Fresenius Medical Care Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,448 reviews matching the search
Opportunity to advance in Hemodialysis
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MI 49007July 24, 2016
I began my employment with Fresenius 10 years ago as a patient care technician. They have paved the way for me to finish my education to become a Registered Nurse.

A typical day at work is to treat chronic and acute dialysis patients, maintain the schedule for multiple shifts of patients, and delegating responsibilities to the talented patient care technicians working on my team.

The hardest part of my job is that is all I've known for 10 years and I feel stagnant, I have long term goal to become a nurse instructor. I need experience in all fields of nursing and not just Hemodialysis. I love to learn new things and I love to teach.

The most enjoyable part of my job is getting the call that one of my patients has received a Kidney transplant. It's the best feeling in the world.
Pros
Tuition reimbursment
Cons
When patients die or give up and stop dialysis.
Enjoyable work place
Patient Account Representative - Medicare (Current Employee) –  New Bedford, MAJuly 20, 2016
I've enjoyed working here and have also enjoyed working with such intelligent people. Busy, fast-paced and rewarding.
Same as the last one
Legal Systems Manager and Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAJuly 20, 2016
Please see last submission. Fresenius as a whole was a good place to work. The department I worked in needs improvement. The hours were inflexible. Management needs improvement. The end.
Fresenius is an innovative dialysis company that allows for career development.
Acute Dispatch Supervisor (Former Employee) –  East Providence, RIJuly 17, 2016
I loved working at Fresenius. They gave their employees a chance to further their careers by providing school tuition assistance and when openings became available they mostly promoted from within.

The corporate culture allowed me to advance within the company. I started as a temporary receptionist and they offered me the opportunity to work at different roles within the company for the 27 years I was employed with them.

I was instrumental in forming and developing a new concept of centralizing the admission process for the entire company.
Pros
Promote from within.
Cons
As a 27 year veteran, I was laid off due to corporate restructuring.
Enjoyed this job.
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARJuly 12, 2016
Clock in very early at 5:30 am. Ten to twelve hour shifts 3 to 4 days per week. Management was mostly absent from the floor and disappointing as their integrity was not present. The clinical manager was secretly dating a patient I learned toward the end of my time there and her manager was fired for embezzlement of the company. My co workers were hard working and enjoyable to work with. The hardest part of the job was the physical requirements of carrying multiple 2.5 gallon jugs of solution and bending over multiple low fixed height chairs to do catheter care. The most enjoyable part of the job was the relationships formed with the patients.
Great Benefits
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 12, 2016
Flexible, nice co workers, great benefits, paid time off, job stability,
good education. can relocate anywhere.Could use more training for the job. and some better management.
Promotion opportunities
Senior Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAJuly 11, 2016
Waste of resources between sites and departments globally, lack of communication between sites. No team work within my group.
Great place to work for
Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician (CCHT) (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 10, 2016
Fresenius Medical Care (FMC) is great company to work for. FMC is focusing in providing heath care to patients with chronic kidney failure.
not acute
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 9, 2016
would not recommend managers play favoritism and the company seems more interested in making money rather than their staff and patients
hiring processes
Quality Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kaysville, UTJuly 9, 2016
regardless of whether you were a previous employee of this company or not at a different facility that was relocated they will not offer you a job no matter how good of an employee you were or not. They could care less that you become unemployed or not. They do not care how much money they loose cause of lack of training as long as they have the tax write off. They let good product sit in the sidelines cause they have no clue of how to produce the product cause they did not take the time to learn it.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
dont care about their employees that are blue collar
Amazing Company/Poor Local Management
Billing Group Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJuly 8, 2016
I loved working for Fresenius Medical Care. The company has a great culture, amazing innovative work processes and great compensation/benefits. Unfortunately the local management talent came from a shallow pool.
Pros
Compensation, Training
Cons
Poor Management, Slow to Standardize Procedures
Horrible place to work
Pct (Former Employee) –  Blue Island, ILJuly 8, 2016
I worked here 3 months ,the training at Merrionette park was great but when I got to the clinical portion of training it was a nightmare!!! The clinical mgr. was on maternity leave in which who is who hired me ,crystal was awesome! Her stand in was horrible she was not a leader instead she made excuses for the bad pt. techs. That were suppose to be trainers... That we're always getting customer complaints. The training techs. We're very unprofessional and using unsafe and unethical practices. For one my trainer passed a blood clot back to a pt. during returning blood because she stated the pt. was a nagger...they mixed bleach disinfectant without measuring..they wore headphones listening to music,so when I arrived at 4 am I would have to stand outside until I was late and they decided to pay attention to the new workers without keys to get let in...but the worst thing was them flipping needles in pt. access and when I asked about the unsafe practice, I was told what I learn in the books is not what they do on the clinical floor. Never mind I got a 93 in class training.. I quit two days after passing my training course! The only thing good was the benefits...but money isn't everything when your serious about your career and treating people well. Poor location for sure !!
Benefits
Cons
Unsafe and unethical practices
Good pay and benefits. Unreasonable work hours. Poor management
Inpatient RN (Current Employee) –  KentuckyJuly 8, 2016
If you want a job that pays good but has terrible unpredictable hours, this job is for you. One never knows if their day will be 10 hrs, 12, hrs or as much as 24+ hrs. Dr's order unnecessary treatments at the end of the day and call you in during the night for treatments that could wait until morning. It is not unusual to put in 30+ hrs of OT a week. There are no breaks, rarely get lunch and someone breathing down your neck wanting you to go faster. Management is horrible and getting worse all the time. If you apply for open positions in the company, don't count on getting an interview because of politics or some higher up moving their buddy into the position. This company is not about patient care, the bottom line is dollars!
Pros
Good pay, PTO, Benefits
Cons
Terrible Working Conditions. No home life. Poor management
Open Door Culture
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAJuly 7, 2016
Pros: Management provided a good work/life balance. It was fairly easy to communicate with higher up on any issue.

Cons: Mundane job task that became repetitive. Not enough work to keep you busy all week.
Demanding work with rewarding benefits
Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 6, 2016
Great work, not paid as well as other positions with competition. Very demanding work with minimal executive involvement.
Good place to work.
Staff RN/Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXJuly 6, 2016
They do not pay much. They are a good training company but most people leave for more benefits.

The hardest part at some clinics is when the Techs expect the RN to help them, which adds more to the nurses load.

Change over time is quite hectic if patients were put on at the same time on a particular bay not following their appointment times.
Pros
401K matching. Fair workload to their nurses. Excellent nurse to pt ratio.
Cons
short breaks. Benefits not so good. They work their nurses as Techs a lot at some places.
Management and Some of the staff were not great at all.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCJuly 6, 2016
I worked for this company for a couple of months and decided to walk. The supervisor was horrible, she did everything the mean nurse told her to do. No back bone at all, they treated me great at first until I was working for them then the true colors showed. The nurse mad statements to the Caucasians patients like did you get treated like a second class citizen by her, and when it was told to the supervisor she just blew it off. After I spoke up to the nurse who by the way everyone just about left the company because of her and the supervisor knows it, the treatment got worse so I decided to walk without further notice.
Pros
good pay
Cons
horrible supervisory efforts.
Under paid, to long of hours, not appreciated
Ccht (Current Employee) –  Crossville, TNJuly 6, 2016
This place is a horrible place to work for they don't appreciate none of the employees at all. You work 12 to 14 hours a day and it's really sad when the patients complain that we are working to much. They also don't staff enough so you are working two jobs constantly it's ridiculous
Pros
Cons
Short staff not enough pay
Helping People with their Kidney Disease
CCHT/Unit Sec. (Current Employee) –  Apopka, FLJuly 6, 2016
have worked here for 22 years, I think that says something about the company. Great benefits. Knowing your helping people is a plus.
Pros
helping people
Cons
big turn over on staff
Excellent Company
QA Analyst (Performance/ Automation) (Former Employee) –  Lexington, MAJuly 5, 2016
I sincerely enjoyed working with business intelligence, HR, clinical as well as financial services departments and helping them automate various web based tests.
Pros
Supportive Teams
Cons
Not much advancement opportunities

Fresenius Medical Care Reviews by Location