FREIGHT Employee Reviews

hard work
Sales (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXApril 28, 2017
Working freight you move boxes and put boxes where they belong. You open boxes and put product on the shevles. As well as cleaning the back area and putting boxes in the trash.
Hard working
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 14, 2017
i would clock in and help unload the truck in a reasonable time and them clean the back after stock the items in the correct location. and as well greet customer with a worm welcome.
Great Managers and Benefits
Receiving Specialist HomeGoods (Former Employee) –  Jefferson, GAJanuary 28, 2017
I really enjoyed working for Homegoods and would consider employment with them again. I enjoyed how the company treated all of its employees and the benefits that they gave.
Stocking merchandise, and bringing in new freight every night
Order Picker, Freight (Former Employee) –  Klamath Falls, OROctober 16, 2016
Typical days was taking out freight from the loading docks and stocking the merchandise throughout the store. With the order picker was locate items and organize them for customer pick up. what I have from both positions was time management. Having everything for the store and customer on a set schedule. Some co-workers were great to work with. The most hardest part was locating merchandise around the store. Some items were on sale and had to notify a difficult customer that the waiting time had to be extended for the item to arrive. The most enjoyable part able to interact with the dogs that customers would walk in with.
Pros
work only in my specific job title
Cons
short lunch break. Not all co workers were dependable.
Stocking
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, AROctober 15, 2016
Stocking and maintaining sales floor. Assisting customers find items. Unloading daily store truck. Setting up sales displays.
Pros
Customers
Cons
Pay
Great Starter job
Freight Team Associate (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXSeptember 20, 2016
4 hrs work day
learned to manage my time and work effectively
management is friendly and gets the job done
unloading trucks is the hardest part of the job
good
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaSeptember 15, 2016
It is a decent place to work at. They are helpful when working around what hours the person is available. They will give opportunities when asked.
Productive work place. High expectations.
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 15, 2016
Demanding job. Hard to balance work and life. Long days and many hours. Demanding physical labor. Short breaks. Management staff is ok depending on the department you work in.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
work life balance.
what i learn
Frieght Handler (Former Employee) –  El Monte, CAAugust 8, 2016
it was hard work made move quicker.learn alot. i learn how to use some machines as well
the company teach to be motivate to work hard an do things out of the box
good learning environment
Sales Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAAugust 5, 2016
Made calls addressing customer inquiries, solving problems and providing new product information. Greeted customers entering the store to ascertain what each customer wanted or needed. Described product to customers and accurately explained details and care of merchandise. Politely assisted customers in person and via telephone. Provided an elevated customer experience to generate a loyal clientèle. less
Good stable company
Force Senior Collections/Credit (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJuly 28, 2016
Good business to learn accounts Receivables. Benefits are good Co workers in the department are very nice. Location is good if you like the anaheim area. Employees have been there a long time.
it was a great experience
Home Depot (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 13, 2016
I learned alloy through teamwork management and acquired many skills that I will take on in life the job task were fairly simple unload the truck put freight in desired bay areas any extra boxes place in Overstocking areas I never encountered a difficult task on the job instructions where easy straight to the point for that days work the most enjoyable is my teammates they would make the night go by fast no matter what the work load was
Pros
vacation time
Cons
work load at times
High stess position
Dispatch & Logistics (Former Employee) –  Hurdsfield, NDMay 31, 2016
Freight Solutions is a balancing act between making money and keeping the trucks moving. Due to the economy my position was eliminated and divided between other people in the office
Pros
Dealing with customer and drivers
Cons
no support from management-no scheduled breaks
Freight Systems Inc
CDL Driver/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAApril 6, 2016
Pay was on the low end of the scale and the equipment was both old and prone to breakdowns. However, the benefits package was excellent and the management team was motivated to work around personal needs and time off.
Pros
Free Medical Insurance, Flexable work Schedule
Cons
Older equipment prone to break downs, Low hours available Dec.-Mar.
typical
Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 29, 2015
easy job anyone can do so if you're looking for something like that, home depot is the job for you. not much else to say besides it pays for how easy it is so don't expect more
Pros
easy
Cons
pays according
Would Do Again
Associate, Home Depot (Former Employee) –  Placerville, CANovember 11, 2015
Working freight was not the best. However, I would do it again over some other jobs out there. The people I worked with were pretty awesome.
The pay and constant movement.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 31, 2015
I liked this job because it was a fast pace and busy work which makes the evening go fast. I enjoyed myself because I was always doing something. Even though it was a temporary service job the pay was good as well.
Pros
Long days but busy work made the days seem short.
Cons
Little time to spend with family.
It was a productive place to work at
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COJune 5, 2015
Had a great manager who was always willing to help when I needed it. All night I just restocked and cleaned up for the next day.
Uhhhh..
Manager/Bar Tender (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 23, 2015
I never worked at freight. I really, really never worked at freight. This is awkward. Just going to keep writing words until I can skip this page.
Good Job
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  New york,NYJanuary 19, 2015
At a typical day at work I'd be receiving merchandise and if my assistance was needed on the sales floor I'd provide my assistance, and I've learned proper lifting techniques. The managers were never on the same page and didn't always know what to do. My co-workers initially did what they had to do. The hardest part of the job was counting the merchandise many times to verify the amount of merchandise received. I enjoyed providing customer service to the customers whenever my assistance was needed.