location the respect and training . loved the management and the helped they provided me with.
A decent place to work
Cleanroom Operator (Former Employee), Chandler, AZDecember 8, 2014
Pros: free coffee
Cons: hard to advance
Qualing tools everyday
data entry a must
attention to detail
Management was okay
co-workers worked side by side and helped each other out
no advancement
break time when you could have a cup of coffee and get off of your feet.
Cafeteria, computer room, company paid lunches, discounts on certain things (ex. cell phones)
Clean-room Engineer (Former Employee), Austin, TXSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: teamwork, reasonable lunch breaks, overtime, reasonable work hours, management always there when needed
It was a great working environment to be at, staff and fellow coworkers were always on the same page teamwork was excellent also an great family environment that people always get along and willing to lend an helping hand.
Yoga and keep fit
ASIC Design Contractor Engineer (Former Employee), Chandler, AZAugust 22, 2014
Mixed people good environment. But low payment. Place is very cool and in remote location.
Great internship experience!
Software Development Intern (Current Employee), Austin, TXAugust 12, 2014
I spent my summer internship at the Austin location of Freescale Semiconductor. Overall, my experience here went above and beyond my expectations. As a CS major who just finished their first year of college, I expected my first internship to things like documentation, possibly even secretarial work. However, I came to Freescale coding right away on – more... projects that my team is currently working on, as well as projects specific to my internship. Every day I learn something new, which makes coming to work exciting. Although my primary mentor works in different country (so our main form of contact was IM), he was extremely helpful and more than willing to answer my questions and teach me about the technologies required for my project.

I've had a positive experience with the management at Freescale. I've had lunch with the CFO, and the CEO even threw an intern party at his house. I didn't expect this tightness between management, employees, and interns, and I really enjoyed this work culture.

The hardest part of my internship was the vasts amount of new technologies and terminologies I had to be familiar with to complete projects. As this is to be expected (I'd rather learn a lot of new things and feel uncomfortable than only work with what I know in complete comfort) in a way I felt that my expectations as a first-time intern was a bit high. I'd normally be fine with this, but with my mentor and manager located hundreds or even thousands of miles away, it's often frustrating to feel like I'm "on my own."

All in all, wonderful experience here at Freescale. I've learned so many things in my time here that I haven't learned in college, and - although I know I still have alot to learn - I feel more competent confident as a software developer. – less
Temporary assignment
Wafer Fabrication Technician (Former Employee), Tempe, AZAugust 5, 2014
Pros: very interesting cutting edge work.
Cons: long 12 hour night shifts.
Long 12 hour shift, somewhat boring but interesting work.
Learned hoe microchips were manufactured and reconditioned.
Never really interacted with management only lead technicians.
Good coworkers.
Long shifts, working nights, bunny suits.
Very interesting work.
Great Job in cleanroom enviroment
Operator (Former Employee), Austin, TXAugust 1, 2014
A typical day at freescale is pretty interesting. You get to Freescale, you suit up into cleanroom attire, went to your designated station, loaded and unloaded machines, and also ran tests on machines. Management and co-workers were great people. Always willing to help you better understand the systems and machines. The hardest part of the job was wearing – more... the clean room suit. The only visible part of you was your eyes and those had goggles over them. The enjoyable part was that you could always learn something new. – less
A fast passed job in a unique environment
Fab Operator (Former Employee), Austin, TXJuly 22, 2014
Pros: long weekends
Cons: long work days, on your feet all day
I enjoyed my time at Freescale Semiconductor. Everyone works hard to execute their job in an effective manner. Everyday you wear a full body clean suit, which only takes a day or two to get used to. The environment is a busy environment that resembles a laboratory more than it does a manufacturing room.
very productive and strict workplace
process operator (Former Employee), austin,texasJuly 21, 2014
very productive workplace with lots of advanced technology
Working in a cleanroom plant
PRODUCTION OPERATOR (Former Employee), Austin, TxJuly 14, 2014
Pros: the money
Cons: the suits we had to wear in the cleanroom to hot
I liked the co-workers. I learned how to clean computer wafers. Management I didn't like at all he was mean. the hardest part was some times learning new programs
TI is no longer the company it used to be
Senior Process Engineer (Former Employee), Austin, TXJuly 14, 2014
Pros: location
Cons: too many layoffs
TI current CEO has outsourced every job he can overseas
Fabs are being closed every other year
Production Operator
CLEANS OPERATOR/TRAINER (Current Employee), Chandler, AZJuly 13, 2014
Cons: steel floor
Loaded Unloaded Silicone Wafers onto tools throughout different areas daily. On your feet for a 12 hr shift on a Steel Grated Floor.
Productive workplace to work with gym and cafeteria.
Reticle Specialist, Photo Manufacturing Specialist (Former Employee), Chandler, AZJuly 3, 2014
Pros: fair fringe benefits
Cons: short breaks, morale issues
Enjoyed the teamwork environment.
Ample opportunities to crosstrain and learn different operations.
Learned to multitask and timemanagement skills.
Kept always busy and engaged that time went fast.
Passive aggressive company on the decline
Program Manager (Current Employee), Tempe, AZMay 28, 2014
Pros: company finally paying bonuses again
Cons: passive aggressive, lose-lose culture
Freescale has had a progression of senior leadership teams that acted as pirates, successively pillaging what remains of the company. The company doesnt seem to treat any of its stakeholders well (customers, stockholders, employees or suppliers). As a result, market position has slipped from top 3 to barely in the top 20 in the past 16 years.

There – more... is some hope that the latest CEO has established a vision and brought in a team that will finally stay for a while and reap what they sow. With a few exceptions, the new team seems pretty solid. At least they all live in the right locations, which hasn't been the case for the previous 2 regimes. Revenue and profitability are finally trending up, but there is still a lot of work and difficult decisions ahead. – less
Very Poor
Senior Associate (Former Employee), Chandler, AZMay 6, 2014
Pros: on and off work schedule, holiday pay plus o.t. and d.t.
Cons: unprofressional management
A job from 5 a.m. to 5 p.m. 3 days one week and 4 days the next. Lots of work time as well as time off. I learned to multitask by running different machines that would run in different time limits. Management was horrible do to the fact that nothing ever got done when asked for help. there was too much i can do but not do it. Always in a hurry to assume – more... then know. Co-workers were OK. The hardest part was doing minor maintenance on the machines as you would have to maintain on continuous product flow. The most enjoyable part of the job was overtime, double time, time off and the holiday pay. – less
It was great
Office Manager / Summer internship (Former Employee), Chandler, AZMay 1, 2014
It was a great experience. Managed meetings and supervised workers. Put together power points, and other needs of the company.
Very competitive and challenging work
Senior Product Engineer (Current Employee), Austin, TXApril 25, 2014
It is challenging and rewarding. People are very nice and eager to help. I really enjoyed working at Freescale.
Productive place to work
Technician (Former Employee), Freescale SemiconductorApril 24, 2014
Pros: flexible work schedule
Cons: no benefits
Great group of guys to work with. No problems in the areas everyone got alone well. Thats hard to find in work.
Good place to be mediocre
Senior individual contributor (Former Employee), Austin, TXMarch 22, 2014
Pros: good benefits package, generally positive work environment
Cons: regular upper management churn, high dilbert phb quotient
In 30+ years around this organization, I was regularly stunned by how the leadership squandered the hard work of very creative employees.

There are three classes of employees here: 1) the senior leadership (lots and lots of Directors, VPs, SVPs and EVPs) who play political games, 2) chip designers who work extremely long hours to meet unreasonable – more... deadlines, and who as a defense mechanism adopt a prima donna attitude toward 3) the rest of the company who scrambles to adapt to the political games of the executives and the demands of the prima donnas to do things their way at the expense of all others' work processes.

So why did I (and so many others) hang around for so long? The pay and benefits are competitive, obviously. And the work environment is exciting. And there's a lingering hope that the management will finally pull things together to do really great things. It seems the company is always on the verge of breakthrough. And then a management change, market shift, or internal politics - coupled with short-sighted thinking - fritters away the opportunity.

And everyone settles back into mediocrity. – less
Great place, strong proffesionals
Engineer (Former Employee), Tempe, AZFebruary 13, 2014
Well defined responsibilities
Recognition of ideas and people behind them
Intelligent conversations
great coworkers

1 2 3 4 5

About Freescale Semiconductor

Freescale Semiconductor Holdings I, Ltd. (Freescale) is engaged in the design and manufacture of embedded processors. In addition – Read more