Fresenius Medical Care

Fresenius Medical Care Employee Reviews

Found 1,669 reviews matching the search
Dialysis Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bayamón, PRFebruary 21, 2017
Good work. Very productive. Good work with employees and supervisors. Great communication with the personal. Continuing education.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short time for lunch
Productive, and you get a 3 day weekend
Saline department (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTFebruary 21, 2017
You just work 3, 12 hour shifts and one 6. Personally I like to get it done and then relax a few days. They provide a cafeteria and have catered food, and the pricing isn't bad for the food you get!
Pros
Cafeteria provided
Cons
12 hour shifts can suck sometimes
Very nice place to learn new things and meet new people.
Certified Hemo (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 20, 2017
Since working at Fresenius, I have learned so much about the role of a Patient Care Technician and the importance of kidney care. The Fresenius tem will ensure that you learn all that you can whiel dealing with patients who experience traumatic complications in their lives such as kidney disease. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time here at Fresenius and I'm sure everyone else would love it as well!
Pros
It's just like getting a free education to learn all about the kidneys!
It is very stressful.
Medical Secretary/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Anderson, INFebruary 19, 2017
It is a very challenging place to work. Dialysis is not for everybody you either love it or hate it. It is a lot to comprehend, but you do get on the job training. Your are dealing with a lot of blood.
Pros
health, dental, optical insurance
Cons
They do a lot of staff turnarounds.
Na
CCHT (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 17, 2017
Mnagement is the worst here. some pts do what they please and most of the time we dont have team work, just when they are being watched. some Nurses think PCTs are degrating.
Pros
NA
Cons
NA
Rn
RN (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIFebruary 17, 2017
very enjoyable job, unfortunately management wasn't honest in one of the departments, and "set you up to fail" reporting things to MDs that weren't true, back stabbing was horrible- but loved the atmosphere/job in and by itself, great company to work for, training /education was amazing!
Pros
enjoyable job
Cons
managment
Great Internship opportunity
Intern, Finance (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 17, 2017
In 8 weeks I was able to gain exposure in all aspects of the Accounting and Finance group. There was interest from the management team on my thoughts about the intern program, what worked and what could be revised.

It was a great experience to take my education and apply it in the real world.
Gold standard company
Team Leader, Inpatient Dialysis (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 16, 2017
Great company to work, except that management doesnt guarantee vacation schedule and personal growth. Very strict policy on working the required hours ler dag.
Pros
Good compensation package
Cons
Tight scheduling
Productive and Challenging
Certified Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 16, 2017
Working with patients with renal disorders. Direct patient care which I learned to be patient with handling different personalities. Proactive when a patient is bleeding you have to be fast in stopping the blood. Workplace culture was high volume and demanding. This required round the clock observance of the patient while on the dialysis machine. Hardest part of the job is when a patient wants to eat something the doctor told them not to and telling them not to bring food in the facility. The most enjoyable part was seeing a patient feel better.
ok place for clinical experience
patient care technician (Former Employee) –  Niles, ILFebruary 15, 2017
company that only cares about finances, does not care for employees, horrible management, horrible work ours, no sick time alowed,
busy productive hemodialysis provider, short staff
Acute Hemodialysis Nurse (Former Employee) –  Suffolk, VAFebruary 15, 2017
I was on call 2 weeks of the month. If the acute unit had no patients I would assist in the chronic unit. At times I would have to call for assistance if I had patients waiting while I was dialyzing other patients. I was the lone full time acute care nurse
Pros
Patients became like family
Cons
averaged 110 hours- unable to have full time assistance
Dialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 14, 2017
Great place to work pleasant work enviroment ,great team work co workers wonderful.you really in enjoyed working thier and learning new things
overall
Dialysis Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAFebruary 13, 2017
I really loved working for this company you become more like family to one another. They really care about the patients and making it a comfortable place well they receive their treatment.
Decent place to work.
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAFebruary 13, 2017
Not a place to work if you want to advance. The pay is not that great but the benefits are pretty good. The management works with you and are very good with staff.
Job is interesting and educational
Bio-Med Tech 1 (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NC 28216February 13, 2017
Excelent Company to work for. good employee managment communications, fair pay, many advancment oppertunities. many location United States wide.great benefits package.
Pros
Friendly, Comprahensive open door policy.
Cons
some times heavy work load...sometimes.
Productive and fast paced work environment
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 13, 2017
A typical day at Fresenius is very fast paced and productive. Friendly environment and well organized. I learned from Fresenius's education department that taught me the theory and clinical side of dialysis. Management could have been more stable. The hardest part of the job is mortality. The best part of the job is patients.
Pros
Benefits and free lunches
Cons
short breaks and not parent friendly
Run
PCT (Patient Care Technician) (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAFebruary 12, 2017
Positively the worst place I have ever worked. Mgmt is only present physically in this highly dysfunctional place. Power struggle amongst all of the staff, backbiting is a constant, and overtime/working while ill is an expectation. Training is supposed to occur while mentor has full-patient load (therefore poor preparation, at best). Staff is unprofessional, shouting at each other all day, mocking co-workers if they sense weakness, disappearing from the floor w/o notice and not returning for 40-50 minutes. It is pointless to ask the mgr to correct any of the glaring weaknesses, you will be let go in a heartbeat. Four coworkers and I were hired at about the same time, and we all quit about two months later as it was clear this is a VERY BAD PLACE TO WORK!!
Pros
Can go outside on breaks
Cons
Everything else!
This company is not competitive with compensation.
Staff RN (Trained Charge Nurse) (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 11, 2017
Company offer low compensation. The do not care about patient ratio. Over work the staff. Company's raise for yearly evaluation low. Poor management does not care about staff exhausted only about quantity and profit.
Pros
some benefits especially tuition assistance.
Cons
Management, salary pay
Challenging, fair, and rewarding.
Patient Care Technician/CCHT (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 10, 2017
FMC taught me everything, treated me extremely well. The staff felt like a family were everyone had each others backs. Clean and safe workplace, and the company really cares for it's patients under their ultracare.
Pros
Great Benefits, Healthy workplace, great managers
Cons
n/a
normal productive day at facility.
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Kentucky and,GAFebruary 10, 2017
open dialysis center on daily basis according to schedule. assessment of pt access, calcul pt fluid intake. complete pt tx records, reinforce pt care.do water checks every 3 hours, plan pt activities durn tx hours and outside clinic.i also work with social worker and dietitians to identify and educate .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fresenius Medical Care. Our community is ready to answer.

Fresenius Medical Care Reviews by Location