Fresenius Medical Care
1,124 reviews

Fresenius Medical Care Employee Reviews

proving need for patients to sustain life
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 30, 2015
Pros: working with patients
Cons: lack of staff for resources
Early start, enjoy being able to provide a valuable service to patients dealing with such crisis, teamwork a must, fast pace
great company
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCApril 28, 2015
I really enjoyed working at this pack the people there are kind and they also provide lunch for you daily one of the down sides of this company is its very fast pace you may do 50 people I one day not including doctor visits but over all great place
Ok place to start but do not stay long term
Acute Biomedical Technician I (Former Employee), Grand Blanc, MIApril 28, 2015
Pros: Ok place to start
Cons: management, compensation, unorganized, high turn over rate
Worked for Fresenius for 2 years then took a job for a hospital biomed. Within that 2 years, witnessed 7 people come and go in the technical department alone. Countless other nurses and PCT's leaving on the clinical side. Very high turn over rate. Company does nothing to keep good employees. Company is very unorganized. No room for growth or advancement. Management has unrealistic expectations and does nothing to help. With that being said, company is an ok place to start if your looking to get into dialysis or the biomedical field if you have no degree but only make this company a stepping stone. Do not recommend making your career here long term.
Learning about water room
Medical Assistant, Nurse assisitant, PCT (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIApril 28, 2015
Pros: lunchous with venders
Cons: nothing
Learning new things with the water room and making sure that you had to learn who was on the right Dialyzer . The hardest part the job was the water room.
Summary
Dialysis Dietitian (Current Employee), Mishawaka, INApril 28, 2015
Pros: Benefits
There are pros and cons to this company. The benefits are good, room for advancement and the environment varies by location. They are a big company and the bottom line is dollar cost.
An active sometimes strainous workplace, not a job for everyone.
Dialysis Technician (Former Employee), Elkton, MDApril 25, 2015
Pros: Great health beneifits good insentives
Cons: long hours pay is decent but could be more for the amount of work and time at job
This is a job where if you love to help others this will be a great place to work. This particular company has to do with patients dealing with the medical condition of having renal failure.(when the kidneys stop working in the body.) It is a demanding job working from between anywhere from ten hour to fifth teen hour days and four out of the six major holidays. Some days patients may start treatments late, the clinic may have to open later, or patient"s transportation maybe having issues so you usually can not end your work day until all patients have made their way out of the clinic and all task are done.
Productive and learned a plenty of task and resposibilty
Regulatory Compliance and Inventory Technician (Former Employee), Goodyear, AZApril 23, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedule
Cons: Emergency clinic calls
Flexible schedule, learned a lot of various task by co. provided training, management very helpul to their staff to assist to be trained
on hihgher level position, nice to work to the others for their teamwork, the hardest part of the job when you will be on training due to a lot of responsibilities to learned at one time because no supervising at work, you'll have to do the according to the co. policy and regulation n a multiple facilities, mostly co worker are very helpul.
New management equals wrong direction
Technician (Current Employee), TNApril 23, 2015
Pros: Good pay and benefits if you get them, use them while you got them
Cons: watch out, they will get you
Working hours are about 4am to 4pm or later. I learned that I loved my fellow floor coworkers and I really loved my patients, but new management was dreadful and above that was impossible. They set goals that were unreachable. They had standards that were barely state legal, you would break your back trying your hardest and management would sit in the office on the computer calculating how to cut your time more while adding more patients. They encourage false documentation to trick state auditors. They don't give you all your pay and you can't prove it because they don't give you a copy of your time card as they should. They look away when managers steal but get rid of workers who are injured.
Caring and productive company
PATIENT CARE TECHNICIAN (PCT) (Former Employee), Kenvil, NJApril 23, 2015
Great place to work and grow as an individual. A place to learn good morals and work ethic. Company and staff are always helpful and caring for patients and one another.
Great learning experience and room for growth and further education
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Shreveport, LAApril 22, 2015
Typical day at work is caring for the patients. You basically do everything besides push and administer meds and fill out all the paperwork that the nurses do. It is a very demanding job, requires you to pay a lot of attention to detail at all times. Management was a joke, nothing was organized or fair. One person would get in trouble for something that another would never, despite if you were a hard worker or not, or if you showed up everyday on time and worked overtime anytime asked, they didn't pay attention to those details. The best part about the job was getting to know the patients and the relationships built but that also could sometimes be the worst part when their health turned for the worst. Number one reason I stayed as long as I did was for my patients and for the fact they offered great benefits and paid for your schooling in full. There is so much room for growth and transferring, so that makes job security nice.
A family based company
Production Operator (Former Employee), Livingston, CAApril 20, 2015
Pros: when you get to the quota done they might make a dinner for you.
A very nice place to work. Very friendly place to work. They are very serious about having a clean environment and keeping up with all the procedures. Most employees are willing to help you when you have a question, and you have the ability to go up the latter in the company.
Productive workplace allowing for creativity
Rgistered Dietitian (Current Employee), Clermont, FLApril 18, 2015
Pros: Being part of an interdisciplinary team
Cons: Some patients do not want to make changes to their diet.
My position is challenging and rewarding. I enjoy helping dialysis better understand the nutritional needs. Nutrition labs are drawn once a month. I am responsible for printing lab reports and reviewing the results with each patient.
Great place to have one on one care with patients
patient care tech (Former Employee), Adrian, MIApril 17, 2015
It is a very fast paced place, you get to have one on one contact with patients, which is amazing to learn what some have been through. you are with them for 4-6 hours a day for 3 days a week. you get to know them and then form a special friendship. You learn a lot about how different people react to certain things with their body and how they manage to live and deal with kidney failure day to day, and knowing you are apart of helping them live longer is a great feeling
really great company
Medicare Specialist (Current Employee), Carmel, IndianaApril 16, 2015
Cons: hard place to advance
This was a great company to work for, great co workers. Bonus was always a plus. We had a certain number of accounts to meet each day and weekly meetings with our seniors about how they could help us achieve them.
Well meaning treatment facility, good experience for healthcare, albeit fast-paced and occasionally dangerous.
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), BloomingtonApril 16, 2015
Pros: Satisfying job helping people in genuine need, lots of opportunities to learn or advance
Cons: Emotionally draining, Demand for hastiness while performing delicate sterile procedures
For this job I was responsible for patient care and completion of outpatient renal dialysis. I would take patients through the entire process from calling them from the waiting room, to administering, monitoring, and discontinuing the treatment. I learned a lot of about the anatomy and physiology of those suffering from renal failure as well as tactics, treatments, and procedures these people undergo in order to stay alive. I had to work as a team member with other technicians as well as physicians and nurses to ensure the very best treatment was given to these people.
One of the most difficult challenges of this job personally was witnessing the amount of suffering these people endure for a frankly lesser quality of life. The most enjoyable part of the job was when someone would get a transplant and didn't need the painful and draining treatment anymore. My co workers were all very experienced people who had to work very quickly to meet the demands and expectations of the patients and the company, they were all good-hearted people who wanted to help but were often very stressed and overworked due to the amount of patients our facility had and the serious nature of the job. I heard complaints about the management in regards to how often the management staff was present from co workers but was personally treated very well during my time here. Communication was always prompt and helpful and was focused on patient care and safety while always accommodating me with good sensitive professional communication.
Hemodialysis Technition
Hemodialysis Technician (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 16, 2015
I was promoted from Hemodialysis Administrative Assistant / Ward Clerk to Hemodialysis Technition. My duties as a technition was to Set up, cleanse, and begin patient's dialysis treatment which is a cleansing of the blood from the body, through the dialysis machine and back to th patient's body.
Excelent Dialysis Company
Enfermero de Hemodiálisis (Current Employee), PRApril 16, 2015
Cons: short breaks
I work at FMC PR South, and a typical day for me is bringing more life to this patients who fight day to day to stay alive and healthy. It feels like a family.
Great place to work with the opportunity for advancement and growth.
OHIO CERTIFIED DIALYSIS TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHApril 16, 2015
Fresenius is a great company to work for, they also offer tuition reimbursement which is awesome. Working for Fresenius has its rewards. The people are great and I enjoy working with the Doctors and patient care staff to help promote health awareness to the patients. I enjoy helping others and seeing my patients smile keeps me motivated. Dialysis can be challenging for most patients,so if I can help make their day brighter then I have done my job efficiently!
Very creative
Registered Nurse Case Manager (Current Employee), Franklin, TNApril 15, 2015
Cons: Sitting
Management is very supportive of advanced degrees, creativity, and skills.
The education is impeccable.
I have learned so much regarding dialysis, and also many different computer programs.
Extremely manual data processes
MDR Specialist (Current Employee), Waltham, MAApril 14, 2015
Pros: If you like the Boston area, you will be surrounded by it.
Cons: The unspoken rule is a 24/7 work day!
The work day is crazy and disorganized. Management can't even figure out how to work tele-meetings...... They are still working on getting a quality plan in place. Just had a huge growth spurt, and struggling to deal with it.

About Fresenius Medical Care

Fresenius Medical Care North America (FMCNA) operates a network of more than 1,800 dialysis clinics located throughout the US. – Read more

Fresenius Medical Care Salaries