Fresenius Medical Care

Fresenius Medical Care Employer Reviews

Used to be a great place to work.
Production Quality Specialist (Current Employee), Ogden, UTDecember 15, 2014
Pros: great insurance
Cons: negative work environment
A typical day begins at 5am before the 5:30 production team shows up. Touch base with the previous shift concerning constraints, materials issues, ect... Prepare for the next batch of product by assembling batch production records, checking bill of materials and ordering raw materials, labels, and insert sheets. Perform line clear of previous batch – more... as it hits each section. Gather completed batch records and once the end of the batch reaches packaging, review and close out batch records. Start the whole process over again and deal with issues as they arise.
Management is under a great deal of pressure to reduce costs and the easiest way for them is to stretch personnel thin, reduce perks, and benefits.
I have worked with a great deal of my coworkers for a decade or more.
The hardest part of the job is to perform what was once two full time postions and still provide quality.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when it's time to go home. Especially when it is time to go home for the weekend. – less
They Absolutely Do Not Value Their Employees or Patients
Renal Social Worker (Former Employee), OhioDecember 14, 2014
Pros: free scrubs; wonderful pts; some really nice co-workers
Cons: unrealistic pay for hours worked; inept managers; constant program change; focus is profit, not people
I had worked for them before and I should have known better than to return. They are all about the money and getting as much labor as they can out of employees without fair compensation. HR is a joke and exists only to CYA for corporate. New employees are tossed out on the floor without even as much as an introduction to other staff. The social work – more... role is supposedly valued, but my experience was that MSWs were put to monitoring patient's attendance and then were to "work with them" to insure their adherence to diet and to the dialysis schedule. The goal was to get their bodies in that seat for profit. MSW hours are set by number of patients on a unit and the ratio of pts to MSWs was unrealistic with all the administrative and psychosocial tasks that they expected be done. I had around 55 pts and was only given 16 hours on a punch clock with no benefits at all. They are constantly "rolling out" new ways of doing things and never ask employees what they think or suggest. Nurses, techs, everyone goes without a word of thanks, except from the patients. They were the only reason I stayed as long as I did. It is a revolving door of staff and one of the most dysfunctional places I've worked. Avoid. – less
Run away from any job offer
RN (Former Employee), MichiganDecember 14, 2014
Pros: Holidays off
Education opportunities
Training opportunities

Cons: Low pay
High stress
No support
Unsafe working conditions
Management up to the corporate level is horrible
Stressful fast paced work environment.
RN, BSN Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INDecember 11, 2014
A typical work day starts very early and ends late. After training, staff should expect to work 14-16 hrs a day. Most co-workers were friendly once you got to know them. Patients were friendly once the got to know you at the clinic I worked in. Management wasn't very supportive unless you were a brown nose. The work itself is not hard it's just so fast – more... paced. Most units are chronically short staffed which increases the stress for everyone. Management also does many shady if not down right illegal things. Future employees beware. – less
has serious issues at the management levels
Fresenius Medical Care Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Concord, CADecember 9, 2014
high pressure low pay no support as a supervisor as a regular team member it was ok
Enjoyed working with the patients there.
Dialysis Technician (Former Employee), Rock Hill, SCDecember 8, 2014
My day begin at 3:00 a.m. so that I can start my shift at 4:00 a.m. which typically lasted until at 3:00 pm. I learned a lot there where I got my certification as a Hemodialysis Technician. The hardest part of the job was the long hours and the most enjoyable part of the job was the relationship I established with my patients.
just enough to get by
social worker (Former Employee), Carbondale, ILDecember 8, 2014
This company makes millions, but on the backs of the workers who are very dedicated. The made 7 billion last year and ccht's make about 13 dollars an hour. They work harder than anyone else in the company.
Dialysis Unit
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Township of Galloway, NJDecember 5, 2014
Pros: flexible scheduling
Cons: pay scale not compareable with other companies
• Daily office functions, including filing, copying, and responding to incoming calls.
• Purchase and inventory medication for the unit.
• Purchase supplies for the daily operations of the dialysis unit.
• Perform payroll and personnel administrative functions, such as personnel records.
• Run weekly and monthly reports.
• Create new patient charts – more... and audit current patient charts.
• .Patient scheduling including; treatments, vascular access appointments, blood work, transportation, travel and any other appointments as needed.
• Assist with accounts receivable and accounts payable functions and responsibilities
• Develop Patient Education
• Work hand in hand with human resources
• Weekly and monthly schedules for staff
• Keep track of patients medications/schedules/appointments – less
This company offers great entry level positions.
Insurance Specialist (Current Employee), Nashville, TNDecember 3, 2014
This company's typical work day can be described as any normal call center work day.
I loved my job, but learned that job security is rare
Receptionist (Current Employee), OhioDecember 2, 2014
Pros: flexible, great management, wonderful coworkers, great benefits
Cons: workforce reduction
I absolutely loved my job, and all the people I worked with. I was able to implement my college education, as well as, expand my knowledge through new responsibilities and learning experiences each day. My only disappointment was losing the job I loved going to everyday due to workforce reduction.
Bad Experience
Insurance Specialist (Current Employee), Franklin, TNDecember 2, 2014
Pros: off on holidays and weekends
Cons: no growth, location and low pay
Do not work for this company, find another job doing insurance somewhere else
Great Company!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), El Paso, TXDecember 1, 2014
Pros: excellant vacation time off
Cons: expensive healthcare
Typical day was very busy. My supervisor taught me more than just job skills and training. Fellow admin personnel were extremely dependable and knowledgable. There was not a difficult part of this job. Most frutiful experience was being taught the business aspect of a medical facility.
Short term contract position
Post Market Clinical Specialist (Former Employee), Waltham, MADecember 1, 2014
Pros: headquaters is in a beautiful location, ideal perks such as sports center with pool
Cons: n/a
Short term contract position.
Lots of work both in back logs and day to day activities.
Must be able to multitask, prioritize and work under pressure.
Great people to work with.
Registered Vascular Technologist PRN (Current Employee), Houston, TXNovember 25, 2014
Pros: good people to work with.
Cons: im prn so sometimes nor enough work.
Nice place to work. Good people to work with. Good management. Sometimes stressful but all places are. Sometimes cases take longer than expected. Alot of standing time in the procedure room. Great team to work with! Doctors are very nice and do great work. Great nurses. Clinic likes cross training between areas.
Great Place to Work
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 24, 2014
Cons: my department is being shut down
Great work atmosphere
Laidback
Wonderful Management
co-workers are wonderful
you get to set your own schedule
I have learnded so much with this company
fresenius
Patient Services Coordinator and Team lead (Current Employee), Nashville, TNNovember 20, 2014
Pros: great co- workers
Cons: we have to use our own paid time off time for major holidays
mail order pharmacy for dialysis patients we process refill order forms being faxed or emailed to us
busy and stable
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), South Haven, MINovember 20, 2014
I learned the in and outs of dialysis, great patients and awesome staff. Miss working with the patients, the hardest part was transferring so i could be closer to home. the policy are very clear and precise
I worked here for 10 years. Pay increased 4 $ during that time. Management has no reguard for pt. ALL about $$. HORRIBLE PLACE. SO sorry for pt's.
pct/ ward clerk (Former Employee), Carbondale, ILNovember 19, 2014
Horrible place to work. They don't pay well. Its all about getting the pt in and out to make the company more money.
Competitive workplace
Certified Dialysis Technician / Patient Care (Current Employee), Little Rock, ARNovember 19, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: continual change in managment
The most enjoyable part of my job is the impact I can have on others that are possibly in the hardest situations mentally,physically,and emotionally of their lives. Being a positive influence and emotionally supportive during these times is the most fulfilling part of my job. We begin each day very early and work long hours,but at the end of each day – more... it is rewarding to be a part of having an impact on someone else's life however small of large the impact may be. The hardest part of my job is at times the passing of our patients ,as they become like a part of our family. I have learned that each day brings learning and new and better ways to improve in all we strive to become. – less
Stressful
poor working environment
no on was happy

1 2 3 4 5

About Fresenius Medical Care

Fresenius Medical Care North America (FMCNA) operates a network of more than 1,800 dialysis clinics located throughout the US. – Read more

Fresenius Medical Care Photos