Fresenius Medical Care Employee Reviews for Clinical Technician

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Great team environment
Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJune 27, 2017
Great opportunities. Educational reimbursements. Lots of educational opportunities. Team work environment. Room for advancement. Opportunities to teach others.
Not much room for advancement
Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 19, 2017
I worked here for 9 years. I do love the company. There's not much room for advancement unless you are will to go back to school. Dialysis is a rough career at first. You either love it or hate it.
Great company with clear goals. Management within the facility could be volatile..
Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Siler City, NCJune 14, 2017
Management within the facility I worked in allowed abuse of lower level employees by clinical manager and nurses. Upper management did not know about the issues because employees feared for their jobs if reported. The company itself was great to work for and upper management never made employees feel less than.
Pros
Developed great skills
Cons
Clinical Management
Great job horrible work environment
CCHT(Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician) (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJune 1, 2017
I love my job and the patients. The management in unprofessional and unfriendly. The benefits are pretty good but the HR department is a nightmare to deal with. they don't really show appreciation to their staff.
Pros
benefits are pretty good
Cons
horrible management
Management is awful!
Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Rhode IslandMay 17, 2017
No matter how hard you work, all of the overtime you do they don't even have the respect to say thank you! Always working short staffed! Staff is required to work 15 hour days without management even asking! Very heartless when it comes to any issues in your life! Your life has to revolve around the company and if not they just can you for no reason! Used to be a great company before clinical manager changed!
Cons
Short breaks, long hours, favoritism with senior staff! Medical coverage sucks!
A productive workplace
Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA 19124March 21, 2017
This was a good learning experience, another experience that I can say I learned greatly from. I believe that the hours worked a day were too many for me.
Pros
diversity and education
Cons
long hours, and heavy labor work.
productive, multitasking
CCHT- Clinically Certified Hemodialysis Technician (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 28, 2017
-Setting up patients machine along with all tools needed for patients treatment.
-Cannulating (or penetrating) patient's access.
-Monitoring patient's blood pressure every 30minutes, as well as making sure they are in good stable condition the whole treatment.
-Ensuring the clinic floor is safe and respectable for patients and staff.
-Attending to all patient’s needs.
-working as teammates, so really no individual working
Productive workplace
Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, MSJanuary 6, 2017
I learned alot here with a love and respect for what I was certified to do. Co- workers are team players. Great management.
Pros
exciting place to work
Cons
death
Enjoyed taking care of my patients
Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, MSJanuary 5, 2017
This was a very sad job due to the nature of the patient condition. Patients were there because they were in kidney failure. I had awesome co-workers. hardest part of the job was when a patient expired.
Cons
Short breaks, low pay
Great work experience
Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 3, 2017
12 hour shift schedule. Commute was not ideal. Parking was good. Co-workers were very helpful. Excellent benefits package. Uniforms provided.
it is a great company
Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 27, 2016
great company I only left because of focus on school. Great for people who like to work in the medical field. I would definitely go back if I had the chance in the future.
Pros
lots of hours
Cons
not very much time for school
Current management
Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXNovember 1, 2016
Current management doesn't seem to care for the staff or the patients. Don't care about feed back. What has been said in meetings that its always about the numbers.
Pros
Pto
Great place to work for
Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician (CCHT) (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 10, 2016
Fresenius Medical Care (FMC) is great company to work for. FMC is focusing in providing heath care to patients with chronic kidney failure.
Productive, fun and very learning experiance
Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician (CCHT) (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXJune 29, 2016
From 4 am to 10 pm, dialysis is a very knowledge based industry that deals with the lives of many that need treatment, from canulation to cleaning water, you learn the importance of caring for ones self and organs
Great Plce
Clinical Certified Hemodialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCJune 17, 2016
Enjoyed learned a lot in the medical field. Great place to grow. No downfalls no experience was needed on job training. I really love the people there.
I am still employed at FMC
Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALMay 4, 2016
I would like room for growth and the opportunity to do so within a company in which i truly believe in. I would like to work for a company that values it's customers as well as its employees.
They are number one in their industry!
Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLApril 29, 2016
A typical day is managing four patients during their hemodialysis treatments with the support of a registered nurse at one time. Then getting ready for the next set of four clients.
Pros
Large company with decent benefits.
Cons
Not much room for advancement unless you seek to enhance your education.
It was a good company
Certified clinical Hemodiaylisis technician (Current Employee) –  Abilene, TXMarch 9, 2016
Fresenius was good company up until recently. In the west texas area they cut our pay and extended our work days just for a new patient scheduling system. Now employee moral is at a all time low, and many are leaving.
Pros
Good insurance, pto
Cons
Upper management doesn't care about anything but profits
Great Benefits
Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAFebruary 11, 2016
Poor management at my location. Could do better with hiring qualified employees in upper positions. Starting pay could be bette over all.

Typical work day is very busy on MWF days. We treat approximately 60 patients on these days.

I am constantly learning something new in dialysis.

Management is awful. No backbone and there hasn't been much positive change. It is not a pleasant clinic to work at.

Hardest part of my job is shift changes. The new scheduling system has not been implemented and it went into effect September of 2015.

The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to laugh and have fun with my patients despite their illness. We have a good time during treatment. My goal for them is to have a successful stress free treatment and not go home exhausted.
benefits
Cons
poor management
Fun environment with Nurse and staff
Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician (Current Employee) –  Pearland, TXDecember 25, 2015
On a typical day we take care of patients while making it fun for them. Sometimes we listen to music and there is never a dull moment at the clinic. We have fun while being caring and professional.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fresenius Medical Care. Our community is ready to answer.

Fresenius Medical Care Reviews by Location