Fresenius Medical Care Employee Reviews

Found 2,040 reviews matching the search
Fresenius is a good place to work
Senior Director of Internal Controls (Current Employee) –  Westchester, ILSeptember 20, 2017
I was with FMC for 6 years. During that time the emphasis has been on patient care and the well-being of the patient population. The company has reorganized itself more than once recently to better meet patient needs.
As great a place to work as any
Senior technician (Current Employee) –  Concord, CASeptember 19, 2017
This company offers great pay but on the slightly lower end for most positions. They really focus on helping you do your job well and staying there for a long time. Great place to gain experience and grow
Pros
very stable company
Cons
not alot of room to grow professionally
High Stress, Long Hours, High Turn Over, No Balance
Medical Assistant Hemodialysis Technician (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WASeptember 19, 2017
Everyone is very self serving. They discourage you if you aren't a fast enough learner. When most people they hire have never done this in their life. They promise that once you learn the job it will get easier. However, the opposite couldn't be more true. After the 10 week training you are thrust into taking care of patients all on your own, and I'm sure you think this is a typical medical setting. Wrong. You are working as early as 4:30 in the morning until 11 at night taking care of the same patients every day. Everything is time limited. If you cannot thrive under constant pressure this isn't for you. Work life and personal life is no balance. The manager I worked under told me to ignore my newly acquired back pain and knee pain as "it's part of the job and we make sacrifices for our careers" well.. for barely more than minimum wage it is not worth it. Do not work here. You will only wish you hadn't left the job you had prior and you'll spend your days on Indeed looking for something else.
Pros
Plenty of hours
Cons
Short Breaks Long hours Toxic Coworkers Unsupportive Management
It's a great company to work for.
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCSeptember 19, 2017
This company is a great company to work and gain experience. You have the tools to continually learn new and better ways of providing the best care to patients. You have the opportunity to assist and learn from your nurses, doctors and patients. You feel great and humbled in helping others live a healthier life.
Pros
Helping others.
Cons
Can be stressful.
fun place
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Westborough, MASeptember 18, 2017
its a nice environment not fair pace job, managers are ok it depends but the duties where very easy. Great work schedule good benefits I recommend this company.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
fair breaks
Great work company to work for.
Application Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 18, 2017
I was only a contractor but they treated me as one of the team. Everyone was very helpful. There was always good teamwork between all the different IT groups.
Pros
Great people to work with.
Cons
I was contract and it ended.
Fast-paced, patient orientated workplace
Unit secretary (Former Employee) –  TexasSeptember 18, 2017
I enjoyed the flexibility of my position as a secretary. The medical field and requirements for medical records change rapidly, so it's a challenging job that requires good organization.
good place to work
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LASeptember 18, 2017
I loved the job but the schedule I had did not accommodate a new born baby. My report time was 5:00 am and daycare did not open until 6:30am. It was really hard for me as a single parent.
Pros
Cons
Hours of operation want not the best
Fmc
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLSeptember 17, 2017
The company has its ups and downs just like most. Overall good. There is definitely money to be made within the company with room for advancement. Compensation is fair. Great education program.
very challenging job
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXSeptember 17, 2017
This job is not for the weak. The hardest part is working 16-18 hours a day, it is not easy work. It is hard to recover on your days off from such a long day. The best part of the job is that you are caring for some wonderful patients. If the company hired more people to work in one day it would take some of the load off the employees.
benefits
Cons
long hours, not enough staff
less hours and growth
Courier (Current Employee) –  Rockleigh, NJSeptember 16, 2017
dangerous due to uncontrolled situation but friendly co workers and management are professional. it was fun while it last. the Job is always busy but not given opportunity to work extra hours.
Pros
team building
Cons
dangerous due to uncontrolled situation such as accident on the road, not safe working as a driver.
Productive and fulfilled a vital role for diaysis patients
Insurance verification Specialist (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNSeptember 16, 2017
Fresenius is a good company to work for. They did have good compensation and benefits. It was great to feel like we were helping fulfill a vital role for dialysis patients
Pros
compensation, benefits, bonuses
Well rounded
Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 15, 2017
Overall, I would recommend for healthcare workers. There is a lot of advancement opportunities for RNs and Patient Care Technicians in this company to advance, if they choose to do so. Good work/life balance. You will get out of it what you put into it.
Pros
Lots of Turnover in Senior Management in recent years
Review
Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician (Current Employee) –  Blue Springs, MOSeptember 14, 2017
The job itself is a fulfilling and enjoyable job.
This job becomes highly un-ejoyable when corporate gives the technicians more job responsibilities and a higher patient load, with no extra pay or any kind of compensation for the changes and extra work that needs to be done.
Well Paced
Specimen Accessioner (Current Employee) –  Rockleigh, NJSeptember 13, 2017
They recently acquired Shiel; A diagnostic/ clinical lab; a lot of processes are stagnant and should be revise. Turn-over rate has been high lately; management should look into it
a little hectic but a decent place to work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 13, 2017
worked third shift, was able to work independently, learned a good bit about medical supply products and received entry level information on warehouse productivity
Pros
informative
Cons
were not many people working this shift, so time went by slow
okay
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COSeptember 12, 2017
company is okay to work for
very slow advancement
dead end job
just keep up with your files or you will fall behind and that's where it gets stressful
Pros
steady work
Cons
no advancement German company
Paid nicely at that time
Medicare Patient Account Rep (Former Employee) –  Westchester, ILSeptember 11, 2017
Would definitely work for Fresenius again however, they have relocated their business offices out of state. If they were to return to the Chicagoland area, would love to work for them again.
Pros
Great pay at that time
Cons
Office relocated out of state
dialyas
Dialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 11, 2017
I loved this job the company was great and it was a lot of advancement in this company. I worked here for 18 months and I enjoyed every min of it. I would recommend this job
Closing
Collections Specialist (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNSeptember 10, 2017
Enjoyed working with FMC, because of the people, not the company in general. I was able to learn and grow with this company because of co-workers. Benefits were ok, but the pay was good. Bonus were impossible because of corporate.
Pros
ability to grow
Cons
no loyality

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fresenius Medical Care. Our community is ready to answer.

Fresenius Medical Care Reviews by Location