Fremont Hospital Employee Reviews

Organized Chaos
MFT and Art Therapy Practicum Trainee (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CADecember 2, 2016
The hospital site is very fast moving, but is organized to flow for the benefits if the patients. The inpatient and outpatient culture of the site is separate, but work together at times when patients move from inpatient to the outpatient program. You must be high energy to be able to keep up with the intensity of how quickly everything moves.
Pros
rapport among staff
Cons
hourly salary and changes based on patient number
Great place to grow as a person by helping patients
MHT (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAMarch 13, 2017
Great working place. Connected very well with coworkers and patient as we are incourage with motivation on doing so with our mental patients Safe environment and always staying alert
clinical case manager/ utilization review
Clinical Case Manager/Utilization Review (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAAugust 17, 2016
This was a per diem position; I worked 20-25 hours a week, mostly weekend work.
I learned that I never wanted to work in such a facility again in my career. It was very hopeless and depressing
Co-workers were all dissatisfied and burned out from overwork and little job satisfaction.
This population was very sick and many had conditions that adversly affected their quality of life.
Hardest part of job was dealing with the hopelessness of this population.
Occasionally I could make a difference in the life of a patient.
Pros
Cons
helping patients
Overall good place to work
Mental Health Technician 3 (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAAugust 29, 2016
A typical day a work is trying to leave work the way I came into work. I work on a very acute unit at times.The unit can be very dangers for staff and patients. I have learn alot from this job is how to listen and to use my voice manage stay calm. I have no problems with management only every once in a while they favor some staff and not others. My co-worker are just great now there are some I don't trust but the once that i do trust i know they have my back. The hardest part is working with not enough staff. When the acuity is high like it is there should always be more then two staff working on the unit. The most enjoyable part of working at Fremont Hospital is a client leave and they tell how much you helped then and they appreciate you that the greatest feeling. Overall Fremont is a great place to work I would'nt want to work anywhere else.
Pros
Every other weekend off
Cons
No incentives
everyone is so nice there you can feel support on any unit you work on great staff support
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAMarch 1, 2016
A typical day bringing good energy, sets the mood, I have learned when someone is having a bad day, to be understanding and patient, they will eventually come around, and be there when they do, my co-workers and I are doing our best in working together as a team, keeping each other informed of any sudden changes, or information needed to began the day. Jobs not hard when u do your best, the most enjoyable part of the job is when the patient is being discharged, and they stop and apologize to you the way they behaved and that they thank you for not holding it against them, and tell you that they really appreciated that.
Pros
Fremont always reward there staff and show appreciation very often.
Cons
sometimes you may miss your break but they accommidate you for it.
Supportive colleagues, flexible schedules
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAJanuary 26, 2016
Supportive colleagues, flexible schedules. Smaller hospital, so very easy to get to know people. Benefits are decent. Patient population can be challenging to care for at times, but rewarding at the same time.
Okay place to work
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CADecember 11, 2015
Management can be a bit more organized. You must be able to work and get help on your own as getting help from others is almost never. Pays well compare to nonprofit agencies. Could be a pretty draining place to work.
A family-like work place
rn (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 8, 2016
Working with patients with mental illness is challenging, but everyone works as a team. Management is responsive. Changes happen frequently.
Pros
Team work
Cons
Compensation
Fun and produtive place lots of interactions
MHT (Former Employee) –  Fremont CAJanuary 10, 2012
Fremont Hospital is great place to work, love the staff they are welcoming and accomidating, everyday was not the same and each unit had its staff bond and one staff member helped out the rest of the staff if in need of assistance, great environment for someone who love to help others and enjoys a fast pace environment with lots of mulititasking.
Although I did not feel totally welcome because of my latin herritage by some managment.
Pros
friendly staff, fun and busy environment
Cons
not true to its diversity
Great place to work for awesome people
CRTT (Current Employee) –  Muskegon, MIFebruary 10, 2013
i love working for GLSH People are great working eviroment is good and bad just like anywhere . mangement could be inproved a little.
my co workers are great and funny. The hardest part is being so busy you can't spend time with your PTS as much as i would like to.
Being able to see some of pts get beter and go home
Pros
great schedule
Cons
nights
Never a dull moment. Developed good communication skills
Inbound/Outbound calls PT ACCOUNT. (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAApril 10, 2012
Very good experience , learned how to affectivley communicate with psychatric patients without offending them. Learned front and back end collections, charge entry.
Pros
free food
Very good facility for the behaviorally challenged
Evening Supervisor, Infection Control Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAApril 10, 2013
The hospital taught me so much about mental health and how to hold a leadership role
Pros
good work environment
Cons
poor management
Productive Office, Team worked well together, all cross-trained.
Business Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAJuly 16, 2012
Typical day is to meet with my staff in the morning to see how everything is going if they have any questions or concerns that need to be taken care about their specific job duties. I learned in a short amount of time to go from one software accounting program to the newest one. Management seemed like they never took the time to invest some time in each department to ask questions or just to make sure we had the tools to do our job. My co-workers were the best we all worked together in hard times to meet the company's expectations. The hardest part of my job-was keeping my team happy and making sure we all worked together. Most enjoyable was meeting our cash goals, front end collections, making sure all accounts were accured at the right rate, refunds were given in a timely manner and making sure we had accurate billing in order to receive timely payments.
Pros
telecommute one day a week, bonus for cash collections
Cons
getting upper management to acknowledge the business office and the great job they do.
great place
Junior Auxiliary Member (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Yuba City, CAApril 23, 2012
volunteered in the gift shop in high school. Learned people skills and enjoyed working with friendly people.
productive
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAOctober 25, 2013
i like my co workers, i just wish they improve their benefits
Pros
free snacks during nurses week
Cons
healthcare
Very troubling place to work
Cook/food service worker (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAMay 26, 2015
I was employed at Fremont Hospital for 5 1/2 years as kitchen staff. I functioned as a dietary aide as well as a cook, my experience with this hospital has not been a good one.I was required to train individuals time and time again just for them to be promoted over me. I would be promised promotions that never happened although I had great reviews compliments on my food.as well as excellent evaluations. I never once was given employee of the month given a raise or given a promotion to a higher position even if a higher position had became available! In 5 1/2 years This type of treatment Can tend to really take its toll over time. I was misused and unappreciated for the services that I brought to the hospital, the care and nurturing that I gave to patients through food service was An responsibility that I took great joy,care and pride in.worst of all they allowed harassment by fellow co workers to take place at this facility without any proper discipline.This to can cause a very hostile work environment and if you add in poor management via The director of nutrition Purvy and her lap dog Samara. This is just not a very healthy place to work. I am so very happy to be free!
Pros
great benefits, The CEO John Cooper is a nice guy
Cons
Lowest paying hospital and the entire bay area, poor leadership and management in a failure to promote staff or give recognition or bonuses

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fremont Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Fremont Hospital Reviews by Location