Freestore Foodbank Employee Reviews

Job Training Program
student (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 4, 2015
Cincinnati Cooks is a culinary job training program of the Freestore Foodbank. It is a free program, lasting 10-weeks. It was great!
Pros
FREE
Cons
N/A
school
culinary student (Former Employee) –  culinary studentOctober 20, 2015
I love this school it taught me such great things. I earned my servesafe culinary & OHIO sanitarium certification. I learned how to use all kitchen equipment.
Pros
free lunch
Triage Intake/ Rapid Re-housing Intern (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 5, 2015
Freestore Foodbank is a great place to work or intern. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Sometimes it can be a fast pace environment to work in but overall it is a nice place to work.
Nothing to review
System Administrator Charity Project (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 1, 2014
Nothing to review. It was a non profit organization. Typical day of repairing computers, networks and telephones
Independent and short-term internship
Research Intern (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 2, 2014
I learned how to work independently and create my own schedule so that I would succeed and meet deadlines. I was given creative license on how to present the data and learned how to create a Google Map as well as graphs in Excel.
Pros
flexible schedule when i was in school, was allowed to work at home and independently
Cons
no opportunity for advancement
Upside
Project Manager, AmeriCorps Vista (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 16, 2014
Positive to work extremely innovative and creative environment.
It was a great learning experince working for FreeStore Foodbank /Cincinnati Cooks Catering.
Prep Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 17, 2014
The Chef gave us are assignments,I prepared food according to written recipes.I learned some interesting recipes.The management was very patient and caring in dealing with us.I had positve relationships with all of my co-workers.The job was fun and educating.I enjoyed cooking and learning all of the things that I learned.
Pros
we could eat free and take food home if you wanted to.
Cons
all the dishes you have to wash.
Great fun professional environment
Front Desk Representative (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 6, 2014
Answer phones, sort mail, Microsoft office 2010 daily, greet visitors, schedule appointments, take message, transfer calls, office meetings, etc....
Pros
educational benefits
Cons
health care benefits
Ok
Vice President, Communications, Strategic Planning (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 2, 2013
Could be more innovative. Not a creative environment. More concerned with numbers than new ideas.
Giving Back to the Community
Volunteer Coordinator Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 12, 2012
My typical day consist of email and phone calls . Scheduling groups and individual to volunteer .
Pros
great customer skills
Management is Scary, Serious Ethics Issues
staff (Former Employee) –  libertyJuly 18, 2012
my experience with thems was not a positive one. They had serious issues with certain managrs who had ethics issues. One got to keep his job even when he missed catching people who were stealing money which was what his job included doing. When you pointed stuff out, you got punished for it rather than someone fixin it. Would not go back there and not recommend it.
Pros
good benefits but you have to pay most of it
Cons
had bad manager
Learned alot from my job on how to help people in need
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 3, 2012
I worked three times a week 9am to 1 pm or sometimes 1pm to 5pm three times a week
Pros
free lunches
Cons
an unpaid job

4.2