Fremont Unified School District

Fremont Unified School District Employer Reviews

Very Professional work place
Principal (Former Employee), Fremont, CAAugust 27, 2014
Worked with administrators that were knowledgeable and professional.
Secretarital
Secretary/Library and Para Educator - Temporary (Former Employee), Fremont, CAMay 30, 2014
Pros: relaxed, intereaction with many dffferent types of students and staff
Cons: no benefits low pay
Spreadsheets with orders for Library or office,
Handle all Library funds or book fair funds. student returns and check outs, Schedules, Order for ID cards, handle all office calls for absentee and ordering for lunches.
Great leadership, teachers and community
First Grade Teacher (Current Employee), Fremont,CAMay 4, 2014
Leitch Elementary School is a unique school environment that serves grades K-3.
Enjoyed my experiences as well as my colleagues.
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee), Fremont, CAApril 25, 2014
Pros: colleagues, tasks, enviornment, overall experiencd
Cons: the on-call aspect
I thoroughly emnjoyed every aspect of the mutliple positions I was able to explore throughout the district. The faculty and staff were a pleasure to work with and I enjoyed building both professional and personal relationships with them.
FUSD
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE CLERK (Former Employee), Femont, CAMarch 3, 2014
Fantastic Governmental accounting department provided me with ton of new knowledge.
A great goverment position
Janitor/Maintenance (Former Employee), Fremont, CAFebruary 23, 2014
I learned how to really clean here, and since it was on-call, I was usually at a new school.
temp position
Campus Supervisor/Child Nutrition Sub (Former Employee), Fremont, CaOctober 15, 2013
i really enjoy working wih the kids - this was a temp position. Campus secuity and it was a fun expeirence
fun place to work
Customer service (Former Employee), Fremont, CAAugust 23, 2013
watching the kids be happy with the service you provide always puts a smile on my face
good
Special Educational Assistant (Former Employee), Fremont, CAMay 13, 2013
It was a good company, good job while it lasted...company was considerate
Office Assistant (Current Employee), FremontApril 19, 2013
Pros: flexibility
Cons: not enough clerical substitute jobs
co-workers are usually very nice, interaction with parents and students.

The unexpected nature of the job
Busy, fun environment
Office Assistant (Current Employee), Fremont, CAJanuary 8, 2013
Pros: all the time off, summers, holidays
Cons: not enough hrs.
A typical day at work for me. I start work at 8am but usually there at least 20 minutes early. Students start arriving around 8:15, one of the first things I take care of are the students coming in tardy. At about 8:50 I email the lunch count into the main kitchen at the high school. I listen to my voicemails from parents regarding their students absences. – more... The absences get cleared into the school system along with the tardies that the teachers have entered after taking attendance. I run the report that shows which teachers have entered their absences. I call the teachers that have not entered their absences to make sure they have no one absent in their classroom. Most of the new registrations are done in the month of January. At that time, we check proof of residency and all the necessary documents needed to register a student. I work for a wonderful principal and secretary. I love that we are a team and work well together. The hardest part of the job is dealing with irate parents but I always handle it by keeping in mind that we all have our bad days and stay calm. Show them that I do understand and I will do my best to remedy the situation.
The most enjoyable part of my job is listening to some of the cute reasons students give for being tardy. – less
Productive and Creative Educational Work Environment
Classified Substitute (Current Employee), CAMay 29, 2012
Pros: training on different areas, use my various skills
Cons: subbing has no benefits; sick day, vacation pay if needed.
Enjoyed every part of it except the once in a while heavy lifting of the older students for the Special Ed. segments. 90% of co workers were very helpful and I just needed direction for me to take the initiatives as a substitute for the day. Most of my work was subbing and the least thing I enjoyed was being pulled in the middle of a job I began to – more... enjoy to be placed to another place of greater needs, as was told. But I quickly adjusted as a sub to new places and arrangements. Did not enjoy traveling to different places everyday, so was very happy with long term place after I had to prove my hard work. – less

About Fremont Unified School District

FUSD has approximately 32,000 students in grades K-12. FUSD has 3,000 employees who work hard everyday to ensure that every student – Read more