Freescale Semiconductor Employee Reviews

Great boss and a great team, but industry is declining and bad upper-level management
Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 2, 2016
I was lucky to get to work with some great engineers from whom I learned a lot. Unfortunately, upper management could not lead the business in the right direction. We executed on everything they put before us, but ended up losing our jobs because they picked the wrong market strategy.
Standard Daily Routine
Manufacturing Technical Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 22, 2016
The technical supervisor role allows the supervisor to control all facets of the manufacturing area (manufacturing, engineering, and maintenance). It is a very complicated and demanding job. One has to be diligent on everything from vacation requests to preventive maintenance schedules. Individual projects and Lean training must be accomplished without affecting area targets and goals.
Pros
ample time to complete tasks on night shift
Cons
stressful, demanding
Productive and challenging.
Group Leader/ Engineer Specialist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 7, 2016
I enjoy the team work and the challenge in meeting set goals. It's very fast passed and requires multitasking. I've learned leadership skills and troubleshooting skills. I would have to say the hardest part of the job is standing for 12 hours.
Pros
Being part of a team. Benifets
Cons
12 hour shifts
Pretty good benefits but some bad managers
Product/Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 18, 2016
A lot of great people to work with. Lack good product roadmap. Many managers manage products not people. Some managers not very good at their job. good ability to transfer to other groups/products to get wide experience.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Some bad managers
Great Company
DOCUMENT CONTROL AND DIE CAGE COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZApril 24, 2016
I left in 2007 and it was still a great company with above average benefits, pay and loads of career opportunities. A friend I know still works there and loves it.
Productive and positive work place
Associate (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZApril 18, 2016
Got to worked in clean room environment. Had good experience working there. Very high volume production every day, which made the day go fast.
Pros
Enjoyed the 3 day and 4 day workweek.
Cons
There was alot of people that had over 10 years of experience or more. So it was hard to advance.
semiconductor corp
Maintance tech. (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZApril 11, 2016
Start work at 5am and get pass down from previous crew as to what problems they found on equipment that need addressed. Make repairs and do other maintenance activities through 12 hour shift.
Here you go
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXMarch 19, 2016
Give your opinion about a typical day at work, what I learned ect.yulkiyoyiolyloyukkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkooipopipopio
Challenging at times and rewarding too
Equipment Engineer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 16, 2016
I was there for almost 22 yrs. and in that time, we finished the start up of the first 200mm fab in the United States and built a new 200mm factory. The startups were exciting and fun as well as very challenging. Sadly, as time goes on, Management changed as so did the style. They offered benefits that compared to most in this industry, nothing exceptional. You did get time added to your PTO (Paid Time Off) based on years of service, the longer you work there, the more time added per month.
The best part of working there was working with some great individuals. Not just work ethics or knowledge but, helpful in finding solutions to problems you may encounter.
Pros
Some Very Exceptional People to Work With
Cons
Remember Company Loyalty? It has gone with the Dinosaurs.
BI Developer Intern
Business Intelligence Developer Intern (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 13, 2016
Pros:
A good place to work and you can learn a lot. Friendly people.

Cons:
Converting intern to full time is a bit difficult for non-core groups Merger with NXP Semiconductor
I cannot comment on the company that bought Freescale
Integrated Circuit (IC) Layout Mask Designer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 9, 2016
I was part of a downsizing the week before Freescale was sold yo NXP. I have no knowledge of how NXP has enhanced or detracted from the workplace atmosphere which exists there now.
Engineering Process Technician (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZJanuary 28, 2016
FSL is a great place to work. Hours are great for parents with children or someone interested in continuing with their education. It offers a professional environment to work in and the opportunities are endless.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
12 hour shifts
Exciting and Dynamic Employer
Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 26, 2016
Freescale was a fast-paced and innovative manufacturer of semiconductors. Colleagues and management were intelligent, motivated, creative, and progressive. It was truly a pleasure to work there. Freescale was purchased by NXP in 2015, but remains in Austin, Texas and other locations worldwide.
Excellent Place to work
Director of Transformation & Business Solutions (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 21, 2016
Freescale was a great company with endless opportunities and an amazing product portfolio. It will be exciting to see how the merger with NXP evolves the product offerings.
Very good Supervisor and co workers
manufacturing technician (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJanuary 11, 2016
Co-workers are very friendly and helpful. Team work is very good.
Working in this Company is wonderful and have very good training.
My trainers are all very good. My supervisor is also a wonderful guy.
Overall management is very good.
Pros
Very good working environment
Cons
As a contract worker, benefits are not so good
Outstanding environment with Work Life balance
Service Delivery Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 21, 2015
Connected with many Industry leaders and Learned a lot about Customer Experience. As a Technology major, it helped in understanding the business needs and how can we achieve customer satisfaction.
Large tech company
Digital Logic Designer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 21, 2015
The company has been in trouble for years. Poor senior management has driven the company into the ground, but they keep getting bonuses while the company loses business and shrinks. At one time, as the semiconductor division of Motorola, this was one of the largest semiconductor companies in the world. Now its a shell of its previous self. There are few growth areas.
Pros
Smart co-workers and some good lower-level managers. Good teamwork, despite rank-and-spank annual review process.
Cons
Tight schedules, little opportunity for promotion, small raises, annual end-of-year layoffs, little opportunity to change jobs.
Freescale
Fault Detection and Classification Engineer (Current Employee) –  ArizonaNovember 10, 2015
It is a great job to work at. I'm always working on projects for fault detection and challenging day to day troubleshooting. The company is doing OK for this day and age.
ok job very hard on the feet and legs
Operations Associate (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZOctober 7, 2015
12 hour shift 5 am to 5 pm. standing and walking most of the night.

we made micro chips ( semiconductors ) very interesting how these little things make the modern world work.

most management personal were good at there jobs.

co-workers were friendly and good to work with.

the hardest part of the job was standing for 12 hours.

the good part of the job was lots of days off.
Pros
3 days on 4days off. 4 days on 3 days off
Cons
12 hrs. standing on your feet
Overall a good experience
EDA CAD Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 18, 2015
Learned a lot from my current job. I am working on a debug tool in Python and C++. I got to talk to customers and collect their requirements, and based on their requirements to design my product.

2.8