Fresenius Medical Care
1,179 reviews

Fresenius Medical Care Employee Reviews

Room for major advancement if desired
RN Acute Dialysis (Former Employee), Cranberry, PAJune 3, 2015
Pros: GOOD PTO
Cons: Flexibility
Acute setting super flexible with not knowing when you will get off and also 24 hour call
great educational program with 3 months of initial dialysis training
enjoy working with my staff.
Clinical Manager (Current Employee), silver spring mdJune 2, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: company unloyaty
it is okay. I like my staff. I like the facility location. I like the staff at the nursing home. The nursing home is sold and we have to find jobs.
I enjoy working at FMC
Float Dialysis Nurse (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOJune 1, 2015
Pros: the pay, and I feel that FMC really cares about it's patients
Cons: 12-17 hr days
I float so I am faced with different situations from day to day. I think FMC is a great company to work for. They are one of the only companies to offer money towards your 401K
Maybe it was just that location
PCT (Former Employee), Kent, OHJune 1, 2015
Pros: pay, environment, personal achievements
Cons: short-to-no breaks, poor management, advancement was more difficult
The clinical manager at the location I worked for had no sympathy for any of her staff.

The staff however, were fantastic. The work environment was fast paced and exciting.

The compensation was great from the start. Raises however were few and far...

The hardest part of the job is when we lost a patient.

The most rewarding part of the job was feeling like you had helped saved someone's life.
Nice place to work
Biomedical Engineer (Former Employee), Crown Point, INJune 1, 2015
A typical day at work was very productive. This place definitely gave me something to do....which I enjoyed. I loved the fact that they advanced their people from within, and they provided quality trainers to help with the advancement. My colleagues were not the easiest to work with, and management at the time was also not the best, but I definitely loved what I did, and that's what made the job worthwhile.
Has been a rewarding job in prior years
Sel Pay Collections (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMay 31, 2015
Pros: QUARTLY BONUSES
Cons: STRESS FROM UPSET PATIENT CALLS
I SPEND MOST OF THE DAY ON THE PHONES TALKING TO PATIENTS THAT THE AUTO DIALER PUT ON HOLD AND ARE VERY UPSET. I WAS IN BILLING AND PROCESSING FOR 32 YEARS BEFORE THEY DOWNSIZED TO 1 PERSON DOING THE BILLING AND FORCED ME TO MOVE TO SELF PAY. I HAVE NEVER LIKED BEING ON TH PHONE, EVEN AS A TEENAGER. I MENTIONED THAT WHEN I WAS MOVED. I WORKED THE BAD DEBT PRE-LIST MOSTLY FOR THE FIRST 2 YEARS BUT HAVE RECENTLY BEEN REQUIRED TO ANSWER ALL INCOMING PHONE CALLS.
Culture is somewhat cut-throat on managerial level and substandard professionalism on a local level in my region of experience.
Clinic Manager (Former Employee), OhioMay 27, 2015
Company lacks integrity and professionalism on regional level. Company level is a good company to be involved with. Do not recommend working in the Ohio region. RVP is disconnected with his managers and Directors of Operation are cut throat.
I worked for this company as a Registered Nurse in hemodyalysis treatments.
Registered Nurse/Floor Nurse (Former Employee), Sylacauga, ALMay 26, 2015
On a typical day I completed assessments on patients, initiated hemodialysis treatments, monitored patients during treatment, and administered hemodialysis related medication to renal patients.
apheresis day
Apheresis Technician/LPN (Current Employee), Grand Blanc, MIMay 25, 2015
Pros: great learning experience
Cons: unpredictable schedule
Preforms scheduled.unscheduled and emergency apheresis treatments. Maintain patient safely and confidentiality.
special needs clinic
Certified Hemodialysis Technician (Current Employee), West Saint Paul, MNMay 24, 2015
Pros: you get to manage your own work load and work alone
Cons: coworkers
prepared machines for daily use. a minimum of 15 patients a day. over all a wonderful job, but the constant stress and long hours takes a certain kind of mind set
Very stressful work lace. Not enough staf.
Fresenius Medical Care (Former Employee), Dunbar, WVMay 22, 2015
Cleaned dialysis machines between patients. Made sure the patient had the right solution set up in the machine. Administered medications, drew labs. Assessed vital every 30 minutes and charted.
A positive life enlightening career
Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMay 22, 2015
Pros: The day went well without an incident
Cons: When there wasn't enough work hours
In the hospital we worked Professionally and Effectively well together to make sure the day ended with, every document signed, all test were completed, and all the patients had the Best Treatment, Care, Communication and Learning Environment that was possible.
Great
Administrative Assistance (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 22, 2015
great place to work while in school. find the right manager and the job could be heaven. the wrong one and ...Happy to say that I had a great manager and love my job.
Untrustworthy company
Clinic Manager (Former Employee), Rochester, NYMay 22, 2015
Pros: Patients and co-workers
Cons: Healthcare, area management
Never staffed well, always needing to beg people to work longer shifts, or extra days, then if a patient no shows have to send staff home in order to make Fresenius's TAP. Micromanaged by area managers, behind the clinic managers back. Clinic managers have very little say into what goes on, either the area manager decides or you have to go to HR. Staff members and patients are wonderful.
I was inventory manager for 6 clinics
Inventory Compliance Manger (Former Employee), Memphis and Collierville, TNMay 20, 2015
Pros: Good company and pay.
Cons: Little training and support
I took this job expecting more training and support. After an acquisition merger I was last hired and first released. I enjoyed the job but the job was not satisfying.
see previous review
Dialysis nurse (Former Employee), Phx, AZMay 20, 2015
see previous review. Long hours, demanding work, one clinic, overseeing multiple patients at one time as well as techs.
fun
liscense vocational nurse (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMay 20, 2015
the job requires and sometimes demands physical endurance as well as knowledge of illness pertaining to chronic hemodialysis. co-workers are also in their highest form during turnovers of patients coming in and coming off treatment. the hardest part of job is multitasking at most but I enjoy it.
Great work. Love the job.
PCT (Current Employee), knoxville, tnMay 18, 2015
Pros: Helping patients and connecting with them on a whole other level.
Cons: Understanding everything you need to know in such a short period of time.
I love my job. The patients are amazing. The fact I can help these people with their health makes me feel accomplished and blessed.
Social Worker in a Nurse's World
Renal Social Worker (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMay 15, 2015
Overall FMC is a great company to work for. It took adjusting to because of the nursing setting. A lot of the clinic managers within the company do not value social workers. Working with patients is wonderful and I had the chance to do many therapeutic interventions.
Great Place
Patient Care Technician/ Secretary-Clerical (Current Employee), Rocky Mount, NCMay 14, 2015
Awesome Management. Great employees to work with. Long Days but well worth it when working with your patients! Steady staying busy.

About Fresenius Medical Care

Fresenius Medical Care North America (FMCNA) operates a network of more than 1,800 dialysis clinics located throughout the US. – Read more

Fresenius Medical Care Salaries