Fresenius Medical Care Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,398 reviews matching the search
Decent work place
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Kennewick, WAMay 28, 2016
This work place is like most any other work place. Who you work with or for makes all the difference. The shifts are 10-12 hours. Management are typically "company" people.
good place to work
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 27, 2016
good place to work this this company. but new management unable to provide more staff to facilitate patient needs. coworker are excellent to work with. this company is very rewarding job you be able to advanced more into your job.
Horrible company
HPSM (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 27, 2016
This company is very shady. I was unjustly terminated, which was a blessing. However this company owes me for reimbursement and a weeks worth of pay that I have not seen in over 2 months. My manager JC is a complete unprofessional P..... right along with his counter part DP. Sadly there are people out there that represent companies like this. For anyone reading this I am not disgruntled at all....its just principle Stay away as this company is a total waste of your time. In addition, send friends, family, acquaintances, etc. to Davita Dialysis.
Fun and helpful enviroment
CCHT (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMay 26, 2016
I bathed and dressed patients, helped them with their everyday needs. I also assisted in feeding patients that could not feed themselves. I enjoyed working for this company it was really friendly and had good health benefits.
Pros
Helping people, good vacation time and good work hours
Cons
pay rates
Always exciting
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALMay 24, 2016
, fast paced emergency situations happen regularly, A LOT of Blood, learned how to prioritize importance of task and accurately develop a skill for Kidney related issues.
Pros
Getting to know and love your patience
Cons
Short Breaks long hours
hard work
Charge Nurse-outpatient chronic hemodialysis (Current Employee) –  mississippiMay 24, 2016
hard work with demanding patients and poor communication and support from management
there is little accurate communication among higher supervisors and clinical staff
high staff turnover and unrealistic staff expectations
Great Learning Experience
Clinic Secretary (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSMay 22, 2016
I learned a lot & enjoyed meeting new people. I enjoyed providing customer service. I learned a lot about the medical field. I had a great relationship with my coworkers. The manager was dedicated & extremely knowledgeable.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Collections Specialist
Billing & Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, OHMay 21, 2016
I learned a lot here. Typical day is opening a spread sheet to work all patient accounts. Figure out what claims need worked due to a discrepancy vs what claims are clean claims & will pay fine. Work any errors, call insurance companies and figure out what the claim needs to be fixed so it will pay.
Pros
Management, Staff & Job duties were Great
Cons
Nothing I loved working here
A Challenge
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  FloridaMay 20, 2016
Not satisfied with seasoned staff. They're mean and unprofessional toward new staff. Management has difficulty keeping them in check. Seasoned staff unwilling to listen to new ideas. Seasoned staff run new staff off intentionally through meanness, pettinesss, and being unkind. Seasoned staff create hostile work environment. Bullying and intimidation is part of tactics.
Pros
Wonderful challenging work. Not all clinics/people bad. Patients wonderful.
Cons
Poor attitude with seasoned staff
Overall a very competitive company.
Education Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Port Royal, SCMay 18, 2016
Fresenius is a diverse company with multiple avenues for advancement. Allows for interaction and networking. Develops, educated and stimulates critical thinking.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Management doesn't appreciate is staff and salaries are not always competitive.
Productive / Fast pace.
Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 17, 2016
Multitasking made my hours fly. The pay is good. Enviroment is clean and organize. A lot of teamwork when finishing up your day.
Pros
Good recognition of your work
Excellent place to work.
Ultracare RN 11, Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Meridian, MS 39301May 17, 2016
Fresenius medical care is a professional organization that strives to provide the best services possible for their dialysis patients and staff. This company excels in providing the best health care experience for their staff and patient.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
Having to be at work at 5am
Horrible management
Production/Forklift driver. (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTMay 14, 2016
Worked here for 4 years before I finally got out. Management was the worst I've ever had to deal with. Lots of politics going on in this place. Best bet is to not even try because eventually they'll get sick of giving you benefits and let you go anyways.
Dialysis Medical Center
Dialysis Technician (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 12, 2016
Assist many patients needs, set up tear down and connect patients for treatment, kind and friendly atmosphere most days
Exhausting
RN (Former Employee) –  Youngstown-Warren ARS, OHMay 12, 2016
This review is for the "Acute" program which covers Dialysis treatments in the hospital setting. There are several hospitals that are serviced. Most of the hospitals expect Dialysis to happen in an old patient room - space is tight, machines need connected to water outlets which either leak, or do not provide adequate water pressure at times. Very long, tiring shifts. Numerous patients needing treatments in both ICU and non-ICU setting, always late treatments added on that are impossible to get covered so you end up working 15-16 hrs, sometime more! Requires you to be on call overnight regularly - kidney doctors inconsiderate at times of holding a late add-on treatment that really could wait til next day. If you are covering call on a Sunday (do not normally schedule treatments on Sunday), undoubtedly, you will be out all day, at times covering non-emergent treatments. Some treatments in ICU can be 6-12 hrs for one treatment! Many delays incorporated into your day d/t patients having tests or procedures or transport setting you back an hour or more. Revolving door of non-compliant patients who choose to not go to their outpatient scheduled treatments and end up in Emergency then admitted which adds to the already long list of daily treatments. If your ideal job is staying at work with no definite quitting time, this is your job. Remember to pack yourself plenty of nourishment - you won't be seeing home any time soon!
Let down
Patient Care Tech (Former Employee) –  Homestead, FLMay 11, 2016
I have no words to describe how much this company has changed, It just to be the BEST dialysis company out there but they are going down hill, EVERYTHING its getting bad inside this company, what a shame.
Pros
NOTHING
Cons
Short Breaks, Poor Management
great work place
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXMay 11, 2016
my day started at 4am ending sometimes at 8:30pm. breaks were very short and would be getting told we needed to be on time with returning to work. our day was sometimes 13-14HR shifts with 30 minute breaks. co-workers were great, as long as you were friends with them. I LOVE MY JOB!
Very fast paced
Registered Nurse - Team Leader/Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Sumter, SCMay 10, 2016
Love the patients. Often short staffed. Work with a wonderful group of co-workers. Easy to get burned out due to staffing issues. Sometimes patients feel more like a number than an individual due to staffing. I have increased in knowledge CKD. I am motivated to share knowledge about what causes CKD with the surrounding community.
Productive fast paced but safe environment.
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 10, 2016
A typical day at work in Dialysis involves safety measures.
First, check and test patient treating water to make sure it is safe to rinse and have a safe functioning Dialysis machine ready for the patients. Detailed orientated is a must for this.

I learned a lot in my experience in Dialysis, from the role of a PCT to interacting with people who are sick but have hope in life. And that is a beautiful thing to be involved in; helping others.
Pros
Health Care benefits.
Very professional and compassionate place to work.
Registered Nurse (Nocturnal Charge Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 10, 2016
Our typical day at work started with the complete assessment of every patient, we closed follow the labs and the evolution of each patient, we support that with continue rounds and monitoring. We are learning every day from our very capable staff and physicians. We perform our duties in a team work with nephrologists, charge nurse and manager with our one goal in mind, take care and offer our patient quality of life in this stage of the disease.