Fresenius Medical Care

1.3K reviews

Fresenius Medical Care Employee Reviews

Good place to start.
Certified Dialysis Technician (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHAugust 29, 2015
Pros: Pay, training, overtime
Cons: management, long hours, short breaks
The education and training is the best. However once your on your own it's either sink or swim, no one helps everyone is about themselves no team work. No room for advancement. Long hours short breaks. 5 8hr shifts that's too much in dialysis. Should be 3 12hr shifts or 4 10hr shifts. The work is very demanding which is ok because it's also very rewarding. But the MANAGEMENT SUCKS there not properly trained to do the jobs and they make you feel like your disposable and the don't even need you.
fresenius is good in training but in real world is too much load...
Hemodialysis Technician (Former Employee), NJAugust 27, 2015
Pros: there is free food sometimes but no xmas bonus...
Cons: the break is not enough like 30mins for the first few months and after was ajusted to 45min
the two dialysis company that i worked with before aside from my
acute experienced in davita are ok...aside from fresenius that is a
little bit too much work load...but i still did my best to come up with
the demand of my work...
not worth it
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), New HavenAugust 27, 2015
so much drama , more like a high school rather than a dialysis clinic. not to mention supervisors are so unorganized !! scheduling sucks and they don't stick to their word . if it wasn't for the pay they wouldn't see me at all.
Stress full and Fullfiling
Dialysis Technician (Former Employee), 2601 Harlem Ave, Berwyn IllinoisAugust 26, 2015
I have found dialysis to be the most rewarding, interesting Job that i had. The work is hard and tedious but its not constant. The turnover is busy and then there is a lull. You get to know the patient and eventually become friends with them.
Fun and productive place to work at
Desktop Support (Current Employee), Waltham, MAAugust 26, 2015
it's a great place to work at. Gained a lot of experience working here and met a lot of nice people, but they only hire as contractors and don't give out benefits.
health care focused and employee centered facility
Clinical Manager (Current Employee), out patient dialysis clinicAugust 25, 2015
Pros: The efforts to improve employee and patients relations are evident
Cons: lack of support from ancilary services such as SW, RD, and secretary staff is hard on day to day operations
Fresenius is a patient care focused dialysis company that is working to focus more on employee satisfaction while improving patient satisfaction at the same time.
Hard Work
Certified Hemodialysis Technician (Current Employee), Columbia, SCAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Good pay. Located near the Metro are
Cons: Short breaks. Sometimes hostile/toxic environment
My job involves, hard work, but work that is well rewarded. I've learned to be patient with different cultures of people and learn from experience. My coworkers, for the most part, are pleasant. Others are always complaining or back biting on another, which makes it hard to work and focus the task that is really at hand- the patient(s).
The hardest part of my job is the long hours and the uncertainty of when I will be able to go home and spend time with my loved ones. The best part of my job is that I am able to express myself and be who I am without judgement. Nobody gets in my way of doing what I am supposed to do every time I walk through those doors.
This is very busy company requiring heavy productivity
Dialysis nurse (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 23, 2015
Pros: prepares you well before you put hands on
Cons: Pay needs to be improved
Productive and fun but need to improve on staff pays. It is a great place to work with great package for staff and their families
Fast Paced
Patient Care Tech/ Ward Clerk/ Dialysis Assistant (Current Employee), porstmouth, vaAugust 22, 2015
Pros: 401k and tuition reimbursement
Cons: budget
Typical day is 10 hrs. I learned patience and strength. We have good team work and good leaders as far as floor staff. Patient care techs does majority of the work at the clinic. Overall if you like people and if you are a caring person you will like this job
Employees are dispensable
Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician (CCHT) (Former Employee), MAAugust 20, 2015
Pros: Best training program, great infection control
Cons: All about management, no employee support, and employees are made known they are dispensable
FMC has the best training program for newbies to the dialysis world and has the top of the line infection control practice and if I had a family member on dialysis I would send them only to a FMC clinic. Now to be an employee there is only good if you get along with the clinical manger. Clinical mangers come and go, and if the new clinic manger comes in and does not like you, start looking for another job. The companys HR is AWFUL thier answer to everything is "up to the clinical managers discretion", they work for management only not employees. No matter how many years or experience you have FMC makes it known employees are dispensable, you can be there 1 year or 15 years it does not matter to FMC.
rn (Current Employee), winchester kyAugust 20, 2015
Pros: pto
Cons: long hours
great benefits, long hours, room for advancement, not focused on patient care, too much focus on bundling, money, no longer about the patient or families
Great Place to start
Biomedical Technician II (Current Employee), Saint Augustine, FLAugust 19, 2015
I have enjoyed my time at Fresenius but found limited opportunities to advance into management. I think this is be good experience for those looking to move into the hospital environment. I enjoy working the staff and knowing that my work makes a difference. Pay is average.
Good working enviroment
PCT (Current Employee), Fayetteville, NCAugust 19, 2015
Pros: at least 40 hr week
Cons: 5-6 days a week
Cannulate patients to begin their treatment, observe and take them off of dialysis. Very demanding type of job but I enjoy every thing about it.
good place to work
Ohio Certified Dialysis Technician (Former Employee), Cortland, OHAugust 18, 2015
Pros: free uniforms
Cons: long hours
learned alot about peolple learned alot about dialysis good management good coworkers the hardest part of the job is hours the most enjoyable part is some of the patients
Horrible management
Dialysis Technician (Former Employee), Blue Island, ILAugust 18, 2015
Pros: Training
Cons: Management
The management for Fresenius is horrible, a lot of favoritism. They offer a lot of training opportunities which is probably why their pay is low, not patient focused, just want to get them in and out.
Busy Work Enviornment
CAO Patient Intake Coordinator (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 18, 2015
Pros: Nice work place, casual attire including jeans, and levels of management
Cons: High turnover rate, high volume of calls, challenging environment for exceptional job performance, low morale
At this job, you will work with multiple clinics and hospitals assisting in the admissions process for dialysis treatment. You will also be responsible for customer service and working in a high volume call center. The hardest part of the job is effectively maintaining your patients through the admissions process. Because of the high call volume, it is sometimes difficult to work on your own patient volume. The most enjoyable part of this job is that you have your own workspace and the day usually goes pretty fast with the high volume of calls and patients who needs placement.
fun work place
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 15, 2015
working for Fresenius Medical Care is fun and exciting, patients and staff are friendly. Awesome benefits and pay is very competitive.
Good company to work for.
Peritoneal Dialysis Support Specialist (Current Employee), Concord, CAAugust 15, 2015
Pleasure in helping patients daily.
Something different daily.
Decent management.
Was able to learn a lot about dialysis.
Productive place to work. Great people who are team players
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 14, 2015
Pros: Safe work place. Fair management
Cons: Must use personal time off for sick days.
• Interact with facility administrators and staff to ensure efficient and timely reporting of financial information
• Complete balance sheet account reconciliations
• Review and analyze expense account activity
• Process month end accruals for utility services
• Prepare and upload journal entries to record accruals and account reclasses
• Create and upload fixed asset templates into SAP
• Perform audit of fixed assets in compliance with SOX
• Assist in month end and quarter end close.

The office is run on team work everyone has responsibility but we all help each other with overflow of work.

I learned accounting work sap and excel.

Learning to slow down and check my work.
I enjoy working and keeping busy there is always something to do or someone to help. There is always something to learn.
I love being able to work closely with my patients and caring for their needs.
Clinical Certified Hemodialysis Technician (Current Employee), Smyrna, TNAugust 13, 2015
Pros: Great learning opportunities.
Cons: Long hours are required at times
Great learning opportunities. Learned many new skills that I will be able to use thru out my career. Love being able to work closely with my patients and getting to know more about them.
Headquarters