Fresenius Medical Care

Fresenius Medical Care Employee Reviews

Found 1,294 reviews matching the search
Dialysis Rn
Dialysis Nurse (Current Employee) –  Middletown, NYDecember 14, 2015
Every job has more training to endure as time passes by. so the only thing i would have to say is that there are like 20 managers involved in 1 clinic. very difficult to address your concerns. And on call pay is terrible so is the salary. Entire hospital rn make more than dialysis rn and the 1199 union is not effective. But its the people you work with that make you hang in there.
Pros
time for family, good colleagues
Cons
minimal breaks, double charting, supervisors work even though you barely have time for patient care and documentation
Fun work place.
Facility Assistant (Former Employee) –  McComb, MSDecember 13, 2015
Loved being involved in patient care. Enjoyed meeting new people. Got along with staff, very friendly atmosphere. I enjoyed talking to the patients and getting to know their family.
Good
material transfer operator/ Process tech (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTDecember 9, 2015
Good place to work at. room to grow within the company and good managment. excellent benefits, and great people to work with
ok company to work for
Dialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 6, 2015
Good company to work for...policies can be contradictory...enjoyed the coworkers...needed better leadership at the time...should consider more employee interaction
Pros
centers on other states
Cons
policy
director of operations (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NY and QueensDecember 6, 2015
Large dialysis company with many resources at your disposal. Provides clinical services, education and equipment. Dialysis equipment is provided not just to Fresenius but to its competitors world wide.
Pros
Many Resources
Cons
Clinical Personnel excessive turnover due to low salary
very informative, you get to dee other side of the medical field
Hemodialysis Technician (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 3, 2015
fun place to work in, one to one patient care, co-workers would display constant teamwork, can get intense, fast pace, its an ongoing learning experience
Call center setting
Patient Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LADecember 2, 2015
A typical day is processing requests and placing patients for services. I learned to identify various components of medical records.
Cons
Process, Procedures, Management
very rewarding
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Bend, ORDecember 1, 2015
I learned so much here. and enjoyed the type of work dialysis entailed. It was a high energy job with little room for error.
I found a love for this type of work and it motivated me to return to school and learn more
GOOD STAFF, GREAT CHARGE NURSE
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GANovember 22, 2015
GREAT STAFF, FLEXIBLE HRS, NEED MORE STAFF BUT THAT'S EXPECTED IN ACUTES, MATCH 401K, GOOD BENEFITS, CHOICE OF INSURANCE.COMPANY PAID LIFE INSURANCE.
Pros
FLEXIBLE HRS, GOOD STAFF, GREAT CHARGE NURSE
Cons
NEED MORE STAFF
Patient care technician
Dialysis Technician I, II (Current Employee) –  Annapolis, MDNovember 22, 2015
Patient care technicians are on site from 4am to 6:30p.m on a typical day. The day to day activities are to facilitate care to patients with kidney disease.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks for more than 13 hours shift work

Want to know more about Fresenius Medical Care?

Ask a question
Great company to work for.
RN Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Charleston, WVNovember 19, 2015
Enjoy the opportunity to start my nursing career at Fresenius. The schedule is great. The hardest part of my job is cannulating. The most enjoyable part of my job is building a relationship with my clients.
Fast Pace work enviroment
Phlebotomy Technician (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 19, 2015
Fast pace work environment. Hardest part of the job is balancing any outside personal time. This company will try and work with school schedules if they can.
life saving treatments sometimes caotic
Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Pinellas Park, FLNovember 19, 2015
How good your unit is all depends on the manager. I went through 3 in 3 1/2 years, that should tell you something. My nurses on the other hand were wonderful and hard working. My teammates for the most part worked well together, but there's always one or two that think certain things are beneath them. All in all it's always about the patients.
Pros
great RN's
Cons
other teammates abusing breaks
OK PLACE TO WORK
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Baker, LANovember 18, 2015
WORK TYPICALLY BEGINS FAIRLY EARLY BEFORE MOST SCHOOLS AND DAYCARES OPEN SO I WOULDN'T RECCOMEND THIS JOB TO SOME ONE WITH SMALL KIDS.
Typical big company with typical issues.
Patient Accounts Representative (Former Employee) –  Longwood, FLNovember 17, 2015
I'm grateful for all the knowledge and problem-solving skills I acquired at Fresenius Medical Care. I enjoyed my colleagues and all the opportunities to help dialysis patients.
Pros
Good local management
Cons
Laid off after more than 14 years of loyal employment due to downsizing
Horrible Management
Verification Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GANovember 17, 2015
While the company itself claims to be all about the patient and it's employees, they fail to deliver. Poor management and chasing as much profit as possible is bringing the decline in customer care and is killing the morale of employees. Policies and procedures change constantly. Management is very reactive, instead of attempting to be proactive in regards to known issues. The workload is steadily increasing, but staff ratios remain the same or lessen. Management shows favoritism, and severe lack of professionalism.
Pros
Nice location
Cons
Poor management, Favoritism
Job satisfaction in working with clients / co-workers
Medical Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMNovember 17, 2015
Great opportunity to learn about Dialysis Medical Care from highly experienced interdisciplinary team members. Health benefits are limited due to high deductibles. One Social worker to a clinic of 90 patients with less than 32 hours authorized to work. Good time management and advocacy skills are necessary to manage to work load.
Pros
You are part of an interdisciplinary team.
Cons
Limited or no opportunities for advancements.
working with renal failure patients as a medical team
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Rockford, MINovember 16, 2015
We usually have three shifts- while tech is prepping patient to start hemodialysis- I assess fluid gain- signs and symptoms of fluid overload or electrolyte imbalances- trouble shoot central venous catheters if they have signs or symptoms of being infected. Calling in prescriptions and notifying physician if there are abnormal assessment findings.
Pros
get to leave for lunch. Low stress environment
Cons
Not challenging enough. Feel like i work on a human assembly line
tough work
order fulfillment (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCNovember 16, 2015
demanding supervision. some overtime was possible. decent starting pay. room for expansion and improvement. Good selection of work schedules to choose from.
Great Place to Work!!
RN (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 15, 2015
The patients were awesome and I made good money working here. The Techs work great with nurses to give the patients a great experience. Management is supportive of advancement and will assist in the process.