Freight Handlers Inc. Employee Reviews

I had fun working there. We were all friends an I liked the work and the pay.
Lead (Former Employee) –  Abingdon, VAJanuary 23, 2017
It' an excellent place to work. They were all good people and honest. They took care of their employees and the benefits were good.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
I don't have anything bad to say about them
A Good Job
Freight Handler (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 12, 2017
This is a good place to work if you are willing to do just that, work! It's not an easy job but it's worth it. The company works hard to do right by their team members, the benefits could be better but they are still pretty good, the managers expect you to do your job which makes sense.

This is not the place for you if you are not willing to do the labor, get through a "bad" truck to get to the good ones, and show up every day.

Overall, happy with the company and the work.
Pros
The money, the people, room for advancement
Cons
could be better benefits, can be long hours
Stay away from this company
Freight Handler (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 31, 2016
If you have a pulse and can pass a drug test you can get a job with them. Facilities are typically overstaffed which means low pay and lots of waiting for work, bring a book. there is no thought in promoting managers most of them are jerks, some are down right unethical. They have little respect for employees from either their own company or the host. Depending on the facility shifts can run up to 14 hours. Some places will clock you out for a 30 min lunch whether you take it or not, and breaks are not encouraged.
This company is all talk, they will tell you what you want to hear to get you in the door but after that things will go down hill.
Pros
you meet some interesting coworkers.
Cons
Managers, Pay, Benefits, Long hours, Lousy communication.
Working at Freight Handlers, Inc.
Unloader (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIAugust 17, 2015
A typical day at F.H.I. begins/ends with unloading trailers. The job can be physically taxing at times, but not complicated once you learn how to read the paperwork. Pay is determined by the number of cases unloaded. The work environment is very fun and my co-workers are a very big part of that. Management does the best job that it can within the capacity it is given. Overall, you can excel if you're willing to put in the work.
Worked 10 years fired for absolute no reason, blamed for sumthing I didn't do and even after 10 years did not side with me
manager/unloaded/lead (Former Employee) –  dc 85 Lansing no persishablesJuly 29, 2015
absolute horrible place only stayed cuz money was so good for first 4-5 years. New management came in. Nobody ever takes your side, managers never have your back.
Pros
money can b decent if hard worker
Cons
work every holiday long hours terrible associates
great place to work
Freight Handler (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLAugust 25, 2014
I enjoyed my time there. Made tons of money and got to travel for free .
Pros
production based
Sry
Lumper (Former Employee) –  JacksonvilleJune 24, 2014
Dont Waste Your Time they are unorganized and unprofessional
Freight Handler (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLMay 6, 2014
i had a good experience working here. The employees and management were all friendly and willing to help.
Pros
good positive environment.
Cons
not a set schedule
Productive, fun
Freight Handler (Former Employee) –  Walker, MIApril 16, 2014
Overall good company, pay was decent, good management, only negative was the warehouse not being ready to pull pallets off of the dock when they needed to (not freight handlers fault) and running out of space to store their products once it was unloaded. Enjoyable place to work.
Pros
management
Cons
warehouse abilities to hold product
this place sucks
manager (Former Employee) –  lakelandDecember 7, 2013
They work you like a dog and pay less than minimum at times.. people above management have no idea about the job being done and basiquly want the employees to work for hardly any pay. Not worth it.
Pros
Cons
sitting down waiting on trucks and not getting payed and they make you clean extra for no pay.
horrible
Freight Handler (Former Employee) –  Abingdon, VAJuly 17, 2013
nobody cares about what you do anyone who sucks up get treated like a king
Pros
Cons
everything
Lumper Service
Job Applicant (Former Employee) –  Grand RapidsApril 24, 2013
If you are looking for a consistant pay this is NOT the job to apply for, they only guarantee minimum wage.
Productive place
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 18, 2013
I have learned that what u put in u get out.
co workers are ok ..hardest part was going in and out of different departments
3rd Shift, Distribution warehouse with lots of potential.
Freight Handling Coordinator/ Trainer. (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIJanuary 2, 2013
A typical day at work:

When arriving to work the first thing you do is sign your name on a list. This list is how they start the day off on a "fist come first served basest" system which tells them who gets the first truck to unload and so-forth.
This employer pays their employees by a production-performance based pay system.
My Job as a trainer is to teach the new hire's on how to appropriately and successfully complete their job in a safely and timely manner. That upholds to F.H.I's safety values.
"We commit to a standard of excellence in safety that protects the health of our associates and customers."

What I have learned is:

With hard work and high ambitions its relatively easy to move forward
with F.H.I with it's endless potential. But in regards to there "compensation / benefits" it can be a little disheartening (when at times) there's not enough trucks to unload with too many employees.

Management:

F.H.I is a relatively young company. They have a few bugs in the their management system that could use some help but, What company doesn't.

Co-Workers:

Hard working, devoted individuals.

The hardest part of the job:

The hours can be a little unforgiving at times. Since the work day isn't completed until all the work (trucks) have been finished.

The most enjoyable part of the day:

Would be, The one on one time with the new hires.
Training / Teaching is part of a business developing passion of mine.
Pros
it's performance based pay. you get what you give.
Cons
(when at times) there's not enough trucks to unload with too many employees.
A smooth running day with real person assistance.
Unloader (Former Employee) –  Lansing,MIAugust 23, 2012
A typical day at work involves knowing and being consistent with who I am dealing with a the more intelligent, knowledgable staff, and first hand workers.
I've learned that everyone has the same concerns or more as far as their everyday work ethic or responsibility.
Management is always an ironclad individaul who's performance is recognized for reasonable resource.
It's always nice to work side by side with a co-worker. It helps both of us to get along and also helps us gain experience with each other as a comrade.
The hardest part of the job would be the everyday trials of adjustment and knowing, while working my goals that I actually want to fufill. Its hard enough dealing with co-workers and people who already know their way around.
Being that we're in Michigan just to be part of good conversation in a days work.
Pros
tell people what to do exactly.
Cons
tell people what to do exactly.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Freight Handlers Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8