Fresenius Medical Care Employee Reviews for Registered Nurse

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Poor
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYSeptember 9, 2017
Very stressful environment with minimal ability to use my judgement as an experienced RN. Treatments were approached to meet the clearance data and were not patient focused
Hired for 40 hours but unable to work 40 hours.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Blue Island, ILSeptember 6, 2017
Management not very helpful when it comes to concerns on the unit. Unable to work the hours I was hired for. The dayshift staff gets alot of overtime but the pm staff can't make their hours.
Pros
location
Cons
hours
Fun workplace depending on the team
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Westminster, CAAugust 31, 2017
Great teamwork, patient becomes part of our family. Everyone is very friendly and understanding. Management tries to help staff manage life and work balance.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Not a good paying job for nurses
Hectic, toxic, managers don't care.
Hemodialysis RN (Former Employee) –  New JerseyAugust 19, 2017
Work environment is getting worst. Company doesn't really care whether clinic is staffed per regulations. Well, maybe... at times. In all honesty, RNs couldn't really assess patients as they really should because time does not allow them. With 3 patients to put on, and total of 9 patients to assess within a 4 1/2 hour time period.... how?
Pros
Medical insurance.
Cons
Overworked RNs. Turn over time should be for a super hero, not a human being.
Long Hours/ Great Patients
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCAugust 11, 2017
The company itself has a lot of great benefits. The pay is reasonable compared to other jobs in the area. Working closely with patients makes it fun. Management at the clinic I was at was uncoordinated. The hours and expansive job duties are horrific, often 14 hour days/5 days a week- despite what being told when I accepted the job. Supervision of several technicians while watching and being responsible for 20 plus patients at a time, passing medications, coordinating with providers and making appointments is a bit scary- everyday could be the last for your license as many of the technicians are unexperienced/undertrained. There is 6 weeks PTO available each year to start, however, it is very difficult to get any time off to use it.
Nice place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Neenah, WIAugust 8, 2017
Typical day starts around 0500-5030, first patient comes in around 0545. Assess patient, address any issues related to dialysis, and give meds. Then do it all over again for 2nd group of patient.

Staff is good. Management is good. Patients are so-so, they can get a little annoying but tolerable. It isn't a back breaking job. Can get fast paced but then it can also become slow paced.

Overall, nice place to work at.
Pros
Work 4 days out of the week.
Cons
Too early
great place
RN (Former Employee) –  Muskogee, OKAugust 2, 2017
You have to be a specific type of person to work in dialysis, it's not for everyone but it is a good company, financially strong, vertically integrated
Love the patients!
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Eveleth, MNJuly 28, 2017
I worked 10 hour shifts, 40 hours a week. The unit had a high turn over of staffing. The patients were wonderful people! Loved my co-workers, we had lots of laughs and always made it the most difficult shifts with a smile!
Pros
No advancement
Cons
Understaffed
Excellent staff nice work environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Quincy, MAJuly 26, 2017
Currently working at this clinic. Excellent staff and great work environment. Hours are convenient with my personal life. I began my career in dialysis as a patient care technician and then went to school to become a registered nurse. I love the work I do and the patients I care for and take great pride in making them comfortable and happy in their difficult situation.
very fast paced
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Weston, WVJuly 10, 2017
dialysis techs do much of patient care. very fast paced to get patients in and out so afternoon patients get on hemodialysis quickly. benefits not bad
Na
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Selma, ALJuly 6, 2017
Great benefits but don't always get it full time hours u are hired for. Company is more about their profit than patient care. Needs to have better staffing
they work you to death
RN (Former Employee) –  Florissant, MOJune 23, 2017
I went to work in the chronic setting and then to acutes. In acutes it is often a switch and bait scenario. They tell you what you want to hear to get you in and once they have you there, they own you. I have seen nurses leave crying. You never know when your off time will be.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
no work/life balance
Safe care enviornment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Rio Grande Cy, TXJune 8, 2017
They staff is very friendly and caring. You build a close professional and patient relationship with the patients due to the dialysis schedule. The work hours are long.
fair pay
Orientation and Training, Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 8, 2017
fair pay, challenging job, on call duty required in home therapy, incorporates home care components and case management skills, requires EMR skills and ability to access clients' charts to manage care
unorganized
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 7, 2017
Dialysis is not my specialty which I learned fast. It was very unorganized, and I didn't have a direct manager for a while. They rushed me off training because they were so short staffed and I was along within a facility doing treatments. It was also hard to know how many hours you would get in acutes. One day you can have 1 patient treatment (3 hour min) and the next day you have 4 treatments. So your pay check and pockets could suffer any any given moment. Too slow for me also.
The hardest part of the job
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Huber Heights, OHMay 29, 2017
The early starts were the only big drawbacks of working for Fresenius Medical Care. The facility I worked for was well staffed, the management was fantastic and there was a positive work culture.
Loved the job
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsMay 9, 2017
Good place to work, enjoyed the company and other team members. The benefits could use some improvement. Working 3 days a week is a great benefit. I would go back.
Pay ok, hours too much for full time
RN (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsMay 5, 2017
The pay is a little bit better for a new nurse, compared to public health center or nursing homes. However, you may be working 12-16 hr shifts. The 16 HR shifts were the worst. Your entire day was gone. Management might play favorites in the schedule. No room for advancement. Tough, fast paced environment. Be prepared to not sit much or at all. Some shifts were difficult to have a moment to sit to do nursing notes because you might be the only nurse on duty or only one of two. Also not enough computers for work, techs would often hog the computers doing non work online searches. You do all the pt assessments and meds while trying to dialyze your 3 pts each shift. If the clinic you want to work in does not assign you pts to dialyze then it would be a good job for long term. This is an important thing to ask...will you be dialyzing patients every shift? Many dialysis clinics don't have nurses dialyzing the pts, just techs. Which is much more reasonable with all the other stuff the nurse has to do. Maybe consider acute care dialysis because that is one on one in the hospital. Better hours and easier assignments.
Pros
Some free lunches/breakroom parties, pay better than nursing homes
Cons
Pay raises are in change, as in 40 cents. Long hours, always on your feet, fast paced stressful job.
Stressful
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Latrobe, PaApril 21, 2017
Overall, the job is stressful. As a RN working in the facility, you take on a lot of responsibilities. You have to feel secure with the techs working under you, but this can be difficult. Also, if an employee is not completing the required tasks, the company does not terminate.
enjoyable experience
RN Travel Nurse (Former Employee) –  Avondale, AZApril 19, 2017
high workload and your day was constantly bombarded with staff issues that often were not handled by upper management. lots of room for growth within the company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fresenius Medical Care. Our community is ready to answer.