Fresenius Medical Care Employee Reviews for Dialysis Technician

dialyas
Dialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 11, 2017
I loved this job the company was great and it was a lot of advancement in this company. I worked here for 18 months and I enjoyed every min of it. I would recommend this job
Love the patients but hate the hours
Dialysis Technician (Current Employee) –  KYAugust 31, 2017
I love my job at fresenius and I love my patients but the hours are extremely hard especially if you have young kids. We have to be at work at 4 am and work until around 5:30pm, it sucks
Dialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHAugust 14, 2017
I was just starting my career as a Phlebotomist and believed that Fresenius was what I was looking for but If that is the line of work you want to go into then its a great job.
Pros
Great job
Cons
Was not what I was looking for
Productive and fun place to work.
CNA-Dialysis Technician (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJuly 18, 2017
Work is easy. A lot of down time. It gets busy during turn over. Always have teamwork. Dialysis is simple yet complex. A lot of things to learn. The most enjoyable part of the Job is when you make your patients happy when they leave the Dialysis clinic. Its very fulfilling.
Pros
A lot of down time.
Cons
Nothing.
My first job
(CCHT) Dialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 10, 2017
When I first started it was so exciting learning about dialysis. My goals were to continue to get education and move higher they only gave tuition reimbursement to folks that want to be nurses. I had other plans.
Pros
awesome benefits
Cons
pay less longer hours and no advancement other than to be a nurse
Not enough pay for job criteria.
Dialysis Technician (Current Employee) –  Goshen, INJuly 6, 2017
I would get up and go in at 5 a.m. and start setting up machines. After putting patients on, you have to prepare for the rest of your day by getting the stock you need, making packs for the next group, or getting ready to take off your current patients. I was the unlucky one who also was in charge of the water room so I would be the only one making acid, which is a twenty minute job and trying to find time to squeeze that in. Overall it is a decent job, but the pay isn't worth twelve hour days, keeping up certification, and the mandatory "required learning" that the company makes you do at least once a month. The management at the clinic I was at was a revolving door. The job itself was enjoyable, knowing you were helping sick people out.
Pros
helping the sick, knowledge gained.
Cons
Management/Corporate
Great job
Certified Dialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXJune 22, 2017
I loved working here due to all my knowledge and experience. I loved working in the medical atmosphere and taking care of patients. I loved learning about the kidneys and helping my patients understand it too.
Current Manager at Dover Delaware location is awesome.
Certified Hemo-Dialysis Technician, Preceptor (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEJune 21, 2017
Great Company , Lots of Overtime. Work place culture can be better. The hardest part of the job is the hours, having young children and being a single mother was hard to balance. Best part is the patient satisfaction.
very fast paced woke with early hours.
Dialysis Technician Lexington South Branch (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJune 18, 2017
it was nice to care for the same patients 3 days a week. My manager was fantastic. I loved the work but the compensation could have been more competitive
Very demanding position but also very good work environment
Dialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCJune 13, 2017
A typical work day begins at 5 a.m and ends at 5:30-6 p.m. Very demanding position. I learned a lot from the environment, very fast paced. I learned good time management.
Good company overall, good benefits
Dialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Baraboo, WIJune 8, 2017
An overall good company, good benefits, decent schedule. Only thing I thought was too crazy was they think one person can handle a pod of four people on dialysis machines, and get them all up and running in 15-20 min each. That's just insane, and near impossible. Oh, and don't ever work for the Baraboo branch - the employees there will harass you until you quit or transfer.
Pros
Benefits, schedule
Cons
Patient scheduling/timing, Baraboo branch
Clinic Setting
Certified Dialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Meridian, MSJune 2, 2017
Working at Fresenius Kidney Care has been an awesome experience. I really enjoyed meeting and working with the different cultures. Working with the agency I was given the opportunity to learn and grow as a recently graduate from Mississippi State University and I will forever be grateful for the experience because of Fresenius I'm a better team player.
Stressful
Certified Dialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 30, 2017
Techs have to do so much work and do not get compensated as they probably should be. the level of alertness needed for the amount of patients and other responsibilities can be overwhelming especially if you have coworkers who do not help you out.
Pros
Working only a few days a week
Cons
Low pay and hard work
Very educational
Dialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Crestwood, ILMay 16, 2017
The work volume is high and you must stay alert at all times , after all you're dealing with people's lives. Most centers are located in a stripe mall with is definitely a plus.
Pros
Continuous education
Loved my job
Dialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Kent, OHMay 1, 2017
* Amazing company to work for
* Learned a lot
* Loved helping the patients
* Loved how much I learned
* Amazing place to work if you love to learn on a daily basis
Great benefits and job security
Certified Dialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 21, 2017
Hard work and they were very good with continuing education. Learned to be a preceptor through training and really enjoyed teaching others what I learned through the years. Had some really good managers and really enjoyed being part a big corporation..
Pros
always had opportunities for continuing education. always able to work as many hours and I could
Cons
Frequent manager replacement
ok company to work for
Dialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAApril 19, 2017
they invest time and money to make sure u have proper training. the hours are a little rough but considering you are dealing with peoples lives its manageable
Too many politics going on
Dialysis Technician (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 13, 2017
To many politics. It's a good company to work for. One would like it if they meet and work with the right people, at times you have to know or be friends with someone to gets things done. Not my cup of tea
loved the patients
Certified Dialysis Technician (Current Employee) –  Euclid, OHApril 3, 2017
I enjoyed working for Fresenius. I loved the patients and employees.
Great opportunity. Not able to get overtime but was invited to work at other centers. learned a lot. was out of the field for a while Fresenius gave me an opportunity again. I'm ocdt and bonent
Loved this job
Dialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas Valley, NVMarch 13, 2017
Assisting patients get the health care that they need to continue life. Not to bad of an work environment, as long as you do the job that is involved.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fresenius Medical Care. Our community is ready to answer.

Fresenius Medical Care Reviews by Location