Freight Handlers Inc.

Freight Handlers Inc. Employer Reviews

Freight Handler (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLMay 6, 2014
Pros: good positive environment.
Cons: not a set schedule
i had a good experience working here. The employees and management were all friendly and willing to help.
Productive, fun
Freight Handler (Former Employee), Walker, MIApril 16, 2014
Pros: management
Cons: warehouse abilities to hold product
Overall good company, pay was decent, good management, only negative was the warehouse not being ready to pull pallets off of the dock when they needed to (not freight handlers fault) and running out of space to store their products once it was unloaded. Enjoyable place to work.
DONT APPLY IT IS HELL
screwed (Former Employee), Newport miFebruary 2, 2014
Pros: dont do it
Cons: your family needs you
Horible managing
Long hours little pay
Sayd 400~700 week yea godluck
this place sucks
manager (Former Employee), lakelandDecember 7, 2013
Cons: sitting down waiting on trucks and not getting payed and they make you clean extra for no pay.
They work you like a dog and pay less than minimum at times.. people above management have no idea about the job being done and basiquly want the employees to work for hardly any pay. Not worth it.
horrible
Freight Handler (Former Employee), Abingdon, VAJuly 17, 2013
Cons: everything
nobody cares about what you do anyone who sucks up get treated like a king
Lumper Service
Job Applicant (Former Employee), Grand RapidsApril 24, 2013
If you are looking for a consistant pay this is NOT the job to apply for, they only guarantee minimum wage.
Productive place
Production Associate (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLFebruary 18, 2013
I have learned that what u put in u get out.
co workers are ok ..hardest part was going in and out of different departments
3rd Shift, Distribution warehouse with lots of potential.
Freight Handling Coordinator/ Trainer. (Current Employee), Lansing, MIJanuary 2, 2013
Pros: it's performance based pay. you get what you give.
Cons: (when at times) there's not enough trucks to unload with too many employees.
A typical day at work:

When arriving to work the first thing you do is sign your name on a list. This list is how they start the day off on a "fist come first served basest" system which tells them who gets the first truck to unload and so-forth.
This employer pays their employees by a production-performance based pay system.
My Job as a trainer is – more... to teach the new hire's on how to appropriately and successfully complete their job in a safely and timely manner. That upholds to F.H.I's safety values.
"We commit to a standard of excellence in safety that protects the health of our associates and customers."

What I have learned is:

With hard work and high ambitions its relatively easy to move forward
with F.H.I with it's endless potential. But in regards to there "compensation / benefits" it can be a little disheartening (when at times) there's not enough trucks to unload with too many employees.

Management:

F.H.I is a relatively young company. They have a few bugs in the their management system that could use some help but, What company doesn't.

Co-Workers:

Hard working, devoted individuals.

The hardest part of the job:

The hours can be a little unforgiving at times. Since the work day isn't completed until all the work (trucks) have been finished.

The most enjoyable part of the day:

Would be, The one on one time with the new hires.
Training / Teaching is part of a business developing passion of mine. – less
3rd Shift, Distribution warehouse with lots of potential.
Pros: it's performance based pay. you get what you give.
A typical day at work:

What I have learned is:

With hard work and high ambitions its relatively easy to move forward

Management:

Co-Workers:

Hard working, devoted individuals.

The hardest part of the job:

The most enjoyable part of the day:

Would be, The one on one time with the new hires.
Training / Teaching is part of a business developing passion of mine. – less
A smooth running day with real person assistance.
Unloader (Former Employee), Lansing,MIAugust 23, 2012
Pros: tell people what to do exactly.
Cons: tell people what to do exactly.
A typical day at work involves knowing and being consistent with who I am dealing with a the more intelligent, knowledgable staff, and first hand workers.
I've learned that everyone has the same concerns or more as far as their everyday work ethic or responsibility.
Management is always an ironclad individaul who's performance is recognized for reasonable – more... resource.
It's always nice to work side by side with a co-worker. It helps both of us to get along and also helps us gain experience with each other as a comrade.
The hardest part of the job would be the everyday trials of adjustment and knowing, while working my goals that I actually want to fufill. Its hard enough dealing with co-workers and people who already know their way around.
Being that we're in Michigan just to be part of good conversation in a days work. – less

Freight Handlers Inc. Photos