Fresenius Medical Care Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,473 reviews matching the search
Its a job with pay, learn and move on.
LVN (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 1, 2016
Just make sure you cover your BUTT......Because they will throw you under the bus. HORRIBLE MANAGEMENT AND AREA REPRESENTATIVES. If you speak up for yourself they will try and get rid of you. So hush, get your training and learn the trade. Then you can go elsewhere but it will always be problems with jobs because humans are there lol. But people need to learn to do their jobs and leave their personal feelings out of it.
God help you if you take vacation or get pregnant. You'll be responsible for finding your own replacement.
Pros
Coworkers try and help out but their overloaded too.
Cons
Scheduling and BS management pay
A great place to work with a fun team
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Weslaco, TXAugust 19, 2016
A typical day consisted of setting up four to five hemodialysis stations for three rounds of sessions. I learned how to set up and take down dialysis machines and learned about the water system. Management was pleasant and readily available when needed. My coworkers were outstanding and provided exceptional teamwork. The hardest part of the job was having to set up and take down units between sessions quickly. The most enjoyable part of the job was building rapport with our patients as they underwent hemodialysis.
Poor medical company with very poor poor management.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXJuly 27, 2016
I was there for nearly 10 year work long hours from sun up to sun is down, management is very poor did care to talk to you, always new supervisor that last about a year and leave. Lead men are the same way. Major turn around in employees. I work at there old warehouse 9 1/2 years before moving to the new warehouse in 2014. People always walking out of the job. When they took away everyone bonus that when employees didn't care anymore it was just a job now and a paycheck. A lot of good employees were fired over dumb thing . I really wouldn't recommend this job to anyone not even if you are going to a temp agency to find a job.
Pros
Short lunch for long hours
Cons
They dont care about it
Better pay than hospital work, but job will work you to death
Dialysis Nurse (Current Employee) –  Midwest City, OKJuly 27, 2016
Started out a good job until ObamaCare decreased Medicare reimbursement for patient treatments. Now the company expects more work in less time; this is a formula for a patient disaster. These conditions are getting less safe each day for a patient. Recently managers have stepped down because what's 'right' is not what is required of them. Everyone is looking to write up someone else to explain why employees are getting paid to work (who'd a thunk it). Do NOT consider working here unless you drink 8 energy drinks before you arrive to work hours before the sun comes up.
Pros
you have a job
Cons
you will die of stress, write ups for not finishing extra work while patients bleed to death.
Fresenius is an innovative dialysis company that allows for career development.
Acute Dispatch Supervisor (Former Employee) –  East Providence, RIJuly 17, 2016
I loved working at Fresenius. They gave their employees a chance to further their careers by providing school tuition assistance and when openings became available they mostly promoted from within.

The corporate culture allowed me to advance within the company. I started as a temporary receptionist and they offered me the opportunity to work at different roles within the company for the 27 years I was employed with them.

I was instrumental in forming and developing a new concept of centralizing the admission process for the entire company.
Pros
Promote from within.
Cons
As a 27 year veteran, I was laid off due to corporate restructuring.
Enjoyed this job.
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARJuly 12, 2016
Clock in very early at 5:30 am. Ten to twelve hour shifts 3 to 4 days per week. Management was mostly absent from the floor and disappointing as their integrity was not present. The clinical manager was secretly dating a patient I learned toward the end of my time there and her manager was fired for embezzlement of the company. My co workers were hard working and enjoyable to work with. The hardest part of the job was the physical requirements of carrying multiple 2.5 gallon jugs of solution and bending over multiple low fixed height chairs to do catheter care. The most enjoyable part of the job was the relationships formed with the patients.
hiring processes
Quality Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kaysville, UTJuly 9, 2016
regardless of whether you were a previous employee of this company or not at a different facility that was relocated they will not offer you a job no matter how good of an employee you were or not. They could care less that you become unemployed or not. They do not care how much money they loose cause of lack of training as long as they have the tax write off. They let good product sit in the sidelines cause they have no clue of how to produce the product cause they did not take the time to learn it.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
dont care about their employees that are blue collar
Management and Some of the staff were not great at all.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCJuly 6, 2016
I worked for this company for a couple of months and decided to walk. The supervisor was horrible, she did everything the mean nurse told her to do. No back bone at all, they treated me great at first until I was working for them then the true colors showed. The nurse mad statements to the Caucasians patients like did you get treated like a second class citizen by her, and when it was told to the supervisor she just blew it off. After I spoke up to the nurse who by the way everyone just about left the company because of her and the supervisor knows it, the treatment got worse so I decided to walk without further notice.
Pros
good pay
Cons
horrible supervisory efforts.
Good place to work.
Staff RN/Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXJuly 6, 2016
They do not pay much. They are a good training company but most people leave for more benefits.

The hardest part at some clinics is when the Techs expect the RN to help them, which adds more to the nurses load.

Change over time is quite hectic if patients were put on at the same time on a particular bay not following their appointment times.
Pros
401K matching. Fair workload to their nurses. Excellent nurse to pt ratio.
Cons
short breaks. Benefits not so good. They work their nurses as Techs a lot at some places.
Horrible place to work!!!!
Hemodialysis Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  NJJune 20, 2016
I was so excited to start working there, up until the people in the clinic I was assigned to started to show their true colors. The training was sub-par, mainly because the only nurse allowed to train people is the charge nurse and she doesnt even have time to use the bathroom. There was this german nurse who never smiled and yelled at everyone all the time and this one tech seemed like she was always on a power trip and could never be wrong. I would only recommend this place if you like people talking behind your back and working long hours being treated like dirt.
Pros
NONE
Cons
Horrible, horrible, horrible company to work for!
Patient Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJune 19, 2016
The training is fabulous but misleading. The employee's are AWESOME! 90% of management is AWFUL! Management practices are VERY disruptive and insensitive! Don't know Fresenius' CEO, but since he is a reflection/extension of the company practices, he is AWFUL too and no one should approve of what is going on there. Anytime a company has an annual turnover rate of 40+ people (including team leads & supervisors), then something is EXTREMELY wrong. WARNING: Don't leave a secure job for this one; this is a SLUM-employer!
Pros
Doing the work itself, is VERY rewarding!
Cons
The benefits, the unnecessary constant disruptions
Microbiological Technician
Microbiological Technician (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTJune 16, 2016
I was hired as a temporary technician to replace employees as they travel across the country to train new employees at the new facility. I would perform environmental sampling, test microbiological bio burden of raw materials and bulk pharmaceuticals, test for bacterial endocrine contamination, and enter copious amounts of data. I had to follow SOPs that strictly adhere to FDA regulations. My work ended after all of the new employees in Tennessee were trained.
Worst place i ever worked
RN (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 17, 2016
Poor management.Lots of lying by management.Very disorganized in making assignments. Never got paid for my mileage.Plenty of back stabbing.Management does not support employees.Assembly line mentality and production is stressed far above safe patient care.Avoid this company.However,the majority of the nurses I worked with were very good people
Pros
Not really any Pros
Cons
The whole company is a con
Environment
Administrative Assistant / Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  East Providence, RIAugust 3, 2016
The work environment is great and makes you want to come to work everyday. I learned how important teamwork is working with this company. Management was always there for us when we needed assistance. The hardest part was being able to handle all the different case loads we received but in the end it was very rewarding knowing that I helped save someones life.
Productive and multi-tasking
Ward Clerk (Current Employee) –  Connersville, INJune 6, 2016
Working with patients and employees accomplishing several tasks each day is very enjoyable. I love the flexibility and having multiple tasks to accomplish each day. My job is never boring and I can always find a task to help my manager or other employees do when my work is complete. I enjoy visiting with the patients while they are receiving treatments and learning more about them. I enjoy my job and I can't think of anything that is hard or that I do not enjoy.
fast paced and well organized
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Hammond, LAMay 31, 2016
working with this company taught me about dialysis, it was something I've heard of but never did any research on. your kidneys as well are just as important as your other body organs. Working here taught me how to move at a fast organized pace when it comes to multitasking. It taught me about being dedicated to your job and what teamwork is all about. This job inspired and motivated me in so many ways, If I ever were to come back to this company I would want to come working as a nurse and not a PCT
Pros
N/A
Cons
the company pay thier PCT's to become nurses
Horrible company
HPSM (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 27, 2016
This company is very shady. I was unjustly terminated, which was a blessing. However this company owes me for reimbursement and a weeks worth of pay that I have not seen in over 2 months. My manager JC is a complete unprofessional P..... right along with his counter part DP. Sadly there are people out there that represent companies like this. For anyone reading this I am not disgruntled at all....its just principle Stay away as this company is a total waste of your time. In addition, send friends, family, acquaintances, etc. to Davita Dialysis.
good company
Office Manager, Administration (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 8, 2016
My job entails answering multi line phones, payroll, patient admissions, SAP, ordering janitorial supplies and medications, crown web, multiple IT jobs, helping others when they can't understand how to do things on the computer.

Good company, but, I can't advance. Need a job closer to home. Have to get out of health care, just can't take it anymore.
Pros
Good boss
Cons
Overworked, new jobs added every day
A Challenge
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  FloridaMay 20, 2016
Not satisfied with seasoned staff. They're mean and unprofessional toward new staff. Management has difficulty keeping them in check. Seasoned staff unwilling to listen to new ideas. Seasoned staff run new staff off intentionally through meanness, pettinesss, and being unkind. Seasoned staff create hostile work environment. Bullying and intimidation is part of tactics.
Pros
Wonderful challenging work. Not all clinics/people bad. Patients wonderful.
Cons
Poor attitude with seasoned staff
Good pay and benefits. Unreasonable work hours. Poor management
Inpatient RN (Current Employee) –  KentuckyJuly 8, 2016
If you want a job that pays good but has terrible unpredictable hours, this job is for you. One never knows if their day will be 10 hrs, 12, hrs or as much as 24+ hrs. Dr's order unnecessary treatments at the end of the day and call you in during the night for treatments that could wait until morning. It is not unusual to put in 30+ hrs of OT a week. There are no breaks, rarely get lunch and someone breathing down your neck wanting you to go faster. Management is horrible and getting worse all the time. If you apply for open positions in the company, don't count on getting an interview because of politics or some higher up moving their buddy into the position. This company is not about patient care, the bottom line is dollars!
Pros
Good pay, PTO, Benefits
Cons
Terrible Working Conditions. No home life. Poor management

Fresenius Medical Care Reviews by Location