Fresenius Medical Care
1,085 reviews

Fresenius Medical Care United States Employee Reviews

really great company
Medicare Specialist (Current Employee), Carmel, IndianaApril 16, 2015
Cons: hard place to advance
This was a great company to work for, great co workers. Bonus was always a plus. We had a certain number of accounts to meet each day and weekly meetings with our seniors about how they could help us achieve them.
Well meaning treatment facility, good experience for healthcare, albeit fast-paced and occasionally dangerous.
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), BloomingtonApril 16, 2015
Pros: Satisfying job helping people in genuine need, lots of opportunities to learn or advance
Cons: Emotionally draining, Demand for hastiness while performing delicate sterile procedures
For this job I was responsible for patient care and completion of outpatient renal dialysis. I would take patients through the entire process from calling them from the waiting room, to administering, monitoring, and discontinuing the treatment. I learned a lot of about the anatomy and physiology of those suffering from renal failure as well as tactics, treatments, and procedures these people undergo in order to stay alive. I had to work as a team member with other technicians as well as physicians and nurses to ensure the very best treatment was given to these people.
One of the most difficult challenges of this job personally was witnessing the amount of suffering these people endure for a frankly lesser quality of life. The most enjoyable part of the job was when someone would get a transplant and didn't need the painful and draining treatment anymore. My co workers were all very experienced people who had to work very quickly to meet the demands and expectations of the patients and the company, they were all good-hearted people who wanted to help but were often very stressed and overworked due to the amount of patients our facility had and the serious nature of the job. I heard complaints about the management in regards to how often the management staff was present from co workers but was personally treated very well during my time here. Communication was always prompt and helpful and was focused on patient care and safety while always accommodating me with good sensitive professional communication.
Hemodialysis Technition
Hemodialysis Technician (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 16, 2015
I was promoted from Hemodialysis Administrative Assistant / Ward Clerk to Hemodialysis Technition. My duties as a technition was to Set up, cleanse, and begin patient's dialysis treatment which is a cleansing of the blood from the body, through the dialysis machine and back to th patient's body.
Excelent Dialysis Company
Enfermero de Hemodiálisis (Current Employee), PRApril 16, 2015
Cons: short breaks
I work at FMC PR South, and a typical day for me is bringing more life to this patients who fight day to day to stay alive and healthy. It feels like a family.
Great place to work with the opportunity for advancement and growth.
OHIO CERTIFIED DIALYSIS TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHApril 16, 2015
Fresenius is a great company to work for, they also offer tuition reimbursement which is awesome. Working for Fresenius has its rewards. The people are great and I enjoy working with the Doctors and patient care staff to help promote health awareness to the patients. I enjoy helping others and seeing my patients smile keeps me motivated. Dialysis can be challenging for most patients,so if I can help make their day brighter then I have done my job efficiently!
Very creative
Registered Nurse Case Manager (Current Employee), Franklin, TNApril 15, 2015
Cons: Sitting
Management is very supportive of advanced degrees, creativity, and skills.
The education is impeccable.
I have learned so much regarding dialysis, and also many different computer programs.
Extremely manual data processes
MDR Specialist (Current Employee), Waltham, MAApril 14, 2015
Pros: If you like the Boston area, you will be surrounded by it.
Cons: The unspoken rule is a 24/7 work day!
The work day is crazy and disorganized. Management can't even figure out how to work tele-meetings...... They are still working on getting a quality plan in place. Just had a huge growth spurt, and struggling to deal with it.
Good Benefits,Confusing place to work
Bio-Med Mechanical Tech. 1 (Former Employee), Fort Mill, SCApril 14, 2015
Pros: Great benefits
Cons: Really No real genuine relaxe time.Vacation or otherwise
Go in check your Ro water system for leaks and proper working conditions.check on staff,to see if they have any issues,work on breakdown machines or building ancillaries.Check on your other facilities,check work email.The hardest part of my job is getting management to understand all we have to do and the time it takes to do it.The most enjoyable part is sometimes my co-workers.Sometimes its the commute between clinics.
A job where you can grow and advance.
Mechanical Inspector / Quality Control (Current Employee), Concord, CAApril 13, 2015
Pros: N/A
Cons: N/A
Working here can be very changeling due to lack of resources and staff.
The culture and mind frame of all employees must change for this place thrive.
Very productive work place
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Centreville, MSApril 11, 2015
I enjoyed taking out extra time to accommodate some of the older patients that needed help with things such as scheduling their appointments or transportation.
Very professional
Hemodialysis Unit /Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Downers Grove, ILApril 10, 2015
Pros: Very proper in training
Cons: pateints are unstable so close monitoring is vital
This company paid me through nursing school. I worked 30 hrs and to maintain benefits, I had to put in 20. They covered a portion of my classes and trained me through their specialty.
Patient care services
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 10, 2015
Pros: job advacement
Cons: short breaks
wonderful company to work for patient care services to assure excellent dialysis care is meet in detail for each patients.
Great place for growth
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), michiganApril 9, 2015
Pros: The educational opportunities that the company provides
I have learned a lot of new and interesting things at Fresenius. The most enjoyable part of my job is when I have the opportunity to assist with formal presentations and reports, Staff interactions.
Love my job hate where I work
CCHT (Current Employee), Shelbyville, INApril 8, 2015
I've worked for the company for 2 years as a CCHT I love what I do but I hate where I work Management is horrible the ladies I work with and myself do so much for so little and we are always belittled!
Management needs to work on its communication and follow through.
Director of Operations / Area Manager (Former Employee), BostonApril 8, 2015
Management would change expectations and accountability often without notice.
Stated a culture of safety but worried more about the bottom line than patient or staff safety.
Difficult communication style from upper management which lead to dissatisfaction at all levels.
Small company mindset, poor IT management
Senior Lotus Notes Administrator (Current Employee), Lexington, MAApril 8, 2015
Not a good place to work. Mangement runs it like a small company with each manager owning their area, No one can out shine the manager or they are going to be attacked and pushed out.
No planning, don't listen to the Technical experts, different areas avg 200 percent turn over each year, most jobs are consultants that have high turn over and do not have the companies best interest in mind. Moving everything to the cloud and eliminating permant jobs.
Work force
PATIENT CARE TECHNICIAN DIALYSIS (Former Employee), Jonesboro, GAApril 8, 2015
Pros: Everything else was fine
Cons: Long hours
I really enjoyed my job and working with the patients was a very great experience for me. I also enjoyed working with my co-worker who were a lot of help for me when I started working there.
hard work
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), Memphis, TNApril 7, 2015
Have to work six days a week at time. Small groups to work with. A lot of lifting, standing and walking. A lot of long days. Nice patient.
Patient Care Technician
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), New Castle, INApril 7, 2015
I have worked for this company for a total of 15 years. Along with a few other Dialysis companies. It is a great job if you love to work and help people.
Educational
Care technician (Former Employee), Jackson, TNApril 6, 2015
I worked the clients who were on dialysis.
I set up and ran dialysis machines, accessed patient ports via vena puncture.
This dialysis clinic did on the job training.

1 2 3 4 5

About Fresenius Medical Care

Fresenius Medical Care North America (FMCNA) operates a network of more than 1,800 dialysis clinics located throughout the US. – Read more

Fresenius Medical Care Salaries