FREIGHTLINER

FREIGHTLINER Employer Reviews

Production worker and learning experience
Chasity Line (Former Employee), Cleveland, NCMay 19, 2014
Pros: the paid vacation and off on holiday and the wages.
Cons: being laid off
A typical work day for me at freightliner was keeping the line going when placing brakes, tires, and axles on the Chasity line. The hardest part of the job was putting the tire on the 18 wheeler. The most enjoyable was working with some great guys on the line.
good pay, so so benefits
Data Entry & Receiving Technician / Shipping (Former Employee), Cleveland, NCFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: bad union.
People were nice. Good pay and benefits used to be better...not so much any more. It was a better place to work before the union got voted in. Union reps do not stand behind their members.
Fun work place with great people
Assembly Technician (Former Employee), Battleboro, NCJanuary 18, 2014
Pros: family atmospere
Cons: no advancement
A typical day started with exercise which not only did a take part in but was chosen team leader to lead exercise session. Management were a great group of people to work with. The hardest part of this job was no room for advancement, which lead to me leaving this company.
Hired alot of people and lost orders had big lay off
Tie Down (Former Employee), Mount Holly, NCJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: great insurance
Cons: job didn't last long lay off
job was good just didn't last long.How to hook up back break lights and tie down electrical wiring.Was good.Getting underneath the truck.Break
good place to work
General Mechanic (Former Employee), Tolleson, AZJanuary 4, 2014
Pros: good pay, good benefits, great work enviroment
Cons: being on-call
I enjoyed this job, however I no longer wanted to be on-call, and my request wasn't fulfilled.
Great opportunity to grow a career
Parts Manager (Former Employee), Tolleson, AZJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: seeing the trucking industry grow both in product and technology
Cons: losing some quality vendor lines along the way
Most of my career was with Los Angeles Freightliner. I've learned alot and took advantage of whatever opportunities were available. I've had some great leadership and some a little questionable. But overall its up to you to take what is useful from all experiences.
Productive work place.
Assembly Line (Former Employee), Cleveland, NCNovember 15, 2013
Cons: good benefits, salary was good
FreightLiner was a good place to work, it was a fast pace job, because the assembly line will be moving. I had to lean to use the computer, because it was part of my job, to look up the truck to see what it needed and to be installed in the truck .(windows, B pillars ).
Productive place to work with excellent pay and benefits.
Temporary Summer Help (Former Employee), Mt. Holly North CarolinaOctober 30, 2013
Pros: wages, benefits.
Cons: single break.
Huddle meet was the first part of the shift where everyone learned what area they were to work in, which could change from day to day. This offers cross-training which is good. I usually worked in A & E which is where cleanup of the cab is done as well as minor external and internal finish work is done to the cab. Also I worked in the Hood department, – more... which is where the top of the hood is built (i.e., intake vent, nameplate, signal lights, etc.) or under the hood which is where we would install (i.e.headlights, harnesses, horns, shocks, struts, etc.), this is a great company to work for and the hardest part of the job was having a single break in 8 hours, but the compensation was worth it. – less
Hard work
Assembler (Former Employee), Cleveland, NCOctober 23, 2013
Pros: great pay
Cons: lay offs
Fast paced with great people to work with.Management listened and acted when something went wrong and congratulated when things went right.
very nice place to work
assembler (Former Employee), Cleveland, NCOctober 21, 2013
Pros: best job ever
Cons: best jobs ever
Wish I could return to this job. very good job assemble jobs.
Productive and fun workplace
Structural Design Engineer (Former Employee), Cleveland, NCOctober 14, 2013
• Good learning experience

• Utilized V4 CATIA

• Team work

• Interface with all Engineering organizations and support groups
Very friendly workplace
Assembler (Former Employee), Cleveland, NCOctober 8, 2013
I enjoyed working with my co-workers. The supplies were always there.I liked the bonuses and the great atmosphere working there.
Great place to work for me due to location.
Assembly Line (Former Employee), Portland, OROctober 7, 2013
I learned a bunch about semi conductors and how to assemble the tools that fit in semi conductors. I learned how to take precision measurements and work with the tools required to do so. The company was a small company. The supervisors and managers had their picks of employees who they liked and those people had a better chance of advancing with the – more... company. I was a great employee that has a multitude of experience that would help the company prosper. – less
Hard work in a very fast paced environment
Production Worker (Former Employee), Portland, ORJuly 30, 2013
Pros: two weeks vacation.
Cons: being laid off
The pay and benefits were great. I had just made Journeymen. A typical day was busy. I worked on semi's applying part's. I learned to be very efficient and good at my job. The hardest part of the job was working double shift's. I worked with many people, hard working people. The management was demanding. For the most part I liked my job.
Mechanic (Former Employee), West Valley City, UTJuly 23, 2013
A guy can get a good start there. If your not sure how to do something the guys ther will help.
Benefits and Pay were very good
Material Handler (Former Employee), Cleveland, NCMay 8, 2013
Pros: new experience
Cons: laid off
I was given a chance to learn a new skill with the compeletion of a temporary certification for forklift driver. This job was more of and independent work experience. Responsibilities required me to be knowledgeable about my assigned area and daily usage of materials. Which showed more of my goal focused worked ethics.
busy, fun place to work with great benefits and pay
Manufacturing Specialist (Former Employee), Cleveland, NCApril 17, 2013
Pros: free healthcare, great pay, good vacation and personal time
Cons: lots of mandatory ot
day started with team meeting, then proceed to computer for days orders, then begin on the orders usually 62 truck stick frames for walls daily. clean and go home..management was very professional my coworkers were like family enjoyed them and I learned how to build parts of the bus including stick frames and decks.
Parts Plant
Pressline (Former Employee), Gastonia, NCApril 11, 2013
I was working through a temp agency. I did run a few machines. I broke my toe and missed a day of work. I was also a Union member at Mt Holly plant currently laid off. Gastonia plant wasn't Union at the time. They wanted me to sign a paper saying I wouldn't go back to Mt Holly plant.
Enjoy working with my co-workers
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Gaffney, SCApril 10, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: got laid-off
It was hard work. but i enjoy it. I learn how to things i thought i could do. The hardest job in the plant i learn how to do it. My group leader was good. All the group leaders on Line 1 was great. The section i was in we work as a team. Everybody pitch in and help each out. I learn several things there.
assemble trucks, groupleader
Team Leader/Assembler (Former Employee), Cleveland, NCJanuary 16, 2013
Pros: great pay and benifits
Cons: may have lay-offs
assemble eighteen wheel trucks , , from start to finish, trouble shoot problems, correct problems,