Fresenius Medical Care Employee Reviews

its ok. managment has their priorities somewhere else other than their employees.
Generalist-Help Desk Specialist (Current Employee), nashville tnJuly 9, 2015
Pros: birthday pizza and cake once a month
Cons: allows no room for growth within the company.
answering phones. with 20 second intervals.
co workers are amazing to work with. everyone gets along.
the thing i like most about the job is getting to talk to and help people. the worst part is that the procedures change so much it is hard to keep up with. on top of that there is severe micromanaging.
busy office
Medical Biller-Collections (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXJuly 8, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: none
Collections
* Called insurance companies for claim status and pay information
*Filed appeals and follow up on appeal status
* Refiled claims not
* Help patient with questions on their accounts
Fast paced work environment
Hemodialysis Technician (Current Employee), Concord, CAJuly 7, 2015
No two days are the same. It is hard work, but the coworkers are great to be around. Management is pretty cool. The hardest part of the job is being lucky enough to have the testing go smoothly. The most enjoyable part of the job is the coworkers.
Compassion and dedication to Dialysis Patients
Lead PD (Former Employee), Walnut Creek, CAJuly 7, 2015
Pros: Helping Patients complete treatments
Cons: pay, politics, conflict of interest.
On an average day, Supervisors and Managers are about their numbers and is all about politics and favoritism.The most enjoyable part of my job is being compassionate and dedicated to helping each patient complete their treatment within 24 hours.
Very good work environment.
Hemodialysis technician (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 7, 2015
This job was very reliable and had very good team work. The reason i left was because i have committed to my education as a full time student.
Not a good work enviorment
Full Time Registered Dialysis Nurse (Current Employee), Centereach, NYJuly 7, 2015
Pros: Job security
Cons: Poor management
The management is awful. Not a good place to work. The only good thing is the employees were really nice. That is what I liked most about the job
A productive place to work
Dialysis Technician (Current Employee), Phillipsburg, NJJuly 7, 2015
A typical day a work is not so typical in dialysis. Everyday has its challenges. As long as you have a great group of co-workers next to you the day will run smooth.
Fun work environmet, lots of potluck luncheons
Unit Secretary (Former Employee), Midland, TXJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Great benefits
Cons: Low Pay for clerical staff
Clocked in, checked time clock punches from the previous day and notified staff if any missed punches, etc. Validated the billing from the previous day and troubleshot any issues with the clinical staff. Input invoices into the system for payment. Answered a very busy phone, took messages, and assisted the clinical staff during medical emergencies, as needed. Answered basic questions from the staff regarding personnel or payroll matters. Handled incoming and outgoing mail. Filled in mailing out labs, as needed. Assisted with special projects and participated in all required training. Scanned new patients and visiting patients information to the billing department.
Realistic goals and expectations
Admissions Supervisor (Current Employee), Longwood, FLJuly 6, 2015
Pros: great benefits, great team, learned alot
Cons: salary, no lunch, unpaid overtime
The company itself has great benefits, and pay compensation. If you are salary you can expect to work a tremendous amount of overtime. I believe that my experience was not the best only because I worked in a finance center with growing responsibilities and no approval to hire the adequate staff to realistically complete the required tasks responsible. This was because they were closing down billing – more... and finance centers world wide. With this they then overwhelmed the ones who stayed open with the assigned responsibilities to the finance and billing offices that closed. All the sacrifice, hard work and dedication to get the job done does not matter. Eventually we were closed too. My review may have been more positive if I worked within reasonable expectations and sacrificed myself for a growing company which valued my work ethic. – less
management does not care about employees
Inpatient Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Conover, NCJuly 3, 2015
management does not care about employees,
example: an employee was admitted to hospital due to an emergency and got in trouble with management because scheduled work was not completed by a deadline.
Enjoy working with the patients
Dialysis Technician (Current Employee), Louisville, KYJuly 2, 2015
Pros: will work around my personal schedule
Cons: early hours
I have worked for Fresenius for 7 years. I have enjoyed working for this company and the patients that i care for. I mostly enjoy the respect and care that I receive from the patients as I see them almost more than some family and become somewhat close with them. To know that I am helping these patients to stay alive is very rewarding.
Fast past environment
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOJuly 2, 2015
Patient safety is the #1 priority not staying on schedule. Management is supportive and understanding of employee and patients needs.
A great dialysis training company
Hemo dialysis technician (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 1, 2015
I enjoy working with the people. Being a dialysis tech is a very demanding job with long hours. The most enjooyable part of the job is knowing that patient had a successful treatment.
Productivity
Staff RN (Current Employee), Lexington, KYJuly 1, 2015
Appropriate time management produces optimum productivity in a fast paced diverse environment. Team playing is a key factor in optimizing productivity.
Philadelphia
Dialysis Technician PCT (Former Employee), philadelphiaJune 29, 2015
Pros: attidues are good
Cons: long hours
pleasant place to work the patients and employees care about their work performance. Great team work clean and organized place to work
Job Work Life Balance was stressful, as my supervisor expected me to be connected to my laptop nearly 24/7, answering her emails at 11pm, weekends too
Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJune 29, 2015
Pros: Great folks on the deployment teams & in the office
Cons: Supervisor's unrealistic expectations
My co workers and deployment team were very friendly, professional and fabulous to work with! However, my supervisor had no life outside of this company, and expected everyone else to be working practically around the clock like she was.
They pay good money
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Franklin, VAJune 28, 2015
The education and training process is excellent. The hours aren't as long as Davita but you still have to be to work early. The pay is good.
Good work/life balance.
Clinical Operations Support Specialist - Soarian (Current Employee), Waltham, MAJune 28, 2015
Flexible work schedules and job security. Good benefits package and people are friendly. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to have a balance of work and home life.
Meaningful and life changing career
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Keauhou, HIJune 27, 2015
Pros: Offers paid training & always extra hours.
Cons: Unpaid meals, over worked workers, split days off, sometimes no days off, low moral, each man for himself mentality.
I worked at the Fresenius facility in Keauhou. Training consisted of sitting in a room listening to "education coordinators", powerpoints, and taking tests/quizzes. The facility was once a liberty dialysis. The education coordinators compared the policy and procedure of Liberty Dialysis to Fresenius, which made learning a bit difficult. On classroom days I always took initiative to make sure my co-worker – more... and I were connected with the education coordinators. A lot of the questions on the quizzes were on the powerpoints and not in the text book given to us. A lot of the times if you did find an answer in your text book, it did not coincide with the power points. To be in this field/facility you have to take initiative in educating yourself on every part of the job , if not you won't understand anything. Sometimes the education coordinators were wrong or didn't know an answer to a question so they would refer you to the Fresenius policy and procedure to look up yourself. I had no past experience in this field. My preceptor wasn't the best but she tried. She did a lot of things against Fresenius policy and procedure, so when I got caught doing what she was doing, I got into trouble. I was taught to cannulate patients on a fake arm for maybe an hour. I actually made it past all the quizzes and tests. IF YOU DON'T PASS THE FINAL EXAM ON YOUR 2ND TRY YOU WILL GET FIRED! After 2 months of class and on the floor training I had my own pod. I still hadn't met some of the patients nor did I cannulate some of them. This facility seems to be always pressed for time. Needless to say, my 2nd day on the floor I was left pretty much alone cannulating patients I never had before. With this job of course not everyone are happy rays of sunshine. Needless to say I left after my 2nd day on the floor. I kept telling my preceptors that I am not good with cannulation. They all said it comes with time, but try saying that to a patient with no patience that only like particular people to cannulate them. I understand perfectly... but hey sometimes no one else is around. I was told I would have patients that were easy to cannulate.... boy was that a lie. I also worked off the clock a lot. Oh, and a lot of the staff members dislikes the clinic manager, who pretty much sits behind her desk, inside her office with her door close, in a constant bad mood. – less
fast paced, growing business
AR clerk/HIPP Liaison (Former Employee), Metairie, LAJune 25, 2015
Pros: great benefits, well managed
fast paced, growing business, great work environment

Fresenius is a great place to work. My coworkers were knowledgeable and easy to get along with. The benefits are great. Fresenius genuinely cares about their patients and staff.
Headquarters