Fresenius Medical Care

Fresenius Medical Care Employer Reviews

good place to work and very professional management teams
Quality Control/In-Process/Receiving Supervisor (Former Employee), McAllen, TXAugust 27, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: nothing
Very productive and a good place to work and advance.
this is a place were a team work really work.
the hardest part was to find a parking lot. The most enjoyable part of the job was allways neww projects.
Productive and a calm environment
Cash & Credit Posting PAR (Current Employee), Richardson, TXAugust 26, 2014
Work 2-3 days a week in the afternoon so most of the staff is usually gone but its a nice environment for the most part. The best thing about this job is you always have something to do, there is never a dull moment,
Flexible work hours. Flexible lunch times.
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNAugust 25, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Fresenius offers Competitive Salary.
During my employment at Fresenius we had the opportunity to advance our skills. I had great co-workers and Managers. We worked as a team and achieved our goals many times.
Great Benefit Package
good atmosphere
Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician (Former Employee), New Bern, NCAugust 22, 2014
The patients make the day go by fast. I was able to get a second national certification. The management staff help the employees on a daily basis and stand by their employees. the hardest part of the job is getting up at 330 am and having to function. team work is a plus and everyone there is willing to help the next person out.
no clinic manager
CSM (Former Employee), Bunkie, LAAugust 21, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: no clinic manager
Clinic Manager never present. Nurses overworked. Favoritism shown to certain tech by manager. Nurses do manager's work. Complaints by staff and patients reported but never addressed by higher-ups. Stressful. Recent loss of several good employees because of these problems. Company worried about money not patient care. Workers only noticed for what they – more... do "wrong" except for a few "special" techs. Tech's schedule unfair. Administrator passive in regards to staff complaints. – less
starter job
Ohio Certified Dialysis Technician (Current Employee), toledo ohAugust 20, 2014
if you are in high school this a great job for you. this is not a career for advancement
Fast paced chronic dialysis clinic
RN Team Leader - (Former Employee), Plaquemine, LAAugust 19, 2014
Pros: patient interaction
Cons: shortage of staff
Start early morning dialysis treatments on chronic Kidney failure patients. Perform head to toe assessments, initiate treatment, and administer medications to patients during treatment. Monitor patients during treatment for any complications. I am also responsible responsible supervising ancillary staff and making sure the clinic runs as it should. – more... I take care problems that may arise throughout the course of the day. The most enjoyable part of the day is being able to interact with the patients and caring for them. – less
Great company/management lacking.
STAFF ACCOUNTANT (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 18, 2014
Benefits are great, mid management is poor.
Life/work balance is bad. No matter how much you work it is never enough for the management.
Large startup
Active Directory Server Engineer (Contract) (Former Employee), Lexington, MAAugust 18, 2014
Excellent technology exposure, but chaotic operationally.
Working for Fresenius Medical Care has been a rewarding part of my life. I have learned the ability to exceed customers needs and expectations.
Licensed Practical Nurse/Team Leader (Current Employee), Portsmouth, VAAugust 17, 2014
Pros: teamwork
Cons: negativity from co-workers about the job.
My work day begins with the setting up of the machinery needed to properly do my job. This is followed by a check list on the machines that are to be in used. Patients assignments are prerequisite and is followed by their prescription for dialysis treatment.Perform patient assessment evaluation. Patient access is cleaned by protocol then canulated and – more... blood samples are taken. Dialysis treatment is initiated. Patient is monitored throughout the treatment and their treatment is documented.Mediation is administered per physicians' orders. After dialysis is terminated, assessment is performed for patient's stability. Area is sanitized for next patient in order to repeat the process. Perform other duties as assigned.Management demonstrates cooperation with co-workers, supervisors. and field personnel on all work related activities. Also they are committed to creatively, solving problems through teamwork and promotes cooperation. My co-workers displays knowledge and understanding of job responsibilities and a high level of technical expertise. They comply with all units policies and procedures. The hardest part of my job is that at times the job can be highly physical. The most enjoyable part of the job is my relationship with the patients and my co-workers. – less
Sterilizer Operator (Former Employee), Ogden, UTAugust 15, 2014
Pros: healthcare
I had two jobs a fresenius. One was a production worker, i would start my day with being assigned to and area that would rotate every two hours. I would cart load which i would take the bags that came out of the fill room and placed them on a cart to be sterilized. There was also inspection which I would check the bags after they've been cooked and – more... place them either in a box if they were good or in a discard pile to be destroyed. Next there was palatalizing which is where the boxes come down the line and had to be placed on a pallet. There were different parts to this, there was the label, the insert, the box machine, and the taper. They all had to be frequently check and stocked. My next job was Sterilizer Operator. This job i was the one to cook all the product that was on the carts. I had tags for every cart written out by hand, each cart had to be inspected before and after being cooked for missing or extra bags. I dealt with computers to start and stop the vessels. Corresponding paper work for every batch that was cooked. Each cart had to be moved by hand to the vessel it was needed to go in and also pushed out. I had to work with many different people to keep my job running the way it should. I really enjoyed working with the people and the facility all together. – less
working only with three hospitals
Acute Dialysis Nurse (Former Employee), Kennewick, WAAugust 15, 2014
Treating approximatley 2-3 patients per day in the Tri-City hospitals with the typical day starting at 7am. Hardest part of the job was the oncall approximately 1-2 nights per week.
Professional environment, excellent co-workers
Financial Coordinator (Current Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 13, 2014
Pros: flexible time off.
Cons: not enough time in the day.
Great work environment, intense client advocacy, strong management team and very professional environment. The most difficult part of the job was not bring the job home and wanting to provide all services needed by our clients. I truly enjoyed getting to know my clients and family members, I always thought about my own family how I would like for someone – more... to treat them. – less
Hard work, dedication, and being good at your job will get you nowhere
IT worker (Former Employee), CorporateAugust 13, 2014
Pros: some bright, dedicated, and hardworking co-workers
Cons: it's a big list - subpar compensation, bad management, no advancement, politics and favoritism
Company is really behind the times in technology, unless they are facing a crisis, or some kind of findings by the FDA. Then the company will upgrade or install some new technology, but still try to cut corners.

Management is not proactive, only reactive when there is a problem or a crisis. No clear direction or leadership from the top.
Management – more... is clueless, unprofessional, unethical, egotistical, and vindictive. They are afraid that you know more than they do and can show them up. If you get on their wrong side they will outright lie and make up negative stories about you to manipulate perceptions in their favor. The only things the management are really good at - distracting, deflecting criticism and accountability, and detracting the employees for inane reasons. And they are quick to throw you or anybody else under the bus to save their own skins.

Too much politics going on. Favoritism is pretty obivious.
Company policies are not applied objectively across the board, but favorite employees get special treatment, often under the table.
But they try to hide this from you.

You only get a chance at opportunities if you accept eveyrthing management says as gospel and go along with everything
they want even if it's not the most feasible or practical way or best practice to do a project.

They put no value in developing their employees.
Contrary to what they say, they really do not value your experience, ideas, suggestions, or input. You get blackballed if you dare to have a different opinion, or to question them on things, or you say what you think is right.

Only their favorites get to work on the best and most desirable projects.
No opportunities for advancement unless you're a favorite of someone in management.

But if management wants something from you, they will dangle a little carrot in front of you. Then when management get what they need, they yank the carrot away and give you some lame excuses why they cannot give you the little carrot. But if you are a favorite, they will help cover up any mistakes you make and still promote you multiple times.

All your hard work will only serve to get bigger bonuses for the management and get them promoted. You get no credit for all your hard work and accomplishments, and they will try to minimize what you did so they don't have to promote you or compensate you. If you are one of their favorites, then you will get credit, even if you don't deserve it.

If you don't fit in with management's plans or don't want to play their games, they will pile on the stress and pressure to make you leave on your own. This has already happened with several people in the department.

There are quite a bit of turf wars with other departments, lots of silos, and in-fighting and politics even among teams within the same department. There is no fostering of team work. Most teams protect their info and knowledge - it makes certain people feel they have the upper hand if they have more or better info than you do, and makes them feel more powerful. Often it doesn't feel like we all work for the same company, but for a competitor.

If you really want to or need to work here, then get your green card, experience, whatever you want, and get out.
You're better off taking a chance at some other company. But who knows, if you play management right you might become one of their favorites.

I don't know what it's really like out in the field, the clinics, distribution centers, or the regional offices. But this is pretty much how it is at corporate headquarters.

This company has been strategically buying up smaller competitors and vertical industry businesses - it is becoming one of the too big to fail companies. Don't know how this is going to pan out for the company or the industry or the patients. – less
Productive and nice workplace
Packer and Picker of drugs (Current Employee), Des Plaines, ILAugust 13, 2014
Pros: any
Cons: any
I'm lookin for a job in Pharmacy technician area. Fresinius Kabi is a nice workplace but I'm not hired by this company: I'm an associate of Manpower Group assigned to Fresinius Kabi. At Fresinius Kabi, a pharmaceutical manifacturer, I work since 2 years as temporary with a low wag of $10/hour. Insufficient to find an apartment for rent or to manage – more... life. In addition, Packer and Picker don't match my school level: I'm Pharmacy technician and I need a job in this area. Even in Fresinius Kabi. Thanks – less
great
CCHT / Dialysis Technician (Former Employee), mirmar beach flAugust 12, 2014
Had a fun atmosphere and great co-workers. Challenging but rewarding work. Loved the work experience.
Very productive and encouraged hard work, however very micro-managed.
Personal Account Representative (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAAugust 12, 2014
Pros: there were very good benefits and goals were clearly stated.
Cons: the management in my office had severe trust issues and micro-managed.
I learned a lot about discipline and hard work. I also learned how well specific goal-setting works for me.
Management in my particular office was great with just a few complaints. They had severe trust issues and micro-managed everything. Therefore, there was very little independence. They were very encouraging and tried to be very positive.
There – more... were bonuses given to reward hard work and achievement of goals.
Most of my coworkers were friendly and helpful but there were a few that gossiped and spread rumors, just like there are in almost any office of course. Some would gladly make others look bad if it made them look good. – less
Great training program
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 12, 2014
Pros: educational enhancement
Cons: low pay
Overall good company, lots of run for advancement within the company.
Very top heavy company
Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician (Current Employee), Maricopa, AZAugust 11, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: poor managment
Fresenius is a poorly managed company. Where the staff are punished for the inept upper management. They make the assumption that any RN can be a manager.
No decent raises
Full time Staff Nurse (Current Employee), Mesa, AZAugust 10, 2014
Pros: decent training
Cons: company more concerned for profits than people
There are serious problems that are not being addressed in management. The company is cutting benefits and not giving raises to employees to increase profits to shareholders with no regard for continuity of care or employee satisfaction.

1 2 3 4 5

About Fresenius Medical Care

Fresenius Medical Care North America (FMCNA) operates a network of more than 1,800 dialysis clinics located throughout the US. – Read more

Fresenius Medical Care Photos