French Connection Employee Reviews

Productive nd hardworking
Merchandise Handler (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYJuly 6, 2017
I love my job at French connection. I learned so much. I made so much new friends and my taste in clothes has definitely improved. All the workers supported me and help me build new skills.
Cool Team
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 5, 2017
I enjoyed serving the customers, the environment was great. Friendly and welcoming team, be sure to stay on your feet! A typical day at work was very enjoyable.
Nice and fashionable place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 15, 2017
Handled various currency transactions
Maintained store appearance and general cleanliness of work area.
Checked new shipments and restocked shelves. It wasn't that friendly of an environment to work considering the manager's were always looking out for their own culture. Learned good customer service. The hardest part was working with some of the staff that were not friendly and professional. The most enjoyable part was learning great fashion and the new trendy things.
it ok
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 22, 2017
if u like retail u will like this. well kept store. nice cutomers. fun place. mean managers but that is ok. worth the job. pay could be higher
Great starting job in selling
Stylist (Former Employee) –  new yoeFebruary 13, 2017
French Connection was a great workplace to start a career in retailing. The management and staff were welcoming and willing to assist in any way possible, however the compensation was very poor and there were no monetary rewards for meeting sales quotas.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Poor salary
Amazing people
Junior Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  King's RoadJanuary 27, 2017
In French Connection I was able to work with the most amazing people in store. The company itself is not very well organized and there is a huge lack of communication between Head Office, the stores, Area Managers and Visual Merchandisers.
Pros
People
Cons
Not well organized company
No advancement
Inventory / Customer Service (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 20, 2017
There was no advancement in ranks while working there for almost 3 years. No benefits, no health insurance, no sick/vacation days given. I was in charge of keeping and organizing the stock room. It was not a bad place to work in.
Pros
Cons
Short breaks, no opportunities for advancement
Productive and youthful workplace
Wholesale Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 8, 2017
A typical workday involved completing style selling and best sellers for various accounts, and sending samples or checking samples back in. If there were appointments with buyers, I would pull samples and organize them in the showroom. I became extremely proficient with Microsoft Excel, as that was the main program used to track style selling. My supervisor was hardworking, organized and patient when it came to teaching me new things; she always made sure I was busy.
store manager
store manager (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLDecember 7, 2016
Responsible for sales and assistance in sales floor. Organizing store for opening and closing. Assisting customers in order to improve their experience at the store. Count the daily income at the end of the day, keep records and put money in the safe. Supervise employees and direct them with specific tasks.
Fun but died out
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 22, 2016
When i worked there, it was fun the energy was high and the brand was desirable. I witnessed it burn down to the ground. All in all, i learned a great deal form the area manager who made me who i was today and great friendships that i still have today. It was fun to work there while it lasted.
Pros
high energy, great clothing, allowances
Cons
Pay was low

Want to know more about French Connection?

Ask a question
Productive and fun workplace environment
E-commerce Administrative Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 8, 2016
Overall great workplace environment where I have learned and developed most of my skills while working independently and part of a well organized team.
Pros
Great communication and being able to help each other.
Cons
Employment advancement
productive and fun wok place
fashion consultant (Current Employee) –  New Delhi, ILMarch 7, 2016
It is an international fashion retail brand with headquarter in London UK. The work environment is very productive and cool. I was working at a exclusive store of french connection situated in new delhi india. The store i was taking care was giving average sale of (US) $100000 to $120000 per month and also giving a constant growth in sales.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short brakes
Very productive and fun work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LA 70130February 29, 2016
I love working at French Connection. It has really gave me a lot of customer service experience. My co-workers are all wonderful people and we all get along very well. The hardest part of the job is finding things to do in our down time. In this store my co-workers and I find a lot of down time when there are not people shopping in the store. We try to keep ourselves busy with cleaning and steaming. The most enjoyable part is talking with the many different type of people who come into the store to shop. As a psychology major I love talking to people and hearing their stories. This job gave me the opportunity to talk with many different types of people and help them find the perfect outfits.
customer service
E-Commerce Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 15, 2016
great entry level position to learn the in and outs of customer service! Wonderful team to work with as well as work environment
Working at French Connection
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 23, 2015
Working at French Connection great because of our high cliental. The coworker and mangers make it interesting by setting up small contest to promote and encourage the volume of sales. While working at French Connection I've managed to receive three " Club Connect cards " which is when you make a thousand dollars on one transactions. While at French Connection I've learned so much and gain so much experience on the do's and don't about sales. I love my job but I'm ready for more.
Pros
The Cliental
Cons
Short breaks, Very Unorganized, No commission
Good
Stock Room Controller (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJune 8, 2015
Wonderful place to work. Co-workers are great and knowledgeable, management is great and responsive. Its a great place to learn and use any skills you may already have in sales. Clothes are great as well, plus great discounts.
Fun
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  george street sydneyApril 2, 2015
Really good work environment with a great team and great training over my 6 month there. Would recommend to anyone working there
productive and fun place
Lead Stock (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 27, 2015
We were always the first to be in the store. Once settle in we start sweeping then mop the floor. After that work in the stockroom then take in shipment once done there will be time the stock associates would cover the front door or cover a lunch break.
Pros
free clothes
not whats expected
Co-Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 17, 2015
this place is stupid.... the clothes are EURO TRASH, you work there and cant afford to buy any, but are still expected to wear everything
overall good company
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 15, 2014
I enjoyed working there I just to prefer to not work holidays or weekends in order to spend time with my family. Work hours were very demanding.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at French Connection. Our community is ready to answer.

French Connection Reviews by Location