Fresenius Medical Care Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,453 reviews matching the search
Management and Some of the staff were not great at all.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCJuly 6, 2016
I worked for this company for a couple of months and decided to walk. The supervisor was horrible, she did everything the mean nurse told her to do. No back bone at all, they treated me great at first until I was working for them then the true colors showed. The nurse mad statements to the Caucasians patients like did you get treated like a second class citizen by her, and when it was told to the supervisor she just blew it off. After I spoke up to the nurse who by the way everyone just about left the company because of her and the supervisor knows it, the treatment got worse so I decided to walk without further notice.
Pros
good pay
Cons
horrible supervisory efforts.
Under paid, to long of hours, not appreciated
Ccht (Current Employee) –  Crossville, TNJuly 6, 2016
This place is a horrible place to work for they don't appreciate none of the employees at all. You work 12 to 14 hours a day and it's really sad when the patients complain that we are working to much. They also don't staff enough so you are working two jobs constantly it's ridiculous
Pros
Cons
Short staff not enough pay
Helping People with their Kidney Disease
CCHT/Unit Sec. (Current Employee) –  Apopka, FLJuly 6, 2016
have worked here for 22 years, I think that says something about the company. Great benefits. Knowing your helping people is a plus.
Pros
helping people
Cons
big turn over on staff
Excellent Company
QA Analyst (Performance/ Automation) (Former Employee) –  Lexington, MAJuly 5, 2016
I sincerely enjoyed working with business intelligence, HR, clinical as well as financial services departments and helping them automate various web based tests.
Pros
Supportive Teams
Cons
Not much advancement opportunities
good compensation and benefits
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  MSJuly 5, 2016
Good company to work for. Good support, and benefits. Training opportunities' and CE's available. Some travel, but compensation is provided.
Productive, fun and very learning experiance
Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician (CCHT) (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXJune 29, 2016
From 4 am to 10 pm, dialysis is a very knowledge based industry that deals with the lives of many that need treatment, from canulation to cleaning water, you learn the importance of caring for ones self and organs
For Profit company is for upper management profit
Medical Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Southern MichiganJune 25, 2016
Best part of the job is working with the patients and as a part of interdisciplinary team. Worst part is being managed by RN's who think of social work as case management and have little understanding of empowering dialysis patients and the psychotherapeutic process. If you want me to do social work like an RN, why not hire RN's? The company tends to staff on a "bare bones" approach so that if someone is off work for any reason, the team is short staffed. When I take time off, I have to complete the work needed during my absence before leaving and then find other social workers to cover for me. In spite of this, I enjoy some wonderful coworkers and find the work with the patients meaningful.
Pros
Flexibiltiy in hours and some great coworkers.
Cons
Tendency to be short staffed and managed by people with little understanding of MSW training.
very fun team
Java/J2EE Developer (Former Employee) –  Harrison, NJJune 24, 2016
we had very fun in work location and also with my team members
but very strict manager management was supportive towards employee
Lied to at every point
RN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  OregonJune 24, 2016
I worked for this company for one full year at which time I tendered my resignation based on fear. Management cut corners at every opportunity. My promised orientation was cut short by 6 weeks. They changed which clinic I was going to work for, going from a 10 chair unit to a 16 chair unit. We were told in orientation that the ratio of pt to RN's was 12/1, but when I was place in a 16 chair clinic all of a sudden it was ok for me to cover an addition 8 patients a day. I was hired for part time work. When it was apparent that I was going to be working a minimum of three 12 hour shifts a week which equals full time, I request several times for full time benefits, there are no benefits for part time. I worked there a year at 40-60 hours a week for a full year and never was given benefits. At times my "10 hour" shift was from 5:45 am- 7 or 8 pm. Long, long days. I was asked not to clock in, so that many of the hours I worked were not paid for. The PCT's working under me, I noted were doing the same thing. For fear of having overtime, they were starting work, working an hour or more and then clocking in, or clocking out and then working an additional hour or more. They had very clear company policies on medications given to us in orientation, in reality many of the policies were being violated. After trying several attempts at reporting the problems to corporate I quit to save my license and my preserve my professional integrity. Though I loved the job, the work, my patients, the level of technology needed to do the job and the potential this job had, it was apparent that the bottom  more... line for this company was profits.  less
Pros
High level of technology, ability to get to know patients and your support staff well
Cons
Unpaid work time, too much overtime, training/orientations cut short at every point, long long hours.
lots of overtime
Charge Nurse, RN (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 21, 2016
good when it comes to salary compared to lots of other companies.

lots of work to be done.

The company has education geared for advancement in the company.
Pros
great salary and raises
Cons
work hours vary depending on the need of the unit.

Want to know more about Fresenius Medical Care?

Ask a question
A good company to work with overall
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJJune 21, 2016
Every day is busy, but not so much as to be overwhelming. My manager is great and fair, and I have a good relationship with my co-workers. We work well together. Being understaffed is the hardest part of the job. Even so, the most enjoyable part of the job is helping our patients get better.
Horrible place to work!!!!
Hemodialysis Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  NJJune 20, 2016
I was so excited to start working there, up until the people in the clinic I was assigned to started to show their true colors. The training was sub-par, mainly because the only nurse allowed to train people is the charge nurse and she doesnt even have time to use the bathroom. There was this german nurse who never smiled and yelled at everyone all the time and this one tech seemed like she was always on a power trip and could never be wrong. I would only recommend this place if you like people talking behind your back and working long hours being treated like dirt.
Pros
NONE
Cons
Horrible, horrible, horrible company to work for!
Patient Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJune 19, 2016
The training is fabulous but misleading. The employee's are AWESOME! 90% of management is AWFUL! Management practices are VERY disruptive and insensitive! Don't know Fresenius' CEO, but since he is a reflection/extension of the company practices, he is AWFUL too and no one should approve of what is going on there. Anytime a company has an annual turnover rate of 40+ people (including team leads & supervisors), then something is EXTREMELY wrong. WARNING: Don't leave a secure job for this one; this is a SLUM-employer!
Pros
Doing the work itself, is VERY rewarding!
Cons
The benefits, the unnecessary constant disruptions
Overworked and underpaid
AA/ CCHT (Former Employee) –  NC, MS, LAJune 19, 2016
Management was pathetic. No team work. Obvious favoritism. Harassment and belittled by management. Too bad I didn't record it!
Great Plce
Clinical Certified Hemodialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCJune 17, 2016
Enjoyed learned a lot in the medical field. Great place to grow. No downfalls no experience was needed on job training. I really love the people there.
Microbiological Technician
Microbiological Technician (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTJune 16, 2016
I was hired as a temporary technician to replace employees as they travel across the country to train new employees at the new facility. I would perform environmental sampling, test microbiological bio burden of raw materials and bulk pharmaceuticals, test for bacterial endocrine contamination, and enter copious amounts of data. I had to follow SOPs that strictly adhere to FDA regulations. My work ended after all of the new employees in Tennessee were trained.
long hours, stressful, not enough pay
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Columbus, MSJune 14, 2016
We are always understaffed, can complicate things with patients. overworked and underpaid. Management most of the time doesn't know what is going on. Early going in and leaving super late was my main concern.
Pros
patient contact
Cons
short breaks, low wages, long hours
To much OT
Production Associate / Assembler (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAJune 12, 2016
To much OT. I was required to work 18 hrs. OT mandatory. I had no free time for my granddaughter. Also, the other employees were very "clickish"
Ok place to work
Administrative Assistant/ CCHT (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLJune 9, 2016
Benefits are great. Compensation could be greater as the company is internatnional. Great work environment and management is easy to work with.
good company
Office Manager, Administration (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 8, 2016
My job entails answering multi line phones, payroll, patient admissions, SAP, ordering janitorial supplies and medications, crown web, multiple IT jobs, helping others when they can't understand how to do things on the computer.

Good company, but, I can't advance. Need a job closer to home. Have to get out of health care, just can't take it anymore.
Pros
Good boss
Cons
Overworked, new jobs added every day

Fresenius Medical Care Reviews by Location