Fresenius Medical Care
1,052 reviews

Fresenius Medical Care Employer Reviews

Management problem
Hemodialysis Nurse (Current Employee), Inglewood, CAMarch 28, 2015
They don't listen to the complaints of patient and employees.
Manager has favoritism
Big problem
They need to hire new manager with concerns
Fresenuis
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee), North Olmsted, OHMarch 26, 2015
I am was very excited to be working for the company when I first started. Then I quickly seen that if your are not Management's Pet you will not advance what so ever.
Worst Trainer and training program
Sr. Pharm Tech (Former Employee), North Chicago, IL.March 26, 2015
Pros: fair standard industry pay
Cons: unstructured training program, poor decision making
Unprofessional management. Fires new hires midway through a crammed 2 week training period if trainer does not like you personally. No objective determination whatsoever. There was no organization and structure in the training. Scheduled topics were postponed and rescheduled constantly. Trainer came in at the 2nd week saying she is not sure what topic to start on. 5-10% of the time was spent on talking about her (T.F) personal life or quirks of people working in the company Talks down and treats trainees as if they were children and makes asides when she does not approve of their answers. Expects "you people" to absorve and perform right away tasks with multiple step processes after explaining it mostly once (sometimes twice, rarely thrice) from new pharmacy system to go live in a weeks time. Keeps reminding trainees, fretting about it like its their fault. Inputs numbers for trainees to work on, that the system receives as errors further confusing trainees. Twice, she said she is confused and stopped solving the problem all together.She even had the training class re-key her incorrect qty computations of a product for 6K patients in the live system taking half a days training schedule. They need to have a review and oversight team look into this trainer and her training program.
okay place to work
PCT (Former Employee), MichiganMarch 25, 2015
Pros: patient care
Cons: pay, expensive insurance, short breaks, 16 hour days!!
Worked as a PCT for about 8 months. Pay is decent if you don't have insurance for you AND a dependent. Very expensive insurance.... took almost 300 dollars out of my checks so I would be broke all the time. Employees were know it alls and hovered too much. Manager was not available as much as she should have been. Being up at 3 and 4 am wasn't fun either. The only things I liked about the job was cannulation and getting to know the patients and taking care of them. Didn't get 40 hours per week either! I hated dealing with machine problems and computer problems (which was CONSTANT!!!) Also didn't like having to learn the water room. Great job for you if you like babysitting bc some patients are way too needy and rude on a daily basis.
Fast paced stressful enviornment.
Patient Electronic Intake Coordinator (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Excellent work schedule, and location
Cons: Micro managing, and Poor pay
The positions was a great position, it was managment, and poor compensation that made me unhappy with the job. I would not recommend this job to anyone , until managment is changed.
Enjoyed training, educating patients.
Home Therapy Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Panama City, Pensacola, Ft. Walton, FLMarch 22, 2015
Pros: decent pay, insurance, mileage reimbursement.
Cons: retaliation without consequences.
Enjoyed training, educating patients.
Big turn over in upper management. In three years, 3 upper managers.
Lower management are bullies.
Its an okay place to work
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), Warrenton, VAMarch 21, 2015
Pros: some patients are very sweet and enjoyable to be around.
Cons: not enough pay. drastic changes within the healthcare field
Work is extremely fast paced and often tends to be very stressful. Not always a team oriented environment. Many of the patients are demanding and verbally abusive towards staff. Unable to take a day off due to being short staffed.
Long long days
Dialysis CCHT (Former Employee), Lewisburg, WVMarch 21, 2015
Pros: 3 day clinic
Cons: short breaks
Very hard work, very high pace!!! Some staff you can't get along with. Very long days! They have insurance dental, health, vision. Only three day clinic but work very long hours on those days. Wore out at the end of day. On your feet and running around the hole day.
Long hours and stressed workers
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), South FloridaMarch 20, 2015
Pros: some friendly patients
Cons: short breaks, long hours, non reliable employees
If you like waking up and being at work at 4am then go for it. When you're there for the 12-17 hour shifts you only get 2 30minute breaks and if you're not on them you better be on the floor working. You almost never get a chance to sit and get your composure. And if you have a not so positive team member, it makes your day all the worse. Pay is great and benefits are great. That is the only good thing about the job.
WARNING!!! Apply at your own risk!!!
hard worker for several years (Former Employee), Rock Hill, SCMarch 19, 2015
Pros: paid vacations
Cons: management team, no reward for hard work, no respect
The Fresenius Rock Hill, SC distribution center is a VERY VERY stressful and hostile work environment!!! The mngmnt is really bad and uses preferential favoritism towards the picks and chooses! There's absolutely zero room for advancement and the selection process for promotions is bias AND UNFAIR! This facility is a true example of no moral, no respect for hard workers, and no appreciation! The mngr openly threatens jobs and bullies good employees out of the door! If you are a good worker you will definitely be made to feel less-than while working at the Rock Hill DC. Fresenius for the most part is a good company but the management team at this DC is a true DEBACLE! Pass it on!
They don’t hire temps on full-time.
Forlklift (Former Employee), Ogden, UTMarch 19, 2015
Pros: Very clean
Cons: They don’t hire temps on full-time
They don’t hire temps on full-time, The continual gossip and ridicule is the worst of any company I have ever worked for.
A place to work and learn new things
Assembler II (Current Employee), Concord, CAMarch 18, 2015
Pros: friendly people and learn new things
Cons: pay could be better
I have been with the company for almost a year. I have moved up fast in the short time I have been here. I was hired as a Assembler II and started off building sub-assemblies. I now work on the assembly line and am still moving up and learning new things. I start work at 6 AM and we have a morning meeting and then its off to work. I will get the paperwork that I need for the day and then start my day. Management works with you if you need to take your kids to the Dr or if you need time off they will work with you. Co-workers are great and they help out as much as they can. I really dont have a hard time at work I always am a happy go lucky guy. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that I am helping people and saving their lives.
Benefits / Opportunitty of Growth
PAR/Billing Group (Current Employee), San Juan, PRMarch 18, 2015
I am in this company for about 7 years and it is the only job that I feel stable. I'm proud to work with this company because it gave me the opportunity of improvement as a Registered Nurse.
Productive and fun work place
Machine operator/Alternate Quality Specialist (Current Employee), Ogden, UTMarch 18, 2015
Pros: paid lunch hour
Typical day at work has always been fun and busy

Team work is essentials

Management seemed busy seeking on how to keep the place a safest work environment for everyone, innovation, productivity,and team works.

Co-workers are fun

The hardest part of the job is waiting until the process is done and the most enjoyable part of the job is doing what is expected of us to do to ensure that we're making safe and the best quality products for our customers satisfaction.
Productive and fun work place
Pros: paid lunch hour
Typical day at work has always been fun and busy

Team work is essentials

Co-workers are fun

stressful workplace
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Tyler, TXMarch 15, 2015
very stressful workplace hard hours very hard to get along with other employees do to management and other staff. Very poor training and skills training.
Working is fun with team
SAP FICO functional Consultant (Former Employee), Waltham, MAMarch 13, 2015
Pros: coffee
Cons: medical care
Every day new issues and good understanding business users
leared how to write a quick Functional document.
Management is good.
My team members ate very good.
Unexpected issues.
Fun working on different issues.
Decent Pay, horrible management
PCT (Former Employee), Adrian, MIMarch 13, 2015
Pros: lots of hours, ot
Cons: lying management, not appreciated expected to always pick up shifts
Schedules changed daily, was only hired to work 20 hours a week, but ended up working over 60+ some weeks. Management did nothing to help with the floor was busy, said it wasn't her job to help. Management lied to get what they wanted. Company took away bonus' for the techs, but management still received them, and talked about their $5k bonus' in front of those of us who had lost that privileged. Techs were over worked, and extremely under appreciated. Quitting this place was the best thing I ever did!
Poor Leadership Starting From The Top
Training and Development (Current Employee), Waltham, MAMarch 12, 2015
Pros: they help very sick people.
Cons: poor leadership from the top, poor pay and benefits
I was hired after working on contract for a year and have had no one on ones with my managers or objective/goal setting. The managers are always in meetings and never to be found. Virtually inaccessable. Deadlines are missed and there's no accountability at any level. Because there are no goals or roadmap people are running around like geese without any vision or purpose frantically working to no avail. This is not a place to make a career.

Both benefits and salaries are terrible. It's evident that they care very little about their employees.
Helping People
Dialysis Technician (Former Employee), Mishawaka, INMarch 11, 2015
The best part about working here was seeing the patients everyday and knowing that I was making a difference and helping them prolong their lives.

1 2 3 4 5

About Fresenius Medical Care

Fresenius Medical Care North America (FMCNA) operates a network of more than 1,800 dialysis clinics located throughout the US. – Read more

Fresenius Medical Care Photos