Fresenius Medical Care
1,125 reviews

Fresenius Medical Care Employee Reviews

apheresis day
Apheresis Technician/LPN (Current Employee), Grand Blanc, MIMay 25, 2015
Pros: great learning experience
Cons: unpredictable schedule
Preforms scheduled.unscheduled and emergency apheresis treatments. Maintain patient safely and confidentiality.
special needs clinic
Certified Hemodialysis Technician (Current Employee), West Saint Paul, MNMay 24, 2015
Pros: you get to manage your own work load and work alone
Cons: coworkers
prepared machines for daily use. a minimum of 15 patients a day. over all a wonderful job, but the constant stress and long hours takes a certain kind of mind set
Very stressful work lace. Not enough staf.
Fresenius Medical Care (Former Employee), Dunbar, WVMay 22, 2015
Cleaned dialysis machines between patients. Made sure the patient had the right solution set up in the machine. Administered medications, drew labs. Assessed vital every 30 minutes and charted.
A positive life enlightening career
Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMay 22, 2015
Pros: The day went well without an incident
Cons: When there wasn't enough work hours
In the hospital we worked Professionally and Effectively well together to make sure the day ended with, every document signed, all test were completed, and all the patients had the Best Treatment, Care, Communication and Learning Environment that was possible.
Great
Administrative Assistance (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 22, 2015
great place to work while in school. find the right manager and the job could be heaven. the wrong one and ...Happy to say that I had a great manager and love my job.
Untrustworthy company
Clinic Manager (Former Employee), Rochester, NYMay 22, 2015
Pros: Patients and co-workers
Cons: Healthcare, area management
Never staffed well, always needing to beg people to work longer shifts, or extra days, then if a patient no shows have to send staff home in order to make Fresenius's TAP. Micromanaged by area managers, behind the clinic managers back. Clinic managers have very little say into what goes on, either the area manager decides or you have to go to HR. Staff members and patients are wonderful.
I was inventory manager for 6 clinics
Inventory Compliance Manger (Former Employee), Memphis and Collierville, TNMay 20, 2015
Pros: Good company and pay.
Cons: Little training and support
I took this job expecting more training and support. After an acquisition merger I was last hired and first released. I enjoyed the job but the job was not satisfying.
see previous review
Dialysis nurse (Former Employee), Phx, AZMay 20, 2015
see previous review. Long hours, demanding work, one clinic, overseeing multiple patients at one time as well as techs.
fun
liscense vocational nurse (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMay 20, 2015
the job requires and sometimes demands physical endurance as well as knowledge of illness pertaining to chronic hemodialysis. co-workers are also in their highest form during turnovers of patients coming in and coming off treatment. the hardest part of job is multitasking at most but I enjoy it.
Great work. Love the job.
PCT (Current Employee), knoxville, tnMay 18, 2015
Pros: Helping patients and connecting with them on a whole other level.
Cons: Understanding everything you need to know in such a short period of time.
I love my job. The patients are amazing. The fact I can help these people with their health makes me feel accomplished and blessed.
Social Worker in a Nurse's World
Renal Social Worker (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMay 15, 2015
Overall FMC is a great company to work for. It took adjusting to because of the nursing setting. A lot of the clinic managers within the company do not value social workers. Working with patients is wonderful and I had the chance to do many therapeutic interventions.
Great Place
Patient Care Technician/ Secretary-Clerical (Current Employee), Rocky Mount, NCMay 14, 2015
Awesome Management. Great employees to work with. Long Days but well worth it when working with your patients! Steady staying busy.
Production low
Lead Patient Account Representative (Former Employee), Dallas,TexasMay 14, 2015
Pros: Management
Cons: Relocated
Very family orientated company. My Supervisor/co-workers we all where like family had fun but we did get the work done. Overtime was offered for the ones that needed it and there was no pressure on getting your daily work load done.
Company FMC
CCHT (Current Employee), Kenvil, NJMay 13, 2015
Pros: Going home and having a good feeling that I have helped patients.
Cons: Not having enough time to sit with patients, and having a conversation with them to learn of any problems or concerns they night have.
In review of FMC, overall it is a good company as far as benefits and PTO. There is no room for advancement,salaries are not comparable to other companies and seinority plays no part. I have learned alot in my years 32years of being a PCT, The hardest part of my job is, being able to get the pts in and out in a safely manner with the very very close time restraints that we are given between patients schedules. In regaurds to patient care there should be time to care for every patient equally. I have learned to become very positive and negativity plays no part.
Good compensation
Social Worker (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMay 11, 2015
Good compensation and benefits. Management needs better training and education. Flexible work hours. Good vision from corporate, but local management doesn't buy in.
Ok job
Dialysis Technician (Former Employee), LouisvilleMay 11, 2015
Pros: non
Cons: under staffed
Patient care, monitoring vitals setting up machines putting patients on dialysis machines. co-workers not very friendly, poor management,dealing with combative patients
build work relationships as well as friendship
order picker (Former Employee), Concord, CAMay 8, 2015
Pros: decent benefits
Cons: management, communication
Fresenius Medical Care had a great group of employees working for them. I can honestly say they where my favorite group of coworkers I've ever had. Work first talk later
very busy atmosphere
Registered Nurse/Team Leader/Charge Nurse (Current Employee), Wichita Falls, TXMay 7, 2015
long hours/days usually 16-18 hours, work day starts at 4:00 am, standing on feet most of the day. for the most part staff friendly
pretty good company
Biomedical Technician 1 (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMay 5, 2015
The company is ok to work for. The only issue I have is hat being that it is a very big company, there was no positive relationship with upper management and the employees. To management, employees are nothing more than just a number. However, on the positive side I will say is that the training is phenomenal. The company ensures that you are proficient in your job and provides you the tools to make sure that you are successful.
Enjoyable work place
Secretary (Former Employee), Sinton, TXMay 4, 2015
I would come into the office and make coffee, ask employees if they needed anything. Got my list of duties and started working.
I learned how to better organize the records room, learned how to understand more about how dialysis works. My co-workers were fun to talk to, everybody got along. My hardest part was when the computer system would break down and we had no internet to log our work, and had to do it manually, it made for a longer day. I enjoyed talking to the patients and their family's.

1 2 3 4 5

About Fresenius Medical Care

Fresenius Medical Care North America (FMCNA) operates a network of more than 1,800 dialysis clinics located throughout the US. – Read more

Fresenius Medical Care Salaries