Fresenius Medical Care
1,022 reviews

Fresenius Medical Care Employer Reviews

great company to work for just need to clean house
QS Process Analyst (Former Employee), Irving, TXMarch 1, 2015
Pros: great pay, good work life balance
Cons: snake management, short lunches
I really enjoyed working for this company, however there isn't much room for advancement and the management sucks. Its like they are all in the rat race stepping on one another's toes to get to the top instead of staying in their own lane and doing their own job.
Renal Social Worker (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 1, 2015
Pros: good starting wages and benefits
Cons: difficult to move up in the company.
This company has good starting wages and benefits. Training and safety are stressed and mandatory. I found that the management was supportive. What I found was it was difficult to move up in the company.
Coordinates daily operation for acute dialysis
Acute coordinator (Current Employee), Springfield, MOFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: autonomy
Cons: distance of managed facilities
I must be certain of the patient census and staffing issues. I must complete audits and am chairperson for all 4 programs QAI projects.
I work with the hospitals to establish relationships and customer satisfaction. I have to travel excess of 400 miles at times to manage my programs. I conduct Governing Body meetings and coordinate with the various Medical Directors to make certain te operations run smoothly. I must make certain all facilities are JACHO ready.The most difficult part of my job is managing from long distances at times.
Accounts Receivables (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: management
Management caused employee morale to hit bottom with their lack of leadership. Increased stress by adding unnecessary steps to employees work loads to try and make their self look creative to the upper management. This only made employees audits look bad and productivity decreased.
Followed Company Policy and Procedures
Commercial Collection Supervisor (Current Employee), Richardson, TXFebruary 25, 2015
Followed all company policy and procedures to ensure proper rules were being followed. Provided weekly follow up on accounts to Sr Management.
hard work
Staff Nurse Hemodialysis (Former Employee), Roswell, NMFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: good pay, career advancement, continuing ed
Cons: long hours, short staffing, poor managment
LONG hours, promises 12 hour shifts but is more like 14+ some days. minimal nursing staff. very good pay
Very good techs. Advancement opportunities.
unhealthy work environment for RN's
Acute Dialysis Registered Nurse, Charge Nurse (Former Employee), Miami, FLFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: some authonomy
Cons: bad schedule, bad management, discrimantion, favoritism, unhealthy work environment
bad management, favoritism, unsafe environment promoted by the clinical nurse manager to save money, multiple lies about workload, patient nurse ratio, bad distribution of assignments
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Inglewood CaFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks poor management
Poor management since I got promoted the amount of work load is overwhelming. Basically don't have my full 30 min lunch breaks without the employees and patients interrupting my lunch break. I do 4 roles in this company Manager, secretary, clerk and social worker.
For profit company, not concerned with staff satisfaction or support
registered nurse (Former Employee), kansas city, moFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: salary equal with similar positions with other companies
Cons: see review
understaffed, overworked staff, no staff support, clinical managers brown nose the patient techs and vise versa, and belittle their RN's to patients and technicians
I enjoy the team I work with
Principle Associate Regulatory Operations (Current Employee), Waltham, MAFebruary 18, 2015
Fresenius has a good work life balance. I am very lucky to have a wonderful group of people to work with. The salaries are fair, however, the benefits and time off are not up to par with other companies in the industry.
Dealing with patients
Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician (CCHT) (Former Employee), Independence, MOFebruary 17, 2015
I enjoy helping people enjoy a happy and healthy life. The hardest part of the job is losing the people I take care of, But on a plus I enjoy watching them receive a kidney and being able to live a life close to normal.
Contract Instructional Designer (Former Employee), WalthamFebruary 17, 2015
Great team of people in the CLPD department. I would highly recommend this group. A great bunch of talented people. I was a contractor, and if given the chance, I would go back in a heart beat.
Very good place to work
Medical Social Worker (Current Employee), Fairhope, ALFebruary 16, 2015
My typical day is ongoing case management of our dialysis patients. Our patients are able to live a life at home, or at a nursing home, and attend treatment 3 times weekly, 4 hours each tx. I provide ongoing supportive counseling, encouragement, and offer much needed community resources. The most enjoyable part of my job, is to be able to bring a smile to a patient's face.
The hardest part of my job, is whenever I cannot find a solution to a patient's issue. My c-workers are all very pleasant , as team approach is of upmost importance.
n/a
volunteer (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 15, 2015
it was just a volunteer job for my mother and her company. doing the summertime she ask me if i wanted to volunteer for her company
Great experience
Clinic Manager (Current Employee), Irvington, NJFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Working for the best renal care company in the wolrd has given me the experience and confidence I need to make it in any healthcare setting.
Decent place to work
Dialysis Technician (Current Employee), West Palm Beach, FLFebruary 6, 2015
Decent place to work. Nice co-workers. No room for improvement or moving up within the company unless you become a registered nurse. Will cut hours if patient census is below par.
Could be worse
Senior Accountant (Former Employee), Irving, TXFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: people
Cons: business model
This is an organization that is constant in change. Restructure is the name of the game. They cannot seem to grasp the needs of the health community with the bottom line.
Leading provider of hemodialysis services and products, which takes caring fpr patients & staff seriously, and encourages self improvement and growth.
Hospital Services Specialist (Former Employee), Newark, NJFebruary 6, 2015
During my time working with Fresenius Medical Care, I was given the opportunity to work alongside many management staff that encouraged me to grow within the Company, and I was entrusted many times with newly created positions, and a pilot program for an admissions program within the State of NJ.

Working with the individual clinic staff was the most rewarding part of my career, and having been able to assist the clinic patients daily was a pleasure that I treasure to this day.

Through the many years working for this company I was afforded many training programs, and encouraged by management to enhance my skills.
Clean workplace
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Loris, SCFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: pto and insurance
Cons: overworked and underpaid
Mangement shows favortism, PCT's are overworked and underpaid. Only worried about filling a spot, don't care if you get sick and need to call out. Some nurses scared to lift a finger.
Pretty Bad
Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician (Former Employee), Richmond, VAFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: patient interaction
Cons: management
Very money driven at the risk of others lives. long hours, 15 - poor management, cliqueie and very unsafe nurses, high turnover

1 2 3 4 5

About Fresenius Medical Care

Fresenius Medical Care North America (FMCNA) operates a network of more than 1,800 dialysis clinics located throughout the US. – Read more

Fresenius Medical Care Photos