Fresenius Medical Care Employee Reviews

Found 1,294 reviews matching the search
Great Work Environment
Fresenius Contract Consultant, Regulatory Affairs (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAJanuary 14, 2016
This is a wonderful company and the teams offer a great experience in promoting their products in detailing the needs of regulatory affairs.
Senior Billing & Verifications PAR (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 13, 2016
Daily work flow. Correcting errors on claim and submitting, review & Auditing. How to manage my time with all the day to day work. I really enjoyed my co-workers and managers. I have learn a lot in the pat of 11 years at Fresenius Medical Care. My hardest part about my job is leaving the company.
Pros
Family Oriented, laid back, work flow
Cons
short breaks, no job security, no room for advancement
Job in general
Dialysis Technician (BONNET) (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 12, 2016
Provide tx to chronic renal failure pts from begining to end. I learned to prioritize and work independently and as a team.
Management not available at all times but able to perform all the duties required.
The most enjoyable part of the job is doing what I like, patient care.
Pros
Self scheduling as possible.
Cons
Not having a physical HR office to contact when need it, Really hard to solve any employees issues due to the absence of local office.
Great Company
par (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 11, 2016
Coworkers are nice
Hardest thing about the Job was nothing.
I enjoyed what I did and the employees.
Layback atmosphere
Not micro-managed
Pros
Benefits, Pay, Great Company
Cons
Layed off
FMC Biomed Hard work for decent pay.
Biomedical Technician (Former Employee) –  Ottumwa, IAJanuary 10, 2016
Your typical day as a Bio-medical tech will include a couple of monthly, quarterly, bi-annual, and or annual preventative maintenance checks. Maybe a dialysis machine repair or two, depending on the upkeep prior to your taking responsibility for it.

Learned how to repair and perform preventative maintenance on dialysis machines, Reverse osmosis machines, pre-water treatment ancillaries.

Most of your time is self managed with new challenges presented regularly.

Your co-workers will mostly consist of nursing staff, Social workers, and dietitians.

The hardest part of working for FMC is the constant changing hands of responsibilities and taking on more with same pay and less time.

The most enjoyable part of this job is the freedom to manage your own time and responsibilities
Pros
Decent pay, benefits, Freedom
Cons
Long hours, Large responsibility load, and overly superior superiors
Enjoyable moments
Area Assistant to the Regional Vice President (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, NJJanuary 6, 2016
Some of the most rewarding times I've had working with Fresenius was to help with patients and knowing that I had put a smile on their faces along with how much of an impact I made on the patients life. Its one of the greatest gifts you can experience.
Fast paced work place
patient care technician (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJanuary 6, 2016
Controlled water systems chemical balance for patient safety.
Accessed patients sites for dialysis treatment.
Disinfected dialysis machines at the end of day.
Pros
satifaction of knowing you are helping people to live longer
Cons
long work hours
I have always loved coming to work.
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rhode Island, RIJanuary 5, 2016
The only reason I am looking for another job is because of consolidation and layoffs. Fresenius Medical Care has always been a great company to work for.
only cares about the bottom line, not so much about their employees or pt's
RN (Current Employee) –  New HampshireJanuary 4, 2016
very hard work day. learned much about dialysis, management only cares about the bottom line. Your work is never done. Most enjoyable , the people that I have met, and awesome people I work with .
Provided with inaccurate information.
RN-Nephrology-Staff and Home Therapies (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTJanuary 4, 2016
Provided with inaccurate information in regard to future advancement. Advancement time lines and job duties changed frequently. Job hired for phased out and advancement for desired position no longer available .
FMC
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Evans, GAJanuary 2, 2016
My absolute favorite place I've every worked. This was the best clinic I have ever been into. The people there were educated and willing to educate others. Very enjoyable.
Working with Patients
CS Sr. Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Waukegan, ILJanuary 2, 2016
Typical day taking phone calls from nurse and patient working on prescription. Taking patients order for medication. I enjoy working with my co-worker.
Very rewarding work.
Medical Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, GADecember 28, 2015
Very rewarding work. Very good work hours. Added to my skill set. Enjoy working with co worker as a team. Management is receptive. The most difficult part of the job is making sure all patients are served and realizing sometimes you may not have the resources that the patients need.
My expierence at the work place.
PATIENT CARE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Merrionette Park, ILDecember 26, 2015
This company is a place where my qualifications can make a difference in my patient's life.My goal as a PCT with Ultra Care is to put the patients quality of care my number one priority. I accomplished this goal by working side by side with my teammates.
Pros
Positive patients, good management, clean enviornment, excellent team players.
Cons
Uncooperative patients
Fun environment with Nurse and staff
Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician (Current Employee) –  Pearland, TXDecember 25, 2015
On a typical day we take care of patients while making it fun for them. Sometimes we listen to music and there is never a dull moment at the clinic. We have fun while being caring and professional.
Pay could be better for the amount of scrutiny/regulation and constant training/testing employees are expected to endure.
Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician (CCHT) (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEDecember 19, 2015
I just think there is a lot of pressure put on technicians and that better performance and compliance could be gained by giving more incentive($) to them.

The hours are long, but there is flexibility in scheduling. Still, the long hours wear on the technicians.

The hardest part of the job is maintaining compliance and meeting expectations considering all of the constraints.

The best part of the job is the people, patients and staff...getting to help improve the quality of life for other people.
Productive business place
CCHT Dialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 19, 2015
I love this job I do patient care. I only thing really dislike is no bonuses to employees no incentives offered. Awesome benefits
Pros
Awesome benefits
Cons
One works long hours and no growth to move up the laddder unless one is a Nurse
Fun and fullfilling work experience
Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Zebulon, NCDecember 16, 2015
Work place was wonderful. Thoroughly enjoyed patient care time and pay. Never would have left if new management had not brought work moral down so low. New management made for poor work environment.
Pros
Patient Care
Cons
Short breaks
Great Place for and expand
Medical Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 15, 2015
Great Company to Work For. Management was great!
Everyone very understanding of life events. There is so much to learn from everyone here and you can always find with any questions needed.
Pros
Great Team to work with
Patient Care
Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Milford, DEDecember 14, 2015
Fresenius Medical Care allowed me the opportunities to excel in the dialysis field. There were always learning opportunities weather it be on the computer or from people coming to the unit and teaching employees. The hardest part of the job was losing a patient. The best part of the job was making the patients smile and laugh and be happy.