Fresenius Medical Care Employee Reviews

A Day In The Life Of a Technician
Dialysis Technician (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 6, 2017
As a Dialysis Technician you are in a fast paced environment where attention to detail is imperative..Timing is also a very important issue..A good tech always plans ahead
Poor Management
Personal Care Technician (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsDecember 5, 2017
Poor Management! Patient to staff ratio makes patient care suffer and sometimes dangerous. Poor patient safety has made me leave the medical field after years.
Intellectually stimulating environment with many perks
Dialysis Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSDecember 5, 2017
Fresenius was a good company to work for. There were many meetings with intensive training. The company had numerous perks for employees. I would highly recommend the company to others.
Another subpar Organization
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNDecember 4, 2017
Once again I faced disappointment in our health care system in America. A first rate country with a poor health care provider. I have learned throughout my nursing career, that quality of care is not what is sought after in our Health Care System. The Almighty Dollar is what is first and foremost. However, I carry on to find the sliver in the lining of this cloud of Health Care.
dialysis
Acute Dialysis Technician (Current Employee) –  Newnan, GADecember 4, 2017
A typical day at work is working with the patients, nursing staff and doctors to treat patients with kidney disease. I have learned a lot about dialysis.
They take care of their employees
LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLDecember 4, 2017
The company genuinely cares for their employees and will do what they can to assist them in a time of need. Was provided with water, gas, generator/hotel expenses during Hurricane Irma and received financial assistance when denied short term disability for maternity leave. The hardest part of the job is when you lose a patient, but the most rewarding part is getting to know them. You generally work a 12-14 hour shift, but only work 3 or 4 days a week. Management is great and works with employees to keep a good work and home life balance.
Workplace Culture
Dialysis Technician (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VADecember 3, 2017
I haven't had any problems while employed with FKC. Team work makes the dream work. Management has been fair thus far. My patients admire my hard work and dedication.I have learned my way with the technical areas within the company. The hardest part of the job is noticed when understaffed. The most enjoyable times at work is when everyone works together making the patients happy and comfortable.
Loved It
Account Rep (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TX 75701December 3, 2017
This job was amazing, hated having to leave ! And the pay was AMAZING!!!! People were great. Every weekend and holiday off! What more could you ask for?
great company but the poorest biased management
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Independence, MODecember 1, 2017
when I first started with the company, the manager that hired me was great, scheduled fairly, and was very pleasant. The new manager, is one of the floor nurses, that has moved up, so she has worked with the other employees, and shows a lot of favoritism to them, and schedules those employees that are new, or that she does not care for, very unfairly, such as reduces hours to barely make 40 hours a week, and every saturday, when the others only are scheduled for 2, as agreed upon during hiring process, and she is so hateful and unprofessional.She is a horrible manager.
Pros
nice pay, great benefits
Cons
horrible management
Rn
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  travel aroundDecember 1, 2017
people were great. i loved it , besides one manager.

im ready to come back to work full time, staff was great, busy or not, I ready liked this job
Would like to work again for Fresenius.
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDNovember 30, 2017
Enjoyed my time while employed with Fresenius. Patients were
friendly. Commute was tolerable. Staff and management were
fair and knowledgeable. Work was fast paced.
Pros
Taught me how to do dialysis
Cons
sometimes hard to get unrequested time off
Would of been a great place but managent from top wont help with issues
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VANovember 30, 2017
Multi cultural atmosphere where people are friendly and well advanced in what they do as well the developmental skills. Fmc is a place to stay . I would definitively recommend it to friends and colleagues .Unfortunatley no longer work for company ,transfered to a different state due to husband marine corps oders ,fmc lost all tranfer papers havent been able to get in since 2008 require job training over and still cant find me in system .Gave up on trying
Pros
Can move up in company benefits great
Cons
recent organizational change made me re-evaluate my situation.
Good for the experience ONLY
Insurance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  TexasNovember 29, 2017
Management is passive and believes we can do anything without adequate pay. There’s no fairness in this position. It is a lot to learn but because the supervisor doesn’t understand how to say no to other members of operations. Every other discipline is recognized by FKC but the Insurance Coordinator.
Pros
The ability to work from home and travel
Cons
Bonuses are based off of performance but the criteria is always changing and no respect.
Productive, amazing staff and managment
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCNovember 28, 2017
I loved my job, I had the best clinic managers who really worked with me because I had some issues I needed to fix, the crew I worked with were helpful and caring, the work is challenging at times but thats why I loved it so much, I loved my patients and I know they loved me, I really miss working at Fresenius and if given the chance I would go back in a heartbeat
Pros
great managment, very understanding, great coworkers
Cons
short breaks, needed more training in water room
Managment was terrible
Associate Support Specialist (Call-Center Setting) (Former Employee) –  Concord, CANovember 28, 2017
My supervisors were terrible and in the call center setting there was a lot of favoritism.

I worked in the troubleshooting department for dialysis, overall you are helping those in need with kidney failure, so that in itself was rewarding.

I learned phone etiquette.

Hardest part of the job was the hours and dealing with management, other than that it was fun; although, learning everything was challenging.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Bad managment. Tardy Policies, Mandatory Holiday Work.
Accommodating schdule
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Rockleigh, NJNovember 28, 2017
A typical day at work was very relaxing and pay was generous compared to other companies. The manager was willing to help and make changes to better the work environment.
Enjoy the staff
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYNovember 28, 2017
I enjoy the staff that I work with. I enjoy assisting them in there needs. The management has been lacking in this area for several years. There has been 2 manager turn overs since I took this position.
Pros
Staff
The Greenwood Village location
Patient Intake Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Greenwood Village, CONovember 28, 2017
The work is really great and rewarding - just the pace of the call center is not for everyone. The job descriptions do not include Call Center.
The opportunity to learn the dialysis health care industry is there, and they have developed some pretty tools for getting the job done.
Poor Management
Biomedical Technician I (Former Employee) –  Opelousas, LANovember 27, 2017
Did not have a great experience with this company. Terrible working hours and poor management. If your looking for a place to enjoy working at and wanting to move up, this is not the place for you.
Benefits
better than davita
Acute Hemodialysis RN (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 27, 2017
Fresenius is a great company. I have worked at Fresenius and Davita, Fresenius is better to work at in my opinion. Better benefits, lower patient to staff ratio, better pay.
Pros
pay
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fresenius Medical Care. Our community is ready to answer.