Fremont Bank Employee Reviews

horrible
Loan Processor II (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAMay 10, 2017
management only sees you as a number or a quota to complete the files. the hardest part of the job was that they let you go as soon as the interest rate went up
Lots of snacks and free food. I loved the candy apples on valentines.
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAMay 8, 2017
Great management team, caring, and fun people to work with. Support from team players when anyone needed help. We always helped each other, even if it meant putting someone else's work first for a few minutes.
Fun and professional place to work
Business Banker / Senior Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAMay 4, 2017
The management team and other peers are great to work with. The hours can be flexible depending on your position. The work is challenging but fun. Great place to work.
personable professional fun work place
Loan processor (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAMarch 9, 2017
Fremont bank has been a great employer. The culture and values of the bank makes it seem as we are all a big family including our clients. Fremont bank does a great job in acknowledging and appreciating their employees.
Pros
lunches, employee events, flexible
ASSISTANT CHIEF AUDITOR (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAMarch 6, 2017
Great place to work. The company is expanding into new markets. Being a family run company, in my opinion, limited opportunities for advancement.
The hardest part of the job was for management to take the audit function seriously.
The enjoyable part was the learning experience it provided me in the community bank environment.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Limited room for advancement
Awesome place to work and learn a lot
Loan Servicing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Livermore, CADecember 7, 2016
Working for Fremont Bank is the best experience you will get if you are interested in the mortgage industry. Not only do they make you feel like family, it is also a fun environment and you learn so much!
Pros
Free lunches, cool environment, good pay!
Great place to begin your career in banking
Banker (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAJuly 13, 2016
Fremont bank has been a great place to learn and grow in your career. They go above and beyond for our clients, in ways I have not experienced at previous Employers. As a mid-size, to smaller bank, do not expect advanced technology.
Pros
VPs and management are readily accessible and willing to help
Cons
Technology is not up to industry standards
Fremont Bank
Loan Servicing (Current Employee) –  Livermore, CAJuly 8, 2016
Fremont Bank is a very nice bank for the customers, but the culture for employees is start up atmosphere. There isn't room to grow and the pay is very uncompetitive.
Productive and Great environment
Mortgage Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAJune 13, 2016
Wachovia took over World Savings Bank which was later acquired b y Wells Fargo Bank.
This was a great work place and company to work for.
Process was streamlined and most parts there was a lot of other opportunities within the bank to move around.
Pros
Awesome work place
Cons
Layoffs
Favoritism on steroids
retail (Current Employee) –  Livermore, CAMay 26, 2016
Great people here, although some will be going home as soon as the busy months slow down. Layoffs are frequent here. Greedy owners with no care in the world for your needs. There is way too much favoritism when hiring especially, and dont hire the best quality and most successful employees. They dont care if they dont have the top employees. It's all favoritism and management doee whatever is needed to save their own butt.
Pros
atmosphere, culture
Cons
favoritism, politics, layoffs, slave labor
Small community bank trying to grow up
Member of Technical Staff (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAApril 9, 2016
Community Bank feel. Aspires to serve clients well and build a work culture that is inclusive and supportive of staff.

Leadership struggles to understand the digital economy and the forces acting upon banks. Senior Management lack understanding of how to manage and deliver technology - prefer to sit in ivory tower and complain than to actively listen to staff who understand technology.
Pros
Good Work / Life Balance
Cons
Organization values Political Posturing over Leadership
Sr. VOIP Consultant
Sr. VOIP Consultant (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 11, 2016
 Over the course of my career at Fremont Bank, I was the Technical lead for upgrading Call Manager from 7.1.5 to 8.1 and then to 9.1. And migrate it to virtual Environment.
 Also responsible for Administrating Call Copy , Voice mail servers
 Team Lead for upgrading and maintaining consistent code version across all routers, switches.
 Routinely perform application troubleshooting by mapping traffic flows and inspecting packet captures using protocol analyzers (sniffer/Wire shark
Interesting company but self centered management style
Director of Financial Services (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAFebruary 27, 2016
Family owned company with many cultural issues. Lacked a clear direction and employee support mechanisms. Co-workers were great. Hardest part of the job was getting management buyin to be successful
Pros
Very good staff
Cons
culture
Great company with great people
Director, Talent Development (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAJanuary 31, 2016
I enjoy working here as people are definitely FB's competitive advantage. They are willing to task you with projects as long as you are willing to complete them.
Great place to learn if you can find the right people
NA (Current Employee) –  LivermoreJanuary 22, 2016
The work environment is great. Managers have an open door policy and you can really learn and grow but training opportunities and career growth opportunities are lacking. There is no clear career direction or path available if you are an ambitious person who wants to get ahead.
Good work environment with opportunity for growth
Commercial Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Livermore, CAJanuary 20, 2016
Every day at work is fun and gives me a chance to grow and develop in my position. Co-workers and management are really helpful and supportive in one's advancement.
Relaxed atmosphere, encouraging management, but low pay
Manager - Loan Servicing Operations (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CADecember 31, 2015
Fremont Bank has a very relaxed atmosphere for a bank. A typical day for me was managing the day to day functions of the operations department in loan servicing. That consisted of managing a team of eight, compiling reports to oversee the work of the group, problem solving, and working on projects for loan servicing as a whole.

I learned everything I know about loan serving and banking from Fremont Bank. I've spent my entire professional career here. I also learned how to work as a team and to become a leader.

Management has been fine for the most part. They encourage creativity and recognize success. I can sometimes feel a little detached from them at times though.

I've never had a problem with my co-workers. As I said above, it was a relaxed atmosphere, so people were generally easy to get along with.

The hardest part of the job was the pay. The Bay Area has a very high cost of living and it was tough to make ends meet even with a manager's salary.

The most enjoyable part of the hob was being encouraged to take full ownership of my work. Management was always open to new ideas and didn't stand in the way when I found better ways to handle things.
Pros
Healthcare, 401K, Esop, relaxed atmosphere
Cons
The pay
Interesting project
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CADecember 12, 2015
Had a great time working at this location. Understood a lot about Banking. Would like to go back and work on this project. I had great interpersonal relations at this project.
Pros
Excellent Location
Cons
Was very crowded
appreciation lunches for employees
Records Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CADecember 10, 2015
appreciation lunches often.
ongoing classes for advancement.
Daily short meeting to keep employees updated
cross training and on -line classes
Pros
ongoing classes
Cons
no pay raises or bonus
Great atmosphere and co-workers
Mortgage Compliance QC Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAAugust 7, 2015
Every day is something new to learn. Manager is very supportive. Sky is the limit on what you can learn. Always getting new challenges thrown my way.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Hot

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fremont Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7