Fremont Bank United States Employee Reviews

I would seriously consider not accepting an offer
Branch Manager (Former Employee), FREEMONT, CAFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: nice work enviorment
Cons: management and their little kingdoms
So much possibility, but so much turmoil. Total lack of support by management, support groups, and back offices. All they care about is how many new accounts did you open, even if the accounts are bogus.
Very quite place to wrok
Sr. Underwriter III Retail -NMLS#1269719 (Current Employee), Livermore, CAFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: bank
Cons: 1 and 45 min to get to work and sometimes 2 hours to get home.
Underwriter on contract for 2-3 months. Contract has expired.
Long hours to work. People work hard and long. Not much flexibility on hours.
Good people,good company
Operations Loan Specialist (Former Employee), Hayward, CAJanuary 28, 2015
I was only there temporary as a group of us complete converting their paper files into imaging files.
Given the opportunity to cross-train in other areas of the bank.
Default Supervisor (Former Employee), Hayward, CAJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: many opportunities for advancement in the bank.
Cons: the volume of work depended on the mortgage interest rates.
Each day varied depending on the mortgage interest rates, when the rates decreased the volume increased. I learned in the mortgage industry about the Fair Lending Act, underwriting findings, final title policies that needed spelling corrections, and the mortgage file retention policies. Management was very supportive and assisted in decisions for improvements and resolutions regarding the workload. The department I worked with was always enthusiastic about learning a new job tasks and did not hesitate to help in other job functions. The hardest part of my job was speaking to borrower's that needed certain documents for legal matters and expediting these requests. I always felt rewarded when I was able to resolve these requests in a timely manner.
Sr. Loan Booking Specialist (Former Employee), Hayward, CAJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: the integrity, the culture, the knowledge
Excellent company who put as much value on their employees as they did their customers. Working with Fremont Bank at a slightly different capacity than I did with previous banks, brought my knowledge about loans and how they work full circle. I miss the culture and the co-workers. Definitely a company I'd work for again and would recommend to job seekers across the board.
Productive and enjoyable work place
Mobile Client Service Representative (Former Employee), Hayward, CADecember 4, 2014
Family owned, voted best work place in the Bay Area. Busy day either in the office or out in the field. Great clients and wonderful staff. I have learned so much about the mail room process and courier customer service. I appreciate the time that I spent there and will continue to use the skills that I have acquired here in the future.
Dont Waist Your Time and best Efforts
Sr underwriter (Current Employee), LivermoreNovember 14, 2014
Pros: tv in lunch room
Cons: it was a waist of time and effort and commute
Upper management knows absolutely nothing about banking. They are very unprofessional, the hiring manager was completely rude, had a chip on her shoulder (for what reason I don't know). A complete restructure is needed to succeed. Best piece of advice: Don't waste your time.
The employees their are not helpful or friendly only to the people they choice to like. The underwriting supervisor, is rude, dont like other cultures, rude, disrespectful are supported by management team their. They don't support education if your continuing your college education. The background and fingerprint checks are useless if they dont attain to keep you on after you have learned their system. They talk about each thru chat email and the 2nd level reviews are a joke when its based upon someone else opinion if the loan is a saleability issue or not. even with a 43% DTI was recommended loan was saleability issue with DU Approved/Eligible. Dont Waist Your Time and Best Efforts. Its always someone in management that can make a difference for the better good and DON'T.
It was productive & fun working with my department.
Records Specialist (Former Employee), Hayward, CANovember 5, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: health care, vacation pays, sick pays. i didn't have those because i was only a temp for 4 years & 2 months.
It was productive and I enjoyed working with my team mates. I learned a lot that this department ever existed in the mortgage side. It is something new to me, but it's worth learning new things. My manager is really great & working with my co-workers is like a family. We worked as a team.

Nothing really hard about the job, but, I worked as a temp with them for more than 4 years with no benefits, no vacation pay. I worked with them that long despite of not having benefits because when I work, I love my work & I enjoyed.

Just working with my team mates, makes my day so complete & the tasks that's given to me, I enjoyed doing it. I love the challenge of researching for problems with a file & my supervisor & team leader, work together to solve those problems. For me, having an accomplishment done for each day, makes me so complete.
Great place to learn invaluable skill sets
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), Hayward, CAOctober 17, 2014
Pros: empowered to do your job, good place to establish relationships, constant learning
Cons: not a great deal of opportunity to grow unless you go to another dept
- get to learn the inside of the mortgage lending business
- good managers to teach and guide you
- lots of work and not always a lot of people to share the responsibility
-requires a highly motivated person who has a lot of patience
- frustrations will come from other departments not always doing their part and you'll have to pick up the slack
CAN I GIVE IT 0 STARS?
Exception Processor (Former Employee), Hayward, CASeptember 25, 2014
Pros: time off when needed
Cons: primitive and training opportunities need to be sought after
Productive environment, diverse in culture, hospitable staff
Mortgage Service Intern (Former Employee), Hayward, CAAugust 14, 2014
Pros: complimentary lunch, company outdoor excursions
Cons: commute
A day at Fremont Bank consisted of various projects dealing with mortgage loans, filing and scanning important documentation, and company meetings. Fremont Bank enhanced my knowledge of finances dealing with homes, apartments, and insurance. The management was substantial and enthusiastic. The co-workers were dedicated and polite. The hardest part of the job was the calculations of certain payments on various client files. The rewarding part of the job was being informed how to finance future investments
Productive and friendly workplace
Intern (Current Employee), Hayward, CAJuly 31, 2014
Pros: corporate experience
A typical day at work involves completing various tasks: Scanning, Indexing, Filing, Checking Adjustment Logs, Checking/Auditing Levy log, helping wherever else needed. Management is great. My managers are patient and enthusiastic teachers. My co-workers are friendly and always willing to help. The hardest part about my job is the tediousness of the work. The most enjoyable part is learning new things. When someone mentions a subpoena or a levy in public, I know what their talking about.
Employees were good, honest, and hard working
CSI Representative (Former Employee), Fremont, CAJuly 21, 2014
Pros: lunches provided when it was really busy.
Cons: a lot of work, low pay, not a lot of respect for the employees.
A typical day at work was taking calls from clients calling in and asking questions about their checking, savings accounts. Also, questions about their loans, refinancing their loan.

Monthly test we had to take through computer to up date us on regulations within the banking industries.

Hardest part of the job was dealing with so many people who were angry about mistakes on their account by the branches. A lot of name calling and not very nice, but you just take a deep breath and try to help them the best you can.

Most enjoyable part of the job was actually being able to solve the problems the clients were calling about. The employees were helpful among each other.
working with this company is very good
QA Analyst (Former Employee), Fremont, CAJuly 7, 2014
Pros: na
Cons: na
It is a real working place with harmony. Atmosphere is very good and there is lot of scope to learn about Banking Domain
Fulfillment Specialist II (Former Employee), Hayward, CAJune 15, 2014
Pros: lunches every month for performance competitions
Cons: laid off
Most memorable:

Fremont Bank portrayed themselves as a Professional and Community Bank.

They Laid Off hundreds of people from their jobs when the interest rate increased.

Without a notice from one day at work to the evening the Manager called to announce your Laid Off.

This is a bad company to work for.
a good learning center
Document Specialist (Former Employee), Hayward, CAJune 4, 2014
Pros: pot lucks
Cons: discrimation
Multitasking required. Nice people to work with.
Racial Discrimination. Does not folow seniority to make temps regular but favours the dominating group.
n/a
Mortgage Closing Specialist (Former Employee), Hayward, CAJune 2, 2014
•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job
Quality Control Underwriter (Current Employee), Hayward, CAMay 31, 2014
I have learned so many new skills at this job. Fremont Bank takes care of it's employees.
Fun workplace
Loan Processor (Former Employee), Hayward, CAApril 9, 2014
My first Mortgage experience, I've learned so much from this company.
Very structure work place
Loan Closing and Finance Specialist III (Former Employee), Hayward, CAApril 2, 2014
Pros: flexible start time, free lunches
Cons: layoffs ever 9 mos
Fremont Bank was fast pace quite work place. Great team work. Management works with you to get the job done

1 2 3