French Connection

French Connection Employee Reviews

No advancement
Inventory / Customer Service (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 20, 2017
There was no advancement in ranks while working there for almost 3 years. No benefits, no health insurance, no sick/vacation days given. I was in charge of keeping and organizing the stock room. It was not a bad place to work in.
Pros
Cons
Short breaks, no opportunities for advancement
Amazing people
Junior Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  King's RoadJanuary 27, 2017
In French Connection I was able to work with the most amazing people in store. The company itself is not very well organized and there is a huge lack of communication between Head Office, the stores, Area Managers and Visual Merchandisers.
Pros
People
Cons
Not well organized company
store manager
store manager (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLDecember 7, 2016
Responsible for sales and assistance in sales floor. Organizing store for opening and closing. Assisting customers in order to improve their experience at the store. Count the daily income at the end of the day, keep records and put money in the safe. Supervise employees and direct them with specific tasks.
Productive and fun workplace environment
E-commerce Administrative Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 8, 2016
Overall great workplace environment where I have learned and developed most of my skills while working independently and part of a well organized team.
Pros
Great communication and being able to help each other.
Cons
Employment advancement
Very productive and fun work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LA 70130February 29, 2016
I love working at French Connection. It has really gave me a lot of customer service experience. My co-workers are all wonderful people and we all get along very well. The hardest part of the job is finding things to do in our down time. In this store my co-workers and I find a lot of down time when there are not people shopping in the store. We try to keep ourselves busy with cleaning and steaming. The most enjoyable part is talking with the many different type of people who come into the store to shop. As a psychology major I love talking to people and hearing their stories. This job gave me the opportunity to talk with many different types of people and help them find the perfect outfits.
productive and fun wok place
fashion consultant (Current Employee) –  New Delhi, ILMarch 7, 2016
It is an international fashion retail brand with headquarter in London UK. The work environment is very productive and cool. I was working at a exclusive store of french connection situated in new delhi india. The store i was taking care was giving average sale of (US) $100000 to $120000 per month and also giving a constant growth in sales.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short brakes
Interesting
Sales Asscoiate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 7, 2014
My employment with French Connection was resourceful for many reasons. Ultimately it could have been better had there been room for advancement and employee incentive.
Pros
Company provided clothing at times, flexible scheduling, good employee rapport
Cons
Short breaks, Short Shifts, Management
very fun, fast pasted entertaining environment
Sales associate, sales advisor, customer service (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 17, 2013
* typical day at work Fast/ slow depending on the weather.
* I learned alot about what a good sales associate, and what it is to go up and beyond for the customer, and its needs.
* management is strict and sometimes not on point with things but manageable.
* my co-workers are awesome. Its all about Team work and helping one another achieve our store goals, and of course ours.
*There isn't any hard part of my job. I think its all easy to me because i am in the fashion industry and i love and know what i am doing so i can manage around easily.

* The most enjoyable part of my job is when its busy and we get to work on hands on working with customers and styling them, giving them tips on what would look good or not and helping them find something they feel comfortable but also find the look they were looking for.
Pros
free clothing
Cons
non flexible hours
Good
Stock Room Controller (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJune 8, 2015
Wonderful place to work. Co-workers are great and knowledgeable, management is great and responsive. Its a great place to learn and use any skills you may already have in sales. Clothes are great as well, plus great discounts.
customer service
E-Commerce Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 15, 2016
great entry level position to learn the in and outs of customer service! Wonderful team to work with as well as work environment
Working at French Connection
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 23, 2015
Working at French Connection great because of our high cliental. The coworker and mangers make it interesting by setting up small contest to promote and encourage the volume of sales. While working at French Connection I've managed to receive three " Club Connect cards " which is when you make a thousand dollars on one transactions. While at French Connection I've learned so much and gain so much experience on the do's and don't about sales. I love my job but I'm ready for more.
Pros
The Cliental
Cons
Short breaks, Very Unorganized, No commission
Great people
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 23, 2014
I made a great and long lasting connection with people there. The management was very easy to talk to and to communicate with. The days were very easy and the customers were friendly, for the most part. It was sad to see the store close.
Great
Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 15, 2014
Loved working as an intern at French Connection. The company culture is amazing and the team gives their interns a lot of responsibilities.
Pros
Great work environment
productive work environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 13, 2014
I interned in the showroom on 7th ave. I worked for the Public Relations and Wholesale departments but I acted as a laision for the other departments as well. It was cool to be exposed to the corporate side of fashion. I learned a lot in the course of 3 months-- as it was a contract internship. The best part of the job was helping with closet pulls for magazine photo shoots.
Pros
reimbursed stipend and lunch, long break
Cons
no growth opportunities
Productive and great fashion apparel
store manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 13, 2014
While working at this company I have grown tremendously as an individual and professionally. The staff always work well together to accomplish one common goal. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting different people on a day to day basis and helping them build wardrobes.
Pros
Great Discount, loving staff
Productive, welcoming, fun place to work
Specialty Wholesale Intern (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 30, 2013
The team works diligently while keeping a fun and approachable atmosphere. I attained a great deal of knowledge about the wholesale business, specifically with specialty stores. My co-workers were amazing to work with continuously teaching and pushing me to work my hardest!
productive and fun place
Lead Stock (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 27, 2015
We were always the first to be in the store. Once settle in we start sweeping then mop the floor. After that work in the stockroom then take in shipment once done there will be time the stock associates would cover the front door or cover a lunch break.
Pros
free clothes
not whats expected
Co-Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 17, 2015
this place is stupid.... the clothes are EURO TRASH, you work there and cant afford to buy any, but are still expected to wear everything
Fun, Eclectic Workplace
Sales Stylist (Former Employee) –  London, OHJuly 9, 2012
A typicalday involves helping customers with an outfit for whatever occasion. Keeping the sales floor clean. restocking:making sure each size is available on the sales floor
Pros
co-workers, lovely clients, experiencing dfashion at its best
Fun
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  george street sydneyApril 2, 2015
Really good work environment with a great team and great training over my 6 month there. Would recommend to anyone working there

Ask a question about working or interviewing at French Connection. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval