Fremont Hospital Employee Reviews

A family-like work place
rn (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 8, 2016
Working with patients with mental illness is challenging, but everyone works as a team. Management is responsive. Changes happen frequently.
Pros
Team work
Cons
Compensation
Okay place to work
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CADecember 11, 2015
Management can be a bit more organized. You must be able to work and get help on your own as getting help from others is almost never. Pays well compare to nonprofit agencies. Could be a pretty draining place to work.
Very troubling place to work
Cook/food service worker (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAMay 26, 2015
I was employed at Fremont Hospital for 5 1/2 years as kitchen staff. I functioned as a dietary aide as well as a cook, my experience with this hospital has not been a good one.I was required to train individuals time and time again just for them to be promoted over me. I would be promised promotions that never happened although I had great reviews compliments on my food.as well as excellent evaluations. I never once was given employee of the month given a raise or given a promotion to a higher position even if a higher position had became available! In 5 1/2 years This type of treatment Can tend to really take its toll over time. I was misused and unappreciated for the services that I brought to the hospital, the care and nurturing that I gave to patients through food service was An responsibility that I took great joy,care and pride in.worst of all they allowed harassment by fellow co workers to take place at this facility without any proper discipline.This to can cause a very hostile work environment and if you add in poor management via The director of nutrition Purvy and her lap dog Samara. This is just not a very healthy place to work. I am so very happy to be free!
Pros
great benefits, The CEO John Cooper is a nice guy
Cons
Lowest paying hospital and the entire bay area, poor leadership and management in a failure to promote staff or give recognition or bonuses
productive
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAOctober 25, 2013
i like my co workers, i just wish they improve their benefits
Pros
free snacks during nurses week
Cons
healthcare
Very good facility for the behaviorally challenged
Evening Supervisor, Infection Control Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAApril 10, 2013
The hospital taught me so much about mental health and how to hold a leadership role
Pros
good work environment
Cons
poor management
Great place to work for awesome people
CRTT (Current Employee) –  Muskegon, MIFebruary 10, 2013
i love working for GLSH People are great working eviroment is good and bad just like anywhere . mangement could be inproved a little.
my co workers are great and funny. The hardest part is being so busy you can't spend time with your PTS as much as i would like to.
Being able to see some of pts get beter and go home
Pros
great schedule
Cons
nights
Productive Office, Team worked well together, all cross-trained.
Business Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAJuly 16, 2012
Typical day is to meet with my staff in the morning to see how everything is going if they have any questions or concerns that need to be taken care about their specific job duties. I learned in a short amount of time to go from one software accounting program to the newest one. Management seemed like they never took the time to invest some time in each department to ask questions or just to make sure we had the tools to do our job. My co-workers were the best we all worked together in hard times to meet the company's expectations. The hardest part of my job-was keeping my team happy and making sure we all worked together. Most enjoyable was meeting our cash goals, front end collections, making sure all accounts were accured at the right rate, refunds were given in a timely manner and making sure we had accurate billing in order to receive timely payments.
Pros
telecommute one day a week, bonus for cash collections
Cons
getting upper management to acknowledge the business office and the great job they do.
great place
Junior Auxiliary Member (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Yuba City, CAApril 23, 2012
volunteered in the gift shop in high school. Learned people skills and enjoyed working with friendly people.
Never a dull moment. Developed good communication skills
Inbound/Outbound calls PT ACCOUNT. (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAApril 10, 2012
Very good experience , learned how to affectivley communicate with psychatric patients without offending them. Learned front and back end collections, charge entry.
Pros
free food
Fun and produtive place lots of interactions
MHT (Former Employee) –  Fremont CAJanuary 10, 2012
Fremont Hospital is great place to work, love the staff they are welcoming and accomidating, everyday was not the same and each unit had its staff bond and one staff member helped out the rest of the staff if in need of assistance, great environment for someone who love to help others and enjoys a fast pace environment with lots of mulititasking.
Although I did not feel totally welcome because of my latin herritage by some managment.
Pros
friendly staff, fun and busy environment
Cons
not true to its diversity