Fresenius Medical Care
1,021 reviews

Fresenius Medical Care Employer Reviews

Great job
Unit Secretary / Lab Tech (Former Employee), El Cajon, CAJanuary 25, 2015
Loved helping people knowing that my job made a difference. It was a very demanding job and a very rewarding job.
High turnover, poor patient outcomes
Acute Dialysis Nurse (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: compensation/benefits
Cons: no breaks, long hours, no support or adequate training, poor morale among staff
Poor management who have no respect for their employees or the ability to lead a team. Policy and procedures were ignored and patient outcomes are suffering.

Lack of strong rapport and limited support with the nephrologists provides barriers for dialysis nurses to provide patient care.

Nurses were being required to work long shifts greater than 18 hours multiple days in a row (4-5 in total).

Higher management aware of these problems and there has been no improvement over the last 5 years, turnover is frequent and never ending.
Good place to start getting experience in biomedical field.
Biomedical Technician (Current Employee), NJJanuary 22, 2015
Performe maintenance services on medical equipments on a routine schedule Prepared biomedical reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends Installed new equipment by establishing, adjusting, calibrating, and testing performance Directed biomedical equipment operation by providing equipment operation demonstrations; answering questions, and providing information
Good training
Clinic Manager/Facility Administrator (Current Employee), Alsip, ILJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: happy to go to work
Cons: long hours
Training is done with care. lots training to ensure proper work ethics. patient focused. doctors are great, great set of patient population.
Jobwas extemly stressful
Collection Specialist (Former Employee), Westchester, ILJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: well compensated
Cons: dealing with management
Work was extremely satisfying - the office dynamics left a lot to be desired. The management was out of step with employees who were preforming the work. This may have been just this offices problem or maybe a corporate problem. This issue I believe led to the closing of this office.
Best job I had so far in life
Hemodialysis Technician (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: room to grow and learn
Cons: if you are not a peoples person
I learned so much in the medical field (dialysis). My plans are to get back in the medical field and soar.
Excellent place to work
Hemodialysis Registered Nurse/Charge Nurse (Current Employee), South Plainfield, NJJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: flexibility
Cons: location
Professional staff and great leadership. Flexibility is maximized for staff. Patient satisfaction in primary goal; overall quality exceeds norms. Great staff to work with.
A typical work day begins between 4am and 5am and usually wraps up by 7pm. Some days staff can leave by 2pm. Recently transportation issues and decrease patient census have decreased staffing needs so security in hours and position may be questionable. The most enjoyable part of the day is working with the patients and staff because of the caring and loving environment.
Productive, fun place to work
Corporate leadership (Former Employee), Westchester, ILJanuary 21, 2015
Fun, relaxed atmosphere. Productive collaboration between multiple teams. Tremendous opportunities for advancement and professional growth. Leadership was very approachable - listening to concerns and suggestions for improvement.
billing dialysis claims on ub-04
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee), longwood, floridaJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: coworkers are nice
Cons: work area is not santized, and break are too small
need a better job, to make a change or to take my medical billing collections skills in another level
Good teamwork and friendly environment
Certified Hemodialysis Technician (Current Employee), Berwyn, ILJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: cannulating the patient's access and flexible schedule.
Cons: waking up at 2 a.m.
When arriving to work, we check the water treatment room. We check gauges, pressures and chlorine levels and mix bicarb. Once all is check and within limits, we set up machines to provide dialysis to our patients. When the patients are on the machines, we monitor their vital signs and charting on the clinic's computer system.
Life of Dialysis
Certified Dialysis Technician (Current Employee), Detroit, MIJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: quality care
Cons: patients not feeling well
My day consists of interacting with patients and staff. Making sure that each patients have the best quality care. I speak with the patients, monitor their blood pressure, cannulate patients accesses used for dialysis and communicate with the nurse about the patient. I then set up machines for three consecutive shifts and ending the day with shutting down the machines and cleaning properly.
great work envierment
Solution Specialist (Former Employee), ogden utJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: good breaks
Cons: night shift
12 hour nights was nice good paychecks , i learned how to be very clean, management was very good at there jobs coworkers where nice and worked hard hardest part of my job would be the night shift most enjoyable part was my work environment
Dont waste your time.
PCT (Former Employee), Birmingham ALABAMAJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: the education was good enough to take with you to another dialysis setting. that is about it
Cons: they do not work as a team, you are on your own straight out of school
The clinic I worked at was bad. I manager only believed the OLD TIMERS . The education was good but the clinics did not follow the class room . You had to relearn the clinic WAY . The job description say that it is full time but you only get 32 hour a week ,except those that are in good with the managers
Productive and fun and working place
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), Long Beach, CAJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: fun, team effort and high standard.
A great company and fun working place. Knowledgeable staffs and a safe place to work. Never boring moment, teammates always there for each other and especially for the patient.
great place to work and learn
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Greenwood, MsJanuary 18, 2015
preparing the water system to start the day, getting all supplies and machines ready for the patients, documenting all information needed for the nurses, keeping the facility sanitary.

hardest part of the job was when there was a storm and the electricity would go out and the whole facility had to take care of the patients with no electricity.

best part of the job was having the opportunity to learn a lot about health care.
Under staffed no career advancement
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Cortland, OHJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: no oncall shifts
Cons: under staffed
Looking to advance my career no opportunities available at time of my employment.
worst company I ever worked for
pct (Former Employee), georgiaJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: classes
Cons: will discuss in interview
over worked,unorganized, unethical management, lazy,unprofessional coworkers. the hardest part of my job was my job. the most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with my patients, the patients always made me smile.
Overworked & underpaid
Renal dietitian (Former Employee), North CarolinaJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: the staff at the facilities are great to work with including the techs and the nurses
Cons: the training is terrible and the upper management doesn't care about you and your family
I worked as a dietitian for almost 2 years with this company. When I decided to transfer to a position with less hours within the company they still expected me to help out at the other clinics. They made me feel obligated to continue to help before I even agreed to take the other position. When I told them I couldn't do it they made me feel like I wasn't a team player, despite the fact that I helped out last year when another dietitian left. This company does not value patient care and only cares about money. They do not give you sufficient amount of time to interact with the patients and only care about you getting your paperwork done. If I was a patient I would not go to this company. When I turned in my notice nobody even tried to get me to stay except for the new manager who just came from DaVita. This company did not even try to figure out why I was leaving. I guess they already have someone that will fill my shoes. If you work for this company keep in mind the management doesn't care about you at all. If you're just doing this job just because you need a paycheck than this company is for you!
Enjoyable, physical, and family oriented.
Material Handler (Current Employee), Ogden, UTJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: na
Fresenius Medical Care definitely keeps you busy. There's always a task at hand. I have learned about pulling orders, delivering products on assembly lines, and how to work as safe and quickly as possible. Management at Fresenius Medical Care was well structured and professional. Nothing was too difficult when you stay focused on the task at hand. Co- workers were great to be around and very helpful. The most enjoyable part about being a part of FMC team was that they gave back to employees through benefits and recognition dinners.
FMC is a good comany to work for.
Certified Hemodialysis Technician (Former Employee), Weston, WVJanuary 16, 2015
They offer a great benefits package and decent pay. My co-workers were great people. They were knowledgeable, friendly, and very helpful. The hardest part of the job is a toss up between losing patients and the early mornings. The most enjoyable part was daily interaction with the patients. The bond and rapport you develop with them is amazing!

About Fresenius Medical Care

Fresenius Medical Care North America (FMCNA) operates a network of more than 1,800 dialysis clinics located throughout the US. – Read more

Fresenius Medical Care Photos