Fresenius Medical Care Employee Reviews

Found 1,975 reviews matching the search
Time Management
Patient Care Technician Preceptor (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CAAugust 16, 2017
Being a patient care technician in Fresenius takes patience and compassion if you don't have those traits it would be a difficult place to work. Other than that it's a wonderful place to work with coworkers who have the same goal in mind which is to provide ultra care to the patients.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Growth
great team
Staff & Charge RN - Acute Dialysis (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 15, 2017
This company was great to work for because of the people and my manager, but a new middle manager came in and decimated the mobile dialysis team and then I had no back up of often worked 14-16 hours a day, so I left
Pros
people I worked with and my main manager
Cons
Low pay, very poor middle management
Be Prepared
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Bullhead City, AZAugust 15, 2017
Pay is very good for the Bullhead City area, and usually have a lot of over time hours. Unfortunately, the local management team is not all that receptive to work and life balance being equal. If you can get through the first two weeks of clinical evaluation you might be accepted by the other technicians. Don't expect most of the nurses to be much help, and it is better to be submissive that forthcoming.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Culture is burtal
I enjoyed working at Fresenius
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAAugust 15, 2017
Fresenius is a great place to work they offer great benefits and they offer to pay for you to further your education as long as you continue to work for them. But they need to be more professional when dealing with there employees..
Pros
We paid for our own food
Cons
Breaks was only 30 mintues
Poor
Hemodialysis Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAAugust 15, 2017
This was probably the most stressful and underpaid job I have ever held. The work is hard and stressful. There is no real morale for the nursing staff.
Benefits
Cons
Poor pay
You can never do enough
Manage staff (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 15, 2017
This company used to care about patients, now all they care about is money. They have a monopoly in the business, so they don't feel that they need to try as hard. They are always short staffed, they expect you to hire substandard nurses and techs just to fill the positions. You get little to no support from management. They roll out programs so quickly no one can keep up, but expect staff to get trained and take care of patients and not go over hours allowed. They contradict themselves by handing out awards to staff to keep them thinking they value them, but getting rid of staff who really make a difference in the day to day operations and in patients lives. They value the relationship with their MDs more than the one with the patients and staff.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
employees are not valued, expect too much with too little staff, upper management does not listen to the people who are actually taking care of the patients, they try to implement too many things at once, then blame middle management for failures.
Nice for experience
Specimen Handler I (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAAugust 14, 2017
Good place to start in industry. Coming out of college, it is difficult to find an entry level position but I was able to work here and learn about the needs inherent to the field.
Pros
Diverse atmosphere
Dialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHAugust 14, 2017
I was just starting my career as a Phlebotomist and believed that Fresenius was what I was looking for but If that is the line of work you want to go into then its a great job.
Pros
Great job
Cons
Was not what I was looking for
Pay is not good
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 14, 2017
It depends on what clinic you work at not all of them are bad. The benefits are great, however the pay is not enough for all the work we do as a patient care tech. The hardest part is turn over
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Low pay
Dialysis organization with opportunities for advancement
Dialysis, Home Therapies Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 13, 2017
The organization is an excellent place for learning and advancing. The pay is great for upper management, but not so much for staff positions. The culture can be greatly improved.

Want to know more about Fresenius Medical Care?

Ask a question
too busy and not enough benefits
Patient Intake Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Metairie, LAAugust 13, 2017
As a patient intake coordinator the phones never stop ringing and the workload is never lessened. It is incredibly busy and if you havent mastered multi tasking you'll never get anything done. Managers communicate through some passive aggressive emails and some supervisors are constantly zero help. You stay a temp until they either fire you or you spend a year or so there to get hired on full time. Seems like they hire people that are there the longest over people that do the job correctly and well. Not paid enough for what you do all day
Pros
dresscode super casual, keurig & tons of flavors in the breakroom
Cons
overworked, little help, constantly busy
Does not thoroughly train Employees
Patient Account Representative - Cash Poster (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAAugust 11, 2017
I worked as an accounting clerk (Cash Posting Team) for two months before I left. I was not properly trained and was expected to make no mistakes. The person who trained me stayed on his phone the majority of the time I was being trained and well after. I received incomplete and were to questions that I had. The management doesn't not communicate with employees well. They have a very high turnover rate. I wouldn't recommend working here until they place a team in place to properly train employees and set realistic daily goals.
Cons
Doesnt pay well as a temp. Bad management. Horrible training!
A great, easy entry into customer service over the phone.
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Waukegan, ILAugust 11, 2017
Daytime shifts, weekends and holidays off, easy work, rewarding results. Helping patients with their dialysis supplies can be very enriching. Easy to get time off when needed.
Pros
Weekends and holidays off.
Cons
Stuck at your desk most of your day.
Long Hours/ Great Patients
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCAugust 11, 2017
The company itself has a lot of great benefits. The pay is reasonable compared to other jobs in the area. Working closely with patients makes it fun. Management at the clinic I was at was uncoordinated. The hours and expansive job duties are horrific, often 14 hour days/5 days a week- despite what being told when I accepted the job. Supervision of several technicians while watching and being responsible for 20 plus patients at a time, passing medications, coordinating with providers and making appointments is a bit scary- everyday could be the last for your license as many of the technicians are unexperienced/undertrained. There is 6 weeks PTO available each year to start, however, it is very difficult to get any time off to use it.
great place to work
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXAugust 11, 2017
typical day consist of a good morning to teammates. then its off setting up for patients upon arrival. I learned how to prepare for the next shift as well for other teammates who be working in my area. Management helps guide teammates in the right direction in order for teammates to preform at their best. Work place culture is friendly and relax. the hardest part is when break is up. The most enjoyable part is knowing that you helping other to improve their quality of life.
Pros
always learing new ways to improve patient care
Cons
to short of breaks
Great Place To Work
PAR (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAAugust 11, 2017
This is a great place to work. My Managers and Supervisors were very down to earth but also got the job done. The only con I would say is this particular location can be very clickish because there are a lot of family members and lifelong friends hired internally.
Fresenius is a good company
Medical Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNAugust 10, 2017
Fresenius is a good company to work for. They care about you it seems and allow for you to have a good work life balance. They also we're a lot more laid back as long as you did your job.
Pros
work/life balance
Cons
salary is a little lower than other companies
Good place to work with stable hours and decent pay.
CCHT (Current Employee) –  Gulfport, MSAugust 10, 2017
The company has disappointed in the advancement department. I have been with the company for over 7 years at entry level and have moved up as far as my education would allow. I went back to school and received my Bachelor's degree in healthcare administration and have applied for over 20 internal positions which I qualify for without feedback on any. I have proven my discipline and dedication on many levels yet my loyalty to this company has yet to pay off.
Great job
Production Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTAugust 10, 2017
Only reason i left was because of family, a boss that didnt listen (not all the bosses just one in particular) and a closer to home job opportunity. Insurance is amazing and the job overall is really nice. I personally really enjoyed the 11 years i was there
Nice place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Neenah, WIAugust 8, 2017
Typical day starts around 0500-5030, first patient comes in around 0545. Assess patient, address any issues related to dialysis, and give meds. Then do it all over again for 2nd group of patient.

Staff is good. Management is good. Patients are so-so, they can get a little annoying but tolerable. It isn't a back breaking job. Can get fast paced but then it can also become slow paced.

Overall, nice place to work at.
Pros
Work 4 days out of the week.
Cons
Too early

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fresenius Medical Care. Our community is ready to answer.

Fresenius Medical Care Reviews by Location