Fresenius Medical Care Employee Reviews

Found 1,502 reviews matching the search
A good place to work
Registered Nurse, Staff (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 27, 2016
Very fast paced environment. Patient care is very good. Staff works well together. Management is supportive.Pay, pto and benefits package is very competitive.
Pros
PTO IS GREAT
Great place to learn, but coworkers are unprofessional
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 23, 2016
Team work means everything in this line of work. It may be overwhelming if you do not have a good team. You will learn a lot and stay busy. Training was 10 weeks long and I learned a lot. I loved my nurse educators. My preceptor did not like precepting, so it made it a little uneasy on some days. My coworkers were some of the fakest people I have ever met in my life with the exception of a couple. They sit around a talk about the new hires and laugh at their expense.
Pros
helping sick people and learning new skills
Cons
coworkers were unprofessional way too often
Good people to work with, room for advancement in the right dept.
Associate Benefits Analyst (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MASeptember 21, 2016
I enjoy working at Fresenius Medical Care. I have learned an extensive amount of HRMS, policies within HR.
I enjoy working with my coworkers, they are great people.
The hardest part of my job is there is so much work and not enough people to get it done.
Pros
Coworkers, learning potential and advancement
Cons
Located in a very congested area resulting in an extremely timely commute
Great company to work for
Bio-Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 20, 2016
Excellent company to work for. Everything about Fresenius is great. A company that actually cares about their employees. Wonderful management and service.
The ultimate dichotomy
Quality Systems Lab Tech. II (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 19, 2016
A strong company, advancement opportunities, and real potential to be an overall great workplace. Unfortunately while everyone here understands that the culture and practices need to change it is a constant struggle between some amazing people working hard to pull this company forward and the remnants of an old regime who recognize the faults and would rather keep them than make the effort to improve.
Pros
competitive pay, plenty of overtime opportunities, good benefits
Cons
high turnover rate, poor training systems, inconsistent schedule
Avoid this clinic!!!!!
RN (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe, NMSeptember 18, 2016
I came here with experience. Just needed more time with the T machines because they were new to me. I told the clinical manager that up front. She gave me one day orientation as an RN. Of course it was a nightmare when I was expected to be on my own on day two. Very unfair to the other RN working with me because she had to help me so much. The techs were also helpful but this is a busy clinic with 10-12 hr shifts. The manager thinks nothing of adding a shift to your schedule without asking first. Bottom line I lasted 3 weeks and it wasn,t until she knew I wanted to leave that she offered more training on the floor. The good news is that Fresenius is looking to open another clinic in Santa Fe,NM and when I had my exit interview, someone from HR followed up with me. The company is a good one and retention is important to them. So if you are interested in dialysis keep your eyes open. Unfortunately right now this clinic is the only game in town and while this c linical manager is there you will NOT get what you need because she does NOT listen. She wanted a body on the floor. Her priority was filling the holes. There was one traveler and two float RN,s including the regular staff.
Pros
Classroom training, especially if you are new to dialysis.
Cons
Management.
caregiving
Dialysis Technician/ ward clerk (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DESeptember 18, 2016
Everyday working at Fresenius medical care is awarding experience. Because I am helping someone another day to enjoy their family.However, it is not an easy task to get attach to a person and they either go into the hospital or died due to compilcations due to dialysis.But Fresenius acknowledge and reward the patients on Birthday, Christmas ,staying on the machine the entire prescribe time.Being a staff member we encourage and educate the patient the importance of coming and staying on dialysis is for their best interest and for them to enjoy their family members.
Pros
saving someone life and kidney transplant
Cons
when the patient pass away
Steady, but not overwhelming
Help Desk Support (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 17, 2016
I can only comment on the Helpdesk environment from the view of a contractor. Beyond that I have no experience.

The Helpdesk isn't a bad thing here if you like that kind of thing. The work is steady, but overwhelmingly so. If you need help, there are plenty of willing people around and available to you to get the assistance you need. If something personal comes up, they do whatever they can to help you and still enable you to get some work time in to minimize the loss of income.

The manager and lead is great and supportive. Not a bad place to work.

The only reason I rated Compensation/Benefits and Job Security/Advancement lower than the rest is purely based on feedback I got from others and a little personal experience.
Pros
Birthday Wednesday!! 2nd Wed of month is pizza and cake/ice cream day. Love it!!
Cons
Sitting for hours with minimal movement.
Run away from this job
Employee Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNSeptember 17, 2016
Do not apply here at the franklin, tennessee location. They fired 95% african americans, they will take a warrant out on you through the police department, the human resource director will harass you 9n the phone, the call center director stated that fresenius have too many blacks as managers. She even listens to your personal phone calls . Legal actions is being taken against this company. Employees will try to destroy you if you are not liked by them. Do not apply here. This company intentionally took warrants out on 3 black employees. Be aware of the human resource director and call center director. Be aware!
Pros
NOTHING
Cons
EVERYTHING
Job/work/life balance is nonexistant
Financial Coordinator (Current Employee) –  KentuckySeptember 16, 2016
I truly enjoy what I do for this company and I love the patients but the management needs work. I wish there was more support for the employees. It can be very negative at times and this usually causes bad results. They are not very interested in the employee if any at all.
Pros
Patients
Cons
work load
Take the term “customer service” to heart
Field System Support II (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 16, 2016
Typical day at work: Diagnose and resolve unique, nonrecurring problems associated with application software/hardware and operating systems; determine the source of problems and classify their level, priority and nature. Being proactive in anticipating and resolving problems.
My co-workers are the best. I can ask questions, and they are willing to help without giving it a second thought. They're there for me when ever I need them.
The hardest part of the job for me at first was explaining technical terms to nontechnical people. The other part is trying to balance what I learned in certs with real world scenarios, and overall just continuing the learning process.
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with people from different ethnic groups
Pros
Working with people from different ethnic groups is fun and enjoyable part of my job
Cons
Travelling can get tiresome at times
not allowed any extra hours
Dialysis Technician/Phlebotomy (Former Employee) –  Franklin, INSeptember 15, 2016
It was a fun place to work despite the hour situation, they also promise insurance and then when it is time to sign up they wouldn't allow you to. they are constantly cutting your hours as well
Pros
fun place
Cons
not enough hours
Review
Financial Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Lexington, MASeptember 15, 2016
Daily: Assist with financial planning, analysis, reporting and processes to include monthly closes, budgets and forecasts for Information Technology Group departments for both expense and capital related items.

Good co-workers, management turnover makes me train different people over and over which isn't great. Good dynamic being able to work with many different groups. Always know what is going on in the health care business and I have an in-dept view of what is needed to run the business.
Pros
Good work/life balance, good co-workers
Cons
Turnover in Management
A very outgoing young women loves to be a team player.
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  VirginiaSeptember 14, 2016
Get there very early to start patients treatment. Enter act with your patients asks how they are doing. Ensure that treatments goes well let them know that your are there to help become better with there dialysis treatment. Show them ways to help with there access cleaning and eating habits.
Fantastic
Project Technician (Former Employee) –  Mid AtlanticSeptember 14, 2016
Great company, very caring people. The management team that I worked with honestly listened and was super helpful. I worked there as a project Field technician and traveled to 13 states for this company.
Nice work-life balance
Patient Account Analyst (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 12, 2016
Good and growing company, with good benefits and friendly environment. Pretty competitive benefits, engaging social activities, challenging and interesting work.
Very good position
Hemodialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Pittsburg, CASeptember 10, 2016
Able to train technicians and R.N.s. Help open multiple units in the East Bay. Traveled to care for brother with cancer and still work full-time. And just plain enjoy the patient-staff interaction.
Ideal Core Values
Quality Control Documentation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Concord, CASeptember 10, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job is providing quality service to patients and customers.

The employer is centrally located with job opportunities all over the United States.
Great company to work for.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Inverness, FL -Nashville, TnSeptember 9, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job was taking care of the patients, in the dialysis setting you can motivate , encourage and educate your patients because you see them on a consistent basis.
Pros
off on sundays
Never a boring day, very fast paced.
CC Hemodialysis Technician and Preceptor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 9, 2016
Working with the patients and staff is the best part. Knowing you get to help keep the patients alive for another day is rewarding and helps you appreciate life. Work load is high compared to compensation. Be ok with excepting death.
Pros
Health Benefits, Friendly Staff.
Cons
Long hours, stressful environment.

Fresenius Medical Care Reviews by Location