Fresenius Medical Care
1,173 reviews

Fresenius Medical Care Employee Reviews

Philadelphia
Dialysis Technician PCT (Former Employee), philadelphiaJune 29, 2015
Pros: attidues are good
Cons: long hours
pleasant place to work the patients and employees care about their work performance. Great team work clean and organized place to work
Job Work Life Balance was stressful, as my supervisor expected me to be connected to my laptop nearly 24/7, answering her emails at 11pm, weekends too
Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJune 29, 2015
Pros: Great folks on the deployment teams & in the office
Cons: Supervisor's unrealistic expectations
My co workers and deployment team were very friendly, professional and fabulous to work with! However, my supervisor had no life outside of this company, and expected everyone else to be working practically around the clock like she was.
They pay good money
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Franklin, VAJune 28, 2015
The education and training process is excellent. The hours aren't as long as Davita but you still have to be to work early. The pay is good.
Good work/life balance.
Clinical Operations Support Specialist - Soarian (Current Employee), Waltham, MAJune 28, 2015
Flexible work schedules and job security. Good benefits package and people are friendly. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to have a balance of work and home life.
Meaningful and life changing career
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Keauhou, HIJune 27, 2015
Pros: Offers paid training & always extra hours.
Cons: Unpaid meals, over worked workers, split days off, sometimes no days off, low moral, each man for himself mentality.
I worked at the Fresenius facility in Keauhou. Training consisted of sitting in a room listening to "education coordinators", powerpoints, and taking tests/quizzes. The facility was once a liberty dialysis. The education coordinators compared the policy and procedure of Liberty Dialysis to Fresenius, which made learning a bit difficult. On classroom days I always took initiative to make sure my co-worker and I were connected with the education coordinators. A lot of the questions on the quizzes were on the powerpoints and not in the text book given to us. A lot of the times if you did find an answer in your text book, it did not coincide with the power points. To be in this field/facility you have to take initiative in educating yourself on every part of the job , if not you won't understand anything. Sometimes the education coordinators were wrong or didn't know an answer to a question so they would refer you to the Fresenius policy and procedure to look up yourself. I had no past experience in this field. My preceptor wasn't the best but she tried. She did a lot of things against Fresenius policy and procedure, so when I got caught doing what she was doing, I got into trouble. I was taught to cannulate patients on a fake arm for maybe an hour. I actually made it past all the quizzes and tests. IF YOU DON'T PASS THE FINAL EXAM ON YOUR 2ND TRY YOU WILL GET FIRED! After 2 months of class and on the floor training I had my own pod. I still hadn't met some of the patients nor did I cannulate some of them. This facility seems to be always pressed for time. Needless to say, my 2nd – more... day on the floor I was left pretty much alone cannulating patients I never had before. With this job of course not everyone are happy rays of sunshine. Needless to say I left after my 2nd day on the floor. I kept telling my preceptors that I am not good with cannulation. They all said it comes with time, but try saying that to a patient with no patience that only like particular people to cannulate them. I understand perfectly... but hey sometimes no one else is around. I was told I would have patients that were easy to cannulate.... boy was that a lie. I also worked off the clock a lot. Oh, and a lot of the staff members dislikes the clinic manager, who pretty much sits behind her desk, inside her office with her door close, in a constant bad mood. – less
fast paced, growing business
AR clerk/HIPP Liaison (Former Employee), Metairie, LAJune 25, 2015
Pros: great benefits, well managed
fast paced, growing business, great work environment

Fresenius is a great place to work. My coworkers were knowledgeable and easy to get along with. The benefits are great. Fresenius genuinely cares about their patients and staff.
Wonderful place to work
Chronic Hemodialysis Staff Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Wichita, KSJune 24, 2015
They care about their employees and their patients. They provide great orientation for their new employees. Great working environment
Would recommend this facility!
Great place to learn, but no room for career advancement
Interventional Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee), Plantation, FLJune 24, 2015
Pros: Excellent place to learn
Cons: Horrible management
Management displays very poor communication skills. Team works very well together in providing excellent patient care, however there is always some form of ruckus or confusion going on either between the manager and the Doctor or the manager and the Doctor ganging up on the staff. No privacy between management and staff at all. Never should an employee hear from the mouth of a manager any issues another co-worker is having, be it professionally or personal but the code of trust seems to be none existent there.
good place to learn new tasks
WINDER OPERATOR (Former Employee), Ogden, UTJune 23, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
I like how every one works as a team. For example, one day I forgot to push the start button on the cutter machine and the lady who was training me helped me right away with out her yelling at me. Instead, she showed me how to fix it right away.
Productive fast paced environment.
Ward Clerk (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMJune 23, 2015
Pros: The clients and benifits
Cons: N/a
I have worked full time as a Ward Clerk. My job responsibilities consisted of clerical tasks that include keeping records of patients, answering the telephone filling and validation. I would contact hospitals, patients, visitors, doctors directing visitors to patients' rooms, and ordering supplies.
Very laidback work environment
Dialysis Tech/ PCT (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJune 21, 2015
Pros: Set schedule
Cons: Alot of tessting
Nice and helpful staff. nice set schedule and willing to really enjoy what you do if your interested in Dialysis. I really enjoy this though.
Great place and people to work with
IT Field System Support Administrator (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 21, 2015
Pros: Team work environment
Cons: work flo sometimes changes speed
The work day was good learned more of working out side of the office. Great team work environment and dealing with some non technical personal, but once you explained how it function the biggest smile on there face priceless.
Worse company ever
CCHT (Former Employee), ArizonaJune 20, 2015
Pros: Good pay
Cons: Co workers that are just down right mean to each other, long hours, no family life, drama
This company is all about making money, not patient care. Staff is seriously over worked. 16 hour days leaves no family time and management doesn't care. I know of marriages ending over this place. Co workers are competitive, mean and back stabbing. The drama is insane. High school for grown ups. Immature girls with low self worth that set out to make others look bad. If you try to stay out of the drama, you still get talked about, rumours spread. I can say working at this place resulted in the worst time of my life and my families lives. My kids are happy again. It took me almost 6 months before I could talk about the trauma I experienced working there without bursting into tears.
Revolving door of Staff, Poor Management, Hostile Work Environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Sellersville, PennsylvaniaJune 20, 2015
Pros: Every Sunday off, routine work, few surprises in patient care
Cons: Extremely poor and unprofessional leadership, poor training and employee retention, pay is marginal, staff treatment borders on workplace violence
This 20 chair (1 isolation) unit is a revolving door of staff with frightening attrition rate likely due to very poor clinical management with explosive temper that does not retain experienced nurses nor foster new talent. Preferential treatment and unprofessional rapport is rampant in this unit and regional management is unfazed. Three different corporate buyouts in less then six years make for a continuous exodus every two years. Patients are nice men and women who unfortunately have to spend their golden years in this unit. If you are an experienced dialysis nurse you know this is the type of unit to avoid and if you're a new grad looking to break into dialysis, this is not the unit to do so, poor training, scathing feedback, and lackluster pay will send the new RN running to DaVita (the competitor). If you are looking for a job you are likely trying to get away from a hostile work environment, don't jump into another one by applying to this unit. When a place offers "sign-on" bonuses, that should tell you how desperate they are for staff.
Health care industry serving man kind
Consultant - Financial Modeling / Database Mgmt. (Former Employee), Waltham, MAJune 18, 2015
Pros: Free Coffee and very cheap gym membership
Cons: 128 & winter street traffic
Health care industry serving mankind gives me the greatest satisfaction in my life. I very much like the structure of the company and their Operation Strategy
Great work place ,no complaints
Delivery driver (Former Employee), Maumelle, ARJune 18, 2015
Pros: Great benefits and pay, good people
Cons: None
As a driver got to meet actual patients and know you are making a difference in their lives. Wish I would not have quit. Want to go back to work for fresenius!
Very High Volumne
Patient Intake Coordinator (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 17, 2015
For Young energetic individual fresh out of college and need experience to build your resume this is for the moment Job for you.
Good company with room for advancement
Home Therapy Program Manager, RN (Current Employee), MaJune 17, 2015
Good company with great benefits and room for advancement. There are multiple facilities across North America. Excellent management and continuing education.
very high paced work environment
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), Aurora, COJune 17, 2015
12hr shifts, long days, great coworkers, great work environment, medical terminology learned as well as kidney disease and function. Patient interaction daily
Great atmoshire and a great place to work.
CCHT/ Biomedical Technician II (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COJune 16, 2015
Pros: Flixiable schedule at times
Cons: a short day can always turn into a very long day and it is hard to take time off
My typical day at work can vary from day to day. Being a Biomedical Technician you must be flexible. I make out a 2 week schedule to have somewhat of a structure to follow. In dialysis you just never know what you will get. One day I can be knee deep in water working on a pump and the next I can be sitting at my desk catching up on paper work. It comes with the job. I have to multitask at all times. Making sure the patients as well as my customers are safe and happy, and that the clinic stays in one piece.

1 2 3 4 5

About Fresenius Medical Care

Fresenius Medical Care North America (FMCNA) operates a network of more than 1,800 dialysis clinics located throughout the US. – Read more

Fresenius Medical Care Salaries