Fresenius Medical Care Employee Reviews

Great workplace
Dialysis Nurse (Former Employee) –  Alice, TXNovember 19, 2017
I worked there for 11 years and enjoyed every minute of working there. If I did not have any young children I would definitely go back t work there. I really miss the bond you build with the patients.
Antiquated Systems and Philosophy
Senior Instructional designer, eLearning Services (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MANovember 19, 2017
Fresenius has a somewhat stodgy atmosphere, doesn't appear to appreciate its employees, who all work hard. Benefits and compensation are low and not competitive.

Fresenius has some great people and great managers, and I loved my work, but my was not sustainable for me, and there was no advancing career path that would enable me to stay.
great coworkers
Hemodialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Pittsburg, CANovember 18, 2017
will work for fresenius any time. work environment was one of the best in my 24 years in the field. The training and leading new techs were good to know they are being trained right.
hardest work i have ever done
Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Roswell, NMNovember 18, 2017
CPR and BLS certifications. Pre and post vitals/calculation weights and target goals, Education on ESRD and PT involvement in dialysis treatment, Cannulation of Fistula or Graft. Emergency response/treatment termination, Biological/chemical waste disposal per state mandate, Machine troubleshooting/set up and programing/disassembly and reset, Strict policy and procedure adherence for MD orders, Disinfect and testing of RO/city feed water systems. Bicarbonate/acid preparation testing and distribution, System disinfection and PH monitoring. PH/conductivity meter calibration and maintenance.
Pros
helping people
Cons
corporate culture
Racist Supervisor and staff
Dialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 18, 2017
It made working there impossible, and instead of doing something about it when I reported them, I was let go. I was a great worker and hated confrontation, so for me to have said something it had to have been bad which it was.
Unpredictable Days
Full time Staff RN in Acute care setting (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 17, 2017
Hardest part of this job as an Acute Dialysis RN is the unpredictability of your hours. The saying is "We always know when we arrive but we never know when we go home."
Horrible.
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Galesburg, ILNovember 16, 2017
This company doesn't care about its employees. Every one is overworked and underpaid. Coworkers are rude and not helpful. There is no team work. Very fast paced and demanding.
very bias employer
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GANovember 15, 2017
no room for advancement... company constantly making changes what should a fairly easy role of data entry is more of a rat race for compliments being management is bias
Pros
sometimes free lunches
Cons
non room for advancement
Dialysis is not for Everyone
Dialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNNovember 15, 2017
Poor Management at my particular clinic. (not the case across the board). Hard work, long hours, stressful and extreme accuracy work place.

Hardest part about the job is getting super close to your patients and most end in life. Very hard on the heart!
Fun place to work.
Renal Dialysis Dietitian (Current Employee) –  Eagle Pass, TXNovember 15, 2017
A very team oriented place to work. The RD is given autonomy to assess, recommend biders and educate patients. RD is responsible for assisting patients toapply for mail order pharmcy medications and assistance programs in case they have no insurance or are self pay.
Pros
Supportive management and team members.
Cons
Sometimes time management is challenging.
Terrible company
Clinical Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, INNovember 14, 2017
Patients are treated like cattle. Profit is all that matters. Numerous lawsuits against the company regarding medicare fraud. It is sad that only two major dialysis providers exist and they are both only interested in profit
Pros
Few
Cons
Numerous
Longlasting working relationship
Acute Dialysis Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 13, 2017
Great work company just want another taste of nursing. I will more than likely stay with them PRN due to already investing almost 15 years with them. Multiple options for positions.
Job was fun but management was thumb down
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXNovember 13, 2017
The manager and team leader will lie to get you out the built for no reason what so ever it’s disgusting how this company treat their employees and turn their head. I will never work for this company due to people they have running it.. not to mention they are womanizer
Pros
Pay
Cons
Mistreated, lied on, break cut
Productive and positive place to work
Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILNovember 13, 2017
I was new to the healthcare environment at twenty years old but this company has by far been the best company I have ever had the privilege to work for. It was a positive 6 years of my life.
Pros
clean, professional environment, friendly coworkers
Cons
The job has to many responsibility to keep up with
Biomedical Technician II (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaNovember 13, 2017
They are under staffed even though they say your not. There is really not much training you figure it out as you go. You are over worked even if they pay more money it is still to much in the end.
Benefits
Cons
Work load and training
Not a solid company
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNNovember 11, 2017
Lots of starts and stops and lack of vision and direction. Favoritism run rampant throughout the company. New management brings in their people and shuffles long term employees out the door.
Pros
Leave process is extremely easy
Cons
Cut throat management that plays favorites, lack of leadership and direction, below average pay
Good team work.
Dialysis Staff (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 11, 2017
Most of the managers are very good in relating and delegating jobs and fair with scheduling . We have fun even during work time and if there some issues with patients they talk to us first and listen pretty good with the details before siding with patients .
Pros
Free lunches, constant snacks
Cons
Short breaks, at times when we are short staff you get only 10mins.
Fast paced
WARD CLERK (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 9, 2017
Fresenius was a fast paced work environment. Rarely was there time to eat lunch due to patient volume. Long days were sometimes required to complete patient treatments.
Time consuming working place
RN (Former Employee) –  El Centro, CANovember 9, 2017
It was nice working here, you get attached to the patients; unfortunately the management and above were not good with taking recommendations and suggestions from the staff below.
not focused on people
PCT, Preceptor (Former Employee) –  Deerfield, ILNovember 9, 2017
$$$ first, people second. too much emphasis on bottom line and not patient outcomes. Meat market approach, like an assembly line instead of quality. poor leadership and high turnover. poor compensation.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fresenius Medical Care. Our community is ready to answer.