Fremont Bank Employee Reviews in United States

Favoritism on steroids
retail (Current Employee) –  Livermore, CAMay 26, 2016
Great people here, although some will be going home as soon as the busy months slow down. Layoffs are frequent here. Greedy owners with no care in the world for your needs. There is way too much favoritism when hiring especially, and dont hire the best quality and most successful employees. They dont care if they dont have the top employees. It's all favoritism and management doee whatever is needed to save their own butt.
Pros
atmosphere, culture
Cons
favoritism, politics, layoffs, slave labor
Small community bank trying to grow up
Member of Technical Staff (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAApril 9, 2016
Community Bank feel. Aspires to serve clients well and build a work culture that is inclusive and supportive of staff.

Leadership struggles to understand the digital economy and the forces acting upon banks. Senior Management lack understanding of how to manage and deliver technology - prefer to sit in ivory tower and complain than to actively listen to staff who understand technology.
Pros
Good Work / Life Balance
Cons
Organization values Political Posturing over Leadership
Sr. VOIP Consultant
Sr. VOIP Consultant (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 11, 2016
 Over the course of my career at Fremont Bank, I was the Technical lead for upgrading Call Manager from 7.1.5 to 8.1 and then to 9.1. And migrate it to virtual Environment.
 Also responsible for Administrating Call Copy , Voice mail servers
 Team Lead for upgrading and maintaining consistent code version across all routers, switches.
 Routinely perform application troubleshooting by mapping traffic flows and inspecting packet captures using protocol analyzers (sniffer/Wire shark
Interesting company but self centered management style
Director of Financial Services (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAFebruary 27, 2016
Family owned company with many cultural issues. Lacked a clear direction and employee support mechanisms. Co-workers were great. Hardest part of the job was getting management buyin to be successful
Pros
Very good staff
Cons
culture
Great place to learn if you can find the right people
NA (Current Employee) –  LivermoreJanuary 22, 2016
The work environment is great. Managers have an open door policy and you can really learn and grow but training opportunities and career growth opportunities are lacking. There is no clear career direction or path available if you are an ambitious person who wants to get ahead.
Good work environment with opportunity for growth
Commercial Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Livermore, CAJanuary 20, 2016
Every day at work is fun and gives me a chance to grow and develop in my position. Co-workers and management are really helpful and supportive in one's advancement.
Great company with great people
Director, Talent Development (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAJanuary 31, 2016
I enjoy working here as people are definitely FB's competitive advantage. They are willing to task you with projects as long as you are willing to complete them.
appreciation lunches for employees
Records Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CADecember 10, 2015
appreciation lunches often.
ongoing classes for advancement.
Daily short meeting to keep employees updated
cross training and on -line classes
Pros
ongoing classes
Cons
no pay raises or bonus
Interesting project
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CADecember 12, 2015
Had a great time working at this location. Understood a lot about Banking. Would like to go back and work on this project. I had great interpersonal relations at this project.
Pros
Excellent Location
Cons
Was very crowded
Relaxed atmosphere, encouraging management, but low pay
Manager - Loan Servicing Operations (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CADecember 31, 2015
Fremont Bank has a very relaxed atmosphere for a bank. A typical day for me was managing the day to day functions of the operations department in loan servicing. That consisted of managing a team of eight, compiling reports to oversee the work of the group, problem solving, and working on projects for loan servicing as a whole.

I learned everything I know about loan serving and banking from Fremont Bank. I've spent my entire professional career here. I also learned how to work as a team and to become a leader.

Management has been fine for the most part. They encourage creativity and recognize success. I can sometimes feel a little detached from them at times though.

I've never had a problem with my co-workers. As I said above, it was a relaxed atmosphere, so people were generally easy to get along with.

The hardest part of the job was the pay. The Bay Area has a very high cost of living and it was tough to make ends meet even with a manager's salary.

The most enjoyable part of the hob was being encouraged to take full ownership of my work. Management was always open to new ideas and didn't stand in the way when I found better ways to handle things.
Pros
Healthcare, 401K, ESOP, relaxed atmosphere
Cons
The pay
Fun place and productive
CLIENT RELATIONSHIP SUPERVISOR / PERSONAL BANKER (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAMay 19, 2015
Community bank, love working here.
Staff and clients are nice as we provide our diamond services to out clients.
The hardest part of the job is when we lose some one from our comany or even clients.

The best part is we try our best to retain them.

The enjoyable part is company events, example, private fireworks display for employees and family celebration and many more events.
Pros
FLEXIBLE, FREE LUNCH AND DINNER ON SPECIAL OCCASIONS
BENEFITS
Great atmosphere and co-workers
Mortgage Compliance QC Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAAugust 7, 2015
Every day is something new to learn. Manager is very supportive. Sky is the limit on what you can learn. Always getting new challenges thrown my way.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Hot
Good Company
Appraisal Admin (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAApril 28, 2015
The company is a great company to work for and really appreciates their employees. A typical day of work was just importing appraisals all day. Quite basic, very little interaction other than communicating to appraisers the revisions needed. I learned more about financing and loans for homes then I had ever known. The co-workers were pretty good, although there was quite a bit of internal drama between people and in other departments as well. The management was very sweet and good to me, although there was a lot of favoritism. The most enjoyable part of this job was it was the first job I could listen to headphones and just do my job and leave rather than being pulled every which way which is what I am used to.
Pros
Good benefits, lots of employee appreciation shown
Cons
favortism, loads of extra work always pushed on certain people
Excellent Environment!
Sr. Loan Consultant (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAJuly 8, 2015
Responsible for inside/outside mortgage origination, loan process, underwriting and funding procedures. Outstanding customer service and approval reviews.
Pros
Great Freebies
Cons
Not enough leads
poor mangement in the mortgage dept
Retail mortgage (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAMarch 12, 2015
Mangement is very selfish, all they care is the #s, not the employees. They push you everyday as if you have an assembly line job. When they are not as crazily busy (but still busy), they do layoffs overnight and give you 1-2 weeks serverance no matter how long you've worked there for. 0 job security. Just look at it as a temp job if you get a job there. Don't be serious wth them.
Pros
free lunches once in a couple months (mostly costco pizza)
Great Place to Work and Grow
Client Contact Representative (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAJune 5, 2015
Great work atmosphere and the people are amazing. If you work hard their are opportunities for growth. The management team are dedicated, expect you to give your best, yet they are fun to be around.
Fremont Bank
Sr. Loan Booking Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAJanuary 21, 2015
Excellent company who put as much value on their employees as they did their customers. Working with Fremont Bank at a slightly different capacity than I did with previous banks, brought my knowledge about loans and how they work full circle. I miss the culture and the co-workers. Definitely a company I'd work for again and would recommend to job seekers across the board.
Pros
the integrity, the culture, the knowledge
Small Bank
Manager (Current Employee) –  Livermore, CAApril 20, 2015
If you fit the culture you will do well. It is a small bank that has outgrown itself. The pay is average and there a lot of cliches. If you are not self promoting and bombastic you will be left in the dust.

Most of the poeple are friendly and helpful.
Cons
there is no advancement
I would seriously consider not accepting an offer
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  FREEMONT, CAFebruary 12, 2015
So much possibility, but so much turmoil. Total lack of support by management, support groups, and back offices. All they care about is how many new accounts did you open, even if the accounts are bogus.
Pros
nice work enviorment
Cons
management and their little kingdoms
Excellent place to work that values the employee
Trust Officer (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAJune 4, 2015
Employees are valued just as much as the customers. The company prides itself on its service internally and externally.