Fremont Unified School District Employee Reviews

Typical large school district, no medical benefits
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAMay 28, 2017
Experience depends on school culture and administration. District provides no medical benefits. Must purchase your own. Student population generally middle class.
good place to work
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAMay 28, 2017
It takes forever to get a teaching position. Once you do you are on your own. Better know your stuff. While they are nice to you it is expected of you to not need hand holding.
Pros
Teaching is always fun
Cons
No job security
Long commute to Fremosnt from SF which was very taxing
Special Education Teacher (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAMarch 2, 2017
Special education is both a rewarding and highly stressful job.
I did have asupportive principal and great teacher's aide. The staff was friendly and helpful. It was just too far away with an entirely differnt culture (suburban).
I left due to getting married and and two subsequent pregnancies.
Pros
nice staff, interesting students
Cons
Long commute and pay
Good place and kind hard workwrs
cook, server, preparation (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAFebruary 15, 2017
Good job, hard workers. Most work was partime. And was on call for several different Schools. I left this job and moved to Hawaii in 1995
Pros
Workers, work as a team and get the job done
Cons
Not enough hours
Education
Contracted and Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CA 94538October 19, 2016
It feels great to work for a district that is so welcoming and positive. The staffs and upper managements that I have had the opportunity to work with have just been amazing. I've learned so much from them. I enjoyed my students as well. Some days are harder than others when working with kids, but you are reminded how grateful you are to be in that position and play such an important part in their lives.
Awesome workplace
Custodian 2 (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CASeptember 27, 2016
A typical day is unlocking and disarming campus loading paper for copiers for staff putting flag up cleaning bathrooms picking up tanbark sweeping it up raking tanbark at least once a week cleaning drinking fountains once a week dumping trash in cans around campus picking up trash around campus putting luch tables down for lunch in cafateria preparing recycling bins for lunch putting in works orders for things that need to be fixed like paint..plumbing etc.
They have been very informative.
Clerical (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAAugust 31, 2016
I have enjoyed working for them I think they all should be paid more..
They all work very hard for very little pay.
I think the hardest part of the job, was the last names of students.
And not understanding the parents.Co-Workers were all very helpful.
Pros
good people.
Cons
short notice to be there.
Great school district
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAJuly 14, 2016
I learned how to manage a class of 30 students on my own. There was a lot of grading to take home each day and especially over the weekends but all teachers in my grade level were very supportive. The principal and vice principal were also very kind and encouraging.
The courses I taught felt disrespected by the way administrators used them for problem children.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAJuly 2, 2016
My day started at 8 a.m. and included four classes in a row until lunch. I had one break after lunch followed by another class.

The hardest part was inspiring kids to work together. The students who had strong verbal skills did not match the quiet manner of academically minded kids.

I learned to offer choices and appreciate connecting the interests of kids into projects for class.

The most enjoyable part of the class was getting to see growth in students as well as intelligence and humor in their projects.

My coworkers were outstanding, yet I was the only teacher in my subject matter. Despite the 150 students a day, it can feel lonely being the only adult in the room for 10 years in a row.
Pros
The best aspects included being creative, folding student's interests into class, filming projects, performing with students, directing students, and seeing student growth.
Cons
The least favorite moments included finding staples in my coffee, having my phone stolen with items immediately purchased by a student, feeling threatened by students who were led by negative personalities, being located next to an active cemetery, and hearing construction as a parking lot became luxury condos.
All in all a fairly good place to work
Gardener I (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAMay 4, 2016
The work is hard but satisfying, My co-workers for the most part were fun to work with and hang out with. the hardest part of the job was the weather and the elements.
Pros
Compensation and job security
Cons
Benifets
Working with disable kids is a great experience
Para Educator (Current Employee) –  FremontJuly 26, 2015
It is a good work place which provides work life balance and was able to make impact on physically and mentally challenged kids.
It is an excellent place to work.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAJune 14, 2015
The district provides me with an opportunity to work with ranges in age from elementary school to high school including special need kids.
Productive and efficient place to work
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAJanuary 5, 2015
Good place to work they are very friendly and helpful. The staff was very helpful when I was getting cleared to coach. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with my students.
Family, Family, Family...
Custodian I, Custodian II, Lead Custondian (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAOctober 3, 2014
Great working place, every one was their for anyone else no matter what. Management was out standing, the benefits are the best. I loved being there every day and all the over time I wanted and I took it all. Open door to management meant just that an open door. It is a business, but the management was there for you and your family as needed.
Pros
Everything...
Cons
None...
Very Professional work place
Principal (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAAugust 27, 2014
Worked with administrators that were knowledgeable and professional.
Secretarital
Secretary/Library and Para Educator - Temporary (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAMay 30, 2014
Spreadsheets with orders for Library or office,
Handle all Library funds or book fair funds. student returns and check outs, Schedules, Order for ID cards, handle all office calls for absentee and ordering for lunches.
Pros
Relaxed, intereaction with many dffferent types of students and staff
Cons
No benefits low pay
Great leadership, teachers and community
First Grade Teacher (Current Employee) –  Fremont,CAMay 4, 2014
Leitch Elementary School is a unique school environment that serves grades K-3.
Enjoyed my experiences as well as my colleagues.
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAApril 25, 2014
I thoroughly emnjoyed every aspect of the mutliple positions I was able to explore throughout the district. The faculty and staff were a pleasure to work with and I enjoyed building both professional and personal relationships with them.
Pros
Colleagues, tasks, enviornment, overall experiencd
Cons
THe on-call aspect
Fusd
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE CLERK (Former Employee) –  Femont, CAMarch 3, 2014
Fantastic Governmental accounting department provided me with ton of new knowledge.
A great goverment position
Janitor/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAFebruary 23, 2014
I learned how to really clean here, and since it was on-call, I was usually at a new school.