Fresenius Medical Care Employee Reviews

Found 1,675 reviews matching the search
Job is interesting and educational
Bio-Med Tech 1 (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NC 28216February 13, 2017
Excelent Company to work for. good employee managment communications, fair pay, many advancment oppertunities. many location United States wide.great benefits package.
Pros
Friendly, Comprahensive open door policy.
Cons
some times heavy work load...sometimes.
Productive and fast paced work environment
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 13, 2017
A typical day at Fresenius is very fast paced and productive. Friendly environment and well organized. I learned from Fresenius's education department that taught me the theory and clinical side of dialysis. Management could have been more stable. The hardest part of the job is mortality. The best part of the job is patients.
Pros
Benefits and free lunches
Cons
short breaks and not parent friendly
Run
PCT (Patient Care Technician) (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAFebruary 12, 2017
Positively the worst place I have ever worked. Mgmt is only present physically in this highly dysfunctional place. Power struggle amongst all of the staff, backbiting is a constant, and overtime/working while ill is an expectation. Training is supposed to occur while mentor has full-patient load (therefore poor preparation, at best). Staff is unprofessional, shouting at each other all day, mocking co-workers if they sense weakness, disappearing from the floor w/o notice and not returning for 40-50 minutes. It is pointless to ask the mgr to correct any of the glaring weaknesses, you will be let go in a heartbeat. Four coworkers and I were hired at about the same time, and we all quit about two months later as it was clear this is a VERY BAD PLACE TO WORK!!
Pros
Can go outside on breaks
Cons
Everything else!
This company is not competitive with compensation.
Staff RN (Trained Charge Nurse) (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 11, 2017
Company offer low compensation. The do not care about patient ratio. Over work the staff. Company's raise for yearly evaluation low. Poor management does not care about staff exhausted only about quantity and profit.
Pros
some benefits especially tuition assistance.
Cons
Management, salary pay
Challenging, fair, and rewarding.
Patient Care Technician/CCHT (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 10, 2017
FMC taught me everything, treated me extremely well. The staff felt like a family were everyone had each others backs. Clean and safe workplace, and the company really cares for it's patients under their ultracare.
Pros
Great Benefits, Healthy workplace, great managers
Cons
n/a
normal productive day at facility.
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Kentucky and,GAFebruary 10, 2017
open dialysis center on daily basis according to schedule. assessment of pt access, calcul pt fluid intake. complete pt tx records, reinforce pt care.do water checks every 3 hours, plan pt activities durn tx hours and outside clinic.i also work with social worker and dietitians to identify and educate .
Great Company
Medicare Collections specialist (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZFebruary 10, 2017
Great company to work for with job security. Lots of training for new hires. The work hours were from 7:30 to 3:30 which worked great for me since I have a family to take care of.
Pros
great benefits
A nice experience but needs a little work with management
Certified Dialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYFebruary 9, 2017
A typical day is ok. It can be overwhelming at times but you just have to have patience. I love my co workers but the management need work because the manager was trying to be friends with everyone and that can become a con.
To ensure all patients receive safe care
Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 9, 2017
Provide operations oversight for 6 clinics. Work to motivate employees through educational materials, on the job training. I enjoy the contact with the patients and the team. I enjoy providing regulatory oversight.
stable work environment
CCHT (Former Employee) –  columbus, msFebruary 8, 2017
I enjoyed working with the patients, and the logistics was fine, however, I had problems with management. New at the position, management was all over the place.
Pros
steady work
Cons
inconsitant manager
working hours are almost always the same
Facility Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miramar Beach, FLFebruary 7, 2017
This clinic allows people to plan a week at a time. The clinic is open 6 days a week. Most employees work 3 full 12 hour days and one half day.
benefits
Cons
get close to patients who are terminal
empire fruit company went out of business
CASH POSTER (Former Employee) –  Queen Creek, AZFebruary 6, 2017
processed a/p, a/r, payroll, filed state and federal payroll reports, cost accounting for crops and the sales of citrus fruit.
Patients are the best. Managment not so much
Dialysis Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MIFebruary 5, 2017
I see my patients more than I see my family in a typical week. Fresenius expects us not to have professional relations. Its hard to care for someone when you see them more than they see their own family and not get close. Company is good with education and training. Management at Jackson facility needs to be looked into.
Pros
Patients, Training
Cons
Clinical Manager
Horrible work place and company!!!!!
Hemodialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Union, NJFebruary 5, 2017
This company doesn't care about they staff at all. They will fire you over a patient. Because the patient is the bread and butter , the worse unit I work at was the Fmc in union on rahway Ave. please don't not work there they turn over rate is high. They work the staff in there like slaves and only protect there own people. The patients in there are nasty and very disrespectful, the manger doesn't have you back at all, she'll throw you under the bus and fight for you. Worst clinic ever
Pros
Short shifts
Cons
2008k machine, pay, ozone having to be done by techs
Great compensation and work hours
Renal Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 4, 2017
Although this assignment was a temporary assignment, I enjoyed being a part of the multidisciplinary team. I learned a lot about Renal Disease affects
Interesting experience
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAFebruary 3, 2017
The job was a last minute assignment with a 12 1/2 hour drive. I was unable to find an apartment in the area to rent. It is a very expensive area.The project was cancelled at moments notice. I enjoyed the people I worked with however it was a costly assignment. The company I was assigned through was tricky to deal with.
Challenging workplace with a difficult work environment.
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRFebruary 3, 2017
Best equipment, constantly on the top of needed changes to ensure the best of the latest technology to offer employees what they need to get the job done.
Office Management was not open to well being of the employees and did not avoid a toxic environment in the office.
Pros
Corporate was fair and generous in bonuses and benefits.
Cons
Office Management did not ensure a well being environment for employees.
Bad experience
Senior Plasma Center Technician (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIFebruary 3, 2017
Fresenius in Appleton is a nice facility, but the management is lacking. Does not care about their employees, or their restrictions they have. Plays favorites, no room for advancement unless you become an RN, and even then, they only have room for 3 or 4 of them.
great place
Dialysis Technician (Current Employee) –  miami floridaFebruary 2, 2017
great place. good hours. good benefits. good team wotk. good manager. good patients. good nurses. good pay. good time. good all in general/ good education. good training team
Great benefits!
Team Lead in the Central Verification Department (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZ 85210February 2, 2017
Overall, FMC was a great place to work for. My best advice is to speak up if you want to grow or advance. The paid time off was amazing and the salary wasn't too bad. I learned a lot about leadership and how valuable is can be to work as a team to accomplish common goals. The workplace culture was dependent on who your manager was. Some departments were very tight knit and others seemed like they hated their life. The hardest part of the job was knowing there was never an end in sight but that also meant job security. The most enjoyable part was being part of a team that was always willing to help. By team, I am including my amazing supervisor that worked side by side with us and didn't bat an eye when it came to helping us achieve our goals. She was never above helping out with entry level work. If I ever moved back to that area, I would gladly return to work at FMC, given the opportunity.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fresenius Medical Care. Our community is ready to answer.

72%